Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:43:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is this tour/CD necessary for a re-union?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this tour/CD necessary for a re-union?  (Read 1069 times)
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: June 24, 2006, 01:19:25 PM »

Do you think its necessary for Axl to be at least successful with this tour and the release of CD for there to be a real chance of a re-union?  I have to admit, the new musicians are talented, but there is something BIG missing in the new GnR.  The original lineup were masterful collaborators.  The sound, rhythm and lyrics were epic and nobody in rock at the time or especially now could even come close.  I think this new GnR can release a platinum selling album, but it won't sell anymore than Contraband did.  Contraband was a success though, so that's not a knock.

So I think maybe Axl releases CD in late fall, it sells 2 or 3 million and then the reunion buzz gets started in full swing around this time next year.  I think, at best, VR can match Contraband, but their not going to ever out-do it.  Quite frankly, its not saying much.  The best thing about that album is Slash.  Its basically a Slash solo project, because Weiland's lyrics are very cliche-ridden and dull (IMO).  Of course Duff is great and so is Matt really, but Slash makes that album.  Without Slash, that album doesn't see Gold status.

If you think about it, a re-union is not that far away.  Axl has already brought Izzy back into the fold, after Izzy was the first to leave.  Sure, Izzy's not a full-time member just yet, but I'm sure he'd record one more album with the original lineup if the vibe was right.  I think Slash wants to record and put out music.  If he's convinced Axl won't dick around with the new material too much, I think he'd rejoin.  Axl and Slash/Izzy have plenty of artistic creativity to cut 2 or 3 multi-platinum records.

I was skeptical of a re-union, honestly, because of Axl.   But with Izzy coming back, it shows Axl is able to bury the past and forgive.  Same with Izzy.  Fans in Europe are already demanding Slash, and its only a matter of time in my opinion.  Look at Aerosmith... Perry and Tyler HATED each other for years and they made some of their best music after the re-union.  I think Slash is better than Perry and Axl's better than Tyler.

So my question is... does Axl have to release CD before a re-union is a real likelihood?  After all, it would not make sense to bury all this material he's recorded with the others.  I think Slash and Duff would want to start clean.  What are your thoughts?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

some people believe that's the whole reason behind this tour...
i just like it for what it is. Gn'R Rockin Again!

Chinese Democracy!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 01:21:35 PM »

what's your problem mate?

your thread was moved to Dead Horse and you already answered in there...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32328.0

why create a new one... Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: