Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Camp Freddy (with Sorum) get's a call from a (new and old)GnR fan
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camp Freddy (with Sorum) get's a call from a (new and old)GnR fan  (Read 12668 times)
TheMole
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:08:05 AM »

Check it out, near the 60 minute mark a guy phones in who's been to Dublin. They talk about how it was a great gig, Axl sounded great, the fact that they actually started on time, Matt mentions that it hurts to hear the guy call it GnR but that he's happy for Axl that he's out there performing, sounding good, etc...
Quite a nice listen...

http://www.shenon.net/BM_Media/Podcasts/10_06_06.mp3
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:14:54 AM »

Hey cool man. Just to clear things up, Sorum is on a show and a caller rings in about Dublin?

Can someone cut the mp3 to just the GnR stuff?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »

yeah i don't wanna hear sorum. ok cut to gnr

Chinese Democracy!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:35:35 AM »

Matt mentions that it hurts to hear the guy call it GnR but that he's happy for Axl that he's out there performing, sounding good, etc...
It wasn't Matt that said it. It was Mike Giuliana. hihi

badapple81
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:36:41 AM »

Haha that was quite funny  Cheesy
TheMole
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 09:57:09 AM »

Hey cool man. Just to clear things up, Sorum is on a show and a caller rings in about Dublin?
Correct

yeah i don't wanna hear sorum. ok cut to gnr
It's actually Sorum (and the other host: Billy Morrison) talkin' to a GnR fan about the concert in Dublin.

I found it cool how Matt was able to joke about some things ('wow, Axl was 5 minutes early?'), remenis some of the better old times, compliment Axl on his 'set of pipes' (aka vocals), be honest about how he feels about the new guys still being called GnR (fairly sure it was Matt who said that Wink). You know...
There's some mild teasing going on (bumblefoot's name), but generally, they were really respectful to Axl.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 10:06:02 AM »

Matt probably is respectful to Axl. Hes like one of the only members of the band who hasnt faced a lawsuit from him, correct?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 11:17:29 AM »

I dont see how matt can be "hurt" that its called gnr. He was never really a real member anyway...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 11:19:45 AM »

He was on 3 of their albums. Sounds real to me.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 11:22:07 AM »

Check the credits on live era. He's listed as additional musician  Cool
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 11:23:15 AM »

Check it out, near the 60 minute mark a guy phones in who's been to Dublin. They talk about how it was a great gig, Axl sounded great, the fact that they actually started on time, Matt mentions that it hurts to hear the guy call it GnR but that he's happy for Axl that he's out there performing, sounding good, etc...
Quite a nice listen...

http://www.shenon.net/BM_Media/Podcasts/10_06_06.mp3

why should Sorum be so bothered about GnR being called GnR. GnR has been breaking up and finding new band members since day one. GnR 2006 just happens to be the lastest line up, thats how i view it   Smiley
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:26:20 AM »

Check the credits on live era. He's listed as additional musician? Cool
If Matt's not "real", what is Brain? Have you seen the GNR resumes of both men?

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »

i think it's safe to say that Matt has a played a bit more live shows with GnR than brain and has been involved in more releases than Brain peace
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 11:54:42 AM »

That 'additional musician' thing was merely a cheap jibe at Sorum from Axl at the time. From the moment Matt joined the band Axl has said he was a member. He actually said he 'saved' the band when he did the famous last words interview with Kurt Loder. Although by Sorum's own admission he has said on BTM that he felt like he was in someone else's movie the whole time, so maybe it is a contradiction to say your hurt, but he's allowed to say that right? i think so. Smiley

GnR has been breaking up and finding new band members since day one.

Simply not true. Everyone in the original GNR said they couldn't have made appetite without those exact five guys. And those exact five guys were together for a little over five years.

GnR 2006 just happens to be the lastest line up, thats how i view it   

So your saying if Axl fired all the new 'members' tommorow and hired a whole bunch of new ones that it would be still Guns N' Roses? Becuase that's how a lot of us old fans think about this new band at the minute. (Sorry if your a fan from back in the day like myself). You can call these guys a great band all you want and i will agree becuase they are, i love the new songs and Chinese Democracy will rock. But for me its an Axl Rose solo project were he calls the shots, and the rest of the guys say OK. Guns N' Roses that came up with all the classic music from '86 - '91 died when Izzy left for me. Notice i'm not saying that Slash is Guns N' Roses here becuase he's not, Axl's not, Izzy's, not, Duff's not, and Steven Adler is not. But together they were....
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 12:03:59 PM »

That 'additional musician' thing was merely a cheap jibe at Sorum from Axl at the time. From the moment Matt joined the band Axl has said he was a member. He actually said he 'saved' the band when he did the famous last words interview with Kurt Loder. Although by Sorum's own admission he has said on BTM that he felt like he was in someone else's movie the whole time, so maybe it is a contradiction to say your hurt, but he's allowed to say that right? i think so. Smiley

GnR has been breaking up and finding new band members since day one.

Simply not true. Everyone in the original GNR said they couldn't have made appetite without those exact five guys. And those exact five guys were together for a little over five years.

GnR 2006 just happens to be the lastest line up, thats how i view it   

So your saying if Axl fired all the new 'members' tommorow and hired a whole bunch of new ones that it would be still Guns N' Roses? Becuase that's how a lot of us old fans think about this new band at the minute. (Sorry if your a fan from back in the day like myself). You can call these guys a great band all you want and i will agree becuase they are, i love the new songs and Chinese Democracy will rock. But for me its an Axl Rose solo project were he calls the shots, and the rest of the guys say OK. Guns N' Roses that came up with all the classic music from '86 - '91 died when Izzy left for me. Notice i'm not saying that Slash is Guns N' Roses here becuase he's not, Axl's not, Izzy's, not, Duff's not, and Steven Adler is not. But together they were....

without Axl i doubt we would have heard of Duff, Izzy, Slash or Adler. Axl makes the band. The new band members are musicians, they have had their input into Chinese Democracy. Every GnR album has been different, Lies has always been the weakest of the bunch, it's the one GnR album i never play. AFD is the classic GnR album, it does sound dated and poorly reocrded. Live Era is great. The UYI albums are a mixed bag, the songs on those albums go from poor to great. From what i have heard of the new material, i am liking it more than the old material. Don't ask me why, but Nightrain is the one GnR song that i like most, as simple as the song is, it has something going for it.
gnr2k6
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 12:07:30 PM »

hey guys-im paul and i was the caller.
both are great guys and please -dont slate matt,he was joking about the gnr thing and there is no animosity so lets not make anything out of it.
matt is happy with vr as is slash n duff ,axl is happy with gnr.
peace.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:13:11 PM by gnr2k6 » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 12:07:56 PM »

without Axl i doubt we would have heard of Duff, Izzy, Slash or Adler.

And without those 4 we never hear of Axl probably, because SCOM put the band on the map in terms of mainstream coverage, and that wasn't Axl's riff. He was able to recognize it was good, but without Slash having the ability to come up with something so timeless the song never exists. It's like the chicken before the egg argument. Which is really responsible for the other.
Origen
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 12:11:37 PM »

I dont see how matt can be "hurt" that its called gnr. He was never really a real member anyway...

If Matt wasn't a "real" member to you, then your beloved new lineup must be nothing then? Or is it simply double standards with you.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 12:15:44 PM »

without Axl i doubt we would have heard of Duff, Izzy, Slash or Adler.

And without those 4 we never hear of Axl probably, because SCOM put the band on the map in terms of mainstream coverage, and that wasn't Axl's riff. He was able to recognize it was good, but without Slash having the ability to come up with something so timeless the song never exists. It's like the chicken before the egg argument. Which is really responsible for the other.

Good point.

without Axl i doubt we would have heard of Duff, Izzy, Slash or Adler. Axl makes the band. The new band members are musicians, they have had their input into Chinese Democracy. Every GnR album has been different, Lies has always been the weakest of the bunch, it's the one GnR album i never play. AFD is the classic GnR album, it does sound dated and poorly reocrded. Live Era is great. The UYI albums are a mixed bag, the songs on those albums go from poor to great. From what i have heard of the new material, i am liking it more than the old material. Don't ask me why, but Nightrain is the one GnR song that i like most, as simple as the song is, it has something going for it.

Nightrain is my fave gnr song too! I agree about the Illusions also being a mixed bag. But seriosuly man give GNR Lies a few more listens. I think it's there second best album even though its only an EP. And by the way i can prove for a fact that Axl re-recorded the vocals to 90% of Live-Era. Yea i know that every gnr album has been different and obviously so will Chinese Democracy but ?does that make it Guns N' Roses? Also i'm aware that everyone had input into the new album (apart from BBF i think) but it's on Axl's clock that they do the stuff. If Axl waited on 2010 to tour and release Chinese Democracy i'm pretty sure most of those would still be there and people like you would still have the nerve to call it Guns N' Roses just becuase Axl got to keep the name.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 12:16:52 PM »

Yes but he's listed as a full member on three studio albums, more than any other GnR drummer!

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: