Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 130766 times)
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1040 on: June 30, 2006, 12:39:30 AM »

Let's say the initial reports were all true... doesn't it make sense that the cops would have to use excessive force for someone who they couldn't restrain AND someone who had just bitten a security guard? 
It's interesting that Merck didn't comment on the four major factors the news have been talking about:
the altercation with a woman, the drinking, the property damage, and the biting. 
This is just my interpretation, but the press release makes it seem like Axl was just sitting quietly in a corner, and was accosted by the cops because they just like to pick on him.  Obviously I'm exaggerating, but I felt very uncomfortable reading this. 
If you are resisting you will be restrained by as much force as it's going to take to stop you from moving.  That's just the way it is, whether you're at fault or not.
To say he was virtually held hostage... I take issue with that.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #1041 on: June 30, 2006, 12:56:00 AM »

Let\'s say the initial reports were all true... doesn\'t it make sense that the cops would have to use excessive force for someone who they couldn\'t restrain AND someone who had just bitten a security guard? 
It\'s interesting that Merck didn\'t comment on the four major factors the news have been talking about:
the altercation with a woman, the drinking, the property damage, and the biting. 
This is just my interpretation, but the press release makes it seem like Axl was just sitting quietly in a corner, and was accosted by the cops because they just like to pick on him.  Obviously I\'m exaggerating, but I felt very uncomfortable reading this. 
If you are resisting you will be restrained by as much force as it\'s going to take to stop you from moving.  That\'s just the way it is, whether you\'re at fault or not.

i agree
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #1042 on: June 30, 2006, 01:08:21 AM »

Let's say the initial reports were all true... doesn't it make sense that the cops would have to use excessive force for someone who they couldn't restrain AND someone who had just bitten a security guard??
It's interesting that Merck didn't comment on the four major factors the news have been talking about:
the altercation with a woman, the drinking, the property damage, and the biting.?
This is just my interpretation, but the press release makes it seem like Axl was just sitting quietly in a corner, and was accosted by the cops because they just like to pick on him.? Obviously I'm exaggerating, but I felt very uncomfortable reading this.?
If you are resisting you will be restrained by as much force as it's going to take to stop you from moving.? That's just the way it is, whether you're at fault or not.

Yeah I dont think Rodney King would agree with you. Seriously, This is over and done with. When Axl plays Sweden again I am sure both sides will be on their best behavior and a good time will be had by all.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #1043 on: June 30, 2006, 01:17:30 AM »

It depends on how they wanted him to "cooperate"

I know its his job to spin things, but it does strike me as odd if the test were negative, especially seeing that one of the reasons he was kept in jail was for him to sleep it off.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1044 on: June 30, 2006, 01:28:53 AM »

I don't think the Rodney King incident is really comparable, since that was racially motivated.  It's one thing to hold down a struggling suspect, and completely another to beat him with batons.  If Axl had felt he was beaten by the cops, Merck would have said he was beaten by the cops.  But I get your inference. 
Merck said he was negative for drug testing. He didn't mention Axl being tested for his blood alcohol level, which I am sure he would have been tested for that.
Look, I am usually the first one to give someone else the benefit of the doubt.  Alcohol certainly adds fuel to the fire when arguments occur.  I will say this though, if it were me in that situation, my official statement would have included an apology to the hotel for damaging their property, and to anyone else I may have injured (i.e. bitten) in the ensuing scuffle.  But that's me. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1045 on: June 30, 2006, 01:29:03 AM »

I'm glad there was a press release about this and i'm glad the whole matter seems to be settled.  i love this band, just when you think everything is calm it goes freakin crazy!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #1046 on: June 30, 2006, 01:31:05 AM »

I don't think the Rodney King incident is really comparable, since that was racially motivated.? It's one thing to hold down a struggling suspect, and completely another to beat him with batons.? If Axl had felt he was beaten by the cops, Merck would have said he was beaten by the cops.? But I get your inference.?
Merck said he was negative for drug testing. He didn't mention Axl being tested for his blood alcohol level, which I am sure he would have been tested for that.
Look, I am usually the first one to give someone else the benefit of the doubt.? Alcohol certainly adds fuel to the fire when arguments occur.? I will say this though, if it were me in that situation, my official statement would have included an apology to the hotel for damaging their property, and to anyone else I may have injured (i.e. bitten) in the ensuing scuffle.? But that's me.?
Point taken.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1047 on: June 30, 2006, 01:32:40 AM »

True, but it sounds like he got a slap on the wrist. ?He was released from custody and had to pay a fine. ?That was a pretty good deal for him to get. ?Most people who are not rich and famous would actually have to be accountable for their actions.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #1048 on: June 30, 2006, 01:37:42 AM »

This is assuming his actions are what the security guard said they were.

True, but it sounds like he got a slap on the wrist. ?He was released from custody and had to pay a fine. ?That was a pretty good deal for him to get. ?Most people who are not rich and famous would actually have to be accountable for their actions.

This is assuming his actions are what the security guard/guards said they were.
axe
Rocker

« Reply #1049 on: June 30, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »

What do you think they do to regular joes who get in a drunken brawl and are thrown to jail? Lock them in Guantanamo and hang them on the wall upside down for two years?

The police get threatened almost everyday, rent-a-cops are hit and kicked. Unless there's anything really severe (and a little love bite ain't that bad), a night in jail and an order to appear in front of a court sometimes later to receive a fine is all everyone gets, famous and rich or not. Axl just got his fine quicker than a normal local person.
Z
« Reply #1050 on: June 30, 2006, 01:46:52 AM »

Every human being on this planet deserves to be treated with respect expecially by cops with the power to arrest.

Security guards should not react physically when performing their duties. ?They are actually supposed to be ones who communicate warnings before summoning the cops and then are to remain as good witnesses until the cops arrive. ?Only in life threatening situaltions should a security guard place their hands on someone.

Police officers are only supposed to become physical with someone if they are faced with resistance. ?And then they are only supposed to use enough force to overcome the level of resistence.

But once handcuffs are secured around an arrestee, then there should be no chance of mistreatment.

The fact that they held him down to get blood shows that they were not satisfied that Axl was merely under the influence of alcohol, but that they assumed he was under the influence of some type of drugs.

If true that they held Axl for ransom, well that is par for the course for law enforcement.......a power play made within a profession full of people with personal power issues.

But isn't that what this current world is about......people with power issues. ?To control or be controlled?!?

None fo this really affects me anymore......I mean about Axl and his happenings. ?I'm glad to see the tour going so well. ?But really all that matters in my opinion is that he put out the album already. ?Show the world what he and his crew are made of.

September is brewing as a month that many powerful bands are dropping new discs. ?GNR should join the party and rock this boring "same ol', same ol'-what can we fear next- drama-filled whose fuckin'-who or whose fightin'-who" rock 'n' roll-less planet.

I don't want to hear about any more bird-flus or global warmings or Paris Hilton cat-fights...........

I JUST WANNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Enough already the world needs some Chinese FUCKIN Democracy.

Bring it!

Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1051 on: June 30, 2006, 01:48:20 AM »

This is assuming his actions are what the security guard/guards said they were.
Yes... but I think that if Axl had not bitten that guard, damaged property, etc Merck would have addressed those issues as flat out lies. ?But he didn't mention them, because he'd either have to deny it happened or admit it. ?So it was ignored. ?Again, that's just my interpretation. ?
I just think it's interesting that over the years, of all the stories we have heard about Axl and his altercations with the law, girlfriends, band members, whoever... it never seems to be Axl's fault. ?I had said in an earlier post that I thought Axl would not take responsibility for this recent incident, that it would be spun in a way where he was the victim of outward forces trying to hurt him. ?I think so much in life is a self-fulling prophecy, and you bring about what you think and feel, so if someone constantly feels like the world is just out to get them, then that can become your reality.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1052 on: June 30, 2006, 01:51:56 AM »

Someone seriously needs to slap Axl back into reality and get his mind together, it sounds like maybe Tommy will be the one to do that.
So this is the guy you think is gonna get Axl back on the straight n' narrow?  rofl

from when is this pic? rofl

i know he uses to get drunk on his own shows, but in 02 axl didn`t allow alcohol at the shows if i remember correctly..... now it`s a little different though hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1053 on: June 30, 2006, 02:02:15 AM »

What do you think they do to regular joes who get in a drunken brawl and are thrown to jail? Lock them in Guantanamo and hang them on the wall upside down for two years?

The police get threatened almost everyday, rent-a-cops are hit and kicked. Unless there's anything really severe (and a little love bite ain't that bad), a night in jail and an order to appear in front of a court sometimes later to receive a fine is all everyone gets, famous and rich or not. Axl just got his fine quicker than a normal local person.

Biting someone is assault, and anyone who's been bitten in an altercation would think it was pretty severe. ?From my reading of the situation, it didn't sound like Axl had to even appear before a judge. ?I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
My point is really about accountability on his participation in this incident. ?

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1054 on: June 30, 2006, 03:19:47 AM »

Someone seriously needs to slap Axl back into reality and get his mind together, it sounds like maybe Tommy will be the one to do that.
So this is the guy you think is gonna get Axl back on the straight n' narrow?  rofl

i know he uses to get drunk on his own shows, but in 02 axl didn`t allow alcohol at the shows if i remember correctly..... now it`s a little different though hihi

This picture is from the 2004 solo Tommy Stinson tour. A man can do anything he wants on HIS solo tour...

And I don't think Axl doesn't allow alcohol at the shows... Actually, I'm pretty sure he allows it.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1055 on: June 30, 2006, 03:38:09 AM »

Also, nobody noticed the fact that Merck said "and continuing until the beginning of August"?

There are no shows scheduled in the beginning of August yet...

Maybe it just meant that they'll be back home by then.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #1056 on: June 30, 2006, 03:43:59 AM »

This picture is from the 2004 solo Tommy Stinson tour. A man can do anything he wants on HIS solo tour...

And I don't think Axl doesn't allow alcohol at the shows... Actually, I'm pretty sure he allows it.

i have no problem with tommy getting drunk actually. and i know axl allows and drinks alcohol nowadays, but he used to ban drugs (alcohol? that`s why i ask...) from the shows or the studio in the past...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Legend

« Reply #1057 on: June 30, 2006, 03:44:54 AM »

Also, nobody noticed the fact that Merck said "and continuing until the beginning of August"?

There are no shows scheduled in the beginning of August yet...

Maybe it just meant that they'll be back home by then.

yeah  that striked me as well....

i guess we`ll have to wait and see.... but i wouldn`t be surprised if it was just a confusion...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1058 on: June 30, 2006, 03:48:35 AM »

I think a lot of people are dismissing this type of behaviour because it's axl rose, anyone else would seem like a total asshole..

merck as well as axl make it sound like he was having a nice quiet Am convo in the lobby when a security guard just attacked axl for no reason and he had to save beta

What happened, happened but axl needs to stop playing pass the buck and at least say I had ?a little to much to drink or I was being very loud and didn't listen about taking it elsewhere.. Just seems like it's always someone elses fault, "rent a cop" .he's a rent a cop because axl was acting out of line and wouldn't listen.. He's shitting on that guy, and I'm sure all he was doing is his job.. if he would have just cooperated it all would have been fine, then again he had partied all night so I doubt he was level headed
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #1059 on: June 30, 2006, 04:22:49 AM »

I think a lot of people are dismissing this type of behaviour because it\'s axl rose, anyone else would seem like a total asshole..

merck as well as axl make it sound like he was having a nice quiet Am convo in the lobby when a security guard just attacked axl for no reason and he had to save beta

What happened, happened but axl needs to stop playing pass the buck and at least say I had ?a little to much to drink or I was being very loud and didn\'t listen about taking it elsewhere.. Just seems like it\'s always someone elses fault, \"rent a cop\" .he\'s a rent a cop because axl was acting out of line and wouldn\'t listen.. He\'s shitting on that guy, and I\'m sure all he was doing is his job.. if he would have just cooperated it all would have been fine, then again he had partied all night so I doubt he was level headed

exactly.. too bad axl is such an as to people who just want to do thier jobs. soundmen, roadies, bodyguards, hotel servents,  like scott said hes a kind with out a court. I like him alot but not the way he treat to the other people.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: