Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:32:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Please Drop Patience
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please Drop Patience  (Read 12297 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2006, 11:42:56 AM »

i can't believe the band members aren't getting tired of playing other's people songs.
they should go on strike and force axl to let 'em play songs they worked on ...

anyway.
it's all good to us.
as long as they play madagascar/better it's fine with me

US? Speak for yourself idiot, i don't give a fuck about CD songs until the album is released and has been judged accordingly. You newbie fans need to show some respect for the proven classics, including PATIENCE, that sound as fresh today as they did 15-20 years ago. THAT is the mark of a great song. How can the band members be tired of playing "other peoples songs" when they 1. Never played the studio versions in the first place and 2. Have only had to play them live about a dozen (if that) times so far.  rant

again the issue is not that people don't like the song but that people don't like the current version. the audience is bored
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2006, 11:50:38 AM »

i can't believe the band members aren't getting tired of playing other's people songs.

anyway.
it's all good to us.

US? Speak for yourself idiot, i don't give a fuck about CD songs until the album is released and has been judged accordingly. You newbie fans need to show some respect for the proven classics, including PATIENCE, that sound as fresh today as they did 15-20 years ago. THAT is the mark of a great song. How can the band members be tired of playing "other peoples songs" when they 1. Never played the studio versions in the first place and 2. Have only had to play them live about a dozen (if that) times so far.? rant

again the issue is not that people don't like the song but that people don't like the current version. the audience is bored

In that case it shows that this new bunch can't do justice to some of the old material by fucking around with it. I'm yet to see anyone say they like the new bands version of YCBM and now we can add Patience to the list as well then... I'd love to see them butcher Estranged again like in '92. No one can match Slash's amazing guitar work on that seminal classic.  ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »

Think of it as a break from the battle in the pit Grin

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2006, 11:53:53 AM »

i quite like the guitar on ycbm, especially the now redundant bucketheads stuff. hopefully thal can improve on it.

the song was by no means tight, but i can honestly say i liked it.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2006, 12:51:34 PM »

i would like to see some more variation in the setlist, but you can't not play patience.

exactly...its too big not to be there..though i agree, maybe tinkering the arrangement might make it more of a crowd pleaser, if it's not now (in 2002 in Boston people loved it).

as for them apparently not doing more UYI songs, the interview with eddie trunk indicates to me that axl has somewhat of a sour feeling towards those albums now, maybe to the point where he just has no interest in playing em'.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Shirell
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »

I love this song, I don't care what version, arrangement or whatever they do as long as they do the song on the 7th.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2006, 01:09:55 PM »

honestly, i would drop patience and lald ... id would have played twat and civil war in there place

I like that idea.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2006, 01:14:40 PM »

anyway.
it's all good to us.

US? Speak for yourself idiot, i don't give a fuck about CD songs until the album is released and has been judged accordingly. You newbie fans need to show some respect for the proven classics, including PATIENCE, that sound as fresh today as they did 15-20 years ago. THAT is the mark of a great song. How can the band members be tired of playing "other peoples songs" when they 1. Never played the studio versions in the first place and 2. Have only had to play them live about a dozen (if that) times so far. ?rant

i'm not gonna answer on the noob thing [ thanks 2na Wink ]
and i think they played these "classics" songs like thousands time.

again 2na is right about variety, but i saw the show 2 nights in a ROW and it still did it for me.
the craziness is still there.

also, what could kick ass, if they have like 300 songs for CD, why not throw a couple of silly unreleased trakcs or so that WONT be on cd, that'd be cool.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2006, 01:17:03 PM »

Speaking of dropping songs, they should drop my michelle, and for some shows drop LALD and Knockin', plus it seems like they have dropped think about you, which is good.  Eventually they should drop a lot of the older songs and maybe put them back in the set just occasionally.  I even think they should drop Out ta get me sometimes? and even some of the bigger hits shouldn't be played at every show.
Patience is too big to drop I think and plus its like the theme song for the making of Chinese Democracy!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »

Patience was amazing............... do not drop Axl!!!!
hally187
Rocker

Booooiiiiiiinnnngggg

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2006, 02:28:49 PM »

Leeds 2002 was the only good live version i've seen this band do of patience (albeit a bootleg) the studio version is a masterpiece, but I think its too outdated, I'd love to see them play one in a million instead, just once, itd rock
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »

Aside from one or two of the signature classics, I was not enthralled by the old songs. Nothing against the new band, but I wanted to hear the new stuff. At this point, I see this band as the producers of TWAT, CITR, CD, Madagascar, et al. and not the band that plays NR, PC, WTTJ...

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2006, 03:16:55 PM »

I'd like to see Axl Phase out....

Patience
Out ta get me
My Michelle (this was time cool though cuz bach)
Live and let die
Knockin on heavens door

Phase in......
Estranged
Coma
Locomotive
Pretty Tied up
Civil War

However, still play Patience sometimes........
Origen
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »

Patience
Out ta get me
Live and let die
Knockin on heavens door

Phase in......
Estranged
Coma
Locomotive
Pretty Tied up
Civil War

I think that's what the majority of people want  Undecided  (Also Don't Cry  hihi)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2006, 03:29:40 PM »

Patience
Out ta get me
Live and let die
Knockin on heavens door

Phase in......
Estranged
Coma
Locomotive
Pretty Tied up
Civil War

I think that's what the majority of people want? Undecided? (Also Don't Cry? hihi)

I think by the fall it will happen... I can't wait until we get a set with 9 new songs, 9 old... would be the perfect blend.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2006, 03:34:10 PM »

yeah that would be ideal for me.  half old and half new.. and rotate some in and out!!

Patience
Out ta get me
Live and let die
Knockin on heavens door

Phase in......
Estranged
Coma
Locomotive
Pretty Tied up
Civil War

I think that's what the majority of people want  Undecided  (Also Don't Cry  hihi)

I think by the fall it will happen... I can't wait until we get a set with 9 new songs, 9 old... would be the perfect blend.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2006, 03:40:25 PM »

Even though I love Patience, but I personally would like them to drop patience and fill Madagascar in its place from now on.

People are saying how Patience is a buzzkill and what not, and then theres people saying madagascar kills momentum.
so replace patience with a new song being Madagascar.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
AXLsCrashDiet
Opening Act

West Coast struttin

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »

You can't take Patience out it's a signature GNR tune like Jungle or SCOM.?

? ?If I recall Estranged and Coma are very very hard to play live so maybe Axl doesn't think they are ready to pull out songs like that yet.
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »

Patience
Out ta get me
Live and let die
Knockin on heavens door

Phase in......
Estranged
Coma
Locomotive
Pretty Tied up
Civil War

I think that's what the majority of people want? Undecided? (Also Don't Cry? hihi)

Haha, there's some real dumb fucks out there i swear! NO band with as much classic material as Guns is gonna play NINE songs off one new disc, that's ludicrous. Add in the fact that this line up isn't good enough to pull off Estranged, Coma or Civil War with the same integrity and soul as the AFD or UYI line ups and you can punt these pipe dreams into touch. Next!  Grin
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »

Patience
Out ta get me
Live and let die
Knockin on heavens door

Phase in......
Estranged
Coma
Locomotive
Pretty Tied up
Civil War

Haha, there's some real dumb fucks out there i swear! NO band with as much classic material as Guns is gonna play NINE songs off one new disc, that's ludicrous. Add in the fact that this line up isn't good enough to pull off Estranged, Coma or Civil War with the same integrity and soul as the AFD or UYI line ups and you can punt these pipe dreams into touch. Next!? Grin

The old songs might not happen... but by the fall, we'll get 9 songs from the new disc, for certain. Whether or not the new band can pull off the old tunes can be debated until the world stops turning. confused
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: