Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  A taste of what's to come...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A taste of what's to come...  (Read 41282 times)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2005, 06:07:35 PM »

keep in mind that people with a brain would understand WHY i posted it in this thread, just to add some humor to it.
and "increase my post count?" i did it because i didn't feel quite done with him yet. i don't know what consumes your life but in my life, post count is the last thing i worry about.

this isnt a houmorus thread, in case you didnt read through the whole thing, first of all. Secondly, if you wernt quite done than you go back and you hit the edit button to fix your post. And why you would want to boost your post count? Because people with more posts tend to have more prestige. But you've been comming here since 1999 so that means you knew this already. Please. Give me a break  Roll Eyes

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2005, 06:15:51 PM »

Why is this 'party' thread allowed? Are we now allowed to post anything we observe in our daily lives?

Can i start a thread about the cloud i saw this morning?

You could try.

I don't give a damn about Bon Jovi, so should we ban all topics about that band?

The Jungle is meant for off topic discussions, it's also a bit more relaxed than the rest of the board. In case you wonder, topics other than Iraq, politics and religion are allowed.

That doesn't mean everything is allowed. You won't see anything like "The alphabet game" posted there, where one poster posts A and the next posts B etc...

We're not machines, I don't know if you've noticed that. Sometimes we let things go on and other times we just get rid of them before you can say "Why isn't this locked?".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2005, 06:20:38 PM »

Why is this 'party' thread allowed? Are we now allowed to post anything we observe in our daily lives?

Can i start a thread about the cloud i saw this morning?

You could try.

I don't give a damn about Bon Jovi, so should we ban all topics about that band?

The Jungle is meant for off topic discussions, it's also a bit more relaxed than the rest of the board. In case you wonder, topics other than Iraq, politics and religion are allowed.

That doesn't mean everything is allowed. You won't see anything like "The alphabet game" posted there, where one poster posts A and the next posts B etc...

We're not machines, I don't know if you've noticed that. Sometimes we let things go on and other times we just get rid of them before you can say "Why isn't this locked?".

/jarmo

I have to apolagise - my posts in this section were born of a believe that this board prided itself on being great and had unwittingly strayed, but its apparent average is good enough - in which case, i made a mistake in seeing more to this place than there was

edit: had to chance the wording cos people thought i was referring to mygnr.com or another web site - i'm referring to standards

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:27:38 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2005, 06:30:45 PM »

Your idea of great might differ from everybody else's idea.

It's kinda hard for us to just go by what you think is great and then moderate after that.

I don't see the big difference. I still remove stupid useless posts (for example: "I agree"), lock threads, merge them and so on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2005, 06:38:11 PM »

why u gotta use bon jovi for your example? hihi hihi

The way Ive always looked at it is this is a huge message board.

If someone posts an ignorant thread, to me it will fade away very quickly or if people act crazy in it, it will wear off in a week or so and the thread will vanish.

Its kind of the same argument back when we had that big deal over "The either or game" and all that.

Silly,stupid threads dont stop people from posting in the serious good threads nor does it stop people from creating good threads.

Really the only thing that aggravates me on message boards is when mods allow several of the same threads.

Im on a message board and I can start a New York Yankees thread and people won't post in my thread they will start brand new threads to talk about the yankees.

I hate that and I have never in my whole time coming here saw a mod allow that, everything has always been combined etc. so thats why I dont have any problems with this board.

If the board got where we couldnt joke around or have any humor, this board definitely wouldnt be as great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2005, 06:40:17 PM »

everything has always been combined
Then why do we have like 30 different Metallica threads floating about?

Edit: As mentioned before we have the 'search' function which is pretty damn good...seems people need alerting to it because hardly any fuckers use it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:42:22 PM by Stoned » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2005, 06:43:04 PM »

I did a search, there were 13 threads with Metallica in the subject.

/jarmo

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2005, 06:43:52 PM »

Your idea of great might differ from everybody else's idea.

A board where there aren't scores of the same thread, where those that post utter nonsense are encouraged to do otherwise, where the one word post doesn't exist

My ideas of 'great' are inspired by the standards YOU claim to have, and now seem reluctant to meet

Strange that all ur attention is on me - and yet our friend 'August' who is a perfect example of the idiot posters this whole thread is about - has got away scot free!

But if your happy with things the way they are - if u value these nonsense posters so much - then why didn't u just say earlier?

The whole thread seems an utter waste of time if there is no room for suggestion

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »

I did a search, there were 13 threads with Metallica in the subject.

/jarmo
Ok maybe i was slightly wrong but 13 is still too many considering that was merely one band the problem exists for many many others.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2005, 07:07:13 PM »

A board where there aren't scores of the same thread, where those that post utter nonsense are encouraged to do otherwise, where the one word post doesn't exist

Ok maybe i was slightly wrong but 13 is still too many considering that was merely one band the problem exists for many many others.

Are you two working together in pointing out that occasionally we don't see the threads that are about the same subject?

My ideas of 'great' are inspired by the standards YOU claim to have, and now seem reluctant to meet

Strange that all ur attention is on me - and yet our friend 'August' who is a perfect example of the idiot posters this whole thread is about - has got away scot free!

But if your happy with things the way they are - if u value these nonsense posters so much - then why didn't u just say earlier?

The whole thread seems an utter waste of time if there is no room for suggestion

August isn't a friend. Just because I don't announce it everytime I see somebody who I'm keeping my eyes on, doesn't mean I ignore them.

You keep ignoring what I said, I told you I still do whatever I've been doing for years. Now it just seems you're whining for the sake of whining.

We still get shit for locking threads, I still get called powerhungry. And still you have the nerve to say we don't do anything?

There's been days when I've spent most of the day on trying to have this place up and running because the server has been acting "difficult", but you're  upset that there's more than one Metallica thread?

/jarmo

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2005, 07:14:24 PM »

Are you two working together in pointing out that occasionally we don't see the threads that are about the same subject?

August isn't a friend. Just because I don't announce it everytime I see somebody who I'm keeping my eyes on, doesn't mean I ignore them.

You keep ignoring what I said, I told you I still do whatever I've been doing for years. Now it just seems you're whining for the sake of whining.

We still get shit for locking threads, I still get called powerhungry. And still you have the nerve to say we don't do anything?

There's been days when I've spent most of the day on trying to have this place up and running because the server has been acting "difficult", but you're? upset that there's more than one Metallica thread?

/jarmo
Working together?  Merely coincidence i'd say, or that we happen to share the same view.  All credit to you for sorting the server out and i am greatful it was just the claim to merge threads you made, i know you do it but i just thought there were many that you'd failed to merge.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2005, 07:18:44 PM »

Yeah, I'm not a machine. I don't catch everything.

I don't read the Metallica threads myself so it's not that easy to realize there's 20 of them around if somebody doesn't point it out to me....

/jarmo

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2005, 07:27:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm not a machine. I don't catch everything.

I don't read the Metallica threads myself so it's not that easy to realize there's 20 of them around if somebody doesn't point it out to me....

/jarmo

The why is there a problem?

U admit u need help catching everything - and this thread has been about avenues u could consider exploring

Surely we have only done what you have just asked us to do? - point out problems, because your not a machine

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2005, 08:07:53 PM »

But some of the problems occur in cycles. That seems to be something you don't agree on.

When a bunch of newbies register at once, the chances are they'll start the same threads that have been posted before.

We merge/lock/delete/move as much as we can, but we don't catch everything.

What other avenues are there? We're not adding new moderators at the moment if that's what you're hinting at. Simply because it's summer, many of the moderators here are away during the summer etc. We'll see what happens once the summer is over.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2005, 08:50:45 PM »

Every topic has been done probably 5 times over but I just dont take it so personally.

I mean who cares if there are 13 metallica threads?

What I was saying is there isnt more than 1 thread at a time.

On a lot of message boards, u will take time and do a lot of research and post a thread and then instead of people using your thread, 2 or 3 copy cat threads pop up that are exactly like yours and the mods on other boards do nothing.

I have never seen more than one thread a time be active on this board.

granted If i start a superstition thread like I want to, I could probably find something like it on page 37 that was discussed 2 years ago but instead of rehasing that, I figure its easier to start another and start from scratch.

U will never see a thread like "missing girl in aruba"  and then 3 more like it on the same page.

so for the most part I think this site is definitely still the most well kept site that ive ever visited.

Now I agree with Izzy about certain posters.

use to if people posted this or that u would see them get warned immediately about not doing certain things.

that one chick has done it several times already in this thread and I havent saw a warning but one word post dont bother me, i just skip over em but I can understand where he is coming from.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2005, 08:59:06 PM »

ok so this is what we came up with so far:

no new mods
mods and jarmo try to merge/block/delete as best as they can, but cant catch everything
people who are posting pointless topics should be warned

any other ideas?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2005, 09:05:35 PM »

ok so this is what we came up with so far:

any other ideas?

Lock this thread, it's as useless as the ones we are talking about.

confused
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2005, 09:20:35 PM »

this is how it is:
"Izzy" here waited around and carefully monitored this thread, waiting for jarmo to come in and give me grief about my posts, and when that didn't happen, he paniced and cried out "why?!" like a little kid, so disappointed that his protector didn't come in to save him so that he himself could jump in in triumph afterwards like a little child being given the toy that his older brother took from him. that's what's up. and if you checked my posts, about 2 out of 62 were freeposts and about 60 was non-criticizing. so go figure. who's the one not contributing here? jarmo, ban him. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 09:22:10 PM by August 15th » Logged

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2005, 09:29:52 PM »

this is how it is:
"Izzy" here waited around and carefully monitored this thread, waiting for jarmo to come in and give me grief about my posts, and when that didn't happen, he paniced and cried out "why?!" like a little kid, so disappointed that his protector didn't come in to save him so that he himself could jump in in triumph afterwards like a little child being given the toy that his older brother took from him. that's what's up. and if you checked my posts, about 2 out of 62 were freeposts and about 60 was non-criticizing. so go figure. who's the one not contributing here? jarmo, ban him. Roll Eyes

ban him for what?

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2005, 09:56:42 PM »

this is how it is:

ban him for what?
read, damn it. he's the one calling for me to be banned, why that is i have no idea. ask him. all i did was flip this shit on him.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: