Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sanctuary expects good sales from GN'R new album
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sanctuary expects good sales from GN'R new album  (Read 8358 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »

Not exactly, they just get his publishing cut. Axl will still get his royalties from the sales of the album, he just wont get the publishing money if they put songs on soundtracks or whatever.

Thank you for clearing that up ok

If GN'R was under the Sanctuary Records, they would announce something in a statement, like they did with the publishing thing.

Exactly. There's no way uni/geffen/interescope would let anyone else put this out, after all the money they invested.

unless axl doesn?t pay the money back ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »

bear in mind that for more then a year now axl has been funding any recording costs from his own pocket.  ok

*edit* hope that doesnt mean a ton of loops from drumkit from hell and a pod hooked directly to his home laptop. lol

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 02:39:15 PM »

bear in mind that for more then a year now axl has been funding any recording costs from his own pocket.? ok

*edit* hope that doesnt mean a ton of loops from drumkit from hell and a pod hooked directly to his home laptop. lol

this might has led him to record in a proper way and not renting a studio for a year without even appearing there. perhaps axl?s now using the studio at his home (when was the last village studio sighting? nervous)? ?it`s safe to say that he isn`t spending 240$ a month for recording at the moment like he did 5 years ago: ok:

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 02:54:40 PM »

Such a move would imply very delicate tactics.
we are yet to know what's going on backstage. Or it's just the writer being mistaken.
We'll see.

It has already warned that it will take a ?170m exceptional charge when it unveils its longdelayed annual results for the year to last September, which are due by the end of this week.

Maybe by the end of this week.  smoking
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »

This album will break the record sales when it's released. It will be giant.

In an industry and generation ruled by hip hop and r&B you sir have high hopes.? rofl

Eventually, something's gonna have to come out and wipe that crap away, Guns is the band to do it, I honestly believe. This album should transcend genres...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 06:04:48 PM »

Publishing is where the money is in music, not album sales.  Everytine an album gets sold, every time a song gets radio play, guitar tabs, played at sports games or anything like that, the person (or company) gets paid.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »

This album will break the record sales when it's released. It will be giant.

In an industry and generation ruled by hip hop and r&B you sir have high hopes.? rofl

Eventually, something's gonna have to come out and wipe that crap away, Guns is the band to do it, I honestly believe. This album should transcend genres...

I really fucking hope you are right.

The music industry needs a good solid kick up the arse and I believe Mr. Rose and co are the only people I can see doing that in the next few years *fingers croseed*
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: