Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:46:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 14th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 14th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 92733 times)
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #620 on: May 15, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »

Yestersday was my first guns n roses concert b4 and it was fuckin amazing and a half. Axl looked and sounded great he moved around a lot and talked to the crowed. Said we were louder then pl friday and the fucking place went ballistic. i cant talk from screaming and my legs feel like jello. Kravits was there and this mad hot blonde and her friend were on the side areas. It was a fucking blast everyone was always into the show and never stopped cheereing. Smelled like weed Grin a lot of weed Grin. It was an awesome show have fun who ever is going tonight. The only thing i can say i wish they did is play twat or maddy. But rq was played and it sounded cool and BF the new guy is fucking awesome guitar player!! THE SHOW KICKED ASS!!!! Bach was awesome too same as friday started to sing youre crazy.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #621 on: May 15, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »

Yeah Axl said they were both saying "I am so sick of you" to each other just a few days ago but then he said  that at the show they were having a blast together!!!
Part of being in a band/family I guess. Seemed like it was all water under the bridge at this point with no hard feelings. Axl was sharing the mike with Tommy a few times and dancing around him!!

That might explain why after hugging Tommy on-stage he said "You dont know how much that meant to me."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #622 on: May 15, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »

That might explain why after hugging Tommy on-stage he said "You dont know how much that meant to me."
good point

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #623 on: May 15, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »

Yeah Axl said they were both saying "I am so sick of you" to each other just a few days ago but then he said  that at the show they were having a blast together!!!
Part of being in a band/family I guess. Seemed like it was all water under the bridge at this point with no hard feelings. Axl was sharing the mike with Tommy a few times and dancing around him!!

How sweet.
I hope this story kills all the bloody asskisser/lapdog/yesman callings.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #624 on: May 15, 2006, 01:34:01 PM »

Jesus fucking Christ.  I just heard a few songs from the show last night.  I am a bootleg collecting freak and have over a hundred GNR bootlegs in various forms and this is honestly the best I have ever heard Axl sing.  That mother fucker is back and better than he ever has been.  I'm floored listening to these songs.  I'm fucking stunned right now.  Holy fucking shit.  It makes me feel so good and I'm sure many others feel the same, that after waiting so long and remaining so loyal to this man and his band, he is finally back and really the best in the world again.  His voice is in top shape.  He looks great and lost the sports jerseys finally. You can really tell he wants to be out there and is finally ready to be.  Bring on Chinese Fucking Democracy.  I hope he re-recorded some vocals with the way his voice is sounding right now.  GNR IS FUCKING BACK FOLKS!!!!  Everyone have fun tonight and on Wednesday and be safe and look out for one another.  GNR baby!!!  I saw them in '02 and I thought being there live he sounded fucking amazing, but then you hear some of the boots and he doesn't sound that great.  These past two shows are a whole different level of rock n' roll.  I'm so glad Bumblefoot is there.  The band actually feels and sounds like a real band now.  Congrats to Axl and the boys.  You all fucking rock!!!

Mitch

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #625 on: May 15, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »

Where is the freakin audio...?!  nervous
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #626 on: May 15, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »

Where is the freakin audio...?! nervous

Check out the Appetite for Collection section  ok
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #627 on: May 15, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »

Where is the freakin audio...?!  nervous

Two songs in the Appetite for Collection section, where they should be!!!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley  And they sound good as fuck.

EDIT: Ok Jimmy, you beat me by 5 seconds on that one.

gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #628 on: May 15, 2006, 01:49:24 PM »

What a night is all I can say, I was super drunk, hung out till after 1am, enjoed the show etc

My highlight was meeting ron out the back entrance after the show...He's from brooklyn, he signed my ticket really cool mentioning a pizza place we spoke of..? Very short guy, but sweet as could be.. I respect the man very much, he stood out there with us answering everything..

Joe satriani had something to do with getting him into new guns as he said... We just talked a lot I even hugged the dude... I really let him know how great it was that he was out there showing us such love..

Bach also came out and signed but left quickly, thenn old uncle axl jumped into an suv without even waving to any of us, he was with beta I noticed her in the car...

Ron thal, or bumblefoot I asked him... He evenbtually said ron, he had a lot of no comments.. I told him I don't call it gnr, snuck it in, but he's a slash fan so it was really cool

great night, great guy...
Starts all over now

everyone I met at mh's was great, gunslinger very cool, the whole night was awesome.. Sorry I was so drunk hihi

Who's Beta? (AXl's girlfriend I would assume, but what else do you guys know)

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
shaun
« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »

The audio from lastnight. Axl singing better, did it really sound like it does on the bootleg. If it did sound like it does on the bootleg, then his voice sounded shot to bits. Sure hope i am wrong, and it was only the bootleg making it sound that way.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2006, 02:01:19 PM »

What a night is all I can say, I was super drunk, hung out till after 1am, enjoed the show etc

My highlight was meeting ron out the back entrance after the show...He's from brooklyn, he signed my ticket really cool mentioning a pizza place we spoke of..  Very short guy, but sweet as could be.. I respect the man very much, he stood out there with us answering everything..

Joe satriani had something to do with getting him into new guns as he said... We just talked a lot I even hugged the dude... I really let him know how great it was that he was out there showing us such love..

Bach also came out and signed but left quickly, thenn old uncle axl jumped into an suv without even waving to any of us, he was with beta I noticed her in the car...

Ron thal, or bumblefoot I asked him... He evenbtually said ron, he had a lot of no comments.. I told him I don't call it gnr, snuck it in, but he's a slash fan so it was really cool

great night, great guy...
Starts all over now

everyone I met at mh's was great, gunslinger very cool, the whole night was awesome.. Sorry I was so drunk hihi

Who's Beta? (AXl's girlfriend I would assume, but what else do you guys know)

Beta is not his girlfriend.  It's been his personal assistant and really good friend (almost like a mother figure)  for many many years.  I'm not sure what else she does for him these days.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #631 on: May 15, 2006, 02:05:37 PM »

The audio from lastnight. Axl singing better, did it really sound like it does on the bootleg. If it did sound like it does on the bootleg, then his voice sounded shot to bits. Sure hope i am wrong, and it was only the bootleg making it sound that way.

I'm confused by what you're asking?  I think Axl did a hell of a job singing better.  He actually had that trademark Axl rasp to his voice finally.  It wasn't all shot to hell like during most of the Illusion tour. 

crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #632 on: May 15, 2006, 02:07:12 PM »

Did anyone else notice that Axl messed up the last verse in RQ last night?  I think he did anyway...

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Origen
« Reply #633 on: May 15, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »

I'm confused by what you're asking?? I think Axl did a hell of a job singing better.? He actually had that trademark Axl rasp to his voice finally.? It wasn't all shot to hell like during most of the Illusion tour.?

From the bootleg his voice doesn't sound that much different from 2002, but like I've said before I'll wait till I hear a soundboard before comment further on it.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #634 on: May 15, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »

Axl didn't sound as good as Friday - which is understandable as A) he was phenomenal on Friday and B ) he has to go from doing no shows in 3 years to doing a few in a short time period, which cannot be easy...

Having said this, I have only heard two songs from last night so maybe I should reserve judgment until I've heard the full show...
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #635 on: May 15, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »

no blues tonight either! no brownstone!!! about 4-5 less songs tonight...

duhhh, huh? they played both those songs... Huh Huh
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #636 on: May 15, 2006, 03:05:15 PM »

old uncle axl jumped into an suv without even waving to any of us, he was with beta I noticed her in the car...

na,  he waved.. just didn't stop to sign anything or talk to anyone  Undecided

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
There Was A Time
Opening Act

Lonely Teardrops Calling Me.....

« Reply #637 on: May 15, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »

how was axl's voice last night? and will there be any video boots?
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #638 on: May 15, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »

old uncle axl jumped into an suv without even waving to any of us, he was with beta I noticed her in the car...

na,? he waved.. just didn't stop to sign anything or talk to anyone? Undecided

Around what time was this? right after the end of the show or like 1hr or more later?

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #639 on: May 15, 2006, 03:29:10 PM »

I'm confused by what you're asking?? I think Axl did a hell of a job singing better.? He actually had that trademark Axl rasp to his voice finally.? It wasn't all shot to hell like during most of the Illusion tour.?

From the bootleg his voice doesn't sound that much different from 2002, but like I've said before I'll wait till I hear a soundboard before comment further on it.

Obviously you folks weren't at the show.   rofl  "Doesn't sound that much different from '02,"   rofl

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: