Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oslo, Norway @ Spektrum, 28th June / Updates with picture July 4th  (Read 65414 times)
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2006, 01:21:51 PM »

this thread really needs to be locked now.... gone way off topic

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2006, 02:10:18 PM »

AXL ROSE On Swedish Arrest: 'They Loved Me So Much They Wanted Me To Stay' - June 29, 2006 

At GUNS N' ROSES' gig in Oslo Wednesday night (June 28), frontman Axl Rose addressed the the hotel brawl that landed him in a Swedish jail earlier in the week.

"They loved me so much they wanted me to stay," he said from the stage, according to the Norwegian newspaper VG.

The song "Patience" was introduced with Rose saying, "And now something you need when rent-a-cops go bad."

According to www.side2.no, an invitation had been sent to models prior to the concert from an Oslo agency: "We're looking for models that can appear at the GUNS N' ROSES concert and the afterparty tomorrow night. You will receive VIP passes, be backstage with the band, everything free."

The models were seen being led backstage prior to the show and taken back into the audience for the concert

Meanwhile, Sweden's Aftonbladet is reporting that GN'R's tour manager paid the Berns Hotel in Stockholm for the damage done by Axl to an antique mirror and an old vase during Tuesday's incident.

"It was handled very professionally," hotel manager Joachim Olausson tells Aftonbladet. 

Is this something new?  Since when does Axl have to "request" models?  I would imagine they would just show up to his shows and get backstage.  Isn't that how it was during the UYI tour?
makane
Legend

« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2006, 02:12:27 PM »

Hah. Thats like ordering whores  Cheesy

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2006, 02:13:31 PM »

I got that off of blabbermouth btw.
Death Cube K
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »

Is this something new?  Since when does Axl have to "request" models?  I would imagine they would just show up to his shows and get backstage.  Isn't that how it was during the UYI tour?

I would have not only requested blonde models, but also brunettes. Infact, I would have Lindsay Lohan to get the fuck over.

VG also addressed Axl as "Scandal-Axl". Funny that since he's been sitting on his ass the last 15 years making albums and not done shit in public. But aaaanyyywaaayy....
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #345 on: June 29, 2006, 03:22:03 PM »

Just got home from the gig in Oslo. It was excellent!!

Here's what I think:

The band played great, Axl was in a good mood screaming his head of the entire night! I can't understand how he does this night after night!!?? My throat was so fucked up this morning for just singing along to the songs.. Smiley The new songs rocked!! When I've heard bootlegs from gigs of the new songs, I must admit that I've thought; "hmm, the leaked versions are much better..") But being there in person, it totally fuckin rocked BIG time!!!! For those of you who still haven't seen them performing the new songs, you got something special coming your way!!!
Bumblefoot and Dizzy's soloes were great. Dizzy played a little bit of A-ha in his solo. That was cool!

A couple of things that i thought was bad though; they stopped selling beer when the concert started, And you had to stand in a looong line to buy beer. And then you could only buy ONE beer! 
And there were too many people just standing around with their arms crossed. C'mon guys, it's rock n' fuckin' roll, loosin' up will ya!!?? Don't you know the fuckin songs?! I mean, the concert was sold out in 20 min. And with that in mind, you would think that those who got tickets would be hardcore-fans... But nooo!! The majority of the crowd only went a litle nuts when they played WTTJ, YCBM, Sweet Child... and Paradise City.

But hey, thats their loss!! (right people..?)

None of the biggest newspapers in Norway had reviews of the gig today, because of the contract that the press are forced too sign by the management. By signing they agree to only use the pictures once, in a review of that particular concert. And also signing the copyright over to the band. I can understand both sides. The band want to avoid pictures being sold and printed as bad merchandise (posters, t-shirts, etc...) And the photographers see the pictures as their creative work and they should be in complete control of the copyright.  Other bands do it this way (ex. System Of A Down)

It just goes too show that GN'R plays for the fans NOT the press!! ok

One thing I'm gonna do in the future though (at least try to do): stop downloading so much audio and video-bootlegs. This because, none of the pyros, explotions and stage setup came as a surprise too me. And thinking about, the show would have an even bigger impression on me. What do you guys think about that??

Kind regards,
Naltav

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Death Cube K
« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2006, 03:35:13 PM »

I thought it was cool how I knew the pyro stuff. I jumped up and timed the explosions so everyone thought I rocked.

My review is in the review section.

The ABSOLUTE worst thing about the concert was the drink-area. I stood in line to get water coz I had been drinking since 12:00 and needed something fresh and clean. They tried to DENY me the right to free water so I told the guy behind the desk he was an idiot and told him it was forbidden by law to deny people the opertunity to drink water. The guy gave in and I could pour myself 2 0.5 liters. But come on....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:48:08 PM by DCK » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »

I thought it was cool how I knew the pyro stuff. I jumped up and timed the explosions so everyone thought I rocked.

My review is in the review section.

The ABSOLUTE worst thing about the concert was the drink-area. I stood in line to get water coz I had been drinking since 12:00 and needed something fresh and clean. They tried to DENY me the right to free water so I told the guy behind the desk an idiot and told him it was forbidden by law to deny people the opertunity to drink water. The guy gave in and I could pour myself 2 0.5 liters. But come on....

Haha, at the Hammerstein in New York, a small cup of water, not even a full bottle was like 5 or 6 dollars...

Just insanity... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Death Cube K
« Reply #348 on: June 29, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

I dont know if it really IS forbidden to deny people water but I told him so. I mean, the tap was 5 meters away.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #349 on: June 29, 2006, 04:54:15 PM »

Water shortage?maybe there is the same problem anywhere. I'm phobic about dehydration. I guess I should bring a bottle of Evian with me, or is it forbidden?

@ Naltav Cheers. Sure enough, those live recordings can't do justice to the timbres, especially of voice.  yes

trollgutten
Opening Act

Found a head and an arm in a garbage can...

« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2006, 04:57:19 PM »

By the way.... at the Oslo consert, Axl said that the bands favourite song from the new album is "Chinese Democrasy"

Do you know where the fuck you are, Oslo !!!??
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2006, 05:12:48 PM »

it was awesome!! man! i managed to sneak to the 3/4 row right before the show... then WTTJ came on and i was CRUSHED!! i mean, the pressure was so damn strong my girlfriend had to leave and i kinda missed the 3/4 first songs cuz i was more into survivng than anything! damn drunken fuckers!

hehe..

but then i went a little back and it got calmer, during the solo's and new songs i could do what the fuck i wanted and sing as loud as i could cuz not too many were singing along... then i sneaked all the way to the secund row when it calmed down. hehe

axl was not audiable all the time, but he sang good as far as i am concerned...

also, i got a new foundl ove for IRS, but i think its boring on the leak anyway... hope its better on the album!  ok

and, did richard play bucketheads Big bitch Hog Stomp or whatever its called as a solo? the same one bucket played RIR3?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2006, 05:13:13 PM »

Just got home from the gig in Oslo. It was excellent!!

Here's what I think:

The band played great, Axl was in a good mood screaming his head of the entire night! I can't understand how he does this night after night!!?? My throat was so fucked up this morning for just singing along to the songs.. Smiley The new songs rocked!! When I've heard bootlegs from gigs of the new songs, I must admit that I've thought; "hmm, the leaked versions are much better..") But being there in person, it totally fuckin rocked BIG time!!!! For those of you who still haven't seen them performing the new songs, you got something special coming your way!!!
Bumblefoot and Dizzy's soloes were great. Dizzy played a little bit of A-ha in his solo. That was cool!

A couple of things that i thought was bad though; they stopped selling beer when the concert started, And you had to stand in a looong line to buy beer. And then you could only buy ONE beer!?
And there were too many people just standing around with their arms crossed. C'mon guys, it's rock n' fuckin' roll, loosin' up will ya!!?? Don't you know the fuckin songs?! I mean, the concert was sold out in 20 min. And with that in mind, you would think that those who got tickets would be hardcore-fans... But nooo!! The majority of the crowd only went a litle nuts when they played WTTJ, YCBM, Sweet Child... and Paradise City.

But hey, thats their loss!! (right people..?)

None of the biggest newspapers in Norway had reviews of the gig today, because of the contract that the press are forced too sign by the management. By signing they agree to only use the pictures once, in a review of that particular concert. And also signing the copyright over to the band. I can understand both sides. The band want to avoid pictures being sold and printed as bad merchandise (posters, t-shirts, etc...) And the photographers see the pictures as their creative work and they should be in complete control of the copyright.? Other bands do it this way (ex. System Of A Down)

It just goes too show that GN'R plays for the fans NOT the press!! ok

One thing I'm gonna do in the future though (at least try to do): stop downloading so much audio and video-bootlegs. This because, none of the pyros, explotions and stage setup came as a surprise too me. And thinking about, the show would have an even bigger impression on me. What do you guys think about that??
Kind regards,
Naltav

hummm I kno what you mean... that?s just what I thought after seeing them in RiR... It was like, oh there he is, Axl with is pimp jacket, Ron with his little hat lol u kno? But the pyros yeah, it went as a surprise to me, didn?t kno about that. But yeah today if I had known I would have just started joining this forum after seeing them.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #353 on: June 29, 2006, 05:16:06 PM »

it scared the fuck outta me the 2 first times! and the HEAT!!!

how the hell does dizzy and pittman and brain and replacements drummer take it?!

Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #354 on: June 29, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »

On the note that people got crushed in front, after a few songs Axl stoppet and ask the crowd to take a few steps back, because so many people was already having problems.

Another thing I didn't see anyone mention before, at the end of the show Ron jumped down to the crowd and let "everybody" in front touch his guitar, I think he unplugged it first though.

and here is a clip from norwegian tv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXLC3zPt3uQ

And another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_FOEEQMwnI

Must admin though, I thought it sounded better live than on these short clips. It could be the mixing though, I had serious problems hearing Axl on some of the songs, such as PC.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:14:11 PM by Insomnis » Logged
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #355 on: June 29, 2006, 06:13:42 PM »

awesome! eventhough i did not know they were 2 hours late..

i expected them to come on around 10.. and they did, well, 1030 though...

also, tommy almost went to the floor laughing under patience! dont know if they fucked up or something, but he was laughing REAL good!

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2006, 06:14:15 PM »

Haha, at the Hammerstein in New York, a small cup of water, not even a full bottle was like 5 or 6 dollars...

Just insanity... Undecided

A small cup, not even a bottle.. shit.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »

Ok, I wanted to reply to kiki in the other thread and to avoid going off the track there I transfer my reply to here.

By the way.... at the Oslo consert, Axl said that the bands favourite song from the new album is "Chinese Democrasy"

I think it a good news. With the title song being the band's fav, the whole album is the work after their own hearts, it seems.
Axl says you'll like at least a few songs in there.
If you find so many/all the songs amazing, you may well change your top 3  time after time.

Axl said that the bands favourite song from the new album is "Chinese Demovrasy"

good as that's the song got me first . the other day I thought the band's fav might be IRS for some reason.

In Belgium at the Graspop-festival Axl announced IRS as : 1 of your favorite internetsongs

yes So I hear It's also reported that in Sweden i think, he introduced the song by noting something to the effect that the band just told him to play the song and he had no say about it.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2006, 07:01:05 PM »

another funny thing i just remebered...

tommy seemed to have a mice stand too high... so he had the mic at his forehead manytimes and singing.. god knows  what the was thinking... looked as if the rested his head in it  hihi

estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2006, 04:39:47 AM »

. slash never did those actions.

Here\'s the inside scoop, buddy: Robin ISN\'T Slash, so it is irrelevant what Slash does or not.

coz if your going to replace slash then you should have someone who is close to slash style. i dont like that high legs thing/step he always does. it looks like he stepped in shit or gum! rediculous!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: