Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:27:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Thal's guitar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Thal's guitar  (Read 25296 times)
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 01:47:47 PM »

...he plays with emotion unlike Buckethead.

...who knows what goes on behind the mask  hihi

i miss this guy.  1- dont ya all miss that kick ass solo in paradise city?  2) his sound was amazing.  That foot guitar sounds bad... all that noise during bumblefoots solo is bad.  I really think bucket is missed but I hope with time Thal will get better. 
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »

Exactly, what's left for you to say. Thanks for validating everything I stated about you in my previous posts. I'm not used to people making it this easy for me, I must say. What are you going to do as an encore, fart? It sure would be the cherry on this masterpiece of literary impotence you have constructed in this thread.

-PEACE-

Yah, as i said, A picture speaks a THOUSAND words - Thanks for coming. NEXT!  hihi rofl

-----PIECE

This board is starting to suck more and more everyday because it's beginning to be overrun with fucking cunts like this douche bag.  Is there seriously one person with 100 different log in names that post the same shit over and over?? I've never seen anything like it before.  Ever since the NYC show, people that haven't listened to GNR for 10 years and didn't realize Slash wasn't in the band anymore, have to come on here and start the dumbest fucking topics and post the dumbest fucking posts in the history of HTGTH.  I never realized how many idiot fans GNR had until these past couple weeks.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 01:52:47 PM »

Oh look, it's the founder of the kiss-Ron-Thal's-ass club.

-When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-  (Socrates)

Thank you for making it that obvious that you are struggling this much. I simply love it when people show that much weakness. Go ahead give us some more? rofl

Yep, he looks like shit and his guitar looks like a joke prop.

Sure enough he goes on exploring the frontiers of stupidity?Go ahead; tell me something else I don?t care about. Since you?re the board-stylist, I was wondering what your thoughts were on Beta?s new hairdo?

You're damn right looks are important.

Offcourse they are, after all: little things affect little minds.

Who am I to disagree?

Ron Thal has accomplished nothing in comparisson to his G'N'R predecessors.

Offcourse not, especially if we take into consideration that he, just like Buckethead, made name for himself. Where every single other member of gnr is mainly in the picture because of past glory and certainly not because of their non-existent body of solo material, during the post gnr-era. If you?re going to say something that stupid, at least fake a stroke.

Sure he can play, but he's a fucking guitar nerd shredder with zero platinum records to his name.

Yeah I already assumed that your were one of these popularity equals quality types. Music is an art form, no popularity contest. You must adore Britney Spears...

Get a stylist

Is this your way of applying for a job?

-PEACE-

haha!

pwned to the "Nth degree" of ownership on that one Smiley
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 01:56:08 PM »

Fucking pathetic and it truly shows what kind of knuckleheads there are around when they think this kinda thing is "cool" or "neat" in a once untouchable rock 'n' roll band!!  rant

Get rid of this piece of shit guitar and break out the Les Paul's!!

Actually it shows how shallow you are. Happy trails. hihi
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 02:07:09 PM »

your post history shows that you have a hard-on for Ron Thal. Hey, be my guest

Your post history shows you spend an awful lot of time discussing fashion, looks and hard-ons. Does this mean you wear women?s underwear and frequent special bars with warning lights installed in your colon, asking for imported heine-cum beers? I mean, is this the way I should apply your connect-the-secondary-bullshit-dots-theory? Just riding on your train of thought here... I don?t know, seems pretty irrelevant to me.

Go ahead click on some other histories of other posters. Might surprise you Sherlock, but everybody has their favorites. At least I know why I support players like Buckethead and Thal. So I don?t have to rely on a strange mix of insults and superficial filler to feed my false sense of credibility and divert the focus from lack of argumentation, while grasping for all straws within a five mile radius.

Dude - there are two types of players. The blues based rockers like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, SLASH and Angus Young to name a few.

These players are rock n roll legends for a reason and they don't rely on cheesy gimmicks like KFC buckets and cartoon guitars with lil flapping wings to make a name for themselves.

No, you?re a-b-s-o-f-u-c-k-i-n?-l-u-t-el-y right, they rely on top hats, schoolboy uniforms, inverted guitars and clich? poses. Buckethead and Thal are two of the most respected guitar players in the genre right now. Based on the way they reinvented the guitar, just like some of those names did in the past. Say what you want, the credits and music are there. Whether you acknowledge it is pretty irrelevant, it painfully unveils your ignorance no matter what.

while i acknowledge the ability of the likes of Vai, Buckethead and Bumblefoot these players are scientific, self indulgent soloists who leave me cold and bored with their bland "look how fast i can run up and down the fretboard" guitar wankery.

Self indulgent? How can a guy who lets all the credits he gets, go to his anonymous persona be self indulgent? It?s funny how one moment your expressing deep admiration for some of the biggest egomaniacs music has ever seen, only to turn your back and lash out to players who always have let the music prevail over the person. Calling them self-indulgent. Ron is one of the biggest collaborators in the scene. The list of people he didn?t work with is almost smaller than the list of people he did work with. Furthermore, Buckethead is most renown for calm ambient and melodic music, just like Thal isn?t known as a speed monster either. You focusing on the speed is symbolic for your ignorance driven approach towards these players. But hey, that?s just you?.inconsistent, hypocritical and clueless.

Give me rock 'n' roll, groove and melody over "musical science" any day of the week. Understand where i'm coming from now?

Trust me, I know where you?re coming from. What interests me more is when you were planning to go back again?

Oh and on topic..... would you seriously play or want to see THIS over a Les Paul Custom?Huh...

No you see, normal people (who don?t judge music with their eyes) want to HEAR that over a Les Paul, when an able person plays the shit out of it. Here, to meet your craving for visual stimulation, I found a picture for you as well:

-PEACE-

Ps.
Another fact you may like to consider is why the fuck does it take TWO guitarists to do the job SLASH did on his own huh??...?

Another fact you may like to consider, is that Axl has stated in the past that he might want to explore double lead concepts. Assuming this is part of the musical direction he wants to head at he needs two lead players...huh...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:45:20 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 03:45:28 PM »

saul you are right.

i just saw the pic of that guitar and cant fukin believe what i see.

long live rock n roll!

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

Guitar Hero? ?rofl

Guitar Hero ?ok

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 03:52:49 PM »

saul you are right.

i just saw the pic of that guitar and cant fukin believe what i see.

long live rock n roll!

Amen brother - nice avatar too  ok
TheMole
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »

Hey, don't worry... that's just slipdisc doing his hobby thing... he's an avid debater didn't you know? He jerks off at every post he himself makes on this forum, I'm not kidding! That "preview" button is almost worn out by now...

You know how I know this? You can tell by the way he patronizes people in his posts... you can tell by the way he dissects every single reply, just to formulate an answer to the littlest detail first, thus obscuring the fact that he has no clue what the original poster actually meant to begin with... you can tell by the way he quotes people far more intelligent than himself, just to cover up his own ignorance on the subject at hand... you can tell by the way he validates his claims by citing outside sources that he refers too as 'respected musicians' or 'well known collaborators' without actually mentioning actual people... you can tell by the way he uses witty remarks, cheap one-liners and easy pot-shots to take focus away from the conversation...
<edit> You can tell by the way he edits posts, right after he posted them... 'cause you know, he just re-read it for the fifth time and found an even more eloquent way of expressing his personal feelings...</edit>

You know, he's a pretty intelligent guy, that's obvious. It's a shame that he indulges himself in his 'verbal masturbation' so much. Indeed, much akin to the 'fretboard wankery' you mentioned earlier in one of your own posts.

As to the subject at hand: the guitar sucks. Not only is it butt-ugly (hey, I prefer a nice ebony les paul custom with nickel hardware to just about anything... just my taste), but more importantly: it sounds pretty bad. The sound is harsh and plasticy (is that even a word?). Sustain can't be any good from what I can see in the pictures either (looks acryl? body is too small anyway, definately not solid), but it's hard to notice in his actual playing since he doesn't seem to like letting a note ring through for more than 3 nanoseconds anyway (I know this is a gross exageration, f*ck off anyway). I don't like his overal guitar tone either, but I can say that about Fink as well, and I just hope it'll be somewhat different in the final mastered version of the disc (which Thal presumably won't be on).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:32:08 PM by TheMole » Logged
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 04:40:48 PM »

Excellent post man - right on the money.  ok

That guitar is the shits eh! Fuck it's obvious Axl told Finck to drop the Goth Schlock look, now he needs to tell Bumblefuck to lose the Flintstones guitar, take a shower and sharpen up his fucking look! It's the small details that make all the difference. Just like all these newbie fans - the newbie members need to show some respect!  hihi 
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 04:45:14 PM »

I swear everyone ragging on Ron's look are a bunch of women.  He's a grown dude who wants to dress that way, so be it.  At least he isn't dressing like Robin did in 2002 and at least he doesn't hide his face with a masket and bucket, be thankful for that.  And who cares about his guitar, its not like he plays with it the whole damn show.  He used it for his solo, big deal.  Slash is Slash, Ron is Ron, Bucket is Bucket, who gives a flying fuck.  If he plays damn good music and guitar, he's alright by me, and Ron is definitely alright by me. 
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 04:58:14 PM »

Hey, don't worry... that's just slipdisc doing his hobby thing... he's an avid debater didn't you know? He jerks off at every post he himself makes on this forum, I'm not kidding! That "preview" button is almost worn out by now...

Glad to see you?re not bitter or anything?? rofl

Oops, sorry for adding that emoticon, I bet your honor is under attack now just like the other day

Watch me dissect yours now too.? hihi

Enjoy!! beer

You know how I know this? You can tell by the way he patronizes people in his posts... you can tell by the way he dissects every single reply, just to formulate an answer to the littlest detail first, thus obscuring the fact that he has no clue what the original poster actually meant to begin with...

Trust me I?ve seen your work. I?m not the one suffering from Clue Deficit Disorder here. Go ahead show us why you and Saul make such a nice couple, just talk, the rest will sort itself out. drool

you can tell by the way he quotes people far more intelligent than himself, just to cover up his own ignorance on the subject at hand... you can tell by the way he validates his claims by citing outside sources that he refers too as 'respected musicians' or 'well known collaborators' without actually mentioning actual people... you can tell by the way he uses witty remarks, cheap one-liners and easy pot-shots to take focus away from the conversation at hand.

If you would have been long enough here to actually know what you?re talking about, you would know that I can back up everything I claim. I have nothing to prove on this board. I could care less about some spamming newbie's half-assed opinion on me, trying to discredit me by tearing me down to his level. If have no aspiration whatsoever, to prove anything to you. The people who matter know better.

You know, he's a pretty intelligent guy, that's obvious. It's a shame that he indulges himself in his 'verbal masturbation' so much. Indeed, much akin to the 'fretboard wankery' you mentioned earlier in one of your own posts.

At least I have the decency to respond to people to as many of their points as possible.

I?m not giving you the satisfaction of me stooping to your level, I said what I wanted to say in this thread and it?s there for everybody to read it. That's it. I?ll let other people decide who?s views they support, I don?t need to have a newbie?s approval to know I?m right. Not that all newbies have no say, it?s just a certain kind we see a lot lately. Go ahead dig up some more dead-horses and fire some more insults, show us all how bitter you are. I respect the people who run this board enough to know when it?s time to pull the plug and stop putting oil on the fire.

-PEACE-

Ps. You should be the last to talk about editing posts. LOL, don?t forget to keep some Kleenex near you, after all we all know what these post-editing freaks do? rofl beer

Look I edited my post!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:19:53 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

TheMole
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 05:33:02 PM »

Ps. You should be the last to talk about editing posts. LOL, don?t forget to keep some Kleenex near you, after all we all know what these post-editing freaks do? rofl beer

Look I edited my post!!
Once again, I'm not going to respond to your reply point by point... I know you think it's somehow indecent of me for one reason or another, but I'm going to take that risk. I'm glad you saw the irony of me editing my post... In all honesty, I'm kinda surprised you actually replied to that one, seeing how I put the emphasis on it so much Smiley.

So besides the fact that you attack me on the count of my low nr of posts (as that seems to be the meat of your response), I noticed you didn't have anything to say about the part of my post that actually was on topic. Come on, you're obviously into this kinda thing, you obviously know your stuff when it comes to this: explain to me why you think the bumblefootbeeguitar cross-over is a good guitar. Explain to me why you think I'm wrong when I say it should go because it sounds bad, harsh. I'm not provoking, I'm genuinely interested in hearing your take on this.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »

This board is starting to suck more and more everyday because it's beginning to be overrun with fucking cunts like this douche bag.? Is there seriously one person with 100 different log in names that post the same shit over and over?? I've never seen anything like it before.? Ever since the NYC show, people that haven't listened to GNR for 10 years and didn't realize Slash wasn't in the band anymore, have to come on here and start the dumbest fucking topics and post the dumbest fucking posts in the history of HTGTH.? I never realized how many idiot fans GNR had until these past couple weeks.

same here, it's saddening. fucking idiots.

and just to back up some of what has been said in this thread by bumblefoot supporters, here's a list of the 100 best rock/metal guitarists in the world, both past and present. guess who tops it?

1. Ron Thal - Bumblefoot, Solo
? 2. Paul Gilbert - Racer X, Mr. Big, Solo
? 3. Steve Vai - Solo, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake
? 4. Marty Friedman - Cacophony, Megadeth, Solo
? 5. Steve Morse - Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs, Steve Morse Band
? 6. Buckethead - Solo, Guns N Roses, Praxis, C2B3
? 7. Mattias IA Eklundh - Freak Kitchen
? 8. Randy Rhoads - Quiet Riot, Ozzy
? 9. Michael Romeo - Symphony X, Solo
10. Yngwie Malmsteen - Steeler, Rising Force, Solo
11. Greg Howe - Planet X, Solo
12. John Petrucci - Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Exp.
13. Tony MacAlpine - Solo, M.A.R.S., Planet X, Ring Of Fire
14. Michael Angelo Batio - Nitro, Solo
15. Stephan Forte - Adagio, Solo
16. Vinnie Moore - Alice Cooper, Solo
17. Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple, Rainbow
18. Nuno Bettencourt - Extreme, Mourning Widows, Solo
19. Chris Poland - Megadeth, OHM
20. Fredrik Thordendal - Meshuggah
21. Jeff Loomis - Nevermore
22. Alex Skolnik - Testament
23. Joe Satriani - Solo
24. Ritchie Kotzen - Solo, Poison, Mr. Big
25. Al Pitrelli - Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Savatage, Megadeth
26. Alex Pareja - The Number Twelve Looks Like You
27. Steve Stevens - Billy Idol, Atomic Playboys, Solo
28. Akira Takasaki - Lazy, Loudness, Ji-Zo, Solo
29. George Lynch - Dokken, Lynch Mob, Solo
30. Rob Schaffer - Into the Moat
31. Jason Becker - Cacophony, David Lee Roth, Solo
32. Neal Schon - Beck, Santana, Journey, Solo, Soul Sirkus
33. Luca Turilli - Rhapsody, Solo
34. Vito Bratta - White Lion
35. Michael Schenker - MSG, Scorpions, Contraband, Solo
36. Michael Amott - Arch Enemy, Carcass
37. Jesper Str?mblad - In Flames
38. Stevie Blaze - Lillian Axe, Angel, Near Life Experience
39. Gary Hoey - Solo, Vinnie
40. Adrian Smith - Iron Maiden
41. Dimebag Darrell - Pantera
42. Slash - Guns N Roses, Snake Pit, Velvet Revolver
43. Doug Aldrich - House Of Lords, Dio, Whitesnake
44. Chris Impellitteri - Impellitteri
45. Timo Tolkki - Stratovarius
46. Alexi 'Wildchild' Laiho - Children of Bodom
47. Andy La Roque - King Diamond, Death
48. Christopher Amott - Arch Enemy
49. Nick Hipa - As I Lay Dying
50. Roy Z - Bruce Dickinson
 51. Uli Jon Roth - Scorpions, Solo
52. Gary Moore - Thin Lizzy, Colosseum II, Skid Row, Solo
53. Eddie Van Halen - Van Halen
54. Chuck Schuldiner - Death
55. Bill Steer - Carcass, Napalm Death
56. Jim Matheos - Fates Warning
57. Dave Mustaine - Megadeth
58. Tony Iommi - Black Sabbath
59. Michael Wilton - Queensryche
60. Dave Murray - Iron Maiden
61. Larry Lalonde - Primus
62. Andy Timmons - Danger Danger, Solo
63. Chris Degarmo - Queensryche, Jerry Cantrell
64. Phil Sgrosso - As I Lay Dying
65. Reb Beach - Winger, Dokken, Whitesnake, Solo
66. Vernon Reid - Living Colour, Solo
67. Vivian Cambell - Dio, Def Leppard
68. Kirk Hammet - Metallica
69. Zakk Wylde - Ozzy, Pride & Glory, B.L.S., Solo
70. Mikael Akerfeldt - Opeth
71. Daron Malakian - System of a Down
72. Kerry King - Slayer
73. Hary Cody - Shotgun Messiah, Sessions
74. John Sykes - Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Blue Murder, Solo
75. Ty Tabor - Kings X
76. Mark "Duane" Morton - Lamb of God, Burn the Preist
77. Thomas Youngblood - Kamelot
78. Jake E. Lee - Ratt, Cutting Crew, Ozzy, Badlands, Solo
79. Rusty Cooley - Solo
80. Jeff Hanneman - Slayer
81. Herman Li - DragonForce
82. Mick Thomson - Slipknot
83. Brian Eschbach - Black Dahlia Murder
84. John Norum - Europe, Dokken, Don Dokken
85. Glen Tipton - Judas Priest
86. Jon Lively - Warlock, Dokken
87. Tak Matsumoto - TMG
88. KK Downing - Judas Priest
89. Jim Root - Slipknot
90. Ronnie Montrose - Montrose
91. Wolf Hoffman - Accept, Solo
92. Sam Totman - Dragon Force, Shadow Warriors
93. Dave Meniketti - Y & T
94. Billy Duffy - The Cult
95. Dan Huff - Giant, Sessions
96. Tom Morello - RATM, Audioslave
97. Matthias Jabs - Scorpions
98. Janick Gerrs - Iron Maiden
99. John Christ - Danzig
100.Dan Spitz - Anthrax

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_guitar-metal.html

1. Ron Thal - Bumblefoot, Solo
6. Buckethead - Solo, Guns N Roses, Praxis, C2B3
42. Slash - Guns N Roses, Snake Pit, Velvet Revolver

i believe my point has been made.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:54:50 PM by bumblerocks » Logged
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2006, 08:57:21 PM »

This board is starting to suck more and more everyday because it's beginning to be overrun with fucking cunts like this douche bag.  Is there seriously one person with 100 different log in names that post the same shit over and over?? I've never seen anything like it before.  Ever since the NYC show, people that haven't listened to GNR for 10 years and didn't realize Slash wasn't in the band anymore, have to come on here and start the dumbest fucking topics and post the dumbest fucking posts in the history of HTGTH.  I never realized how many idiot fans GNR had until these past couple weeks.

i second that too

yay! Ron and timo tolkki!!  Cool

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2006, 09:04:58 PM »

It has?  What makes that list any more legitimate than one in which Slash is first?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »

It has?  What makes that list any more legitimate than one in which Slash is first?

That could be the most ridiculous ranking of guitarists that I have ever seen. Laughable. Utterly laughable.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2006, 09:14:22 PM »

Hey, I love Ron, and I think his fan interaction is amazing and wonderful, but number one all time? I don't know about that.  Just because one site says it, doesn't make it true.  I mean, there are "top x" lists made every day, but they're not based on any facts, they're based on opinion and personal preference.

I like Bumble's style better than Bucket's, but there's no way to convince anyone that one's better than the other.

As for the guitar, I think it's awesome.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »

Bumble seems like a nice guy. Maybe somebody could e-mail him and ask him if he would do us guns fans a favor and loose the foot guitar. I'm putting this song up for all the people who think Bucket has no emotion in his playing. This type of playing with Axl's voice is exactly what I hope is on Chinese Democracy.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7B0D03063FDFD1E2
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2006, 09:22:56 PM »

Exactly, what's left for you to say. Thanks for validating everything I stated about you in my previous posts. I'm not used to people making it this easy for me, I must say. What are you going to do as an encore, fart? It sure would be the cherry on this masterpiece of literary impotence you have constructed in this thread.

I'm loving it.? rofl

-PEACE-

rofl rofl rofl

saul, tell me this, what makes you wanna stick with angus as opposed to buckethead? is it that buckethead is less known and more of a virtuoso? is that what's making you uncomfortable and unable to open your closed mind up for something new?

Dude - there are two types of players. The blues based rockers like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, SLASH and Angus Young to name a few. These players are rock n roll legends for a reason and they don't rely on cheesy gimmicks like KFC buckets and cartoon guitars with lil flapping wings to make a name for themselves. Musically, while i acknowledge the ability of the likes of Vai, Buckethead and Bumblefoot these players are scientific, self indulgent soloists who leave me cold and bored with their bland "look how fast i can run up and down the fretboard" guitar wankery. Give me rock 'n' roll, groove and melody over "musical science" any day of the week. Understand where i'm coming from now?

Oh and on topic..... would you seriously play or want to see THIS over a Les Paul Custom?Huh...

good post - forget the gimmickry (which is lame) a better question is regarding BBF's wanky solos

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: