Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  two faced axl bashers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: two faced axl bashers  (Read 16191 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »

DTJ, please dont apologize to these people. You have no reason to apologize. The majority of insults in this thread were directed at the two of us. They might try to back off on those statements, but their attempt at labeling us was their sole intention, which I still dont understand. I have never bashed Axl, and neither have you. Constructive, intellectual statements about the situation is not bashing. I will not apologize, and neither should you. I'm gonna paraphrase Ronald Reagan," Stand strong in the face of opposition".

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2005, 05:48:55 PM »

DTJ, please dont apologize to these people. You have no reason to apologize. The majority of insults in this thread were directed at the two of us. They might try to back off on those statements, but their attempt at labeling us was their sole intention, which I still dont understand. I have never bashed Axl, and neither have you. Constructive, intellectual statements about the situation is not bashing. I will not apologize, and neither should you. I'm gonna paraphrase Ronald Reagan," Stand strong in the face of opposition".

I wasn't apologizing for the way I feel, I was apologizing if I read the post wrong and if it wasn't directed at me, which I agree most of the insults were meant for you and me. Wink 

But I hear you none the less and I firmly stand on how I feel  beer

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2005, 06:15:09 PM »

james, really, you need to go through my posts if you are including me in this. never, not once, have i referred to you or DTJ as "axl bashers", others have but i haven't. i have merely pointed out the recent tendency of negativity at the board, and questioned what people who have such negative thoughts about the band are even doing posting at a fan forum, they are better off returning when something happens. do you understand? james, all i have done is agree with someone who pointed out your negativity. next i reacted to a couple of posts of yours, trying to weigh up by being positive about the situation. i have never accused you of being an axl basher, nor have i accused you of not being a fan of his. so i'd appreciate it if you kept me out of this. i don't want you to think i have something against you, when after all i find myself agreeing with alot of what you say and appreciate your knowledge on all things guns n' roses.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2005, 06:46:16 PM »

I still dont see why you and others like to pidgeonhole me and DTJ as being negative. We discuss facts, and what has led up to those facts, and what could happen based on those facts. If you consider that as being negative, dont blame me and DTJ, blame Axl.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2005, 06:49:16 PM »

get over youself, all i did was try to keep things positive. the time will come when all of this negativity will be forgotten, and we will all be proud longtime fans.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2005, 07:02:51 PM »

August, besides your 'get over yourself' line, I agree with what you just said. When this album comes out, we're all gonna be like kids in a candy store. Every post will be positive, except for maybe some negative reviews of certain songs. When CD hits, there will be a huge surge of fan activity here, mostly positive, and after the CD hoopla dies down, alot of people will move on.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2005, 08:05:54 PM »

i'm not so sure it will die down. imagine how big this is, not only for us hardcore fans but for the musical world in general. guns n' roses, and especially axl, were so huge they have yet to be followed by another band. most people don't think about axl often anymore as he's isolated himself for a long time, but once he goes public again and releases another guns n' roses album there will be an explosion of people remembering him and the talent and entertainment he brought to the world. old fans will buy it, new kids will buy it, axl will get huge attention with this, because no one is doubting his ability to make brilliant music. imagine if the internet existed 14 years ago, when the illusion albums dropped. do you think the interest and the fan activity would just die down? actually, i think as the albums sells, more and more people, both old and new fans, will make the internet fan communities' activity explode.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 08:12:19 PM by August 18th » Logged

RustyCage
Headliner

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2005, 08:56:59 PM »

i'm not so sure it will die down. imagine how big this is, not only for us hardcore fans but for the musical world in general. guns n' roses, and especially axl, were so huge they have yet to be followed by another band. most people don't think about axl often anymore as he's isolated himself for a long time, but once he goes public again and releases another guns n' roses album there will be an explosion of people remembering him and the talent and entertainment he brought to the world. old fans will buy it, new kids will buy it, axl will get huge attention with this, because no one is doubting his ability to make brilliant music. imagine if the internet existed 14 years ago, when the illusion albums dropped. do you think the interest and the fan activity would just die down? actually, i think as the albums sells, more and more people, both old and new fans, will make the internet fan communities' activity explode.

You are blinded by your own excessive optimism.

When your life has no meaning....you can always rely on ban power.
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2005, 10:41:24 PM »

You are blinded by your own excessive optimism.

no actually i think i agree with him.. well at least with 90% wit wat he is sayin

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2005, 11:17:14 PM »

I tend to agree with you August in this post.  I think that when the album drops, there will be a huge explosion, I also believe that it will sell like crazy in the beginning...but will the buzz die down quick or not and will the sales drop off quick or will he sell 1 million copies or more the first year?  The internet is a coo for Axl cause it's what keeps him alive but the real test is out there in the world because only his hardcore fans are on the internet.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2005, 11:50:52 PM »

Did I mention I'm a two faced axl basher?  Huh

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2005, 01:43:45 AM »

Any inflammatory post I've written here has mainly been in regards to the people around Axl, or at least the people who claim to be around him who make false predictions and state their stupid opinions when they haven't a clue about what's going on with Axl any more than we do.

I just read in another thread that "Chinese Democracy" once again has a 'slated' targeted release - this time the 4th quarter of 2005.? So I asked the question - slated by whom?? As far as I know Axl hasn't spoken a word of it.? As usual I've yet to receive a response.

People tend to get a little confused as to who is misleading them.? Axl hasn't promised anything.? It's the so-called 'know-it-alls' (a.k.a.? know-nothings) that deserve most of the blame for fan-frustration.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2005, 02:10:02 AM »

Kayoss, you make a decent point, but Axl is partially to blame for this mess. He brought up CD in 1999, hinted it was coming soon, and later on used the term "Big Guns", which he probably regrets, because the term created very high expectations. But you're right, Axl has never given any specific dates, and never will. His bandmembers ramblings have reached the point of absurdity. Mindblowing, earth shattering, a hair's breadth, 95% done, etc. It was pathetic, and got old real quick. I've noticed that they dont say those types of things anymore. Axl must have put them in their place, and rightfully so. We dont need anymore hype. Hype is the only thing that has occured in this long process. I think the album should be allowed to just speak for itself.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2005, 09:46:34 AM »

He brought up CD in 1999, hinted it was coming soon, and later on used the term "Big Guns", which he probably regrets, because the term created very high expectations.

No doubt about that, I've always thought that was one of the more boneheaded statements to come out of this entire process.  It's one thing to have confidence in your material, but to go out on that kind of limb was less than smart.  It left me with perception the new tunes he's rolled out were in his mind substandard, giving his audience less than the best. 

The stock some fans throw into the "big guns" theory is borderline idiocy anyway.
Quality is in the ears of the listener, one mans masterpiece is in all liklihood anothers
crap.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
madagas
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2005, 10:01:43 AM »

Well, AXL lives in his own little Universe anyway. So, he really only cares about what HE considers "big guns". I don't think he was commenting on what Merck thinks are good songs, or Tommy or the record company or whoever.  hihi That being said, I do trust Tommy's opinion on the material. Sorry, I do. I know his pedigree and the style of music he likes. Thus, I will remain optimistic about the big gun theory. It doesn't mean the record will be released soon or even ever, but I do hold hope that if Axl is excited about it and Tommy is excited about it and Brain for that matter, that I WILL LIKE IT! Really, that is all that is important to me. Not sales or world tours or magazine interviews or airplay on Modern Rock radio-just the songs and the cd in my hands. peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2005, 10:23:25 PM »

Axl regret?
Well I doubt it because I hear that as late as this spring GN'R camp informed some fanboard that IRS was not even in their best 10 through a reliable source.

The materials are 8 guys collaboration. It's not like being overconfident about one's work.

I agree that it's not smart to show their ranking business to the fans.
 I'd rather they would put it as their personal fav ranking.
To put Asian and European legs as warm-ups is quite a bad manner, likewise.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2005, 09:12:18 PM »

I think that true GN'R fans should critizie Axl. It gives us something to pass the time while we wait.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
MikeB
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »

I think that true GN'R fans should critizie Axl. It gives us something to pass the time while we wait.
Yeah really.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2005, 12:41:31 AM »

Don't we all criticize our favorite sports teams?  It's the same difference.  If the Yankees are playing bad I get pissed and get critical of their performance.  It's not "well I hope they play better next time, it wasn't their fault, blah blah blah".  I have probably bought baout 15 copies of AFD and I have earned the right to bitch.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2005, 05:13:42 AM »

Don't we all criticize our favorite sports teams?? It's the same difference.? If the Yankees are playing bad I get pissed and get critical of their performance.? It's not "well I hope they play better next time, it wasn't their fault, blah blah blah".? I have probably bought baout 15 copies of AFD and I have earned the right to bitch.

You are totally right. Criticizing is not bashing. Those who criticize Axl for his last 10-12-(14?) years only think that he can do better. I think that he has lot more talent than releasing one song in 12 years and he's more talented than his new live songs show it. Does it make me an Axl basher? Did I lose my 'GN'R fan' status? And if I dare to say that he could communicate with his fans and act like a grown man and not to use his damned wishful thinking... Does it make me an Axl basher? If I think that music is about music and not something that will happen in the future...? And if... if I say that Guns N' Roses wasn't only Axl? Oh yeah, I know the ones who will post that I am not a true fan, just because I'll never wear a Nu-GN'R shirt. Let me tell you somthing: I do not wear the old shirts anymore, I'll never wear a VR shirt. But I'll buy their fuckin' albums if the give me a chance to do that. And I hope I'll like it but it's insane to think that CD will be the best record ever. It can be, but I'd surprised.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: