Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Da'Beatles will Humiliate GNR forever? it's up to us!  (Read 32046 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2005, 03:01:26 PM »

Honestly this board proves js how ignorant fanatical fans can be. GnR fans and Beatles fans. Proclaiming someone who came to the table first as "The Greatest" is foolish, The Beatles are amazing, and easily in the top ten. But we give them too much credit, they were probably the most influential band ever, But thats because they got the first crack at it. Honestly with the massive influence given off by Elvis someone was going to eventually. Its all a matter of taste, some ppl like them and some despise them,for anyone to say if u dont like this then u dont like music is absurd. Noone should be forced into liking anything because everyone else likes it. Britney Spears sold over 40 million albums, but I personally think her "music" is absolute shit. And some people feel that way about the Beatles.

Im not quite sure what the point of this thread was, but I felt I should comment on the absurdity of peoples arguments, cause I always thought GnR fans were the most ignorant. But I was wrong.

By the way, Im a huge GnR fan, and I love and respect much of the work that the Beatles have done as well, and I also have massive respect for what they've given to music.  peace

This is the only post I find very interesting in this thread, the rest is just arguing who's better who's worst, who was first, that's not clever statements for people that really enjoy music, if you enjoy music you like both bands that's it, end of discussion!

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2005, 04:55:46 PM »

I understand you man, but I could never compare, the beatles with GUns n Roses, they are reallyt different to me, anyway the beatles did a great job too, even when I like more the Gnr Songs, Nevertheless, its just a matter of opinion.

@;----,----.------,-------------
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2005, 06:29:57 PM »

smoking? Well well well, now it's time to face this shocking TRUTH
... i know every artist has a price to be valued but why gnr has not been considered the way it meant to be?Huh? rant? , ...axl, duff, slash n' adler did their best from the start, they kicked the world in the mind WHEN other rock stars didn?t before!? no ,?

Axl is the greatest singer EVER but some stupid persons still say that Paul sings better than Axl!? hihi , i also must tell other musicians like Matt n' Clark came to the band doin' all they could and they were goin' around the planet with gnr in 1991-1993 ...so if you?re a true gnr fan you gotta recognize that a deaf person can hear gnr has the best musicians the world has never had BEFORE! and that's the reason why it's gonna be me who'll put the Beatles over the place they had to be a LONG LONG TIME AGO, i mean into the trash-can!? Roll Eyes? !

... it?s time for us to bash?em cuz their fans say :? ?GNR was a real stupid band, their fans are real stoners who smoke their crack while they hear gnr?s stuff?? ?Angry? ?
...i know that true gnr fans will see that i'm fucking right to say this!? Grin

....so here y'all can read n' give ur own ideas about this scary situation that's been humiliating GNR after all this fucking time!

...n' please remember you're free to say all what you want cuz we shall accept that the Beatles made good songs but they didn't make real masterpieces like GNR did? Grin !,...we all must help gnr to make?em stay where they should be a long time ago I mean they should be recognized like the best Rock Band EVER!

...i don't wanna insult no one but it's up to us to Protect GNR forever n' ever!!!!!!!

-Peace !!!!!!!!!!!!? peace

I hope you don't aspire to be a writer...
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2005, 06:40:24 PM »

maybe i really just don't like the beatles because of Paul McCartney.? He is just such a puh c.? Unlike Mick or Keith.? Plus he was the ultimate ego maniac.? Satisfaction is not pop, that is rock.? Its talking about focking.? Mick is not saying, "I wanna hold your hand," he is saying I want to fock you.? Stones had some "pop" sounding songs, but the lyrics were always more sexual and dirty.? To me, the Stones are the greatest rock and roll band ever.? Look at Aerosmith, they wanted to be the Stones.? So did Izzy, Slash loves them.? Dizzy said the greatest album ever is Exile on Main St.? Axl sang their songs a lot.? Overall, rock bands dig the Stones much more then the Beatles.? AC/DC would have never exhisted either with out the Stones.? Garth Brooks has sold more albums then the Beatles, does that mean Garth Brooks is better then the beatles?? I didn't think so.? I like the Beatles, but they are not the greatest band ever for me.? I don't EVER put in their music to listen to.

Did I just read this right? Paul is a pussy but Mick isn't? Mick the lips who prances around the stage in the most flamboyant costumes and tank top mid shirts to show off is belly...and dances around like he as a cock up his ass, and flipping his wrists gayer then gayest gay person. Richard Simons I think was quoated as calling Mick a faggot. And about Keith. You know Johnny Depp did a pretty fucking great impression of Keith In Pirates. I think Keith and Mick also know a lot about being Pirates. Mick certaintly. I think Mick was the original Captain Feathersword. But Paul is a pussy. The man who wrote Helter Skeltor, is a pussy. Paul never pranced around like he was some kind of Butterfly like Jagger. I can't even believe you just said that. Paul at least comes off as a regular guy that could kick back and be cool. If you have seen his interview with Stern, you would see that he is a cool dude without ego. Calling him an ego maniac is ignorant. All the selfless things he has done, damn get educated before saying stupid shit about someone you obviously know little about.

Good for you don't listen to them. It must suck to be you.

Did you mention that Jerry Hall found mick in bed with David Bowie one morning? They never denied it either.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2005, 06:45:10 PM »

smoking? Well well well, now it's time to face this shocking TRUTH
... i know every artist has a price to be valued but why gnr has not been considered the way it meant to be?Huh? rant? , ...axl, duff, slash n' adler did their best from the start, they kicked the world in the mind WHEN other rock stars didn?t before!? no ,?

Axl is the greatest singer EVER but some stupid persons still say that Paul sings better than Axl!? hihi , i also must tell other musicians like Matt n' Clark came to the band doin' all they could and they were goin' around the planet with gnr in 1991-1993 ...so if you?re a true gnr fan you gotta recognize that a deaf person can hear gnr has the best musicians the world has never had BEFORE! and that's the reason why it's gonna be me who'll put the Beatles over the place they had to be a LONG LONG TIME AGO, i mean into the trash-can!? Roll Eyes? !

... it?s time for us to bash?em cuz their fans say :? ?GNR was a real stupid band, their fans are real stoners who smoke their crack while they hear gnr?s stuff?? ?Angry? ?
...i know that true gnr fans will see that i'm fucking right to say this!? Grin

....so here y'all can read n' give ur own ideas about this scary situation that's been humiliating GNR after all this fucking time!

...n' please remember you're free to say all what you want cuz we shall accept that the Beatles made good songs but they didn't make real masterpieces like GNR did? Grin !,...we all must help gnr to make?em stay where they should be a long time ago I mean they should be recognized like the best Rock Band EVER!

...i don't wanna insult no one but it's up to us to Protect GNR forever n' ever!!!!!!!

-Peace !!!!!!!!!!!!? peace

I am so fucking tired of you AxlRoseVen, you make me sick...

You started the same fucking thread on the chinese democracy board and you got your animal-raping ass banned because your a fucking dumbass

I have never laughed at a post like this before... along with the next one....
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2005, 06:47:13 PM »

Just cause I think Smoking gun is funny. Here's to you dude:

(And it is too hard to just pick one)

And then along with this. You guys are cracking me up. I was gasping for breath reading these.

You guys hit the nail on the fucking head. To deny the Beatles as the greatest band ever, is to deny the fact they were so successful WITHOUT TOURING AFTER 1965.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:21:46 PM by electricmage » Logged
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2005, 06:55:41 PM »

I will say that Slash in his prime vs. Page in his prime would be great.? Slash is a much more technical player then Page.? Page is very sloppy, even on his albums.? But, Page had great vision and production abilities.? He is a great riff writer.? But so is Slash.? They are two of my favorites, along with Angus, Jimmi, and Zakk.

You are a clinical idiot. Page wiped the floor with Slash. And Slash is another of my fav guitarists next to Jimmy. Page was sloppy on Zeppelin's albums. You don't compose music or play do you. Page was a sessionist before the Yardbirds. Wonder why you dipshit?
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2005, 07:07:46 PM »

Slash was simply stating that the Illusions albums were very diverse and came from all over the place, like the white album.? Also, during the interview, didn't their old manager talk about how the realease of UY1 and II was the biggest thing to hit music since the beatles?? Slash thinks the Stones and Aerosmith are the greatest.

He said "Not as good as the white album".

1) Take that literally

and

2) Read between the lines to see that he made sure to give the Beatles their due respect.

Personally I feel (This whole thread is stupid anyway really, since taste is all relative[) the Beatles created much more than GnR did. Just on quantity alone, they were eclectic and all over the place. Compare My Life to The Walrus..I mean, c'mon man.

stop trying to use quotes for your own benefit, you forget people on this board know gnr stuff as good as you or even better.

he said "MAYBE not as good as the white album." which means its open to interpretation to say whether UYI's are better, equal or worst than the white album.
Look at Slash's hand gentures when he says that. You don't need a degree in psychology to read his hands movements as he pushed aside the "white album" into its own "area".

Physical Graffiti is the only double album to come close to the White Album, in greatness.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2005, 08:46:37 PM »

the beatles were the first boyband ever , then they changed their sound because rock n roll was 'the thing' to do, they had good melodies but no sense of originality, and they sure as hell don't know how to kick ass ! Black Sabbath and Led Zep are the best bands in the world, sharing top honors. Face it, why do you think the Beatles were so jealous of the rolling stones ? because the RS knew how to kick ass and didn't sound fake like them, 'oh I introduced marijuana to mick jagger' said one beatle at one time.... so fuckin what? do you want an award? you still sound like a sissy singing for 14 year old girls.

GNR is in the same vein as the stones, led zep and sabbath, the beatles come closer to the backstreet boys. hihi

Grin? yeah i can honestly say that The Beatles got fame when this stupid world had nothing to see on TV in 1962!? Roll Eyes , that's it!...but you gotta recognize something :? led zep and sabbath didn't have a singer like Axl, they didn't have a guitar player like Slash so that point makes a great difference between them!!!! as well GNR wrote songs about street violence, they wrote songs about sexual traumas, wrote songs about addictions n' they did speak shit about governors incluiding American governors too

they all played like LORDS when they were in the studio even when they got on stage too so i don't find another rock band that speciall like'em to date!...if you think up no one will sing like Axl cuz the guy is one in a million really!!!! he was born blessed by GOD so this world won't have another singer like him ONCE AGAIN!!!? smoking,? can y'all figure out Paul singin'? "Locomotive"?? rofl

The Beatles got famous cos there was nothin to watch in '62? Well, how come Beatles albums still sell in droves today? How come there are people, including myself, who weren't even born in '62 (not even close) still love and admire the Beatles now? How come even a Beatle's name can sell something, hell last time Paul McCartney played near me tickets were 100 euro, and it sold out in a day? You are talking complete bullshit.

who do ya think u're?...GOD? if you waste your fucking money buyin' ?Beatles album so that's ur own problem n' not mine! ?Roll Eyes ?i don't believe you when you said "to see Paul close to you tickets were 100 euro" cuz no one will be so fucking stupid to waste money this way! so please try to say another kind of lie the next time!!!! ?hihi

n' please answer this if you think the Beatles were so fucking amazing like you said! : if they'll be LORDS forever so why they couldn't sell out shows around the world like GNR? why didn't they make a tour like GNR if they could sell out all their tickets in a day simply? where were all their fans those times then? ?Roll Eyes did they just have fans in England n' New York city?? rofl

...GNR played in Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, around Europe while the Beatles just used to play in England, New York City, Washington, L.A, Toronto,...well i guess you hit the floor right now dude, how does it feel to open up ur eyes after all this time then? ?Grin

Thank you for displaying an appaling lack of knowledge of the Beatles, history (not just music, but all history), and of Paul's recent concerts.

1)? He's not lying.? 100euros for decent seats would be spot on accurate, since that equates to about 130 to 140 US dollars.? And that was at the Box office.? Scalpers wanted, last time Paul was here (my Mother went),? between 2 and 5 times that.

2) The Beatles played England, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, USA, Canada,? Denmark, Holland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain,? Germany, Japan, The Phillipines.? Mostly they played the UK and the USA....look at gnrontour.com.? GnR mostly played the US and Canada.

3) Once the Beatles had "made it", every show was a sellout.? Most sold out within the first couple of days, if not the first day.? Remember, no ticketmaster back then...

I think that'll do for starters.

"England, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, USA, Canada,? Denmark, Holland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain,? Germany, Japan, The Phillipines" : buddy that's what you call a world-wide tour made by the stupid Beatles then?? ?rofl
... for you information GNR did play around the fucking globe n' they did sell out all their shows completely so USA , Canada n' UK just were countries where GNR started to be famous in the begining in 1987 but? ?hihi later they kicked the beatles in their fucking ass when they sold out 3 shows in :
-Mexico City, Guadalajara City n' Monterrey City in 1992
-They've played many times in Brazil even in 2001
- They sold out all their tickets in Caracas City-Venezuela on November 25-1992
-They played 2 times in Argentina 1992-1993
-They made a' amazing show in Santiago de Chile City-Chile in 1992
-Although they sold out many shows in Australia, Europe n' Japan around 1991-1993 so tell me did the Beatle make the same? n' this is for you Jarmo you're right somehow! but you also know that the Beatles never played in South America even they couldn't sell out stadiums where GNR did,...anyway Paul just played in Brazil for the first time in 1991 n' he's not over there since then? Roll Eyes ... so it's time to admit that the Beatles was a stupid band that the show businesses MADE UP in 1961 when most people had nothing to see n' hear on tv, even Elvis Presley is better than them cuz the guy did have something to say n' show in USA when most people were so fucking sick of this life!!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:01:00 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2005, 09:15:04 PM »

2) The Beatles played England, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, USA, Canada,? Denmark, Holland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain,? Germany, Japan, The Phillipines.? Mostly they played the UK and the USA....look at gnrontour.com.? GnR mostly played the US and Canada.

the countries you just named are just? the wealthy part of the world, which makes the beatles look like a bunch of panzies going for the safe cash.
GNR toured most of the third world, eastern europe, etc.

It was a different world back when The Beatles were around, in many ways.

/jarmo

oh really?? Roll Eyes why Paul hasn't played in South America to date then? he played in Brazil in 1992 n' the guy's been so far away from there since then! but when GNR said they were able to play at rock in rio in 2001 so everyone couldn't wait to buy the tickets, we all couldn't wait to see GNR there again! so i guess this world's not so fucking different these times Jarmo!
-Peace? peace
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »

the countries you just named are just? the wealthy part of the world, which makes the beatles look like a bunch of panzies going for the safe cash.

It was a different world back when The Beatles were around, in many ways.

/jarmo

oh really?? Roll Eyes why Paul hasn't played in South America to date then? he played in Brazil in 1992 n' the guy's been so far away from there since then! but when GNR said they were able to play at rock in rio in 2001 so everyone couldn't wait to buy the tickets, we all couldn't wait to see GNR there again! so i guess this world's not so fucking different these times Jarmo!
-Peace? peace
AxlRoseven:
Paul won't play in south america because idiots like you make Paris Hilton look like Stephen Hawking. And he'd rather play to people who know what planet we live on.

You obviously don't know a thing about the Beatles. They are the top selling act of all time. Surpassing Zeppelin (2) and the Stones (3).

What you don't get is that, these statistics factored in tour intake also. Zeppelin was the biggest touring band ever so far. Beating the stones still. 
The Beatles stopped touring after 1 1/2-2 years into thier career. They went for five years until they broke up, on Album and merchendise (other) sales alone to accomplish this.

You are a fucking moron. Stop posting. You make us real Gn'R fans seem like a bunch of dipshits when you say you love Gn'R so much.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:40:11 PM by electricmage » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2005, 09:33:11 PM »

Wow... I've seen a lot of stupidity here before but to compare touring the world in the 90's and in the 60's brings it to a whole new level.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2005, 01:04:54 AM »

In a hundred years, the Beatles will be loved and appreciate beyond measure along with Hendrix and Zepplin. Their music is timeless. I obviously have a deep love for GN'R but, the fact remains that even Appetite, sounds dated by todays standards. Maybe a lot of it is the work from Martin. Their music that they created from Rubber Soul on was so layered and intricate that it never sounds dated. You can discover new things musically with these albums for years on end. Its cool if you don't like it for whatever misconceptions of them you have. But for painting them with  any form of negative slant makes you sound like a fucking moron. A douche, a fucking child, a pussy, a dickhead, a tool, a hopeless town retard, rainman, a mommas boy, a 40 year old virgin, Oz Schillinger's loverboy, an Adler, a dumbshit, twat, and a cuntie cock sucker. Really dudes, do not procreate. If you aren't going to recognize and appreciate the Beatles, then you are of a strain that needs to die off as you will only get in the way of human survival. This race doesn't need you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2005, 03:50:47 AM »

You mean countries that, in the 60's, had little to no access to "modern" transportation?? Those countries?? The ones that, in the 60's, didn't really have anything approaching modern facilities to actually STAGE a concert in?? Nor people with enough wealth to actualyl purchase concert tickets?? Those countries?

As jarmo said, you're comparing two completely different eras.? Appleseeds to jet airplanes.

I'm not talking about fuckin somalia, they could've played Argentina, Costa Rica and Mexico without a problem.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2005, 08:19:57 AM »

You mean countries that, in the 60's, had little to no access to "modern" transportation?? Those countries?? The ones that, in the 60's, didn't really have anything approaching modern facilities to actually STAGE a concert in?? Nor people with enough wealth to actualyl purchase concert tickets?? Those countries?

As jarmo said, you're comparing two completely different eras.? Appleseeds to jet airplanes.

I'm not talking about fuckin somalia, they could've played Argentina, Costa Rica and Mexico without a problem.

Do a little historical research.  Just a bit. 

There was little to no way they could play, in any sort of effective way, between '63 and 66, Argentina, Costa Rica, or Mexico.    Argentina was unstable, politically, during that time frame, with the government changing hands between the military and the civillians on a seemingly weekly basis (Peron was exiled in '55 and stability didn't really return until he returned in the early 70's). 

Costa Rica, at that time, was not exactly the safest country to be in.  Panama (it's neighbor) was going through untoward political upheavel (culminating in a military coup in '68).  Nicaragua, it's other neighbor, was also a hotbed of violence

And perhaps you've heard of "The Bay of Pigs" in '61 and "The Cuban Missle Crisis" in '62?   Both contributed to make Mexico (and much of Central America), given world events, less attractive and possibly less safe for any sort of event.  In addition, with the PRI in power, while Mexico had great economic growth, overall, the economy was VERY unstable. 

As I said in my initial post...it's not just BEATLES history people are forgetting, it's HISTORY, in general, and the events of the time that would be limiting factors.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2005, 08:28:21 AM »

the beatles were the first boyband ever , then they changed their sound because rock n roll was 'the thing' to do, they had good melodies but no sense of originality, and they sure as hell don't know how to kick ass ! Black Sabbath and Led Zep are the best bands in the world, sharing top honors. Face it, why do you think the Beatles were so jealous of the rolling stones ? because the RS knew how to kick ass and didn't sound fake like them, 'oh I introduced marijuana to mick jagger' said one beatle at one time.... so fuckin what? do you want an award? you still sound like a sissy singing for 14 year old girls.

GNR is in the same vein as the stones, led zep and sabbath, the beatles come closer to the backstreet boys. hihi

Grin? yeah i can honestly say that The Beatles got fame when this stupid world had nothing to see on TV in 1962!? Roll Eyes , that's it!...but you gotta recognize something :? led zep and sabbath didn't have a singer like Axl, they didn't have a guitar player like Slash so that point makes a great difference between them!!!! as well GNR wrote songs about street violence, they wrote songs about sexual traumas, wrote songs about addictions n' they did speak shit about governors incluiding American governors too

they all played like LORDS when they were in the studio even when they got on stage too so i don't find another rock band that speciall like'em to date!...if you think up no one will sing like Axl cuz the guy is one in a million really!!!! he was born blessed by GOD so this world won't have another singer like him ONCE AGAIN!!!? smoking,? can y'all figure out Paul singin'? "Locomotive"?? rofl

The Beatles got famous cos there was nothin to watch in '62? Well, how come Beatles albums still sell in droves today? How come there are people, including myself, who weren't even born in '62 (not even close) still love and admire the Beatles now? How come even a Beatle's name can sell something, hell last time Paul McCartney played near me tickets were 100 euro, and it sold out in a day? You are talking complete bullshit.

who do ya think u're?...GOD? if you waste your fucking money buyin' ?Beatles album so that's ur own problem n' not mine! ?Roll Eyes ?i don't believe you when you said "to see Paul close to you tickets were 100 euro" cuz no one will be so fucking stupid to waste money this way! so please try to say another kind of lie the next time!!!! ?hihi

n' please answer this if you think the Beatles were so fucking amazing like you said! : if they'll be LORDS forever so why they couldn't sell out shows around the world like GNR? why didn't they make a tour like GNR if they could sell out all their tickets in a day simply? where were all their fans those times then? ?Roll Eyes did they just have fans in England n' New York city?? rofl

...GNR played in Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, around Europe while the Beatles just used to play in England, New York City, Washington, L.A, Toronto,...well i guess you hit the floor right now dude, how does it feel to open up ur eyes after all this time then? ?Grin

Thank you for displaying an appaling lack of knowledge of the Beatles, history (not just music, but all history), and of Paul's recent concerts.

1)? He's not lying.? 100euros for decent seats would be spot on accurate, since that equates to about 130 to 140 US dollars.? And that was at the Box office.? Scalpers wanted, last time Paul was here (my Mother went),? between 2 and 5 times that.

3) Once the Beatles had "made it", every show was a sellout.? Most sold out within the first couple of days, if not the first day.? Remember, no ticketmaster back then...

I think that'll do for starters.

"England, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, USA, Canada,? Denmark, Holland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain,? Germany, Japan, The Phillipines" : buddy that's what you call a world-wide tour made by the stupid Beatles then?? ?rofl
... for you information GNR did play around the fucking globe n' they did sell out all their shows completely so USA , Canada n' UK just were countries where GNR started to be famous in the begining in 1987 but? ?hihi later they kicked the beatles in their fucking ass when they sold out 3 shows in :
-Mexico City, Guadalajara City n' Monterrey City in 1992
-They've played many times in Brazil even in 2001
- They sold out all their tickets in Caracas City-Venezuela on November 25-1992
-They played 2 times in Argentina 1992-1993
-They made a' amazing show in Santiago de Chile City-Chile in 1992
-Although they sold out many shows in Australia, Europe n' Japan around 1991-1993 so tell me did the Beatle make the same? n' this is for you Jarmo you're right somehow! but you also know that the Beatles never played in South America even they couldn't sell out stadiums where GNR did,...anyway Paul just played in Brazil for the first time in 1991 n' he's not over there since then? Roll Eyes ... so it's time to admit that the Beatles was a stupid band that the show businesses MADE UP in 1961 when most people had nothing to see n' hear on tv, even Elvis Presley is better than them cuz the guy did have something to say n' show in USA when most people were so fucking sick of this life!!!!

Ven,
? ?You make absolutely no sense in the above post.? You said the Beatles only played in the US, Canada, and the UK.? I showed that to be incorrect.? They played around the globe, in as many areas of the world as would be prudent or possible given the era they were playing in and world events.? GnR played in a different time, with many more options for venues.

And, if you look at my list, you'll see that, yes, the Beatles did play in Australia, Europe and Japan..and all their shows were sell outs.

Oh, and Paul is not the Beatles.? Paul is Paul.? And today is not the 1960's.?

Roll Eyes

To quote from a favorite movie of mine:

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having heard it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. "

Sorry, couldn't resist.? Grin
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 08:30:07 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2005, 08:39:22 AM »

pilferk, great posts. I have resisted posting in this thread, because it was pretty dumb to start with and some of the things being said were insane. You did a great job pointing out the way things really are, and I couldn't have done it better myself.

madagas
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2005, 09:54:24 AM »

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me a band or artist that matches the Beatles in sales, critical acclaim, musicianship/songwriting skills, and influence.....still waiting....... Wink outside of Gnr of course because we all know the sun and moon and stars all align upon the first note of AFD... Roll Eyes
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2005, 10:17:41 AM »

because we all know the sun and moon and stars all align upon the first note of AFD...

Actually, in 1987, to my 10 year old ears the sun, moon and stars did align upon the first note of AFD. It ignited my love affair with music. But to know a great band is it know and love it's influences. I eventually went back to find out about the Beatles, the Stones, Queen, the Sex Pistols, etc.

The Beatles made it ok in rock music to do something else outside of the blues bases I-IV-V song structure that most rock music had lifted from the blues, R&B and doo-wop music before it. If you can't hear how 'A Day In The Life' influenced songs like 'Estranged' (long, piano-based number with many parts, non-standard song structure) then you have to be deaf. Hell, the big ringing piano chord at the end of 'Estranged' is a total nod to the ending of 'A Day In The Life'.

But you know what? At the end of the day there is only two kinds of music: Good music and bad music. GnR and the Beatles are good music.  peace
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2005, 10:36:30 AM »

Do a little historical research.? Just a bit.?

There was little to no way they could play, in any sort of effective way, between '63 and 66, Argentina, Costa Rica, or Mexico.? ? Argentina was unstable, politically, during that time frame, with the government changing hands between the military and the civillians on a seemingly weekly basis (Peron was exiled in '55 and stability didn't really return until he returned in the early 70's).?

Costa Rica, at that time, was not exactly the safest country to be in.? Panama (it's neighbor) was going through untoward political upheavel (culminating in a military coup in '68).? Nicaragua, it's other neighbor, was also a hotbed of violence

And perhaps you've heard of "The Bay of Pigs" in '61 and "The Cuban Missle Crisis" in '62?? ?Both contributed to make Mexico (and much of Central America), given world events, less attractive and possibly less safe for any sort of event.? In addition, with the PRI in power, while Mexico had great economic growth, overall, the economy was VERY unstable.?

As I said in my initial post...it's not just BEATLES history people are forgetting, it's HISTORY, in general, and the events of the time that would be limiting factors.

Get off your high horse, I know my history.
I was born in Costa RIca, believe me, it's been safe since 1948. AS for Argentina and Mexico, they may have had their shit, but that doesnt mean the beatles couldn't go there. Singers from Silvio Rodriguez and Pablo Milanes to Tania Libertad and Fatty mercedes sosa toured constantly all over latinamerica in the 70's without caring about shit. Scared a bit ? pussies. GNR went to countries that don't even exist anymore, they didn't give a shit.

BEATLES = BUNCH OF PANZIES, oh I'm so scared, there's a civil war there , I won't play, boofuckin hoo. Ill just play to screaming teenies who cry when I sing because they think about their 15 min long relationships with their pimplefaced shithead boyfriends.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: