Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 206963 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #500 on: January 29, 2006, 09:55:37 PM »

He posted something on mygnr...

He admited the interview is fake.

So is about 99.4% of every rumor , fan encounter , interview in our lil GNR world.? I'm starting to think you guys are all fake too.? nervous? This is not real , I've been duped.

It's like , when a friend tlls me something now , no matter how mundane it is , I almost feel like yelling at him ,"oh yeah?! Name your sources you one post wonder!"

From now on when someone lies to me or tricks me in real life I think I'll just say "when do you think chinese democracy will come out?"

I'm a ways back in this thread, but this is one of the FUNNIEST posts ever on this site. hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #501 on: January 30, 2006, 10:21:13 AM »

In terms of the tracklisting on Chinese Democracy, what is your favorite track on the album?

umm... I don't know... last year Brain had this song called 'the General' that was really cool... and another song called "we were lying [not sure if thats the name he said]" ... I don't know [Dizzy shrugs]

So wait a minute. We heard rumours before that "the general" will be on CD. How about "we were lying" ?? This is something new that we have not heard before. Means one more new songtitle guys!!

I can probably verify that second song title if I watched the footage enough times... give me a sec.

Thanks for typing the whole thing up man, and thanks for bothering to ask what questions people wanted asked and all that, i hope everyone realises you didn't HAVE to do that.

Just wondering if you could confirm that song title?

Sounds an interesting title, all the others that have been mentioned seem to generally be one or two word titles, i know this is only three words but the rest seem to be names e.g The Blues, General, Madagascar instead of phrases like this

i'd have to get it on my computer or something before I can do that well unfortunately... right now I'm still rewatching it on my non-digital camcorder.

it's definitely "we were ____" ... the last word sounds like "lying" or "line" or something.

"We Were Blind" maybe?

I think the guess earlier in the thread about some sort of photoshoot is a good one. Just MHO.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #502 on: January 30, 2006, 11:13:03 AM »

check this out- metal-sludge reformatted the story:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1152&Itemid=1
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:18:31 AM by Madagascar88 » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #503 on: January 30, 2006, 11:17:18 AM »

So "The General" is real?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #504 on: January 30, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »

Why does it not include your comment admitting that parts of the interview are fake?

madagas
« Reply #505 on: January 30, 2006, 11:28:52 AM »

Get over it James... beer
Sterlingdog
« Reply #506 on: January 30, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »

Why does it not include your comment admitting that parts of the interview are fake?

maybe because then they'd have to include the part where he says it wasn't fake, he was just worried Dizzy would get mad at him, especially considering the response he got at HTGTH? 
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #507 on: January 30, 2006, 01:33:55 PM »

We've known 'the General' is real for quite sometime-Buckmaster (sp?) did the scoring for it and confirmed it almost 2 years ago.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
madagas
« Reply #508 on: January 30, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »

Beltrami did that one I believe. Cool
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »

True.

composer Beltrami scored four songs for Guns 'n' Roses. The songs are 'Seven', 'Leave Me Alone', 'Thyme' and 'General'

and oh yeah,

Marco is as confused as us all as to when the G'n'R songs will come out. "I really have no idea when or where these 4 G'n'R songs will be released" he says. "It seems the album keeps getting postponed".

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #510 on: January 30, 2006, 02:29:07 PM »

Shit-i knew i got the name wrong! Thanks ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »

TO: Maddy88
It?s a pity that I did not get a chance to post questions on ?Dizzy Reed post questions Thread? before. I think HTGTH was down that day when I want to post.

I was gonna ask questions about the song called ?This I love?
Three years ago we had rumor that it is one of AXL favorite but at Korn party, AXL did not mention this title song to be one of this favorite. 
What happen to this? Will it be on CD?
I guess it?s too late now rite.
I hope it will get released.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Warren
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2006, 02:35:25 PM »

Why Dizzy Reed didn't mention in the interview the fact that he was preparing a tour with his Hookers ? Huh
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »

These 'interviews' further enhance my belief that the 'band members' have little to no clue as to what form/shape the songs/album will take. I would imagine that they jammed a whole lot of riffs/segments of songs  some time ago, with some loose direction given, and that Axl has been piecing this thing together bit by bit since with added bits and pieces along the way

The 'band' will basically have to learn the arrangments prior to doing any shows.

That's a cold hard truth thats become more and more relevant as the years go by without a new album, and all were left with is a bunch of bandmember interviews shooting in the dark and hoping for a bullseye as far as an approximate release goes.

I think when you say "Axl has been piecing this together" you need to make it clear that he has done so of his own accord and personal disclaimer for a realist timetable. The bandmembers have been doing solo schlock for over 3 years now and in that space of time it has been noted that their music contributions to the record had been completed..(until Dec. when Richard returned to record) for quite some time. Their services could have been more than available to Axl over the past several years to actual HELP HIM ARRANGE the songs, but he has instead given them the time off to do as they wish, and he will therefore add instrumentals new and old together, and then call them back in individually to rerecord waht he doesn't like, or get their opinions on each song he has "completed"

Now, while each member has been away from Gn'R, I wouldnt be surprised if one of the negotiations of them doing solo material is that they have to keep up to date with playing their decided parts on the old catelogue, as well as a clear mind and relaxed approach to the newer material they have now spent years recording bit by bit. It makes sense and cuts down on rehearsal time when Axl plans to drop the album and tour, if the bandmembers are up to par on old  and new catalogue material when they rehearse as a solid unit again for the first time since MSG '02 ok

We've known 'the General' is real for quite sometime-Buckmaster (sp?) did the scoring for it and confirmed it almost 2 years ago.

I was always very intrigued about this song when I heard Beltrami would be scoring it, and now that Dizzy said Brain really shines on it, I simply cant wait! Ironically, I broke out some of my Primus records last weekend and was thinking about what an advesary Brain really was to Gn'R. Adler was great in his prime, I never really cared too much for Sorum, but Brain is an exceptional drummer.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2006, 08:36:22 AM »

What I have a hard time with is when Dizzy says the process is very colaborative....but then answers other questions that directly contradict that assertion.

Maybe the writing process WAS collaborative, but it's obvious that the process of actually creating the album has not been.  I mean....Dizzy says, repeatedly, that he hasn't heard much of the material "in so long".  How can that be collaborative?

I'm just saying....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
madagas
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2006, 09:06:48 AM »

It was collaborative in the recording of the instrumentals. But, it is clearly not a collaborative effort over the last few years. They have played no part in the tracklisting, mixing, vocal recordings, lyrics, artwork, etc. If they have it is very minor. It will be Axl's album and that is not necessarily a bad thing. He'll have no excuses as to what the final product sounds like. Personally, I want it like this because I want to see if he's really as good as I thought he was going to be after listening to Coma, Estranged, Locomotive, Civil War et al. The guy really was on the way up as an artist.....then poof.....up in a cloud of smoke.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2006, 11:06:11 AM »

Nay! the album(s) won't be just Axl's. otherwise he should call the project Axl Rose solo.
As I said earlier in this thread ( I quote myself below Tongue), this band is as collaborative as any other band. Just the leader is holding many other posts for the project than just a band leader concomitantly and taking time.
Tommy, Dizzy and Axl's words are of one accord in regarding this thing to be corroborative efforts.
I'd say it is wholly Axl's endeavor to produce this fucking band ie an advanced GNR.

My point is that this band is, in its own right, no less a genuine band than any other band ever existed. Apparently they get on well with each other personally, not to mention musically.. I'm positive that each member of the band contributes and dedicate to the band as much as any band animal does to their band....... save for Axl.

The thing is just that the leader is not like other band front men. He not only being a sole lyric writer has served concurrently as a producer, a manager, an A&Rman and many other things while other bands entrust these chores to professionals outside the band.
Well you long term fans may see it as an Axl project because your interests are only Axl. But to complete the project, this band has to be Guns n Roses. That is Chinese Democracy.

Axl Rose: " There's a lot of things that? we come up with new ideas that we're working on as we go, and it is a really, really slow process, because it's kind of left more to ourselves in trying to figure it our where? What I've seen in this industry is that, if a record company? I don't know. There seems to be a lot more support for getting things done with newer bands, and it's got a lot to do with contracts being, you know, they don't have to spend as much money on the band, and they're trying to get it out there, and the next thing you know, they've sold a couple of albums and then they don't care about that band anymore and they move on and that band falls apart. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of support for bands that have been around. That's my experience. So in putting this thing together, in a lot of ways, I've had to do way more jobs in it than I'm supposed to ? I've had to be manager, A&R man, producer, sole lyric writer, and a lot of [other] things, where GUNS N' ROSES, to me, what I worked really hard at was making it a collaborative effort, and it was a lot of people involved. This is a collaborative effort with the players, but the players aren't exactly sure what it should be to try to win over the world GUNS N' ROSES style. So that's kind of my responsibility. It took a long time, but now it's working, and I think we'll have the right record, and when we do drop the record, the plan is to drop the record, have a bunch of extra tracks, about a year or so down the road drop another record and drop a third record. This is a three-stage thing and we'll be touring for a real long time." - from  101 WRIF radio interview, Nov. 21 2002
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=581

madagas
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

That just proves my point! Axl's running the show-no questions asked. rofl
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2006, 11:25:40 AM »

no1 is saying its not a collabortative effort. It was. But for the past few years now Axl has been in full control running the show. Theres nothing wrong with that as long as the band had input in the music. And they say they did.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2006, 11:31:25 AM »

And the manager of the beatles run the show. So did Jimmy Page. That didn't make Zep less collaborative.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: