Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:41:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough  (Read 21803 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2006, 01:13:25 PM »

For God's sake. Don't you people get tired of comparing one musician to another?

Slash is an amazing guitar player, and I wouldn't be surprised if even Robin would agree with that.

The fact is, Robin is in the band, Slash isn't. Robin isn't in the band because he was in the right bar at the right time. He's in the band because he's the right guy to be there.

He's proven that already. Go and listen to Better for proof.

I suspect we'll find out his other contributions once the album is out.

/jarmo

I know Jarmo but i gotta keep a healthy dose of realism in here hihi otherwise we start geting more and more posts like this

Finck is my favorite new member.
Actually I like him more than Slash.
At the Budapest gig, he was the only one I was watching the whole time.

...I'd be the same way if say somebody said, hmm lets say, "Noel Gallager is a better guitarist than Dave Mustaine" hihi right, sure he is Roll Eyes

i appreciate the fact that people really dig Robin but once shit like that starts i gotta have my say peace

@ Dave they quit cuz they couldn't work with Axl anymore...everyone was at fault, nobody wanted to bend....it wasn't just slash or axl or izzy or duff that broke the band...they made it together and they broke it together

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »

IMHO slash is awsome and finck is average!!he has done nothing to associate why he should even be in the same league as slash!!i mean example, slash wrote scom, wether you're a GNR fan or not 99% of people have heard of it.i havnt heard on of fincks songs outside of GNR.slash is a rock god. finck is average/good IMHO

Yeah and if slash had his way that SCOM we all know and love would have been scrapped.

okay not convinced??great riffs, solo's

rocket queen, november rain, estranged, dont cry, you could be mine list goes on.another fact robin is playing slash's parts, and not doin them much justice.its nothing against robin, i just think slash's sound is unique, even a bad not by slash sounds ok.

No one is saying slash is not good, we all know slash is amazing for what he did in gnr, what we are saying is Finck is not crap like some of you make him out to be. I dont understand some of you. You think if we think Finck is great it must mean we think slashs work in gnr sucked. Stop putting words in our mouths.

And if you really want to go with Robins playing again I have tons of mp3s (I have already posted a few) where slash butchers him own solos that the wrote. And dont give me that shit he was wasted because a lot of them come from 1991 when he was sober for those shows. I posted that Nov Rain solo a few weeks ago and people thought it was Finck playing when it was really slash.

slash was always wasted.if you noticed in 1991 he was fucking up everyfin, 1992 he wasnt.what does that say??st louis for instance i mean he was so wasted!!as for the robin argument, im not slasting him, im just backing up the fact that slash is way above him, people are saying robin is better than slash which i find very hard to beleive

That is always the excuse for slash when he fucked up, oh he was wasted   Roll Eyes

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »

plus iv heard fincks live solo's they arent up to much IMO alot of mistakes.its the energy he plays with, in some respect to slash

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »

i gotta keep a healthy dose of realism in here hihi otherwise we start geting more and more posts like this

...I'd be the same way if say somebody said, hmm lets say, "Noel Gallager is a better guitarist than Dave Mustaine" hihi right, sure he is Roll Eyes

He didn't say anything about anybody being better than anybody. He said that he LIKES Robin more than Slash. We call them "opinions," it might be a good idea to look the word up.

But I am totally ready for you to prove, through the power of "realism," that Lucky can't LIKE Robin more than he likes Slash. Let my strap myself into my chair. . . okay, I'm ready. Go. 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2006, 01:29:21 PM »

i gotta keep a healthy dose of realism in here hihi otherwise we start geting more and more posts like this

He didn't say anything about anybody being better than anybody. He said that he LIKES Robin more than Slash. We call them "opinions," it might be a good idea to look the word up.

But I am totally ready for you to prove, through the power of "realism," that Lucky can't LIKE Robin more than he likes Slash. Let my strap myself into my chair. . . okay, I'm ready. Go.?

who's guitar playing has him coming to a GnR site 13 years after the last studio album?

Tongue

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »

na he does do alot of fuck ups, but its obvius when he is wasted, take st louis, he was fucked, tokoyo dvds he wasnt just didnt hit some notes!!!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2006, 01:35:50 PM »

Neemo
Why someones preference for Robin galls you so much?
Do you assume everyone must like slash than anyone? 

Where Lucky says Robin plays better than slash? Nor does he even say he doesn't like slash.
he's just stating the fact that he PREFERS Robin to slash.

So do I.
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »

But I am totally ready for you to prove, through the power of "realism," that Lucky can't LIKE Robin more than he likes Slash. Let my strap myself into my chair. . . okay, I'm ready. Go. 

who's guitar playing has him coming to a GnR site 13 years after the last studio album?

Tongue
Robin's, apparently. You see, there's this new line-up of GNR now and they're out touring and. . . Well, you can see were that argument kind of falls flat Tongue
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2006, 01:55:51 PM »

Neemo
Why someones preference for Robin galls you so much?
Do you assume everyone must like slash than anyone??

Where Lucky says Robin plays better than slash? Nor does he even say he doesn't like slash.
he's just stating the fact that he PREFERS Robin to slash.

So do I.

yeah i know...but I've seen it escalate before hihi I'm actually surprised this is still not in Deadhorse...

anyway...i don't care who anybody prefers...that's your choice. It's just that Slash's work, along with the rest of the guys in the orig band...made GnR the band they were, and Robin fans, not all mind you, but a healthy dose of them, seem to besmirch Slash and anything associated with him.

I like Slash and Axl equally...I gotta defend slash and all he accomplished in GnR, unfortunately some people don't seem to credit Slash as much as he deserves IMO, and i don't understand how one can like GnR and not like Slash? It's puzzling to me. Undecided

besides I'm working on accepting Robin hihi Right now the only member i can justify as actually being a member of GnR is Axl Embarrassed Hopefully I'll get an album to listen to soon so i can place Slash, Duff and Matt solely in VR and Robin (et al) firmly in GnR in my own mind Wink

Robin's, apparently. You see, there's this new line-up of GNR now and they're out touring and. . . Well, you can see were that argument kind of falls flat Tongue

Well they are playing mostly old tunes from the orig band so i guess you're referring to those 3 "new" songs they play each night? you can see were that argument kind of falls flat Tongue I am being patient, I am, but until they are playing mostly their own stuff they are just Axl's backup band IMO, WHEN the setlist evolves then I'll be going to see the New Guns and Roses, but if by the time they come to my neighborhood and they are still playing 85% AFD songs then I'll be there to see only Axl Sad
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:00:18 PM by Neemo » Logged

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »

IMHO slash is awsome and finck is average!!he has done nothing to associate why he should even be in the same league as slash!!i mean example, slash wrote scom, wether you're a GNR fan or not 99% of people have heard of it.i havnt heard on of fincks songs outside of GNR.slash is a rock god. finck is average/good IMHO

Yeah and if slash had his way that SCOM we all know and love would have been scrapped.

But you never would have known about it so it wouldnt matter.

So what do you have against Slash then? Go on, tell us!

Like I just said, some of you need to get a clue. Just because we think Finck is great doesnt mean we think slashs work in sucks. Where do you people come up with this shit? All I am saying is Finck is great and not crap like some of your claim and his work on the demos and live stuff so far is on par with a lot of the work slash did in gnr.

A few songs and a bunch of live shows is not on a par with slash's work in GNR. Have you noticed that the old line up released a few albums and did the biggest tour ever whilst Slash also managed to establish himself as a lengendary rock n roll icon?

As well as writing some awesome stuff - Slash helped build Guns from nothing to the biggest band in the world. He didnt just hop aboard some established name. Albeit one that has long since been dragged through the mud. To suggest that what Finck has done with GNR is on a par with Slash is a blatent insult to the intelligence of everyone who posts here.

But at least you said Slash's work doesnt suck. Cos if you did..... rant

As for slash just not ?hopping on the est. gnr name and dragging it through the mudd, you know what he did do right?
He quit the band that he helped built and left Axl hanging. He also bad mouths the band every chance he gets.

Are you actually Axl? If so, please get this fucking album out so we can criticise that instead.

I think the general story of why Slash quit was because Axl was a megolomanic who wanted to change the bands style to whatever was fashionable at the time, be it NIN or whatever. Plus, I think making them sign over the band name whilst threatening to leave during a massive tour didnt help. Its not like that worked for him though - 13 years down the line and hes still not done anything really worthy with that name.

Also, rejecting all of Slash's material, his general disdain for fans etc probably didnt help.

So does Slash really bad mouth the band at all? Please provide examples.....

As far as I see he doesnt really care that much, and rightly so. Its not like hes tarnished the GNR name or anything. He quit whilst he was ahead. If someone rejected everything I put forward Id leave too.

But we've been over this all a million times so theres not much else to say.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2006, 02:01:57 PM »

Also, rejecting all of Slash's material, his general disdain for fans etc probably didnt help.

actually Duff reportedly walked out on those sessions first, before Axl Wink

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »

the above two posts except thei one^^ are my exact thoughts!!!spot on

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2006, 02:06:40 PM »

So Duff rejected all of Slash's material?

I wasnt aware of that.

So why did Duff leave then?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2006, 02:07:51 PM »

So Duff rejected all of Slash's material?

I wasnt aware of that.

So why did Duff leave then?

duff was the last to leave wasnt he??

duff couldnt have rejected it when he ended up playing some on its 5 oclock somewhere

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2006, 02:11:46 PM »

Well thats what I thought, but loads of folks on here seem to have actually been there when this was all happening so maybe they'd know something we dont.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2006, 02:16:37 PM »

plus i thought slash and axl were never in the same room together since UYI recordings and they were apart for some of them confused Huh

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2006, 02:18:53 PM »

But you never would have known about it so it wouldnt matter.

So what do you have against Slash then? Go on, tell us!

Like I just said, some of you need to get a clue. Just because we think Finck is great doesnt mean we think slashs work in sucks. Where do you people come up with this shit? All I am saying is Finck is great and not crap like some of your claim and his work on the demos and live stuff so far is on par with a lot of the work slash did in gnr.

A few songs and a bunch of live shows is not on a par with slash's work in GNR. Have you noticed that the old line up released a few albums and did the biggest tour ever whilst Slash also managed to establish himself as a lengendary rock n roll icon?

As well as writing some awesome stuff - Slash helped build Guns from nothing to the biggest band in the world. He didnt just hop aboard some established name. Albeit one that has long since been dragged through the mud. To suggest that what Finck has done with GNR is on a par with Slash is a blatent insult to the intelligence of everyone who posts here.

But at least you said Slash's work doesnt suck. Cos if you did..... rant

As for slash just not ?hopping on the est. gnr name and dragging it through the mudd, you know what he did do right?
He quit the band that he helped built and left Axl hanging. He also bad mouths the band every chance he gets.

Are you actually Axl? If so, please get this fucking album out so we can criticise that instead.

I think the general story of why Slash quit was because Axl was a megolomanic who wanted to change the bands style to whatever was fashionable at the time, be it NIN or whatever. Plus, I think making them sign over the band name whilst threatening to leave during a massive tour didnt help. Its not like that worked for him though - 13 years down the line and hes still not done anything really worthy with that name.

So does Slash really bad mouth the band at all? Please provide examples.....

As far as I see he doesnt really care that much, and rightly so. Its not like hes tarnished the GNR name or anything. He quit whilst he was ahead. If someone rejected everything I put forward Id leave too.

But we've been over this all a million times so theres not much else to say.

First off Slash quite because he did not want to evolve the band. The funny thing is he refused to work on axl songs yet you get pissed when ?you say Axl rejected slashs material which is not true. Axl told slash his songs needed work and slash refused to fix them up. That is why axl later asked for the songs because axl thought slash fixed them up but he didnt and instead used them for snake pit. ?

As for Axl making the band sign over the name, that is because they were ?wasted back then and Axl did not want them fucking up the band.

How does Axl has disdain for the band, please explain that one?

The fact is slash and duff quit over the musical direction of the band yet when they went to VR instead of sounding like gnr they ended up sounding llike STP which is not the direction they wanted to go in with axl ?rofl

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »

I like Slash and Axl equally...I gotta defend slash and all he accomplished in GnR, unfortunately some people don't seem to credit Slash as much as he deserves IMO, and i don't understand how one can like GnR and not like Slash? It's puzzling to me. Undecided

And yet you understand how one can like GnR and HATE Axl with passion? Or Robin.
That would be puzzling to me.

You can always like the music and not the writer. not everyone digs artists.
I'm usually rather indifferent too.
I don't understand some fans strong hatred toward the musicians.
madagas
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2006, 02:29:05 PM »

This board is down and out Huh  rant Just thread upon thread of useless babble.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

I agree with Neemo's posts. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: