Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR rehearsing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR rehearsing?  (Read 10832 times)
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: April 24, 2006, 02:45:20 PM »

With Axl out and about in NYC all the time, where the hell are these guys rehearsing?  Are Axl's bandmates currently in NYC as well?  With only 2 and a half weeks to go before their first performance in nearly 3 and a half years, I'm very curious as to how hard they are rehearsing and how serious this new comback is being taken.  What do you guys think? 
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »

? With Axl out and about in NYC all the time, where the hell are these guys rehearsing?? Are Axl's bandmates currently in NYC as well?? With only 2 and a half weeks to go before their first performance in nearly 3 and a half years, I'm very curious as to how hard they are rehearsing and how serious this new comback is being taken.? What do you guys think??

The old band always did it without Axl because he wanted to save his voice, I assume its the same with this  band. Axl alluded to this in 2002 when he said Tommy let the rehearsals.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 02:51:47 PM »

Yea the band (both old and new) plays to a backing track of Axls vocals.  The Tokyo video shows that if you watch the interviews close enough.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 02:52:38 PM »

Axl never (ok...maybe not never..rarely) reherses.

Axl never (ok....maybe not never...rarely) sound checks.

The band reherses the music (apparently with Tommy leading the rehersals by most accounts).

Axl sings at the warm up shows.

I assume there is some communication between them all, to talk about set list, etc.....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:54:36 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »

I also think it's a good idea for Axl to be whipping his ass into shape.  Going on tour requires alot of energy.  The better shape he is in, the better frontman he will be. 
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 03:09:05 PM »

Axl never (ok...maybe not never..rarely) reherses.

Axl never (ok....maybe not never...rarely) sound checks.

The band reherses the music (apparently with Tommy leading the rehersals by most accounts).

Axl sings at the warm up shows.

I assume there is some communication between them all, to talk about set list, etc.....

I wish he would take his perfectionist stance towards his live performance as he does with a studio record
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:02:14 PM »

I think its ridculous that axl isn't at the rehearshals.... he should be practising for two hours a day... because if he isn't he is going to have a rude awakening come Hammerstein.... I want him strong and ready not weak and unprepared.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 07:04:14 PM »

I think its ridculous that axl isn't at the rehearshals.... he should be practising for two hours a day... because if he isn't he is going to have a rude awakening come Hammerstein.... I want him strong and ready not weak and unprepared.

He never has before, why would he now?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
novemberrainx89
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »

nah, i think he'll rehearse...the whereabouts though i have nooo idea. But then again, the NYC are his how you say uhm.  Practice shows? <_< don't kill me if i'm wrong  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
I'm not really sure
But i'm expecting a good show, hopefully he doesn't blow off a concert lol  Tongue
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 07:17:16 PM »

Axl has been in new york all this time because that where the album is being mastered.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

I really think he will be ready for these shows. He booked 4 of them, and in NYC, where attention is going to be maximized. If he blows off a show or sucks it up voice-wise, the press will eat him alive. Even if he is not at the rehearsals with the rest of the band, i am sure he is practicing in NYC, even if he is just singing to a recording. Plus it seems he is in much better shape than he was in 02, so he shouldn't get out of breath like he did then.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 07:21:53 PM »

Axl has been in new york all this time because that where the album is being mastered.

rofl Dont get your hopes up!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »

I really think he will be ready for these shows. He booked 4 of them, and in NYC, where attention is going to be maximized. If he blows off a show or sucks it up voice-wise, the press will eat him alive. Even if he is not at the rehearsals with the rest of the band, i am sure he is practicing in NYC, even if he is just singing to a recording. Plus it seems he is in much better shape than he was in 02, so he shouldn't get out of breath like he did then.
Maybe he canceled the tour to get into shape? hihi
uzisuicide2002
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »

rofl Dont get your hopes up!

Come on there is got to be something behind him being there so long. The shows and all that. To me there more to the story here.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

A better question is, it's like three weeks until the shows, who the fuck is going to be playing guitar? Is it gonna be Richard & Robin, or is there a third guy in the mix?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 07:25:08 PM »

OK so we have a few axl sightings over the past 5 months,each one being on a night out on the town.so what does he do all the other times when hes not out boozing and partying,exactly,hes rehearsing his lines and singing techniques.dont worry about axl being in shape coz hes looking better now than he did in 2002.hes probebly done quite a bit of practice WITH the band over the past couple of years but we dont hear about that do we.hes also probebly spent sometime with the band lately that we havnt heard about. ?peace .

and who says the band aint in NY or somewhere near there.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
novemberrainx89
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »

Maybe he canceled the tour to get into shape? hihi

oooo that's lowwwwww
 rofl
but yea, he probably needs to get back in shape. he's gonna be loosing his breath out there on stage lol
uzisuicide2002
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »

A better question is, it's like three weeks until the shows, who the fuck is going to be playing guitar? Is it gonna be Richard & Robin, or is there a third guy in the mix?

At this time for a new guy to learn the songs in 3 weeks not going to happen. The only thing is if the guy has been in the fold for sometime and we just don't know it yet. OR it could be someone who has play with them before like a gilby or izzy or paul.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 07:30:39 PM »

OK so we have a few axl sightings over the past 5 months,each one being on a night out on the town.so what does he do all the other times when hes not out boozing and partying,exactly,hes rehearsing his lines and singing techniques.dont worry about axl being in shape coz hes looking better now than he did in 2002.hes probebly done quite a bit of practice WITH the band over the past couple of years but we dont hear about that do we.hes also probebly spent sometime with the band lately that we havnt heard about.  peace .

and who says the band aint in NY or somewhere near there.
I also think some of the guys are in NY. Dizzy was on Sirius last week and Sirius studios are in NYC. Surly him and Axl had to hook up while they were both in the city.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »

At this time for a new guy to learn the songs in 3 weeks not going to happen. The only thing is if the guy has been in the fold for sometime and we just don't know it yet. OR it could be someone who has play with them before like a gilby or izzy or paul.

There is no way that the 3rd guitarist is brand new in the last few weeks, or that it's a nobody. It has to be a huge name or it wouldn't be such a secret. And no that doesn't point right at slash.

Though one can hope....

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: