Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:25:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Is there a way the top 20 posters can be listed?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is there a way the top 20 posters can be listed?  (Read 18939 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »

Since many people thinks that being a post whore is gonna increase your post number (which is true) I think a best way is to creat a game forum where post doesnt increase, for instance games like say something from the person above you, if you like game, continue the history, what are you listening right now and stuff like that, just a suggest  ok
Perhaps it could be inside the jungle area.

I've seen this on other boards too, but who is to say the persons post would amount to anything in the GnR section? If they post 20 times in one thread claiming Slash is better then BH, how is that any more relevant then any game thread?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »

I've seen this on other boards too, but who is to say the persons post would amount to anything in the GnR section? If they post 20 times in one thread claiming Slash is better then BH, how is that any more relevant then any game thread?

Ok I just made a suggestion I can't figure out everything  Sad

No man can be my equal
Brody
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »

I said some of it. I remember mentioning how new mods were added here, because we have had a few discussions about mods because its a new site, and we had a couple of very immature mods when the site first started. But him(or one of his goons) added certain things to it to make it sound like that. Someone got access to my account there 2 days ago, and we actually had to go into maintenance mode for a couple hours. I have always used the same password at all forums I go to(including his), and he probably got my password from thenewguns after those people banned me.

I thought someone gained access to my account to try and fuck up the forum or post a bunch of links to the demos. Me and the admin concentrated on those aspects of their little "forum hack". I did not think to go through my older posts to see if they had edited any of my posts. Those newguns guys are a bunch of fucking losers.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean...

Right?

First stalkers, now hackers?

Dude, you sure are in demand!

just to shed some light on this they were able to figure out james secrete question.. i veiwed my error log and noticed that one particular ip had tried to gain access through james account... no big deal i banned the ip and isp.. i also notified there isp abuse center that that user had been trying to cause harm to my site...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2006, 09:41:01 PM »

I said some of it. I remember mentioning how new mods were added here, because we have had a few discussions about mods because its a new site, and we had a couple of very immature mods when the site first started. But him(or one of his goons) added certain things to it to make it sound like that. Someone got access to my account there 2 days ago, and we actually had to go into maintenance mode for a couple hours. I have always used the same password at all forums I go to(including his), and he probably got my password from thenewguns after those people banned me.

I thought someone gained access to my account to try and fuck up the forum or post a bunch of links to the demos. Me and the admin concentrated on those aspects of their little "forum hack". I did not think to go through my older posts to see if they had edited any of my posts. Those newguns guys are a bunch of fucking losers.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean...

Right?

First stalkers, now hackers?

Dude, you sure are in demand!

just to shed some light on this they were able to figure out james secrete question.. i veiwed my error log and noticed that one particular ip had tried to gain access through james account... no big deal i banned the ip and isp.. i also notified there isp abuse center that that user had been trying to cause harm to my site...

That would mean the person would ahve to know James pretty well. So that counts me out there yet again.  ok
Sterlingdog
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »

On the "who becomes a mod" subject...why would anyone want to?  I'm not bashing the people who do it, I'm glad they do and clearly somebody needs to.  But why do it?  What does anyone get out of it besides a headache and being accused of being biased (or worse).  Its not like they get paid.  Is it just to feel good about the title?  I'm curious, people who aren't mods that really want to be, why?  What do you all think is going happen?

Does anyone ever turn down the job? 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2006, 10:54:31 PM »

Ok I just made a suggestion I can't figure out everything  Sad

No big deal, I'm just sayin'..........
SLCPUNK
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2006, 10:56:29 PM »

On the "who becomes a mod" subject...why would anyone want to?  I'm not bashing the people who do it, I'm glad they do and clearly somebody needs to.  But why do it?  What does anyone get out of it besides a headache and being accused of being biased (or worse).  Its not like they get paid.  Is it just to feel good about the title?  I'm curious, people who aren't mods that really want to be, why?  What do you all think is going happen?

Does anyone ever turn down the job? 

I remember being in my early 20's and got hired as a bartender in this danceclub I was in every night and loved.

All of a sudden I realized how different it was on the other side of the bar..............
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »

Accusing people of doing this just because you don't like them is pretty serious. Do you have proof that it was somebody that posts here like you say?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2006, 01:10:24 AM »

Im not gonna lie, I was kinda curious as to how the mods were chosen and did get curious if i was at least considered but I would never stop posting or start posting more because of it.

There's a bunch of things I look for. How long they've been here is one and obviously it helps if the user in question is somewhat active in the section they're moderating in....

There's more though....

/jarmo

I know that the huge political blowup probably hurt a few of us for consideration.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »

does it really matter how many posts poeple have....NO.what difference does it make......NONE.im sure a mod is chosen for there maturity in situations and maybe there knowledge on most subjects.not because they answer questions with

yes/no/ ok/bellend/^ has red hair ? drool/etc etc

all the amount of posts you have only indicate how active you are and im sure a mod isnt picked cos he/she is here a lot

thats jus my view ?peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Brody
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2006, 01:45:17 AM »

Accusing people of doing this just because you don't like them is pretty serious. Do you have proof that it was somebody that posts here like you say?

/jarmo

I never accused anyone i just said thats what happend i read the error log and noticed that while james was logged in.. im not accusing im just sayin what happend.. its not a big deal and never said it was someone from here i can send you the ip and you can tell me.. but i really dont care its taken care off.. i no prob with anyone here so... idk what ur talkin about jarmo...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2006, 04:49:24 AM »

I searched for the IP# you supplied and nobody here has used it to post.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Brody
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2006, 07:46:09 AM »

Thanks Jarmo
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »

i just checked out of curioisity who had more posts per day, D or SLCPUNK and it is exactely the same: 9,214 hihi hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »

ANyone that thinks the more they post the more chance they have to be someone is fucking retarded.... ANyone can post 5 words and boost post counts or gab on general talk threads like say something abou the person above you or flirting thread etc,..... I would think a mod would ve someone active obviously and someone who is fair that can see both sides of views.. ANyone can achieve high post counts..
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2006, 03:22:30 PM »

On the "who becomes a mod" subject...why would anyone want to?  I'm not bashing the people who do it, I'm glad they do and clearly somebody needs to.  But why do it?  What does anyone get out of it besides a headache and being accused of being biased (or worse).  Its not like they get paid.  Is it just to feel good about the title?

We do it because we love the site and don't want it to be overrun by morons.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2006, 04:48:33 PM »

On the "who becomes a mod" subject...why would anyone want to?  I'm not bashing the people who do it, I'm glad they do and clearly somebody needs to.  But why do it?  What does anyone get out of it besides a headache and being accused of being biased (or worse).  Its not like they get paid.  Is it just to feel good about the title?

We do it because we love the site and don't want it to be overrun by morons.

ok, I can respect that.  But what of the people who aren't mods that desperately want to be?  Why?  Is it for power or do they think the existing mods don't do a good job?  We've all seen people post and ask how to become a mod.  Or people secretly pissed that they aren't "chosen".  What's the deal?

For that matter, why do people get so worked up about post counts?  People are always accusing others of trying to boost their post count, saying their posts shouldn't count, etc.  Who cares and why?  Is it a respect thing?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2006, 04:56:08 PM »

For that matter, why do people get so worked up about post counts?  People are always accusing others of trying to boost their post count, saying their posts shouldn't count, etc.  Who cares and why?  Is it a respect thing?

Who the fuck knows... A vr forum I belong to doesn't even have a post count... When I was at mygnr I had many posts and I kept getting pms saying I was trying to boost my post count and this n that bullshit, yet I was posting hundreds of words per post..  I use to get this because I was catching up to the admin and she felt weird because I was getting close.. it was like the more posts you had the closer to admin you were going to be... hihi I think people feel it matters for some stupid fucking reason.... I never understood why anyone cares how many posts someone has as long as they actually say something when tehy write.. SOme people like to browse all day ,some like to be in the talks themselves..  It's the same shit when someone says what do you know noobs you only have 5 posts he has 200?? it's fucking lame.... ANyone that worries about how many posts another person has or someoent hat just posts smilies to get alot is out of their minds
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 01:01:30 PM »

I see Journy's post as a word leet, is there a way to do that? if it is posible I want that my post apear like duoh! if not nevermind  Smiley

No man can be my equal
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

Yeah, I can set your post count back to 1337....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: