Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR rehearsing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR rehearsing?  (Read 10603 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2006, 01:32:28 AM »

i hope axl is in shape for the warm up gigs and tour.? in 02 he was terribly out of shape, dont get me wrong i dont expect him to be running and singing all over like he did 15 years ago but he should be able to put on a great show as long as he is in good shape.? as i ve been saying one of the worst part of the 2002 tour wasnt axl however it was the overall shows production, i hope theyre isnt micro phone problems, i hope the tours crew doesnt fuck up, the overall show just needs to be tighter.

Well apparantly Axl is the workout King at the moment so i dont think general fitness is something to worry about. In 02 he wasnt really out of shape, his new vocal style doesnt go down so well when he is running all over the place, he shouldnt be running around so much, it doesnt suit his new vocal style, he is also getting on in life.... its natural. As for the sound issue, it was a problem, but they are probably a result of the fact that the band is probably a bitch to get sounding right, not to mention the fact that Axl used to fire people from the stage back in the Appetite/Illusion days when things went wrong, my guess is that no one ever stays round long enough to get the right feel/sound of the band. Hopefully things will be different this time round. Probably not though? ok

Jonx

He sounded like shit at RIR3. Especially when he ran up n down the stage. But he didnt do all that much running in 2002 and he sounded 600% better.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2006, 03:17:41 AM »

He sounded MUCH better in RiR3, listen to boston 02... there he sounds like shit!...
i hope he sounds better now!!!
EccoTides
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 05:51:30 AM »

Yeah, I liked how he sounded at RIR3 much more than at any of the 2002 concerts - We'll see what his voice sounds like soon enough though...
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 07:22:28 AM »

Yeah, I liked how he sounded at RIR3 much more than at any of the 2002 concerts - We'll see what his voice sounds like soon enough though...

Important to note: Hammerstein is small, and is part of a "music" school infrastructure. The acoustics in this place will be 1000% better than any arena. In addition if you poke around on the venue's website, there is no end of the latest in high tech "music" gear. If Axl sounds like shit, it will be 100% obvious, there will be no blaming the sound man or the venue.

That being said, I think this place was chosen for all of the above reasons. There is a lot of layering and extra "electronica" elements to the new songs and this place is perfect to iron all that stuff out.

Can't wait for 5/12!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2006, 07:27:16 AM »

i hope axl is in shape for the warm up gigs and tour.  in 02 he was terribly out of shape, dont get me wrong i dont expect him to be running and singing all over like he did 15 years ago but he should be able to put on a great show as long as he is in good shape.  as i ve been saying one of the worst part of the 2002 tour wasnt axl however it was the overall shows production, i hope theyre isnt micro phone problems, i hope the tours crew doesnt fuck up, the overall show just needs to be tighter.

Well apparantly Axl is the workout King at the moment so i dont think general fitness is something to worry about. In 02 he wasnt really out of shape, his new vocal style doesnt go down so well when he is running all over the place, he shouldnt be running around so much, it doesnt suit his new vocal style, he is also getting on in life.... its natural. As for the sound issue, it was a problem, but they are probably a result of the fact that the band is probably a bitch to get sounding right, not to mention the fact that Axl used to fire people from the stage back in the Appetite/Illusion days when things went wrong, my guess is that no one ever stays round long enough to get the right feel/sound of the band. Hopefully things will be different this time round. Probably not though  ok

Jonx

I have to figure that some members of the band will be spotted in and around the venue now that we're under two weeks away (!!!) from the show. Maybe Axl will be spotted around there and it'll settle this issue.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »

Important to note: Hammerstein is small, and is part of a "music" school infrastructure. The acoustics in this place will be 1000% better than any arena. In addition if you poke around on the venue's website, there is no end of the latest in high tech "music" gear. If Axl sounds like shit, it will be 100% obvious, there will be no blaming the sound man or the venue.

That being said, I think this place was chosen for all of the above reasons. There is a lot of layering and extra "electronica" elements to the new songs and this place is perfect to iron all that stuff out.

Can't wait for 5/12!

Exactly!  This is the right kinda venue for him and the band to show off the sound . And hammerstein acoustically is one of the top notch venues . Arenas and stadiums you really need to have great sound engineers to bring the sound to the masses. This will be a more intimit shows , and it just comes down to GNR to perform and deliver. There are no exits , excuses if they sound bad. (which I for one doubt they will). BUT all the same at the end of the day if it sucked , then the band would have to look at itself.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2006, 10:57:07 AM »

I hope Axl gets a chance to rehearse with the band for a few days before coming to ny.....I dont wanna hear him say this is the first time he picked up a mic since msg.....these are big shows and if they deliver like they did at msg they will get a lot of praise

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »

That rock in rio recording sucks.  Not the performance but the actual recording is shitty as hell.

The best part about it was Axl's jungle opener.

That was the most amazing intro to jungle I've ever heard.  Axl had way too much space to run though. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »

I hope he at least practices...
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2006, 04:07:13 PM »

That rock in rio recording sucks.  Not the performance but the actual recording is shitty as hell.

That was the most amazing intro to jungle I've ever heard.  Axl had way too much space to run though. 

Yeah the actually broadcast was horrible, the mix was all wrong. The worst part for me were Brains drums, they sound horrible, to me that is the most vital part of any live recording, the right sort of drum sound, i dunno...... its hard to convey what im talking about, hopefully someone understands!

Jonx
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2006, 04:15:45 PM »

Yeah the actually broadcast was horrible, the mix was all wrong. The worst part for me were Brains drums, they sound horrible, to me that is the most vital part of any live recording, the right sort of drum sound, i dunno...... its hard to convey what im talking about, hopefully someone understands!

Jonx

yeah   i think i know what you`re talking about....    it sounds not "right"

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

bad news, the stage at Rock in Rio this year is massive!

Chinese Democracy!
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2006, 04:20:11 PM »

Jonx

yeah   i think i know what you`re talking about....    it sounds not "right"

to much reverb on snare! :/

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »

bad news, the stage at Rock in Rio this year is massive!

Yep, I've seen it myself Wink
godiva
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2006, 02:26:09 AM »

Maybe in the shower. It doesn't seem that he takes the time to rehearse with the band. I think that's a bad thing. He was never the kind of person to show up for rehearsal, and I think his performance suffered because of that. Hope he's a smarter boy this time around. Since the bandmembers haven't seen each other in the same room for years (not since 2002 as far as I know), I think it is very important to have the whole band in one spot, rehearsing their asses off, and that would include the frontman. Get that chemistry flowing.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2006, 06:29:53 AM »

Maybe in the shower. It doesn't seem that he takes the time to rehearse with the band. I think that's a bad thing. He was never the kind of person to show up for rehearsal, and I think his performance suffered because of that. Hope he's a smarter boy this time around. Since the bandmembers haven't seen each other in the same room for years (not since 2002 as far as I know), I think it is very important to have the whole band in one spot, rehearsing their asses off, and that would include the frontman. Get that chemistry flowing.

I just hope we don't end up with a nearly identical setlist again if he should decide not to do rehearsals.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2006, 06:33:46 AM »

I just hope we don't end up with a nearly identical setlist again if he should decide not to do rehearsals.

tommy is leading the rehearsals....   axl not rehearsing has no impact on the setlist anyway...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2006, 06:41:20 AM »

tommy is leading the rehearsals....   axl not rehearsing has no impact on the setlist anyway...

I just meant if he was there throwing out ideas and stuff. I'm sure he could do that by phone, personal messenger or Blackberry anyways.  hihi

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2006, 02:10:44 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25929.msg468873#msg468873

i just want to quote myself hihi

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2006, 01:02:09 AM »

There are alot of fx on Axls voice in the 2002 bootlegs, especially delay. Do u think it will be the same this time round? I actually like the vocal fx he had so if it is the same I wont mind.   ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE