Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Camp Freddy (with Sorum) get's a call from a (new and old)GnR fan
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camp Freddy (with Sorum) get's a call from a (new and old)GnR fan  (Read 12558 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 12:32:24 AM »

If you people knew anything you would know I have never liked matt's drumming ever since I became a gnr fan back in the early 90's. Adler might not be as technical but he is a better all around drummer to matt. So say what you want but you really dont know shit.

so because you happen to not link him he sucks?
TheMole
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 03:21:07 AM »

So can I get a medal now or something... for posting a topic that has been moved from GNR to VR to Dead Horse? Or should this be moved to Appetite for Collection first? Wink
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2006, 06:37:53 AM »

lol, post the trimmed down link if you can and it may well end up in AFC
makane
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 08:06:31 AM »

If you people knew anything you would know I have never liked matt's drumming ever since I became a gnr fan back in the early 90's. Adler might not be as technical but he is a better all around drummer to matt. So say what you want but you really dont know shit.
Does that justify this: "You clearly dont know what a good drummer is if you call matt one. Most music fans will agree that sorum is a poor drummer. Hes ham fisted and has absolutely no groove at all."
So if you think Sorum is a good drummer you don't know anything about music?
It's just your opinion.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »

without Axl i doubt we would have heard of Duff, Izzy, Slash or Adler.

And without those 4 we never hear of Axl probably, because SCOM put the band on the map in terms of mainstream coverage, and that wasn't Axl's riff. He was able to recognize it was good, but without Slash having the ability to come up with something so timeless the song never exists. It's like the chicken before the egg argument. Which is really responsible for the other.

And listening to Hollywood Rose there was nothing unique to their sound that would have made them the biggest rock band at that time

True Dat..... That shit is pretty fucking terrible.? "I'm A rocker!!"

And that version of Anything Goes wasn't all that hot either Grin
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 09:50:03 PM »

Just to clearify the whole "addition musican",  that was Axl's way of not having to pay Matt any royalities from the live Era album.

A caller from England called a couple of weeks ago and asked Matt why Double Talkin' Jive was never on that album. Matt briefly went into it, He said that he did play on 21 of the 23 songs on the album but didn't get 1 cent. And that was it. 

This, in my opinion explains Matt's past bitterness towards Axl. But as Matt has stated b/f he's past that now and perhaps the little get together they had in NY resolved all of that.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
greendog
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2006, 04:39:33 AM »

AFD is the classic GnR album, it does sound dated and poorly recorded.

WTF?

The sound is one of the reasons the album is so fuckin good! if it had the production of any other band around that time, it would probably have sounded like shit.
They captured the sound and energy of the band.... not easy. its one of the BEST albums recorded, IMO.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2006, 11:05:32 AM »

AFD is the classic GnR album, it does sound dated and poorly recorded.

WTF?

The sound is one of the reasons the album is so fuckin good! if it had the production of any other band around that time, it would probably have sounded like shit.
They captured the sound and energy of the band.... not easy. its one of the BEST albums recorded, IMO.

damn right.... AFD is timeless and the sound is amazing
TheMole
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »

damn right.... AFD is timeless and the sound is amazing

Nono, by any standards, AFD is pretty poorly recorded. The mix is particularly bad and the overall sound doesn't really have enough 'body', if you understand what I'm trying to say. It still is a timeless masterpiece though, despite the less then adequate recording.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2006, 11:21:48 AM »

I guess I don't understand, I just hear the sound and quality and think it sounds good.. I don't know any techincal terms or things behind an album..
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 03:21:21 AM »

Nono, by any standards, AFD is pretty poorly recorded. The mix is particularly bad and the overall sound doesn't really have enough 'body', if you understand what I'm trying to say. It still is a timeless masterpiece though, despite the less then adequate recording.

i'm calling bs. obviously, it's not poorly recorded "by any standards." by my standards, it isn't. who am i to judge? well, i could qualify my opinion, but let me ask who are you to say it's poorly recorded "by any standards?" show me one ONE professional opinion online that backs up your claim. i searched around on amazon, allmusic, rolling stone, etc. and found plenty of recently written, glowing reviews of AFD that never once mentioned it sounding dated or poorly recorded. if you can find one, i seriously would love to read it, because i want to know what standards by which someone must judge a recording (other than "any") in order to deem the AFD recording quality "poor." if indeed AFD is poorly recorded, i think most of the rock records released today could stand to be done poorly in exactly the same fashion.
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2006, 04:42:17 AM »

i'm calling bs. obviously, it's not poorly recorded "by any standards." by my standards, it isn't. who am i to judge? well, i could qualify my opinion, but let me ask who are you to say it's poorly recorded "by any standards?" show me one ONE professional opinion online that backs up your claim. i searched around on amazon, allmusic, rolling stone, etc. and found plenty of recently written, glowing reviews of AFD that never once mentioned it sounding dated or poorly recorded. if you can find one, i seriously would love to read it, because i want to know what standards by which someone must judge a recording (other than "any") in order to deem the AFD recording quality "poor." if indeed AFD is poorly recorded, i think most of the rock records released today could stand to be done poorly in exactly the same fashion.
From http://www.gnrinfo.tk, quoting Axl:

Axl: We went and did test tracks with different people and they came out smooth and polished. We did some stuff with Spencer Proffer and Geffen records said it was too fuckin? radio. That?s why we went with Mike Clink, we went for a raw sound because it just didn?t gel having it too tight and concise.

Axl: We were basically in the production of this record, we were there like every step of the way, even to the - when we went to mix it, usually those people don't have anybody there - we went there with the mixing, when went there when they mastered it, we were there. And so... when you get this record, maybe it's not produced as well as something else you might hear, that is done by the best people in the world. But that's because this is more real, this is us! This isn't somebody else doing it.

So perhaps that's why you think it doesn't sound to good...it's meant to be that way.

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: