Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Download festival!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Download festival!  (Read 69640 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #400 on: February 15, 2006, 06:59:09 PM »

No no no! I love Slash! Never done anything to me.. But he did mention a release in March.. and it could be a "tiny" joke, and turn out to be GH2 ..

But lets back to the topic!
If AC/DC, METALLICA, GNR turned out to play at the download festival. How big do you think this would?
 3 of the biggest rock/metal band in history! I would buy tickets right away Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »

No no no! I love Slash! Never done anything to me.. But he did mention a release in March.. and it could be a "tiny" joke, and turn out to be GH2 ..

Ahhh, there is an idea that hasn't been posted before. intriguing...........

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2006, 04:52:33 AM »

If this has been posted in any fashion before, you have my apology. If this is true though, thank god i have my tickets already. 3 days of bliss.

http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/article.php3?id_article=17

"The Admin for the official Queen message board has made a few posts regarding GN?R activity this year.... Regarding Download Festival [1], he wrote:

"I hear from a good source...the three headliners are...mindblowing if you ask me. Metallica AC/DC Guns N? Roses - (Axl and Friends)"

Then when I asked him whether he has heard about Rock In Rio-Lisbon this year he replied... "Nope, but outdoor shows seem the way they are going. I have a friend who used to work for Guns and" she said Greatest Hits 2 is due in March/April, then finally the new album."
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2006, 05:15:05 AM »

Sounds good, but the GH2 part sucks. They didn't have two albums worth of hits!

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Megaguns
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2006, 05:49:17 AM »

If this has been posted in any fashion before, you have my apology. If this is true though, thank god i have my tickets already. 3 days of bliss.

"The Admin for the official Queen message board has made a few posts regarding GN?R activity this year.... Regarding Download Festival [1], he wrote:

"I hear from a good source...the three headliners are...mindblowing if you ask me. Metallica AC/DC Guns N? Roses - (Axl and Friends)"

Then when I asked him whether he has heard about Rock In Rio-Lisbon this year he replied... "Nope, but outdoor shows seem the way they are going. I have a friend who used to work for Guns and" she said Greatest Hits 2 is due in March/April, then finally the new album."
Does that mean new gnr? or old gnr reunion? there is so much GNR internet content atm i dont know what to think anymore
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2006, 05:53:13 AM »

Does that mean new gnr? or old gnr reunion? there is so much GNR internet content atm i dont know what to think anymore

it means old and new, with brian may and moby and shaq plus AA as the opening act! hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
shaun
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2006, 10:59:52 AM »

I was standing in a shop about an hour ago. There was this loud big haired person talking very loudly, he came across as a know it all type. He comfirmed to the entire shop that he was going to the Download festival, Metallica were going to be there and Guns N'Roses were headlining according to management, although they (GNR) may not turn up as Axl Rose is temperamental and likes to walk off stage half ay through sets.

so funny to hear  hihi
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:05:27 AM by D0badog » Logged
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #407 on: February 17, 2006, 11:04:56 AM »

it means old and new, with brian may and moby and shaq plus AA as the opening act! hihi

I know we arent going to hear that stuff, but I really hope that someday we get to hear EVERYTHING that went into the making of CD- Navarro, Shaq, Zakk Wylde, Moby etc....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #408 on: February 17, 2006, 11:05:31 AM »

FYI, I pm'd him on the queen board directly.

I'd say don't take everything he said as gospel and we'll leave it at that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #409 on: February 17, 2006, 11:09:11 AM »

And according to Martin from Velvet-Revolver.com in the latest Kerrang! issue there are "hints" towards GnR:

In the new issue of Kerrang there is a lot about Download festival.

In the contents page where it lists the confirmed acts and tells you which page to read about em, there is a phrase next to each one......

and all of them are GNR song titles.? This seems like the biggest hint ever.? I am contacting my sources at the moment to try and establish some fact.
?

Is this edition of Kerrang! out now?

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »

And according to Martin from Velvet-Revolver.com in the latest Kerrang! issue there are "hints" towards GnR:

In the new issue of Kerrang there is a lot about Download festival.

In the contents page where it lists the confirmed acts and tells you which page to read about em, there is a phrase next to each one......

and all of them are GNR song titles.  This seems like the biggest hint ever.  I am contacting my sources at the moment to try and establish some fact.

Is this edition of Kerrang! out now?

+ some examples?   

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2006, 07:18:52 PM »

^ In the inside cover, where they have pics of all the 'artistes' in the edition, there is the name of a Guns track above each one, 'Pretty Tied Up', 'Estranged', and 'One In A Million'.

There is no other mention of Guns in the mag...

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #412 on: March 25, 2006, 05:40:28 PM »

How many people will be at Download?  Looking at Halfin's pictures of VR at Download last year, it looks like 100K or so??

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/velvet-revolver/velvet-revolver10.html

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »

How many people will be at Download?  Looking at Halfin's pictures of VR at Download last year, it looks like 100K or so??

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/velvet-revolver/velvet-revolver10.html

I believe it is 80,000. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:57 PM »

I think it's more important at the moment to focus on the "exclusive" part... like in the UK tour thread, this tells us that a UK tour can't happen if GNR are at Download.  It's almost a confirmation.   peace

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2006, 12:45:39 PM »

That's cool. I can't wait.
S.P.I.K.E.
Headliner

« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2006, 06:42:40 PM »

Good or bad? Ppersonally i think its gonna be great.... im gonna be getting pretty warm down there. I have visions of a bootleg appearing and it just shows me basically dead near the front. I guess i will be taking alot of water. beer

www.gnrstrip.com

www.gnrstrip.com/blog - The Latest GNR related stories
S.P.I.K.E.
Headliner

« Reply #417 on: April 12, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »

well i kinda hope GNR will start on time this year though  Grin

www.gnrstrip.com

www.gnrstrip.com/blog - The Latest GNR related stories
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.