Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin's Guitar Playing
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin's Guitar Playing  (Read 28109 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2005, 12:05:42 PM »

Why not. You haven't explained anything. I already told you to go find Yoda's post not mine.

I give up!  rofl
Here's a tip for u: Forget the Yoda remark.

And? What about my other question?

About the crap remark? Whether it was ur 'honest opinion' or not, it was crappy.  Tongue
BucketHead and Robin have nothing in common.

Fuck 'Em All.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

I give up!  rofl
Here's a tip for u: Forget the Yoda remark.

That's the idea.

BucketHead and Robin have nothing in common.

I beg to differ. I think they don't have nothing in common.

Yep, they're different to each other.
As I said I believe it's the difference between the talented individuals that makes the music earthshattering.
2 heads are better than one.
If they were identical, they'd be two bodys with one head. There would be No point in being two.
No point in being a band. No point in talking with others.

Nope.
As I said, both of them are musicians with individuality. Seem Characters as well.   
Both are called Freaks and have gone through abuse by the haters.
The two shared the goals. For instance, to make GN'R music together.
Their riffs both sound delicate and original in their respective ways to me.

BTW, by saying these, I'm no way in the hell up to ramming my opinion down anyone's throat. I'd rather hear what opinion if any, people have of this. Then again Philly is right, we are yet to hear enough materials to discuss the matter. what's more, one of them is out now. Bah!
When I get more, I might have to change the idea. It's true with anyone. Who knows? Wink
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2005, 04:28:53 PM »

When I get more, I might have to change the idea. It's true with anyone. Who knows? Wink

Fair enough. We shall revive this topic, when more material is available.  smoking

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2005, 02:21:05 PM »

- using "gain" / "overdrive" whatever the hell you want to name or catagorize it. The sound that those settings creates doesn't always compliment his playing technique. The way he strikes the strings and the way his hand moves on the fretboard is pretty risk-full. (also wearing a guitar low) There-for it doesn't come out to well on songs such as November Rain. His style doesnt suit that type of category.

I think a good example of to much overdrive is Out Ta Get Me from RIR3. There is so much distortion in that song, the end result is embarassing

And to whoever said it, he played patience like shit, every time i hear it on a bootleg of 2002 he fucks it up. It's not a hard solo but he still managed to fuck it up every time he played it. rant That's my biggest problem. He played NR awesome.. but fucked up Patience, how do you accomplish that? seriously. I can play that solo better than him with one hand up my ass!! Shocked

I definately think Patience was lackluster during RIR3 and just over average on the 2002 tour, which is something I dont get..He can play PC and SCOM flawlessly, but such a simple acoustic track, he cant.
What statement is laugable?

Saying guitarist A is 'more emotional' than guitarist B. It's subjective reasoning. Robin's playing moves you, which is cool. It doesn't move others. Same with Slash. There is no concrete way to quanitify who is more emotional. It's all down to each individual person.

There are people who say that Neil Peart is the greatest drummer that ever lived. I personally hate his playing and think he is stiff as a board. To my ears Bill Bruford is a much better drummer because I can get into his feel. Personal opinions abound.

I entirely agree with that post. Dave, how can you say Slash and Robin aren't in the same category therefore, they cant be judged in the same sentence, but say Robin plays with more emotion than Slash.

Not really. When did Robin return?

As far as I know, Robin only left GnR to go on the Fragility tour in '99 and its really bad I cant remember how long that tour exactly was since I actually caught of the shows

In Detroit, if you pay attention, Axl screw up the lyrics in the new songs (especially in CD and RATB) because there was some problem with the teleprompter. In Patience, he was already fuckin' up the lyrics and just sing the fuckin' chorus way before it was supposed to do - the whole band looks pretty lost, but they tried to follow him.. After Axl sings "because the lights they shine so bright", which indicates the ending of the chorus and the begining of the solo, he just get pissed and left the stage. Again, there was NOTHING wrong with Robin, for God's sake.

I had never hear that story quite that indepth before. Imagine being in the audience and seeing Axl just freeze right up.. to me, it would be unreal. The band must have also felt pretty lousy backstage too. Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: