Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Please Drop Patience
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please Drop Patience  (Read 12102 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:14 AM »

Not enough energy in the new version. I've seen the new band 3 times now and every time the crowd just falls asleep. Now if they want to do the 1st half acoustically I think it would be great!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:45:49 AM »

honestly, i would drop patience and lald ... id would have played twat and civil war in there place

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:47:42 AM »

Not enough energy in the new version. I've seen the new band 3 times now and every time the crowd just falls asleep. Now if they want to do the 1st half acoustically I think it would be great!

you have no idea what the fuck your talkin' about, sure, i havnt seen the new band live, but (THANX GUNNERDOWNUNDER beer beer ) i've seen RIR 3 n' MSG 02'!!!

ROBIN fk'n FINCK puts a whole new feel to PATIENCE, n' i appluade him for it.....BIG TIME!!!

Please NO NOT drop Patience./.................thanx Angry Angry beer beer beer beer drool drool

p.s.........Aussies.....fuck Mundine!!!     just got home, im drunk!!!   beer Shocked Shocked:beer: beer beer beer beer
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:54:16 AM by ClintroN - Rise Of DemocracY » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:47:57 AM »

no. beautiful song, all-time classic.
people wanna hear it live again after all this time, not everyone listens to old bootlegs every day.

FINCK FAN SINCE 2001, FUCK THE FRAUDS!!!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:49:35 AM »

I have to agree. ?Of all the boots I have of the new band doing this song, I don't have one that has any emotion. ?The band just doesn't seem that interested.

ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »

people wanna hear it live again after all this time, not everyone listens to old bootlegs every day.

thats right dude ok ok ok ok.....some of the people on this site havta realize that!!!

I have to agree.  Of all the boots I have of the new band doing this song, I don't have one that has any emotion.  The band just doesn't seem that interested.

what the fuck are YOU  talkin' about, he isnt a Slash wannabe, he's the (not so new) new man, that FINCK solo for Patience is UNREAL, new feel, new soul, FUCKIN' BEAUTIFULL.......................thats all i can say about it!!! drool  drool drool drooldrool drool drool drool drool
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:53:41 AM by ClintroN - Rise Of DemocracY » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:53:09 AM »

you have no idea what the fuck your talkin' about, sure, i havnt seen the new band live, but (THANX GUNNERDOWNUNDER) i've seen RIR 3 n' MSG 02'!!!

ROBIN fk'n FINCK puts a whole new feel to PATIENCE, n' i appluade him for it.....BIG TIME!!!

Please NO NOT drop Patience./.................thanx Angry Angry beer beer beer beer drool drool

p.s.........Aussies.....fuck Mundine!!! ? ? just got home, im drunk!!!? ?beer Shocked Shocked:beer: beer beer beer beer

I never really liked the song live.

P.S In how many hours does the Mundine fight start? I'm in the US.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »

thats right dude ok ok ok ok.....some of the people on this site havta realize that!!!

I have to agree.? Of all the boots I have of the new band doing this song, I don't have one that has any emotion.? The band just doesn't seem that interested.

what the fuck are YOU? talkin' about, he isnt a Slash wannabe, he's the (not so new) new man, that FINCK solo for Patience is UNREAL, new feel, new soul, FUCKIN' BEAUTIFULL.......................thats all i can say about it!!! drool? drool drool drooldrool drool drool drool drool

I think you need to calm down.

The new band is great, I just don't think they pull of patience too well.

People have varying opinions, theres nothing wrong with that.

Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 09:58:38 AM »

honestly, i would drop patience and lald ... id would have played twat and civil war in there place

Yeah and IMO, drop Knockin' On Heaven's Door unless it's the 80s/90s version!

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 09:58:45 AM »

I'm not a fan of the new version but I have accepted the fact that it'll stay...its a huge hit and what the song represents is very important. For those that don't know it was written two calm the crowd down when they got 2 rowdy and after those 2 kids died (in Donnington I beleive in '88) it became a staple in the set....so top-hatted one it still seems to work til this day.

The Show @ Donnington will be a very special performance of this song i think Cry Smiley

hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »

i haven't heard the new version, unless it's the same as in rio 2001. can anyone upload it? thanx!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:02 AM »

i haven't heard the new version, unless it's the same as in rio 2001. can anyone upload it? thanx!

yeah the new version refers to Robin's rendition peace

hammerstein2006
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:01:47 AM »

do you have it? can you upload it for me? thanx man.
and while on the subject of robin, why is everyone kissin' robin's ass now? especially the people (not you neemo) who called him a fag and a horrible guitar player before. fucking disguisting to see.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 10:05:05 AM »

Keep in mind that patience was never a song that had alot of energy.  It's a slow song, so you can't expect the band to be into it like they would nighttrain or paradise city.
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »

I also do not like so much the new versions of Patience and KOHD, but they will always stay alltime classics. Personally I would think it was very sad if they only played Appetite and new songs.

Maybe they should really go back to the old versions. Nontheless when I saw the band play Patience in 2002 the crowd went fuckin insane and kept on cheering for like 5 minutes when the song ended.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 10:12:45 AM »

Keep in mind that patience was never a song that had alot of energy.? It's a slow song, so you can't expect the band to be into it like they would nighttrain or paradise city.

It's a slow song? Roll Eyes

The original gang put a bit more feel into it.? Look at the old boots.?

It's not an issue with me though.? I think the new group does a good job with it.? I just don't think they approach it the way the old band did.? The new guys are itching to play their own stuff.? And I understand that completely.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:15:00 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »

you have no idea what the fuck your talkin' about, sure, i havnt seen the new band live, but (THANX GUNNERDOWNUNDER) i've seen RIR 3 n' MSG 02'!!!

p.s.........Aussies.....fuck Mundine!!!     just got home, im drunk!!!   beer Shocked Shocked:beer: beer beer beer beer

I never really liked the song live.

P.S In how many hours does the Mundine fight start? I'm in the US.

dude, your (accordin' to my mum) around 16 to 18 hours behind us....!!!  have fun!!

ROBIN FUCKIN; FINCK!!   beer beer

I have to agree.  Of all the boots I have of the new band doing this song, I don't have one that has any emotion.  The band just doesn't seem that interested.

what the fuck are YOU  talkin' about, he isnt a Slash wannabe, he's the (not so new) new man, that FINCK solo for Patience is UNREAL, new feel, new soul, FUCKIN' BEAUTIFULL.......................thats all i can say about it!!! drool  drool drool drooldrool drool drool drool drool

I think you need to calm down.

The new band is great, I just don't think they pull of patience too well.

People have varying opinions, theres nothing wrong with that.

I know!!!.....so HERE'S MINE MOTHERFUCKER!!! ok ok ok ok
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:21:56 AM by ClintroN - Rise Of DemocracY » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 10:19:37 AM »

its a great song thats why im suggesting they try something different like playing the 1st half acoustically. people aren't digging the new version at all. this band can do better
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:22:45 AM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 10:21:13 AM »

wow, how can anyone say they dont wanna hear axl sing patience, probably the greatest gnr song(because of the way they recorded it, 1 inspired studio session). i would like to hear civil war and twat, but drop my michelle orsomethin, not patience, cmon man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 10:21:55 AM »

do you have it? can you upload it for me? thanx man.
and while on the subject of robin, why is everyone kissin' robin's ass now? especially the people (not you neemo) who called him a fag and a horrible guitar player before. fucking disguisting to see.

Hmmm I dunno people are excited for the band being back is my guess for all the Robin-buzz

Here's Patience from Toronto '02. ok I don't have a decent version from Hammerstien yet no

Patience - Toronto, Nov. 29, 2002

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: