Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Roskilde !!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roskilde !!!  (Read 20433 times)
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2006, 02:15:04 PM »

about that roskilde festival newsletter - i actually managed to climpse at the sigur ros review first and when i saw it i knew what was coming for axl.

but even the most ardent of supporter must admit that the soloing does get a bit much. of course axls breaks do provide much more positives than negatives as they [must] help him to perform, but fuck me - do we really need to hear that wretched beautiful any more?
saw the raconteurs the final night and they covered nacy sinatras 'bang bang (my baby shot me down)' (of kill bill fame). thats a tune that would have been perfect in the tradition of godfather and even buckets star wars. instead we get linda fucking perry and christina aguilera.

but nontheless it was just another great show. its such a chore seeing them isnt?! Roll Eyes rofl
the band really are terrific, tommy is great fun and axl sings and performs with a conviction that completely ruins everything else as nobody can hold a candle to him.

though saying that, bob dylan was ridiculously brilliant.

but really all i can do is echo what has been said of the tour and the show before. they're just great. and the reworked chin dem title track is as awesome as it deserves to be.

but again, aside from the gaps (which wouldnt be so bad were they to change the beautiful solo into something more fitting a gnr world), the only complaint i can have is that i wish every night was a gnr show. its unfair for axl to be that good. hes a fucker.

(is the slipping bit pre-meditated? does he do it every show? if so, id lose that too)
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2006, 02:08:30 AM »

Phil... you know, I agree with you.

But I have to say: I thoroughly enjoy the 'Beautiful' solo and find it both touching and, well, beautiful. It's a bloody great melody and I like that they have the balls to cover it. It also goes to show that Axl is still Axl.

That's NIN meets Elton John meets Fiona Apple.. doesn't matter. If it's good - genuine - it's good and genuine. Robin is much the same way. I bet it was his idea.

I've watched this guitar version of Beautiful from Rio 5 (Lisbon) around 25 times now. When Finck comes in... it almst gets me misty-eyed. It's that beautiful and heartfelt. And for anyone who's ever banged a drum or two pots.. Fortus and Finck have more chemistry than Dr. Frankenstein had! Whoa.

What pisses me off with the Danish media - I mean they've been ridiculous for years (last CORRECT, great, strong review I read was Mellencamp in Valby Hallen in 1994, and that goes for BOTH Politiken and Belingske) - is the damage it does...

.. talking to a colleague here Monday - a huge old-school metal fan and he would have loved to see Axl and the guys for the nostalgia he said - but his first words were: "So... let down?"

I tried explaining it to him and he interrupted me going "Hey, c'mon, they ALL said it, even P3 [radio].. it couldn't have been good". We actually got into somewhat of an argument. Crazy huh?  hihi

Waste of energy, waste of everything... especially when one had a blast and the band DELIVERED! Sad shit.

Things got straightened out though and I explained it to him.. about the four walking, talking journalistic jokes who set the tone here..

Ekstra Bladet = Thomas Treo.
BT = Steffen Jungersen.
Politiken = Erik Jensen.
Berlingske: Thomas S?ie.

.. and how they have for years. Always prejudiced and always kicking up a storm. Utterly sad.

Thank God for Rolling Stone, NY Times, BBC and such...

peace

RF

DemocracyRose
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2006, 02:32:01 AM »

about that roskilde festival newsletter - i actually managed to climpse at the sigur ros review first and when i saw it i knew what was coming for axl.

Has the festival said anything about the GNR concert?(newsletter)
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2006, 03:14:14 AM »

Yup.  They got 2/5.  Which also floored me.  I mean... WTF?

Right afterwards (as always) a Roskilde announcer came on stage to close it and RAVED about the show, in the terms of "What a way to open, how was that huh?"  He was really excited.

Dellorto
Opening Act

« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2006, 06:37:39 PM »

Hey Danes,

I read that Axl and Lars ulrich drunk some beers in a night club in copenhagen.

where is this pub? just for my curiosty...I live in DK last year...

beer

tak!

are you ready?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2006, 09:35:18 AM »

Axl: GIve me the fucking ball

he says this while singing WTTJ. what was that all abooot?
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2006, 09:38:23 AM »

haha, was that what he said? i was right there, like 15 metres from him, and i heard him say something and then said "thank you" and kicked the ball back out in the crowd! Grin funny shit!
Origen
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2006, 09:43:57 AM »

At one concert he kicked a football into the audience, so it was probably that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:05:13 AM by Origen » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2006, 09:46:07 AM »

must have been the ball you can see on that bumblefoot picture...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »

Dellorto... It was the NASA nightclub which is members only and the most ultimate nightclub in all of Denmark.  Close by, on the ground floor (NASA is penthouse) is Club 8, which is also exclusive but open to the general public.

Ulrich and Nielsen, with Axl, were spotted both days.

My girlfriend's good friend were at Club 8 on the Friday, and they were all there. She asked someone to hold/look after her bag while she went dancing (they had a few drinks) and later we all found out... It was probably Beta!  ok    Elderly/motherly woman, in Axl's entourage... Beta  ok

Funny, huh?

RF

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: