Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff Mckagan Responds To AXL ROSE  (Read 79388 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »

Greta Van Jarmo, ?
You should refrain from insulting someone like that, especially because he is the guy that created this forum. Show a little fucking respect. He probably doesnt watch Fox News so he wont get your "joke".

Besides, what in the hell does Jarmo have in common with Greta Van Susteren?? confused
James, your final sentence would be better if you did not that GNR doesn't have a song that rocks as hard (or rocks period for that matter) as Slither. ?I love the nusongs, but am not ready to consider this a slam dunk. ?Right now CITR and TWAT are already running together. ?If there isn't a true balance of Rock songs, this thing will tank fast. ?I like what I hear so far. ?But when I want to rock, VR is better for now.
Gimme a fucking break. Axl's new stuff is light years ahead of anything VR has done, and you know it. As far as "rocking hard", the heavy part of Better is also light years ahead of any VR rock.

Masterpieces dont "tank fast".

James, calm the fock down.  First of all, Beggars and Hangers on rocks harder then anything nu GNR has.  You are right, the middle part of Better is focking heavy as fock, but it is not a "rock" song.  Hell, the end of NR rocks, but it is not a rock song.  So far on Chinese Democracy is a real rock song that we have heard, and I like it.  It is riff based and sounds good.  It is not better then Slither.  It just insn't.  Now, the Greta joke I did think was humorus cause she is like a detective on her show always trying to uncover a mystery and calls people out.  Like Greta, Jarmo stated how he felt what Axl was trying to do just like when Greta would analyze Joran Vander Sloot.  I love the new GNR songs, all we are missing is a nu GNR "rocker."  Do you see my point? 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »

First of all, Beggars and Hangers on rocks harder then anything nu GNR has.

Ummmm, okaaayyyyyyy.  Roll Eyes

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »

First of all, Beggars and Hangers on rocks harder then anything nu GNR has.

Ummmm, okaaayyyyyyy.  Roll Eyes

hahah yeah, i don't know about that, but I agree with the rest of what he wrote.  we haven't heard a rocker yet.  Plenty of songs still left to hear though.

A tighter version of CD could be a very kick ass tune.  The versions we've heard thus far though make it sound like just a good 4th or 5th single type song.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »

Before the vocals kick in on Beggars, that song has a killer heavy riff going.  But okay, I was stretching on that one.  Also, unless you are Pink Floyd, I don't think an album mainly full of ballads will satisfy GNR fans as a whole.  Ya, we will put it in, but after 9 straight songs of getting focked over, or self realization, we will put on Highway to Hell or Appetite and feel good about living again.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2006, 07:37:02 PM »

I'll take cemetary gates over better any day.. Both soft side songs that get heavy
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2006, 07:39:02 PM »

I'll take cemetary gates over better any day.. Both soft side songs that get heavy

Amazing song  ok

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »

Mike, i say one thing not positive about the new songs, and I get blasted. ?It like, "these songs are focking masterpieces." ?Why are you and I the only ones that feel they are not? ?Are we the ones with a problem? ?Are we stuck in the 1987? ?FOCK!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »

Amazing song? ok

yes it is, the only point I was making is that people act like there is no other good music out there and this is something that has neevr been done before..  Everyone else is a fucking hack while axl is the only one capable of creating something relevant

SG we just don't live in that bubble we once did years back we we couldn't see anything wrong in a gnr tune.. i was that same fucking person who defended axl tooth n nail and said every song was awesome gnr rules how dare you not like this song, no other band is better, etc  blah blah blah..  We all like the leaks, just not all of us sit here and wave a flag and act like it's teh first time we are hearing music
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »

Amazing song? ok

yes it is, the only point I was making is that people act like there is no other good music out there and this is something that has neevr been done before..? Everyone else is a fucking hack while axl is the only one capable of creating something relevant

SG we just don't live in that bubble we once did years back we we couldn't see anything wrong in a gnr tune.. i was that same fucking person who defended axl tooth n nail and said every song was awesome gnr rules how dare you not like this song, no other band is better, etc? blah blah blah..? We all like the leaks, just not all of us sit here and wave a flag and act like it's teh first time we are hearing music

Brilliant.  You know what is really missing in these new songs?  They are not pan tee droppers at all.  There is no sex in this music.   All chicks love GNR and AC/DC, cause it is sexy music.  Sweet Child and others are just sexy.  It is like sterile music.  Though good, it doesn't put a tent in your pants like Paradise City does.   That is what these songs are missing.  It is missing the sex, the groove. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »

Amazing song? ok

yes it is, the only point I was making is that people act like there is no other good music out there and this is something that has neevr been done before..? Everyone else is a fucking hack while axl is the only one capable of creating something relevant

SG we just don't live in that bubble we once did years back we we couldn't see anything wrong in a gnr tune.. i was that same fucking person who defended axl tooth n nail and said every song was awesome gnr rules how dare you not like this song, no other band is better, etc? blah blah blah..? We all like the leaks, just not all of us sit here and wave a flag and act like it's teh first time we are hearing music

Brilliant.? You know what is really missing in these new songs?? They are not pan tee droppers at all.? There is no sex in this music.? ?All chicks love GNR and AC/DC, cause it is sexy music.? Sweet Child and others are just sexy.? It is like sterile music.? Though good, it doesn't put a tent in your pants like Paradise City does.? ?That is what these songs are missing.? It is missing the sex, the groove.?

well it's missing that edge.. I mean the blues, maddy, citr, twat, better, all these songs start off so soft... Cd is a boring rocker, riyad n silkworms no..  irs is cool, even though I am not a big fan of oh my god I will at least say it kicks some ass, it opens well.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »

Amazing song  ok

yes it is, the only point I was making is that people act like there is no other good music out there and this is something that has neevr been done before..  Everyone else is a fucking hack while axl is the only one capable of creating something relevant

SG we just don't live in that bubble we once did years back we we couldn't see anything wrong in a gnr tune.. i was that same fucking person who defended axl tooth n nail and said every song was awesome gnr rules how dare you not like this song, no other band is better, etc  blah blah blah..  We all like the leaks, just not all of us sit here and wave a flag and act like it's teh first time we are hearing music

Brilliant.  You know what is really missing in these new songs?  They are not pan tee droppers at all.  There is no sex in this music.   All chicks love GNR and AC/DC, cause it is sexy music.  Sweet Child and others are just sexy.  It is like sterile music.  Though good, it doesn't put a tent in your pants like Paradise City does.   That is what these songs are missing.  It is missing the sex, the groove. 

well it's missing that edge.. I mean the blues, maddy, citr, twat, better, all these songs start off so soft... Cd is a boring rocker, riyad n silkworms no..  irs is cool, even though I am not a big fan of oh my god I will at least say it kicks some ass, it opens well.

Agree with both of you - I still have NO clue why people rave about BETTER being one of the best GNR songs of all time and that nonsense.  Its a good tune, but one that I won't play 20 years from now like I do the BIG afd songs.

keep in mind though, these are just leaks - and we have no idea if these are the BEST axl has to offer...they are songs that just so happened to get leaked.  If these are his best, he'll have a great mature rock album, but i am hoping and praying for 3 or 4 rockers that I can play next to jungle and PC and you could be mine.....

Yeah, i know hes 44 and more mature blah blah blah, but hes still Axl Rose and this is still GNF'R

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #331 on: March 15, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »

Dammit, I will say it now, the vocals/lyrics of nuGNR are focking solid as hell. ?The music focking blows a big fat cock. ?Had to say it. ?It is neat to listen to the ideas, but no amount of "re-mixing" can add what these songs truly need. ?Mike, I will refrain from saying for fear of getting stoned by James..... Just kidding James. ?You are one of my favorie posters. ?I love the passion. ?But anyway, nobody in the current band can equal Axl's musical genious.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #332 on: March 15, 2006, 07:59:14 PM »

Amazing song? ok

Brilliant.? You know what is really missing in these new songs?? They are not pan tee droppers at all.? There is no sex in this music.? ?All chicks love GNR and AC/DC, cause it is sexy music.? Sweet Child and others are just sexy.? It is like sterile music.? Though good, it doesn't put a tent in your pants like Paradise City does.? ?That is what these songs are missing.? It is missing the sex, the groove.?

well it's missing that edge.. I mean the blues, maddy, citr, twat, better, all these songs start off so soft... Cd is a boring rocker, riyad n silkworms no..? irs is cool, even though I am not a big fan of oh my god I will at least say it kicks some ass, it opens well.

Agree with both of you - I still have NO clue why people rave about BETTER being one of the best GNR songs of all time and that nonsense.? Its a good tune, but one that I won't play 20 years from now like I do the BIG afd songs.

keep in mind though, these are just leaks - and we have no idea if these are the BEST axl has to offer...they are songs that just so happened to get leaked.? If these are his best, he'll have a great mature rock album, but i am hoping and praying for 3 or 4 rockers that I can play next to jungle and PC and you could be mine.....

Yeah, i know hes 44 and more mature blah blah blah, but hes still Axl Rose and this is still GNF'R

I'm feeling you hanna ,as in I understand what you mean and agree Grin
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #333 on: March 15, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »

Amazing song? ok

well it's missing that edge.. I mean the blues, maddy, citr, twat, better, all these songs start off so soft... Cd is a boring rocker, riyad n silkworms no..? irs is cool, even though I am not a big fan of oh my god I will at least say it kicks some ass, it opens well.

Agree with both of you - I still have NO clue why people rave about BETTER being one of the best GNR songs of all time and that nonsense.? Its a good tune, but one that I won't play 20 years from now like I do the BIG afd songs.

keep in mind though, these are just leaks - and we have no idea if these are the BEST axl has to offer...they are songs that just so happened to get leaked.? If these are his best, he'll have a great mature rock album, but i am hoping and praying for 3 or 4 rockers that I can play next to jungle and PC and you could be mine.....

James, ask Mystereon if the Axl camp gets mad when they read posts from guys like me, Mike, and Hanna Hat....... ?I ask this cause in the other thread he said the camp likes what the fans are saying.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #334 on: March 15, 2006, 08:18:19 PM »

Why do people assume it's not relevant to the countersuit?

It has to be. Otherwise it wouldn't have been included in the release.
It has to be?? nervous Please explain. I would love to know how hearsay from Slash insulting members of VR is relevant to the lawsuit. Please dont dodge this question. Its like the 2nd or 3rd time I have asked you this in response to several of your posts in similar threads, and you dont reply.  I would really like to know why you see how insults have anything to do with a lawsuit.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #335 on: March 15, 2006, 08:29:01 PM »

Why do people assume it's not relevant to the countersuit?

It has to be. Otherwise it wouldn't have been included in the release.
It has to be?? nervous Please explain. I would love to know how hearsay from Slash insulting members of VR is relevant to the lawsuit. Please dont dodge this question. Its like the 2nd or 3rd time I have asked you this in response to several of your posts in similar threads, and you dont reply.? I would really like to know why you see how insults have anything to do with a lawsuit.

It is not relevant at all.  Not one bit.  Now, if on the witness stand, Axl can site that experience to build a case against Slash's credibility, but it was not integral to statement.  It is about as relevant as him telling us how many times he beat off to Stephanie Seymore. 
estranged.1098
« Reply #336 on: March 15, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »

Just because you can't see the relevance doesn't mean it's not. Axl's lawyers may have a different opinion, and that may not always be the same as what the teenagers are saying on the big garbage can.  Grin
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #337 on: March 15, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »

It is not relevant at all.? Not one bit.? Now, if on the witness stand, Axl can site that experience to build a case against Slash's credibility, but it was not integral to statement.? It is about as relevant as him telling us how many times he beat off to Stephanie Seymore.?
How is it a case against Slash's credibility? Going to Axl's house(if true) and whining about VR cannot destroy his credibility at the trial.
Just because you can't see the relevance doesn't mean it's not. Axl's lawyers may have a different opinion, and that may not always be the same as what the teenagers are saying on the big garbage can. Grin
First thing, I'm not a teenager. If Axl's lawyers really think the heresay in that press release is relevant to the trial, then Slash and Duff's will be victorious at the trial. Axl needs a better legal team. Since you say I cant see the relevance, I want you to show me.

estranged.1098
« Reply #338 on: March 15, 2006, 08:48:47 PM »

First thing, I'm not a teenager. If Axl's lawyers really think the heresay in that press release is relevant to the trial, then Slash and Duff's will be victorious at the trial. Axl needs a better legal team. Since you say I cant see the relevance, I want you to show me.

You can't see the relevance because you're not the lawyer on the case, you don't know the details of the accusation nor the details of Axl's defense/counterclaim strategy. Axl's been "unnecessarilly" attacked in court (fraud, liear, huge ego, arrogant, etc), I'm sure the Slash people thought that using those words would help them, instead of just saying "oh, we didn't get our checks, could you please rule in our favor now".

EDIT: do you really think Slash's words in " that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? are not relevant on a lawsuit by Slash against Axl?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:52:06 PM by estranged.1098 » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »

It is not relevant at all.? Not one bit.? Now, if on the witness stand, Axl can site that experience to build a case against Slash's credibility, but it was not integral to statement.? It is about as relevant as him telling us how many times he beat off to Stephanie Seymore.?
How is it a case against Slash's credibility? Going to Axl's house(if true) and whining about VR cannot destroy his credibility at the trial.
Just because you can't see the relevance doesn't mean it's not. Axl's lawyers may have a different opinion, and that may not always be the same as what the teenagers are saying on the big garbage can. Grin

What I meant about Slash's credibility is that Axl said that the media always takes his side cause Slash panders to the media. ?What Axl is trying to is Discredit what Slash and Media has led us to beleive about him. ?Axl knows that most view Slash as the good guy and Axl the bad when it comes to the break up and royalties. ?So, to make Slash look like a back stabber, Axl's team may think that makes Axl look better....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: