Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Camp Freddy (with Sorum) get's a call from a (new and old)GnR fan
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camp Freddy (with Sorum) get's a call from a (new and old)GnR fan  (Read 12669 times)
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »

I dont see how matt can be "hurt" that its called gnr. He was never really a real member anyway...

You obviously don't play in a band as you clearly don't understand the importance of a good drummer.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 12:41:22 PM »

i find the comment real hard to accept about the "we wouldnt even of heard aboout slash, duff, izzy, steven"

im sure we woulod have heard about slash at one point, his talent was always recogniseable, he was mates with nikki sixx anyway, so im sure he would have broke in some where ok

duff is a great bassist, im sure his talent wouldnt have taken long to pick up

izzy is a great songwriter and player, who probaly wouldnt care if we didnt know who he was!!

as for steven.....well he'd probaly still be shooting up anyway so.......

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »

i find the comment real hard to accept about the "we wouldnt even of heard aboout slash, duff, izzy, steven"

im sure we woulod have heard about slash at one point, his talent was always recogniseable, he was mates with nikki sixx anyway, so im sure he would have broke in some where ok

duff is a great bassist, im sure his talent wouldnt have taken long to pick up

izzy is a great songwriter and player, who probaly wouldnt care if we didnt know who he was!!

as for steven.....well he'd probaly still be shooting up anyway so.......

Slash is second in line to Axl, so sure, Slash might have appeared in someband, who knows  peace

heh, maybe if Duff had not had made GnR from the begining, he might have been picked up for the new GnR  hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 01:00:15 PM »

No member would have made it with out each other.

still, when izzy left, i preffered gilby (as a live act).

html sucks
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 01:01:58 PM »

Lies has always been the weakest of the bunch, it's the one GnR album i never play.

I happen to like Lies more than eiether the Illusions.. Every song is classic in my opionion.. Although Patience bores the piss out of me... Lame sappy lyrics... In it's day I liked it though.

CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 01:03:46 PM »

AFD is the classic GnR album, it does sound dated and poorly reocrded.

are you high? no seriously, are you?
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »

i also wonder this

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »

without Axl i doubt we would have heard of Duff, Izzy, Slash or Adler.

And without those 4 we never hear of Axl probably, because SCOM put the band on the map in terms of mainstream coverage, and that wasn't Axl's riff. He was able to recognize it was good, but without Slash having the ability to come up with something so timeless the song never exists. It's like the chicken before the egg argument. Which is really responsible for the other.

And listening to Hollywood Rose there was nothing unique to their sound that would have made them the biggest rock band at that time
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 01:45:56 PM »

And without those 4 we never hear of Axl probably, because SCOM put the band on the map in terms of mainstream coverage, and that wasn't Axl's riff. He was able to recognize it was good, but without Slash having the ability to come up with something so timeless the song never exists. It's like the chicken before the egg argument. Which is really responsible for the other.

And listening to Hollywood Rose there was nothing unique to their sound that would have made them the biggest rock band at that time

Exactly it took Slash and Steven to form with Izzy and Axl and then along came Duff. Hey Presto, musical geniuses. I agree that patince never sounded right live, but that's cuz the stupid bastards hardly ever played it all acoustically. I love the studio version. Used To Love Her is admittantly a joke song by the band but it fuckin rocks so what. One In A Million is a well executed song. Mama Kin just OK?Huh Unbeleivable man. Nice Boys is the song i wish they played more live. IT FUCKIN ROCKS!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 02:31:11 PM »

AFD was recorded before digital, i think the word is analog. Analog has it's limits and due to no fault of the artist, analog recorded albums have un wanted hiss and a slighy flat sound to them. The AFD GnR sounded so much better live than they do on the album. When Chinese Democracy arrives, the studio recording should be something else.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »

I dont see how matt can be "hurt" that its called gnr. He was never really a real member anyway...

You obviously don't play in a band as you clearly don't understand the importance of a good drummer.

You clearly dont know what a good drummer is if you call matt one. Most music fans will agree that sorum is a poor drummer. Hes ham fisted and has absolutely no groove at all.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 04:17:32 PM »

True Dat..... That shit is pretty fucking terrible.  "I'm A rocker!!"

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

You clearly dont know what a good drummer is if you call matt one. Most music fans will agree that sorum is a poor drummer. Hes ham fisted and has absolutely no groove at all.

Matt is a great drummer.  From his work in GNR to the Cult to VR, he's shown he knows his way around a drum kit.  What the hell do you mean he has no groove?  Most people with any taint of musical knowledge will tell you that Sorum is a decent drummer and can throw down.  Don't use your personal opinions to speak for "most" fans.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 07:20:32 PM »

Matt is a great drummer.  From his work in GNR to the Cult to VR, he's shown he knows his way around a drum kit.  What the hell do you mean he has no groove?  Most people with any taint of musical knowledge will tell you that Sorum is a decent drummer and can throw down.  Don't use your personal opinions to speak for "most" fans.

Matt's a great drummer. I prefer steven and brain but Matt is a very good drummer and greatly respected in the industry. I don't know what you are talking about but then again i never know what you are talking about
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 07:28:07 PM »

You dont know anything. All you do is talk in cliches to make new members look good and old members look like shit. I heard Axl say in Mountain View with my own ears that Matt Sorum was the greatest drummer in the world. He said it in many other places as well. Is Axl a liar? Is he fickle? Just went along with Slash and Duff? Gimme a fucking break. If Sorum never left the band you would be saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 07:29:55 PM »

Reel it in kids, we're in Dead Horse territory...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
gnr2k6
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 01:17:08 PM »

you are a bunch of fuckin nobs arnt you???
for fuck sake get over the whole old/new gnr thing its old allready just be happy for every1 thats been in gnr as they are??
to the people that bitch about matt bein shit-well why arnt you a famous drummer that has been in many big bands??
probably becuase your shit and thats why you bitch.
this topic is about CFR nothing else so for fuck sake give it up...
makane
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 02:36:12 PM »

I think Matt was very controlled on the Guns records by other members. Not really any artistical freedom... I remember something that Axl told Matt to do that famous fill which is almost in every UYI song. Duff wrote some of the drums too, so it's not really all to blame on Matt.
I like him alot more on the Snakepit and Contraband.
I don't know what Chineseblues tries to achieve with that shit. I guess it's something like hes defence to drag the old band in shit to make the new-gn'r look better.
Dead Horse.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:40:23 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 08:45:57 PM »

If you people knew anything you would know I have never liked matt's drumming ever since I became a gnr fan back in the early 90's. Adler might not be as technical but he is a better all around drummer to matt. So say what you want but you really dont know shit.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 09:33:59 PM »

Can someone trim the mp3 and upload just the Guns bit? Im eager to hear it but dont want to bust my limited bandwith.  no
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: