Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merck says CD is done... (from Ross Halfin's site)  (Read 24191 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2005, 07:03:08 AM »

And you would be right beer

I know! Grin

(for those who didn't know, he took lots of pictures of the band during Rio 2001 and the 2002 US tour, you can see some of them on Robin's site and George put up some a while ago on his site but he had to take them down)

This one is by the great George Chin, for instance:

http://www.gnrfrance.net/GNR/Photos/Concerts/Japon-08-02/axlbigpic.jpg

'Nuff said.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2005, 07:04:32 AM »

However I don't see Ross shooting any new GNR pics as he hates Axl. The same with Metallica.

"August 5

Nice and hot. Studio session today with Kirk Hammett of Metallica - it's been so long since I photographed them, it's actually quite strange.
"

Agree with the rest you said about Halfin, tho.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2005, 08:33:05 AM »

I've actually met Ross a couple of times.? He's a warm, friendly, genuinely nice guy with a WICKED sense of humor.

He's also one of the most talented photogs on the planet, especially in his subject matter.

If Ross says Merck told him CD is done....then Merck told Ross CD is done.? No question.? So, if you question the validity of the "item", you'd need to be questioning Merck's truthfulness, not Ross' (and I don't think Merck would lie, either...he must think it's done if he told Ross so).

First off, Ross wouldn't lie about anything like that.? The guys reputation and integrity is what helps earn his living.? He's not going to risk that by telling a fib on his blog about something he views as so inconsequential.? It just wouldn't be worth it.

Second, he has no earthly idea about our "corner" of the net and the stir his words will cause.? It was a passing comment and I doubt he knows (or much cares) about the shitstorm it will light off.

This is, without a doubt, the single best "source" of info we've had in quite awhile.? It's not Axl.....but it's the closest thing we've gotten to Axl since the cancelled Rio show.

Oh, and Will...I think George Chin being the "official" GnR photog is pretty much a foregone conclusion....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 09:40:11 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2005, 08:47:06 AM »

i think it was cool if mystereon would say something on this topic....

somehow this week has made me positive again....  but i don`t believe it`s coming out 2005

@chinese blues  do you remember that we shoud mark your words that chinese democracy is coming out in 05?
well... i`m not sure if you were even the guy saving that anyone can kick y?u in your balls if it`s not.... hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2005, 08:51:39 AM »

A. If Pilferk says it, its true - just vouching for his validity, if anyone doubts his words.

B. CD, more than likely, is 'done'. From what I understand, the current lawsuits don't apply to it or its material as they are all back catalog oriented.

C. We'll either see a Holiday 2K5 release or we'll be waiting until at least Spring of 2K6.  It would be financial suicide (in my opinion) to release in Jan-Mar. 

D. My 'source' who directly works with guys from Interscope hasn't heard of this little tidbit - well at least he hadn't until I emailed him about an hour ago.  If / when he gets back to me with any feedback from that side of the net, I will let you guys know.  I dont expect much, though.  Last he heard was everyone was basically tight-lipped ever since the legal mumbo jumbo began to go down.

E. Sanctuary could really, really use both the PR and the monetary boost from a CD release right now.  I know its still being released (as of last check, anyway) on the Geffen / Interscope label.. but Sanctuary would definitely benefit financially from the release.  It would also, more than likely, make them much more attractive to a potential buyer..as I think GNR is the biggest 'name' they have under their management umbrella. 

F. If / when we get some sort of official word, all hell is going to break loose - so just prepare for that wondeful eventuality.. personally I'm hoping sometime mid-November, to kind of blend in with all the XBox 360 pandemonium

G. I'm currently in St. Louis and I took some pictures of the venue from where the famous riot went down.  I think when I'm back in this exciting town next week I'll go hang out there with a GNR shirt on, if for no other reason than to irk the locals.  At least it makes the week move along.  If anyone actually wants to see the pictures, just PM me or something, I'll offload them to my main PC when I get back to Fort Lauderdale this evening (well, provided my flight doesnt get cancelled / rescheduled thanks to wonderful Hurricane Katrina)

Peace out,

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
conny
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

"...the rest of the tracks are "challenging and epic", Meaning they're boring or Axl thinks he's joined Rush...

"So much for ever taking any more pictures of Guns N' Roses in the future. Now go stick to your pathetic website diaries before you criticise music you haven't even heard yet."

This and nothing else should be GN'R's manager's response to this. Well, only in a perfect world maybe...

As for that "the album is done I've heard it from Merck" thing - Haflin doesn't know jackshit, because his mouth is as big as the grand canyon. Unfortunately, some people's asses are not, so it's very questionable if they'd share any sensitive information with this average photographer who'd much rather like to be a rockstar himself. Oh I forgot he IS a rockstar because he took a picture of Led Zeppelin - thirty years ago...

So the album is done? Great, we've heard that two years ago.

Conny I'm sorry but you're dead wrong about Ross Halfin. The guy is a legend when it comes to photography.

For me this is the ONLY reliable source.

However I don't see Ross shooting any new GNR pics as he hates Axl. The same with Metallica.

I know who he is, but I can't help it - I just don't like the guy, never did, never will. I don't care about his reputation and all. To me he is just a prick.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2005, 09:03:10 AM »

Okay, are we going to believe heresay from Merck or a direct quote from Richard?  I don't see if it even matters.  The bottom line is there has been to eveidence that CD is going to be released anytime soon, finished or not.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2005, 09:11:18 AM »

doesn't comments like this make RH into a fucking asshole?? i mean, if merck told him such a thing in a private conversation it's not nice to pass it on to the world like a little rat... it's not like gn'r and merck are using RH as a channel for CD info... Huh

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »

doesn't comments like this make RH into a fucking asshole?? i mean, if merck told him such a thing in a private conversation it's not nice to pass it on to the world like a little rat... it's not like gn'r and merck are using RH as a channel for CD info... Huh

It was probably something Merck mentioned in passing, rather than "in confidence". I doubt Ross has any idea (as I said before) that the information is such a "newsworthy" tidbit.  Though I rather suspect his inbox is now getting flooded asking for more info....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2005, 09:20:04 AM »

"...the rest of the tracks are "challenging and epic", Meaning they're boring or Axl thinks he's joined Rush...

"So much for ever taking any more pictures of Guns N' Roses in the future. Now go stick to your pathetic website diaries before you criticise music you haven't even heard yet."

This and nothing else should be GN'R's manager's response to this. Well, only in a perfect world maybe...

As for that "the album is done I've heard it from Merck" thing - Haflin doesn't know jackshit, because his mouth is as big as the grand canyon. Unfortunately, some people's asses are not, so it's very questionable if they'd share any sensitive information with this average photographer who'd much rather like to be a rockstar himself. Oh I forgot he IS a rockstar because he took a picture of Led Zeppelin - thirty years ago...

So the album is done? Great, we've heard that two years ago.

Conny I'm sorry but you're dead wrong about Ross Halfin. The guy is a legend when it comes to photography.

For me this is the ONLY reliable source.

I know who he is, but I can't help it - I just don't like the guy, never did, never will. I don't care about his reputation and all. To me he is just a prick.

Why the bitterness, eh?

Together again,
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2005, 09:22:36 AM »

"August 5

Nice and hot. Studio session today with Kirk Hammett of Metallica - it's been so long since I photographed them, it's actually quite strange.
"

Agree with the rest you said about Halfin, tho.

Well,

until recently he had only shitty comments about Metallica... That's why "it's been so long since he photographed them".

I guess he changed his mind somehow... Maybe the money was too much. Besides he IS one of the best photographers out there today...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2005, 09:24:05 AM »

If Merck says it's done, then I'm sure he has a reason for thinking it's done.

As pilferk mentioned earlier, I'm sure Ross has no idea how big news his little diary entry is for the GN'R fans who read the boards.

Maybe they were just talking abiut stuff and Merck mentioned how the album's been finished. Who knows.

You'd think that they get something finished at some point: Whether they'll release it this year, the next or whenever is a different issue. ?Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2005, 09:25:02 AM »

It was probably something Merck mentioned in passing, rather than "in confidence". I doubt Ross has any idea (as I said before) that the information is such a "newsworthy" tidbit.? Though I rather suspect his inbox is now getting flooded asking for more info....

I don't believe he will answer all those emails. Just a post on his diary...

He will contact (or will be contacted by) Merck...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2005, 09:37:56 AM »

It was probably something Merck mentioned in passing, rather than "in confidence". I doubt Ross has any idea (as I said before) that the information is such a "newsworthy" tidbit.? Though I rather suspect his inbox is now getting flooded asking for more info....

I don't believe he will answer all those emails. Just a post on his diary...

He will contact (or will be contacted by) Merck...

I suspect you're spot on right about that.  But I think he's going to be shocked out of his gourd by the sheer volume of email that little blog blurb is gonna generate.  Smiley

Poor guy...

Together again,
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2005, 09:42:44 AM »

In regards to GNR promotion. ?DOnt you think that management and the company already have all the promo stuff figured out by now? I am very sure they are just waiting on 1 small tiny disc to kick things into gear.

And yes, promotion, good, solid promotion, can be done still this yr if it were to be released. How many months do you think the band needs? The biggets promotion will be a single anyways.

If the release is in DEc. Then they can start doing promo in late October/November. Drop the single either in Oct or November. All the band memebers have to do is some interviews in some magizines and stuff. Its not that hard and its not rocket science.

Theres only 1 thing that needs to be done.....the handing over of Cd from Axl

and then the world gets rocked because a legendary lead singer, a fresh new band, and some lyrics that actually mean somehting are on the way to save rock n roll

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2005, 09:46:38 AM »

In regards to GNR promotion. ?DOnt you think that management and the company already have all the promo stuff figured out by now? I am very sure they are just waiting on 1 small tiny disc to kick things into gear.

And yes, promotion, good, solid promotion, can be done still this yr if it were to be released. How many months do you think the band needs? The biggets promotion will be a single anyways.

If the release is in DEc. Then they can start doing promo in late October/November. Drop the single either in Oct or November. All the band memebers have to do is some interviews in some magizines and stuff. Its not that hard and its not rocket science.

Theres only 1 thing that needs to be done.....the handing over of Cd from Axl

and then the world gets rocked because a legendary lead singer, a fresh new band, and some lyrics that actually mean somehting are on the way to save rock n roll

You're right.  They could still release this year, easily.  Heck, they could still release in late November with an announcement as far off as late September...with an accompanying single.

It's not completely out of the question.  I would say it's unlikely (to my mind) but not outlandish.

Together again,
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2005, 09:51:29 AM »

but it's like they guard this project with everything they got and they hardly comment on anything, yet gn'rs old photografer writes this in his journal. people check his site because they are fans of sertain bands and not because he's such a great shooter so one should believe that there are certain unwritten rules about passing shit like this on, and it's not like he doesn't know that at least some gn'r fans are actually waiting for this already epic disc and would basically kill for info like this... it would have been fine or harmless if he wrote it in his personal handwritten journal, but in an internet journal???

don't get me wrong tho, i love his pics and it's very cool to hear this from a guy who's actually in the right enviroment, but it wouldn't surprice me a bit if merck would be really pissed about this, and it wouldn't surprice me if axl got pissed at merck for leaking info like this to guy who basically are on the wrong foot with axl.... it ?was a preatty sheap shot he put in there along with some awsome news of course...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2005, 10:05:48 AM »

but it's like they guard this project with everything they got and they hardly comment on anything, yet gn'rs old photografer writes this in his journal. people check his site because they are fans of sertain bands and not because he's such a great shooter so one should believe that there are certain unwritten rules about passing shit like this on, and it's not like he doesn't know that at least some gn'r fans are actually waiting for this already epic disc and would basically kill for info like this... it would have been fine or harmless if he wrote it in his personal handwritten journal, but in an internet journal???

don't get me wrong tho, i love his pics and it's very cool to hear this from a guy who's actually in the right enviroment, but it wouldn't surprice me a bit if merck would be really pissed about this, and it wouldn't surprice me if axl got pissed at merck for leaking info like this to guy who basically are on the wrong foot with axl.... it ?was a preatty sheap shot he put in there along with some awsome news of course...

Actually, he probably DOESN'T know the effect the tidbit will have.? I doubt he has any real knowledge about the rabidity of the GnR fanbase, nor does he really care.? Merck, in a conversation, mentioned, in passing, that CD was done.? So Ross mentioned it.? To Ross' way of thinking, it was probably as simple as that.? He mentioned it as casually as I would mention my wife taking my dog for a walk.

This is akin to me telling you that my wife told me she took my dog for a walk and the dog took a steaming dump in the shape of Nixon's nose on my lawn.? You, however, unbeknownst to me, are a member of a secret society that believes that when MY dog takes a dump on MY lawn and it's in the shape of Nixon's nose that the world is going to end.? Now, having told you something in a very casual conversation, I certainly don't expect the shitstorm (almost literally) that is about to ensue when the other thousands of members of your secret society show up on my lawn asking to see the "Nixon's nose" dump.? Pretty much the same thing here...

Merck told Ross that Axl's finished CD. Ross told us.? Merck = my wife.? Ross = me.? Axl = the dog. See where I'm going with this?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:08:17 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2005, 10:15:54 AM »

Yes, Pilferk, I do.

So can you use some of your well renowned prowess with your "wife" to convince "her" to give us some solid info?  I mean, come on.

Oh, and tell her the dog needs to get out a bit more - you know.. to keep his coat healthy or something.

Tongue  Tongue

Off to the airport with me - peace out, all

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2005, 10:40:20 AM »

Yes, Pilferk, I do.

So can you use some of your well renowned prowess with your "wife" to convince "her" to give us some solid info?? I mean, come on.

Oh, and tell her the dog needs to get out a bit more - you know.. to keep his coat healthy or something.

Tongue? Tongue

Off to the airport with me - peace out, all

-darknemus

LOL!

I was strictly pointing out the equivalencies in the analogy.  Trust me when I tell you that you have NO desire to actually get the product that is "dropped" when my wife takes the dog out for a walk!

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: