Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:53:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron's Don't Cry
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron's Don't Cry  (Read 9125 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 05:55:40 AM »

that was tha shit  ok awesome cover  yes
In absentia
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 06:02:21 AM »

thats the problem his shreading is not melodic enough except on Nov Rain. Melody is why Slash & even Buckethead thrive. Nightrain NEEDS to be more melodic

No.
I swear to god if sweep picks or taps the outro of November Rain I'll shoot him.

Play the fucking thing regularly.
I'm not saying don't add your spin on it but don't sweep or tap in a solo like that.

Totally agree.

Tapping sucks, it bores to me so much Roll Eyes
and people think that those guitarists are fantastic rofl rofl

Do what you want with the new songs, but don't ruin my "old Guns N' Roses babies".
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 06:12:33 AM »

it was pretty good, not great and the lead in was wank

he seems pretty unfocused to me although once he kicked in with DC it was a nice Hendrixy interpretation
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:25:37 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 06:15:13 AM »

Just a bit off topic but I thought Richard Fortus absolutely kicked arse at Rock in Rio.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 07:09:57 AM »

And Axl probably kicked his ass for playing part of it.

I know he did it at another show too, so maybe not. It might have been Madrid, I can't remember but I know he's done it once before RIR5.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gnrback06
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 07:21:53 AM »

shannon hoon ?? i  think perhaps he misses the guy...

and what more could u ask from me
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 08:14:19 AM »

It must have shown Axl a thing or two. I wonder if he let Axl know he was going to do it?

It shows he has learnt Don't Cry, perhaps they are thinking of playing it again?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 08:41:52 AM »

It was amazing to hear those thousands of people singing "Don't Cry" don't ya think...?

Axl - take note. Play the fucking song.
In my opinion, this was Axl's way of testing out the reaction of the song. If it got a good response, or if no one cared Bumblefoot would just start playing something else at that moment instead of DC. I do believe we will hear the full song at some point during the Euro tour.

Dude! Don't Cry is a classic and was a single. There is absolutely no need to test it out for audiences.
Origen
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 08:45:11 AM »

And Axl probably kicked his ass for playing part of it.

I know he did it at another show too, so maybe not. It might have been Madrid, I can't remember but I know he's done it once before RIR5.

Yes it was Madrid.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 08:47:19 AM »

It seriously froze my heart when Bumblefoot started playing Dont Cry...that song has such relevance to my life it's haunting...

I really thought they were going to play it, and when they didn't...I was heartbroken, but Better made up for it...sort of... Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
guns_n_roses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »

i got chills down my spine listenin to the solo. reminded me of alot of things. i love dont cry and thal did an amazing job too. it was weird seein axl with a bunch of guys that werent the old band. from the originals or even the guys from 2002. the face of gnr changed.. FOR THE GOOD

"Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
You know I'd like to hurt you
But my conscience always tells me no"
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 09:50:23 AM »

I'm hoping that Thal's "Don't Cry" solo was in some way a feeler for how a modern audience might react to a different Illusions tune, thus setting up its inclusion in a future setlist.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 10:52:02 AM »

thats the problem his shreading is not melodic enough except on Nov Rain. Melody is where Slash & even Buckethead thrive. Nightrain NEEDS to be more melodic

Man, I couldn't agree more. Bucket doesn't have the blues style that Slash has but he brought just as much to the table in melody. His Nighttrain solos were off the hook and his own solo spots were amazing except when he dragged Old Macdonald out for 5 minutes. But his solos were a showcase of his ability and also had some amazing stuff off his Coma album like 'Big Sur Mon'. When he got to the end of that one there was always a massive roar from the crowd.

Bumble has definitely grown in confidence since the first 2 NYC shows where he was bricking it but as much as his Nightrain solo at Rio was technically awesome, it just didn't have the awesome melodic side that Bucket brought.
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 10:53:02 AM »

I'm hoping that Thal's "Don't Cry" solo was in some way a feeler for how a modern audience might react to a different Illusions tune, thus setting up its inclusion in a future setlist.

Hopefully, next trial maybe Estranged?  Smiley
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 11:10:39 AM »

It would also be a song that's not overly taxing for him to sing.? It has a lower vocal range for most of the song, so it would give Axl a little break in between harder songs to sing
yea,but in the end it has a high note(very high).I see(live in Tokyo,DVD)Axl face turns red in the end of the song. hihi

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 11:46:20 AM »

I totally think that they will play it live soon. just drop some other songs, I really dont see the need to play LALD or KOHD for that matter.

yep, drop these 2 and play DC and/or other stuff

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »

It was amazing to hear those thousands of people singing "Don't Cry" don't ya think...?

Axl - take note. Play the fucking song.

Hope they finally include it on the set list. I think that made clear ppl are craving to hear it :-)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 04:36:40 PM »

For all the people who say the crowd was listless and emotionless, they sang "Don't Cry" during Ron's solo and they kept doing that soccer-like (futbol) chant.  Whatever that was, I thought it was cool.  I thought they were into it plenty.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »

It must have shown Axl a thing or two. I wonder if he let Axl know he was going to do it?

It shows he has learnt Don't Cry, perhaps they are thinking of playing it again?

I can't imagine Ron *not* telling Axl he was going to play it, or in some way clearing it with Axl first.  No matter how happy and less tempermental Axl may be (appear to be?) these days, that's an awfully big risk to take, let alone being the new guy...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2006, 07:33:53 AM »

I can't imagine Ron *not* telling Axl he was going to play it, or in some way clearing it with Axl first.  No matter how happy and less tempermental Axl may be (appear to be?) these days, that's an awfully big risk to take, let alone being the new guy...

Maybe he just did it on his own at Madrid as a tester w/ Axl before RIR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: