Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR rehearsing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR rehearsing?  (Read 10602 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »

If auditions are taking place, then Axl has to be there. He's not going to allow hired guns to make such a monumental decision. But let's say BH is back and if Fortus is out you put Huge into the mix, then there's no reason for Axl to be at any rehearsals.

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 07:34:22 PM »

OK so we have a few axl sightings over the past 5 months,each one being on a night out on the town.so what does he do all the other times when hes not out boozing and partying,exactly,hes rehearsing his lines and singing techniques.dont worry about axl being in shape coz hes looking better now than he did in 2002.hes probebly done quite a bit of practice WITH the band over the past couple of years but we dont hear about that do we.hes also probebly spent sometime with the band lately that we havnt heard about.  peace .

and who says the band aint in NY or somewhere near there.

When i seen tommy her in prov in 2003 he told me him and the band he play with at the time was from around Providence. There is a big place here for band to play and record. They could be there(with out axl) and be getting ready. Tommy told me that they have working on play other old songs from UYI idk if we will see them play anything seeing that he told me this in 2003 but that would be nice. LOL at the time i told him Bucket anfd Rob sould both play the opening of sweet child at the same time. AND he love that idear. But agen i told to him in 2003 so who knows. WOULD be great!!

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 07:48:28 PM »

OK so we have a few axl sightings over the past 5 months,each one being on a night out on the town.so what does he do all the other times when hes not out boozing and partying,exactly,hes rehearsing his lines and singing techniques.dont worry about axl being in shape coz hes looking better now than he did in 2002.hes probebly done quite a bit of practice WITH the band over the past couple of years but we dont hear about that do we.hes also probebly spent sometime with the band lately that we havnt heard about.  peace .

and who says the band aint in NY or somewhere near there.

When i seen tommy her in prov in 2003 he told me him and the band he play with at the time was from around Providence. There is a big place here for band to play and record. They could be there(with out axl) and be getting ready. Tommy told me that they have working on play other old songs from UYI idk if we will see them play anything seeing that he told me this in 2003 but that would be nice. LOL at the time i told him Bucket anfd Rob sould both play the opening of sweet child at the same time. AND he love that idear. But agen i told to him in 2003 so who knows. WOULD be great!!

Since so many sightings of people in and around GN'R are happening in NYC, I'm sure rehearsals are going on. Having said that I have to ask again; Axl has never been at rehearsals for any version of this band before, why would he now?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 08:00:52 PM »

maybe hes not rehearsed much with the band back in the early 90s but they were touring a LOT more back then.Axl knows hes been dormant for a long time and this band is something new even to Axl.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »

I for one feel that Axl has to do everything in his power to make these shows amazing. That includes being in shape and rehearsing.

If he tales a blaze type approach as he did in 2002, theres no reason to think his voice wont suck again and he'll lose breath etc...

Its not 91, nor is it 87. He needs to put some major effort in this time

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
badapple81
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 08:03:33 PM »

I think he'll do a few rehearsals early on but may save his voice later on. We know how much Axl's voice can differ show to show so I'm sure he'll be preparing this as much as possible.

I wouldln't expect perfection in the NY shows, after all they are warm up shows  ok  They will probably kick ass like HOB tho  Cheesy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »

maybe hes not rehearsed much with the band back in the early 90s but they were touring a LOT more back then.Axl knows hes been dormant for a long time and this band is something new even to Axl.

Good call. I didn't think of that at first. I just gotta think there has to be a delicate balance between saving your voice and making sure it's prepared and ready to go ya know?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 01:03:54 AM »

if axl hasnt rehearsed with the band then he would have prepared some other way like hiring session playeres to play the songs while he sings (during the times when the other members were doing solo projects etc).and recently getting together with the band rehearsing for maybe 3-4 days would then be enough (closer to the first NY show).

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 01:13:50 AM »

Maybe the third guitarist is some whiz kid who no one's ever heard of before, and is a surprise.  It's highly possible.  Axl went way outside the box with Buckethead, and that was to me a great success at least in the recording process based on what we've heard.  It wouldn't be a shocker if Axl went out of the box again and brought in some unknown kid who can play like hell but hasn't been heard of before
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 01:19:25 AM »

Maybe the third guitarist is some whiz kid who no one's ever heard of before, and is a surprise.? It's highly possible.? Axl went way outside the box with Buckethead, and that was to me a great success at least in the recording process based on what we've heard.? It wouldn't be a shocker if Axl went out of the box again and brought in some unknown kid who can play like hell but hasn't been heard of before

now i think that would be a great idea,somebody thats a killer on the axe but has never been heard of before.it would have given axl more of a choice in finding a suitable replacement for mr bucket.

CockSmear4000
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 04:13:47 AM »

With Axl out and about in NYC all the time, where the hell are these guys rehearsing?  Are Axl's bandmates currently in NYC as well?  With only 2 and a half weeks to go before their first performance in nearly 3 and a half years, I'm very curious as to how hard they are rehearsing and how serious this new comback is being taken.  What do you guys think? 

They are rehersing in Burbank, CA. without Axl.  End of thread.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 04:36:31 AM »

there was somebody in another thread that said it is possible for axl to go to rehearsals during the week and in the weekend to go to ny to have fun. that is a possibility.

another possibility is that axl is not rehearsing with them. it's not so surprising of him. if you watch the "7 days in rio" you'll see that matt says he has never rehearsed with axl. the rio show was his first time playing with axl. so i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up for rehearsals.

and he is getting into shape. he's out partying every night in ny. so we'll get the appetite era axl

shaun
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 04:45:07 AM »

With Axl out and about in NYC all the time, where the hell are these guys rehearsing?  Are Axl's bandmates currently in NYC as well?  With only 2 and a half weeks to go before their first performance in nearly 3 and a half years, I'm very curious as to how hard they are rehearsing and how serious this new comback is being taken.  What do you guys think? 

The band are locked away rehearsing while Axl goes out shopping, drinking and partying  hihi
Axl's rehearsal will be at the up and coming warm up gig's  hihi

Axl's management should advised him to rehearse alot more as during the failed 2002 tour there were times when an out of breath Axl was the weakest link in the new GnR link up  Undecided

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2006, 12:18:53 AM »

Do you think Axl is actually there rehearsing? He was never to fond of it in the past. Hope he is there.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2006, 01:06:03 AM »

I doubt he's there, listen to the Vegas 01 bootleg, he says he only went to one rehearsal and the soundcheck before they played the first show. As of Thursday he was still in New York, while the rest of the band are in Burbank California, as someone said a few posts above. Tommy is the musical director of the band, my guess is he is the one responsible for getting the band ready. As long as they are tight enough Axl will be fine.......... After 13 years i think he knows the songs pretty well! He Better  peace

Jonx
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2006, 01:10:19 AM »

I doubt he's there, listen to the Vegas 01 bootleg, he says he only went to one rehearsal and the soundcheck before they played the first show. As of Thursday he was still in New York, while the rest of the band are in Burbank California, as someone said a few posts above. Tommy is the musical director of the band, my guess is he is the one responsible for getting the band ready. As long as they are tight enough Axl will be fine.......... After 13 years i think he knows the songs pretty well! He Better? peace

Jonx

That would piss the fuck outta me if my singer or any other member of my band didnt show up to practice. I hope he is going to a few rehearsals atleast.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2006, 01:11:24 AM »

I doubt he's there, listen to the Vegas 01 bootleg, he says he only went to one rehearsal and the soundcheck before they played the first show. As of Thursday he was still in New York, while the rest of the band are in Burbank California, as someone said a few posts above. Tommy is the musical director of the band, my guess is he is the one responsible for getting the band ready. As long as they are tight enough Axl will be fine.......... After 13 years i think he knows the songs pretty well! He Better? peace

Jonx

Sounds right to me.  It's Axl - if you don't think he's prepared, then you might as well not go to the show.  Axl doesn't rehearse, he performs.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2006, 01:13:35 AM »

i hope axl is in shape for the warm up gigs and tour. ?in 02 he was terribly out of shape, dont get me wrong i dont expect him to be running and singing all over like he did 15 years ago but he should be able to put on a great show as long as he is in good shape. ?as i ve been saying one of the worst part of the 2002 tour wasnt axl however it was the overall shows production, i hope theyre isnt micro phone problems, i hope the tours crew doesnt fuck up, the overall show just needs to be tighter.

Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2006, 01:17:11 AM »

It's rock and roll, not a tv show.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2006, 01:24:54 AM »

i hope axl is in shape for the warm up gigs and tour.  in 02 he was terribly out of shape, dont get me wrong i dont expect him to be running and singing all over like he did 15 years ago but he should be able to put on a great show as long as he is in good shape.  as i ve been saying one of the worst part of the 2002 tour wasnt axl however it was the overall shows production, i hope theyre isnt micro phone problems, i hope the tours crew doesnt fuck up, the overall show just needs to be tighter.

Well apparantly Axl is the workout King at the moment so i dont think general fitness is something to worry about. In 02 he wasnt really out of shape, his new vocal style doesnt go down so well when he is running all over the place, he shouldnt be running around so much, it doesnt suit his new vocal style, he is also getting on in life.... its natural. As for the sound issue, it was a problem, but they are probably a result of the fact that the band is probably a bitch to get sounding right, not to mention the fact that Axl used to fire people from the stage back in the Appetite/Illusion days when things went wrong, my guess is that no one ever stays round long enough to get the right feel/sound of the band. Hopefully things will be different this time round. Probably not though  ok

Jonx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: