Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004  (Read 28553 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 08:04:02 AM »

its really, really hard not to view this  "band" as a complete joke. How can members of a band not have a clue about the music they are making??  How do a bunch of guys have absolutely no ownership in the situation, or its release??

They should have some balls and demand Axl involves them in the business side rather than just use them to make music for him. Cos until they do, and demand it be a band of equals...then they are nothing more than session muso's,

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 08:12:18 AM »

It?s Easy For some to be a hater who goes into raptures at every tiny bit of negative news. Bless them!

Your so wise... wake up! Nobody is hating. Just reacting to what very little sorry ass news we get. And NOTHING has been positive lately. Actually I'm not even so sure you could say it is negative either... news just doesn't exist. And in all of the interviews from various members lately make it seem like they are just like "whatever" when asked about GnR, or they don't say shit about the band. Yes, Tommy had a lot of good things to say a while back (ie: Jarmo's interview). But he still seemed out of the loop. I'm not saying anything about Brain's interview because I haven't read it... but things don't look good. But you all should know by now, this is nothing new. Negative or Positive, Fans will be fans regardless. And we are still waiting....

mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 08:13:54 AM »

Today, in december 2004, What is "Guns n' Roses"? because sincerly, I'm not able to anwer to this question anymore.

Guns n' Roses = Axl Rose Wink

Seriously, I think it's just a group of musicians led by Axl Rose.

Somebody get the whole article here, please.

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 08:38:01 AM »

Nobody is hating.

How can you be so sure about that?

See how much pet hate some poster has towards Brain(and BH, and Robin).
Read how someone wants to see the members out of the band.

Do you still say that?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 08:39:44 AM by ppbebe » Logged
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 08:58:33 AM »

Do you still say that?

Ummm I would suggest that is opinion, not hate. Do we all have to fall in line to be considered non haters??...I want this album to be awesome, I want it to be from a real band , but I dont HAVE to agree with everything Axl does or says....cos Im myself, I and other 'haters' dont define ourselves and our opinion according to Axls point of view. I wish him the best and GNR, but not all of us simply fawn.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 09:17:44 AM »

Do you still say that?

Ummm I would suggest that is opinion, not hate. Do we all have to fall in line to be considered non haters??...I want this album to be awesome, I want it to be from a real band , but I dont HAVE to agree with everything Axl does or says....cos Im myself, I and other 'haters' dont define ourselves and our opinion according to Axls point of view. I wish him the best and GNR, but not all of us simply fawn.
+1. same for me. I'm not a "hater" (if I were I wouldn't be on this board) but rather a realistic person. When I think something is good I say it's good (how many times have I said extremely positive comments about Fortus and Stinson? a lot) , and when I think something is bad I say it's bad. it's called opinion. I'm not a blind fan who say "yes" to everything Axl does. I'm not a yes-man. I try to be objective. and I'm the first one to say the MSG 2002 show is one of the best GN'R show ever (old and new band included). The new band was amazing that night...included Robin Finck.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 09:19:36 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 09:22:22 AM »

Nobody is hating.

Do you still say that?

I love this band and i am not negative for no reason. I dont want to see the members out of the band, but they are probably out. Could you tell me something positive at this time about GNR??? And please no rumors about February CD realease, because it's a joke!!!

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004, 09:24:56 AM »

It?s Easy For some to be a hater who goes into raptures at every tiny bit of negative news. Bless them!

3. He mentions the word 'hired gun' and at one point it almost sounded like he's no longer in the group

4. If the record does come out, then he thinks it could be GNR's Led Zepplin 2.

I'm sure later I'll be able to get the actual quotes as one of my drummer friends buys this magazine
Scabbie
Thanks.
 #4. is one of the best news.? ? ? ?#3. is a worrying bit. Hmm. Undecided
Please inform us of the ditails.

I agree, I'll tell you from reading this I get the feeling most/all the guys are very glad they worked in gnr and they feel the album will be very good when/if it gets released, but none seem to be that worried they seem to know they have all their stuff outside the band and seem to have doubts it will ever happen..

I only can go by what has been posted, i don't know how true it is being the same info has been pasted on each board..

Basically the album will be good if it ever finds the light of day.... SHame hopw distant yet close it seems, the guys give such little info, you would think by nearly january these guys would have something good to say..

I start to feel more n more that this album/s will never see the light of day unless somehow they are forced out, it's nearly january there's not a single piece of info for anything, february seems like a miss, let the march-april rumors begin.. Embarrassed
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2004, 10:01:19 AM »

Do you still say that?

Well... IMO realistically I think people should be expected to be negative. I am honestly very surprised this many people still have faith. At times I do, and sometimes I don't. But whatever happens I still believe in the music.

I know some people are like "fuck brain... he sucks" etc. Those people will never change their mind and they should just not listen if they don't like it.

But what I see is people who are frustrated and taking what little info we get and looking at it realistically. Those people shouldn't be called haters.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2004, 10:29:42 AM »

Sure... so, the guy said that CD will be like Led Zeppelin II and you guys are just "oh, MAYBE he's already out! he hates the band!".  Its not about faith. I don't trust in faith and I'm not blind. I just expect this CD to be out and to be awesome.  If Brain is out, is probabily because of Buckethead's departure. Nothing so unexepected.

Even if he's out, he said good things about the band's (yeah, it's a band) work. And I'm happy with that. Also, we should wait for the full article to judge the guy and bitch about him leaving the band... Maybe it's not that clear that he's a former hired gun. 

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2004, 10:40:45 AM »

Here goes!!! Does this sound like a current member of Guns n' Roses?.....well I'll let you decide (not I only types the parts of the interview that are relevant)

Is there any one project you?ve done that feels more like the real you than any other?

What I do in Bucket of Bernie Brains feels like the most natural way of playing to me. That?s probably closest to my natural personality and style of anything I?ve done. When I joined Primus, I have to fill Tim?s shoes a little bit, learn his parts and do the existing songs the way he did. And with Guns n?Roses it?s the same thing. When you?re working with a band that?s sold 100 million albums, people expect you to play the fills the way they?ve always known them. With Bucket of Bernie Brains, its much freer because its our thing. Its like ?F**k it, lets roll tape and see what happens?

But now you?re in Bucket of Bernie Brains with Les. How did that come into being?

When we started the band, me and Bucket were still in Guns n? Roses. We were just getting ready to go out on tour and Les called up and said ?Bonnaroo (big US music festival) is coming up and I want to do a Les and friends type thing. Our managers got together and got it sorted, then we all just turned up on the day of the festival, walked on stage and just made it all up?.

One of them being GNR, who seem to be on hiatus again. Would you work with Axl?s crew again?

If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that. I love being that rock guy when you?re in a band, and its about you and your music. Being a hired gun is a different feeling ? its not your songs, and its all about the artist you?re working for. Which is cool, but with Guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating. And if the new album ever comes out, there are songs on there that I?ve had a hand in writing.

Again, with GNR it was a case of you stepping into some big shoes ? those of John Freese, no less?

The way it happened was that I was with Primus, on an Australian tour when I talked to Buckethead and he mentioned he was going to join Guns. He and I have done stuff together for years, and we try to get each other involved in what we?re doing. So he said I should go down and see what was going on. At that point Josh was doing the gig and I was like ?Yeah, whatever?. But around that time the whole Primus thing kind of fell apart because it wasn?t really working out. And then Bucket called again and told me that Josh had quit.

So I went down and met the guys and Axl, and everyone was super cool. The whole Guns thing really excited me and I think the record?s incredible ? it could be their Led Zepplin 11. I really have a feeling about it and I just hope it comes out?.

When you were studying hard, did you ever have a career plan for what you?d do when you stepped into the big bad music industry?

I never once thought I was going to play drums for a living. And in actual fact I?m thinking of trying to get out of playing as a career.

Really? And do what?

I want to get into public storage and motor homes. Buying land and putting up public storage units ? I heard there?s a lot of money in it. U?m serious.

Er, no, you can?t be

I?m absolutely serious

What and just play gigs for fun?

And take gigs that I want to take. And only do what I want to do.

Wow, that would be a brave step

Maybe, but I?m not a John Freese. He does everybody?s records in LA and he?s amazing. I don?t think I?m good enough to do that, but I also feel like I need to give something of myself to every session that I do. If I can?t do that I don?t really want to get involved. Its something I?m seriously thinking about.

Here today...ready to rock
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2004, 11:01:48 AM »

To me it doesn't feel like he has quit or like there's any bad blood between him and the rest of the band. GN'R is just on hiatus and he apparently has no clue what's been going on lately. Pretty much the same situation as the other guys it seems.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2004, 11:02:51 AM »

Thanks for writing it up....It cleared some things up and put everything in context...its funny to see how qucikly some peopel love to jump on this band ever chance they get...but yes they are fans too..anyways...

heres what I get out of the interview and the band as a whole....

Its very simple.....they made the music and now they are done until Axl calls them back. Some are not sure of the situation because they already know that Axl is doing his thing{whatver that may be}{tweaking,procrastinating,lawsuiits,contracts,company,etc}, so they go off and do thier own thing.

The good thing though is that they feel stongly and BELIEVE in the material they have already made. And so far the members have all said that they actually MISS being with the rest of the band etc. SO thats a very good thing....

The whole Guns thing really excited me and I think the record?s incredible ? it could be their Led Zepplin 11. I really have a feeling about it and I just hope it comes out?.
Must be a descent album ?yes

As a huge Axl fan and a hufe fan of the member sin this band...I think all the blame goes to Axl. I think he has built something great. The band, the music, the chemistry is all there...but the only problem is he is taking too long. WHo knows the real reason but I dont think its mostly because of the music. Im sure it has something to do with it but it has to also be other things because each member has been positive about the music and the whole gnr experience...

Axl you got a tight and talented band.....Go tear the world a new asshole already!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 11:07:27 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2004, 11:03:40 AM »

And all this time we thought Axl was the insane one. Public storage....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2004, 11:04:27 AM »

Thanks for posting this Scabbie. ? ok ? We won't get this mag here for another month or more. ?no

One of them being GNR, who seem to be on hiatus again. Would you work with Axl?s crew again?

If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that.

Even though I'm not thrilled with the "If" part, I think the rest of what he's saying is great!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2004, 11:13:17 AM »

But now you?re in Bucket of Bernie Brains with Les. How did that come into being?

When we started the band, me and Bucket were still in Guns n? Roses.

Don't like this one  Grin
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2004, 11:37:15 AM »

If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that. I love being that rock guy when you?re in a band, and its about you and your music. Being a hired gun is a different feeling ? its not your songs, and its all about the artist you?re working for. Which is cool, but with Guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating. And if the new album ever comes out, there are songs on there that I?ve had a hand in writing.
Ok, two things:

1) He didn't say "I'm not in GNR anymore", he just said he's doing his own things while the band is in the hiatus. Just like Tommy did. And, he said "GNR start up again, I'm in".

2) He didn't say "I am a hired gun", he said: "but with Guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating."

So, is there any more things to bitching about him? I told to wait for the the article...  Roll Eyes

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2004, 11:37:46 AM »

This isn't a bad sign. ?He probably just says "he was still in GNR" because he was doing "work at the time". ?However, recently nothing has been going on for the guys. ?Just like Tommy has mentioned, they are done with all there parts. And weather you like it or not, they are hired guns. ?Atleast it sure as hell seems like that. ?Everyone who has worked with Axl, comes in, puts down there stuff, gets paid and leaves. ?

Although, I see this article as a good thing. ?He says that the album is really great, could be Zeppelin II. ?Are you kidding me? ?This just gets me more excited to here the album. ?Although the only thing that does worry me is that he says that he "hopes the cd comes out". ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2004, 11:41:55 AM »

Ta!Scabbie

He sounds like waiting for the fresh start of GNR.
I think he's saying not only him but the whole band is out now. GNR is stopping at the moment.
And He wants to get rid of "hired" from guns when GNR starts up again with the new album.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2004, 11:48:15 AM »

This isn`t exactly what we wanted to hear, but anything positive is good. At least we know Brain is still in when Guns starts up again and he feels like more than a hired gun.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: