Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Third Guitarist Question (should Buckethead rejoin or maybe even Slash?)  (Read 45005 times)
yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2006, 07:13:34 AM »

Has Finck confirmed he is still in GnR?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2006, 07:20:16 AM »

Im sure by now they either have the replacement, or they will play with only Finck and Fortus. cos it's pretty much too late for a new guy to come in now and join them in NY in a few weeks.
if that was to happen, he would have to be a freaking guitar genious like nobody else, who could learn Buckets parts in no time..oh yeah, and he would have to start rehearsing with the band in the next few days if he was to have any chance of playing all the stuff, no matter how good he is.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2006, 07:24:41 AM »

at this pont the decision is made, we just don't know what has been decided, guess we'll find out in May.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SourBaby
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2006, 09:49:48 AM »

No Way... He could be but I don't want things to explode again like they did last time..

"You Can Use Your Illusion Let it take you where it may, we live and learn but then sometimes it's best to walk away"
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2006, 09:53:25 AM »

We have only 2 options:
Fortus will play BH solos. Izzy or Huge on rythm.
New guitar player to play BH.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2006, 06:30:09 AM »

IMO there's nobody who can replace Buckethead in regards to both songwriting and playing.  Buckethead sets himself apart from other shredders and virtuosos because unlike most he is a great songwriter and is so versatile and melodic when he makes the decision to play that way.  But there are guitarists who could replace him just from the technical side.  We've heard rumors of John 5, Michael Angelo Batio, and others replacing Big B live.  They are all players who can match Buckethead in the technical skill category.  But who should it be, and who can do it?  I can't think of all that many players who could replace him technically, but I'm not really a virtuoso buff. 

The best scenario I dreamed up is that Axl has hired some unknown kid who can slay the axe like noneother, but that nobody has ever heard of.  I've met people who can slaughter the guitar but have never gotten any recognition, it would be quite cool if Axl just picked some kid up who was an unknown but can play like a beast  beer

The fact is Finck and Fortus can't play Bucket's parts.  They are both talented and skilled players and songwriters, but Buckethead's precision and technical abilities are simply on another playing field

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2006, 06:40:56 AM »

We have only 2 options:
or another one (the most likely for the momment): Fortus + Finck will switch off guitar parts (lead and rythm). 50/50. Good deal.
Besides, who knows if the BH parts haven't been changed since the demos? It may have happened lots of changements since the demos. You all are like "the band needs a shredder to play the BH solos", but maybe these solos are no longer on the final versions.... we don't know.
I guess that if they haven't hired a new guy yet, maybe it's because they don't really need one. I don't think it's vital for the band.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 06:49:06 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

We have only 2 options:
or another one (the most likely for the momment): Fortus + Finck will switch off guitar parts (lead and rythm). 50/50. Good deal.
Besides, who knows if the BH parts haven't been changed since the demos? It may have happened lots of changements since the demos. You all are like "the band needs a shredder to play the BH solos", but maybe these solos are no longer on the final versions.... we don't know.
I guess is they haven't hired a new guy yet, maybe it's because they don't really need one. I don't think it's vital for the band.

Well nesquick, I know you don't like Big B, but Dizzy and Tommy both concurred that Buckethead's parts would remain on the album.  His parts are not easy to rewrite, or delete.  He made major contributions to IRS, TWAT and Better at least. 
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2006, 06:50:03 AM »

major contribution to IRS? he just plays 10 seconds on the song.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2006, 06:54:41 AM »

And yet the Axl Scream + Buckethead Solo are agreed upon as one of if not the best moment in the new GnR songs by most fans.  IMO, the "It's a crime, you know it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue" combined with Bucket solo is in fact the coolest musical part of all the new songs, besides of course Finck's "Better" solo and Buckethead's outro on "TWAT".  Axl's vocals on all the new songs are MASSIVE, but these are the best guitar parts IMO.  And after witnessing MSG 2002  and several BHead showslive, I'm convicned Buckethead is the man.  The NR outro with Bucket blows the doors off any of the Finck/Fortus '02 solos, and the Nigthtrain BH solo was one of the coolest solos I've ever heard by any man
Jonathan
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

10 seconds? How do you know that?

I'm pretty sure he's the one who plays the guitar parts on the song with Robin.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2006, 07:02:53 AM »

10 seconds? How do you know that?

I'm pretty sure he's the one who plays the guitar parts on the song with Robin.

And even if Big B only played 10 seconds, it's still one of the best 10 second stretches in NuGnR's lineage.  That "It's a crime you know it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue" stretch is one of the cooles GnR sets that's occurred since 1993
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2006, 07:04:16 AM »

We have only 2 options:
I guess is they haven't hired a new guy yet, maybe it's because they don't really need one. I don't think it's vital for the band.

Well nesquick, I know you don't like Big B, but Dizzy and Tommy both concurred that Buckethead's parts would remain on the album.  His parts are not easy to rewrite, or delete.  He made major contributions to IRS, TWAT and Better at least. 

well.... all those songs (except for better which bucket wrote), were written around 1998-2000. bucket wasn`t even in the band then and he just recorded some solos for them.  i really like his IRS solo, but the best "part" of that song is the whole melody and axl`s lyrics by the way.... of course he`s a loss in regards of writing ability though. it`s just, that robin finck is the most important part of this new gnr ok

there are many possibilities....

it`s possible that the pre-bucket versions of the songs will be released on CD, bucket`s work stays.. or some parts were rerecorded....  we`ll see.... i don`t give a shit what dizzy said one year ago ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2006, 07:05:46 AM »

since 1993
hihi ok

wait for the album dudes....or at least for the new york shows ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2006, 12:59:33 PM »

8 days until this question is answered.  peace
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2006, 01:02:06 PM »

Bitter enemies, Mr. I?

I never thought Bucket could have an enemy; he is such a gentle person.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2006, 01:04:40 PM »

Bitter enemies, Mr. I?

I never thought Bucket could have an enemy; he is such a gentle person.

Quote was from a tech of his.... it seemed he was very sure of the situation. The tech also said "the work buckethead did for that album was amazing, I wonder if that idiot Axl is going to use.." etc... he seemed to be very anti-axl and I went along with it just to see how much I could get out of him. I acted like I was tottaly on B.H's side.
brobot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »

I still laugh when I think of Axl's press release about Buckethead where he calls him inconsistent, erratic and the source of uncertainity and confusion. The hypocrisy is stunning. Uncertainity and confusion? I guess he means kind of like we're all feeling with no press release, release date, lineup, and threads wondering if the shows will be cancelled or not. Don't get me wrong - I'm still a fan - I've invested a lot of money on going to the NY shows next week - but if they get cancelled or end early, only one person is responsible - and I'm not referring to a random fan who takes a photo or wears the wrong t-shirt.

http://www.gawker.com/topic/worst_press_release_axl_rose_v_buckethead_014497.php
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2006, 03:53:39 PM »

what if theres no 3rd guitarist?? Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »

what if theres no 3rd guitarist?? Huh

then i'm sure richard and robin can handle their duties alone beer

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: