Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:10:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Please Drop Patience
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please Drop Patience  (Read 12103 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 10:23:20 AM »

patience does SUCK
so does LALD (i always hated this song, and the fire balls are just creepy and scary Smiley ) i think robin almost got burned by one.

really.
they should drop a lot of the old songs and play the new songs ... but hey, people will just stand there ... i hated how NO BODY was enjoying the new songs ... fcuk that.

manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 10:26:39 AM »

Not enough energy in the new version. I've seen the new band 3 times now and every time the crowd just falls asleep. Now if they want to do the 1st half acoustically I think it would be great!

you have no idea what the fuck your talkin' about, sure, i havnt seen the new band live, but (THANX GUNNERDOWNUNDER) i've seen RIR 3 n' MSG 02'!!!

ROBIN fk'n FINCK puts a whole new feel to PATIENCE, n' i appluade him for it.....BIG TIME!!!

Please NO NOT drop Patience./.................thanx Angry Angry beer beer beer beer drool drool

p.s.........Aussies.....fuck Mundine!!! ? ? just got home, im drunk!!!? ?beer Shocked Shocked:beer: beer beer beer beer

I never really liked the song live.

P.S In how many hours does the Mundine fight start? I'm in the US.

dude, your (accordin' to my mum) around 16 to 18 hours behind us....!!!? have fun!!

? ROBIN FUCKIN; FINCK!!? ?beer beer
no. beautiful song, all-time classic.
people wanna hear it live again after all this time, not everyone listens to old bootlegs every day.

thats right dude ok ok ok ok.....some of the people on this site havta realize that!!!

Not enough energy in the new version. I've seen the new band 3 times now and every time the crowd just falls asleep. Now if they want to do the 1st half acoustically I think it would be great!

I have to agree.? Of all the boots I have of the new band doing this song, I don't have one that has any emotion.? The band just doesn't seem that interested.

what the fuck are YOU? talkin' about, he isnt a Slash wannabe, he's the (not so new) new man, that FINCK solo for Patience is UNREAL, new feel, new soul, FUCKIN' BEAUTIFULL.......................thats all i can say about it!!! drool? drool drool drooldrool drool drool drool drool

I think you need to calm down.

The new band is great, I just don't think they pull of patience too well.

People have varying opinions, theres nothing wrong with that.

I know!!!.....so HERE'S MINE MOTHERFUCKER!!! ok ok ok ok

just found out you're about 10hrs ahead, and the fight just ended. Mundine won. I was gonna watch in on tv but Undecided
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »

patience does SUCK
so does LALD (i always hated this song, and the fire balls are just creepy and scary Smiley ) i think robin almost got burned by one.

really.
they should drop a lot of the old songs and play the new songs ... but hey, people will just stand there ... i hated how NO BODY was enjoying the new songs ... fcuk that.

i can't believe a guns n' roses fan would say patience sucks... hard to give you any credibility after that one... but hey, to each his own... and how can you say "no one" enjoyed the new songs? the place was packed with die-hards, they must have loved it!

FINCK FAN SINCE 2001, FUCK THE FRAUDS!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 10:28:06 AM »

patience does SUCK

really.

Maybe 'cause this is a warm up show..................WARM UP ok ok ok ok ok

people who dont have the net dont know whata expect, REALIZE THIS!!!! rant rant ok ok ok

Live n' Let Die rocks, why do u hate it?HuhHuhHuhHuh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »

it takes a good single and video for them to start giving the new songs respect. Look at madagascar..the crowd went nuts for it just because the mtv thing. they recognized it
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 10:31:27 AM »

patience does SUCK

really.

i can't believe a guns n' roses fan would say patience sucks... hard to give you any credibility after that one... but hey, to each his own... and how can you say "no one" enjoyed the new songs? the place was packed with die-hards, they must have loved it!

it's a lot of people favorite song and I see a lot of people trying to sing along but you look at their faces and  they're just like wtf is this!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 10:33:49 AM »

PATIENCE > I love the song
i was talking about them playing it live.

it doesnt do it for me.
id rather hear catcher in the rye or something new. or breakdown Smiley

about LALD i always hated it. live and studio. i just dont like the song.
and the fire balls are too warm  Grin Grin Grin

i understand people not knowing the words to the new songs, but they could have AT LEAST been jumping around and looked like the were enjoying it ....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:35:43 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 11:11:33 AM »

I agree...heres a few songs that should be dropped/added

Drop         Add
Patience    Dont Damn Me
KOHD         CITR
LALD          Dont Cry
MM            OMG 

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »

id rather hear catcher in the rye

Co-sign.

Origen
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »

Why are people bringing up who plays guitar on it live, I don't care who the fuck plays it, it still sounds shit live. Album version yes great song, live no.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 11:18:05 AM »

Don't Cry would be nice. can you believe out of the 20 songs they only play 4 illusion songs! i don't know why they don't give UYI more respect
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

I agree with that. 

For a lot of fans the show would have more of a true GN'R feel to it with more UYI material.

Civil War, Breakdown, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Estranged - good stuff.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 11:26:26 AM »

For those who say they should only play more new songs are forgetting that the album ain't out. You might not get the response you hope for as an artist when you play allot more new songs without the album beeing sinked in to the masses. Seriously, you don't want that. A song is much cooler when there's history to it, or at least an album version which we all love. The reception will always be better afterwards.

Secondly, I love to hear patience. You know why? I never ever ever ever saw the band. I never have seen Axl perform and I seriously would love to hear the old songs. It would be so fucking special to me. Please don't drop it. There are allot more people like me who would love to hear Axl perform classics.

The new songs will do fine once the album is released ya know. Then those new songs will be / or could be; considered as classics, sorts. Ofcourse, the die-hard fans know TWAT, IRS, Better and the like. But if they'd play more new songs without the album beeing released the'd kill the 'atmosphere' in a show. Not cause the songs ain't good enough, they are great. But simple cause people need songs to sink in. To find a place for it's lyrics, melodies. Getting used to it, relating.

*sigh*

anyways, rock on all. Very happy times for all Guns fans! Be happy with what you get. Cause well.......He could pull the plug anytime we all know.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 11:28:11 AM »

i can't believe the band members aren't getting tired of playing other's people songs.
they should go on strike and force axl to let 'em play songs they worked on ...

anyway.
it's all good to us.
as long as they play madagascar/better it's fine with me

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 11:34:27 AM »

its doesnt sound the same wiothout slash, the best version of patience IMO is at st louis 91

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »

its doesnt sound the same wiothout slash, the best version of patience IMO is at st louis 91

"slaaaash!!! where is slaaaash?"

Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »

I agree...heres a few songs that should be dropped/added

? ?Drop? ? ? ? ?Add
Patience? ? Dont Damn Me
KOHD? ? ? ? ?CITR
LALD? ? ? ? ? Dont Cry
MM? ? ? ? ? ? OMG?

YEAH! Except instead of Don't Damn Me, I'd want Back Off Bitch  Grin

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:05 AM »

i can't believe the band members aren't getting tired of playing other's people songs.

anyway.
it's all good to us.

US? Speak for yourself idiot, i don't give a fuck about CD songs until the album is released and has been judged accordingly. You newbie fans need to show some respect for the proven classics, including PATIENCE, that sound as fresh today as they did 15-20 years ago. THAT is the mark of a great song. How can the band members be tired of playing "other peoples songs" when they 1. Never played the studio versions in the first place and 2. Have only had to play them live about a dozen (if that) times so far. ?rant
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2006, 11:39:48 AM »

bugging aint no noob, dood.

i would like to see some more variation in the setlist, but you can't not play patience.
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2006, 11:40:04 AM »

anyway.
it's all good to us.

US? Speak for yourself idiot, i don't give a fuck about CD songs until the album is released and has been judged accordingly. You newbie fans need to show some respect for the proven classics, including PATIENCE, that sound as fresh today as they did 15-20 years ago. THAT is the mark of a great song. How can the band members be tired of playing "other peoples songs" when they 1. Never played the studio versions in the first place and 2. Have only had to play them live about a dozen (if that) times so far. ?rant

i love how every time there's an insult on this board it's by a newbie...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: