Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:31:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Acoustic Show
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Acoustic Show  (Read 27320 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2006, 06:05:52 PM »

I don't care if they knew either. But if they did, what's the reason for calling it and posting it as a "surpise" show? And saying it was luck and being in the right place at the right time. It's just a little odd to me. Especially about the ones who got to attend the show.

It's luck. When somebody who recognizes you is at the door when you get there, it's luck.

I only knew of the location of gig because I heard from somebody outside another club that something might be going on there.

So, if I had arrived later to the first club I wouldn't have heard about it, and if I had arrived later at the secret location, I wouldn't have made it inside.

I consider it luck and I feel very fortunate to have witnessed that show. I'm very grateful to the people who made it happen.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2006, 10:37:21 PM »

I don't care if they knew either. But if they did, what's the reason for calling it and posting it as a "surpise" show? And saying it was luck and being in the right place at the right time. It's just a little odd to me. Especially about the ones who got to attend the show.

It's luck. When somebody who recognizes you is at the door when you get there, it's luck.

I only knew of the location of gig because I heard from somebody outside another club that something might be going on there.

So, if I had arrived later to the first club I wouldn't have heard about it, and if I had arrived later at the secret location, I wouldn't have made it inside.

I consider it luck and I feel very fortunate to have witnessed that show. I'm very grateful to the people who made it happen.? ok

/jarmo

and to be honest, the gig wasn't really a secret, there was a lot of "regular" people at the gig as far as i understand and there is no surprice that a few hardcore fans gets in there aswell ... axl kept talking about it throughout the whole fuckin' concert on the 29th for gods sake..

he even read a fuckin list of names, in the middle of the show and after the show, that were in a competiton to win a ticket to the show or whatever... if you get to attend a show like that, it's luck. And anyone can be lucky.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2006, 01:19:28 AM »

God, what's with all these acoustic shows? Axl must be feeling pretty friggin generous gorging himself on these EXTRA shows,pretty women,midgets, and joints. How could he have time to play Civil War with all that?  hihi
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:27:50 AM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2006, 01:37:30 AM »

uhm...where are the pics from that show? Im tired of looking ...I know.. I couldn't find my own ass.

Well, it's only 4 pages. LOOK.

OK, now that was funny..............

Well, it wasn't supposed to be funny.

I'm getting tired of all these people who are "tired" to look through 4 fuckin pages for a link.

It's not that fuckin difficult. Why do we have to look through 40 pages of posts full of "tired" people and the same links over and over again?

You could be nicer, and isn't it ironic... you're tired of tired people  hihi I honestly spent quiet a long time searching.... So I MISSED A LITTLE FUCKING LINK , well suck my big toe motherfucker, sorry for not spending 24h everyday here reading every single post to keep up with everything !  get a life Tongue Tongue

I have a life, that's why I don't wanna spend my days reading through posts like yours, asking for links that have been posted a couple of pages ago, cause all you had to do is search 4 pages, not 40.

So, "motherfucker" do your search cause next time I won't be so nice.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2006, 01:45:31 AM »

I got in because I was in the right place at the exact right time. I guess it's called luck....

/jarmo

Well, to be quite honest, that was the same case for me... At 3 AM I was still standing outside Wembley, IN THE FUCKIN RAIN, and ofcourse the last thing I had in mind was the acoustic gig.

All I wanted was to get the fuck out of there. But then a true angel came my way and I found myself in there, enjoying the best GNR gig ever...

Not much to say that hasn't been said. A few details on other's reviews are wrong but I'm too tired to list them now, I'll write them down tomorrow...

I need some Gyros, some Greek Gyros...  Grin

that was FUNNY!  Grin Grin Grin now you can have all the Greek Gyros you want baby.... Grin Grin Grin i ll be up there in Salonica in a few weeks, so i ll take you out to dinner and you can eat all the gyros you want, while you ll tell me all the juice details about the acoustic gig! i ll buy the dinner!  Grin

Actually, I didn't really mean that, that was something said by the band at the acoustic gig but I guess not so many people got it...

crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2006, 02:48:49 AM »

I got in because I was in the right place at the exact right time. I guess it's called luck....

/jarmo

Well, to be quite honest, that was the same case for me... At 3 AM I was still standing outside Wembley, IN THE FUCKIN RAIN, and ofcourse the last thing I had in mind was the acoustic gig.

All I wanted was to get the fuck out of there. But then a true angel came my way and I found myself in there, enjoying the best GNR gig ever...

Not much to say that hasn't been said. A few details on other's reviews are wrong but I'm too tired to list them now, I'll write them down tomorrow...

I need some Gyros, some Greek Gyros...  Grin

that was FUNNY!  Grin Grin Grin now you can have all the Greek Gyros you want baby.... Grin Grin Grin i ll be up there in Salonica in a few weeks, so i ll take you out to dinner and you can eat all the gyros you want, while you ll tell me all the juice details about the acoustic gig! i ll buy the dinner!  Grin

Actually, I didn't really mean that, that was something said by the band at the acoustic gig but I guess not so many people got it...

really?? that s so cool! Grin Grin they really liked gyros ..... ok
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:15:06 AM by Christos AG » Logged

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:31 PM »

Well, here's an attempt at reviewing the acoustic gig...

At 3 am I was still at Wembley, trying to get the hell out of there, in the rain (which I like but not at that particular moment)...

Finally we see a cab and I'm going crazy cause 2 chicks stop it and are trying to take it so I'm staring at the cab driver with a REALLY WEIRD look saying "YOU ARE MINE" repeatedly, I'm pretty sure I scared some friends that night... However it worked...  Grin

We arrived at Regent street about 20 minutes later, not knowing where the acoustic gig was. And then a text on my cell from my ANGEL... God I love my ANGEL...

I go to the club and my first attempt in getting in didn't work, but then I got lucky and a friend noticed me, so I got in the second time.

Unfortunately I couldn't get my buddy in so he listened to the whole gig from outside the club.

Anyway, I managed to get infront of the band, and when the gig started it was just surreal...

So, now the details that others don't seem to remember so well, not in the right order cause I was too fuckin excited to remember this shit...

After Knockin' On Heaven's Door Axl mentioned that the first time they played this song was back in 1987, at their first gig in the UK, at the Marquee and he joked "but who cares about that?" to which I laughed and replied "WE DOOOOOO...."

At some point Ron went over to Robin's side and took his guitar to play a part of a song, don't remember which was it, and Robin just sat there watching him playing his electric guitar, which was kinda funny.

Then at some other point Axl mentioned that they only did this gig so that Robin could wear his clogs...  Grin

Babydolls mentioned a song which Axl dedicated to some guy in there, well, that guy owned the club.

When Axl denied to do a song and joked with a funny voice "Our survey says insert funny negative sound here fuck that (or fuck you or something like that)...", that song was requested by Frank, Axl said "that was Frank's first request and it was denied" so Frank laughed really hard...  hihi

The White Russians were drinks for the band.

Well, some assholes kept on pushing us so Ron asked repeatedly for people to go back, when they didn't do anything about it he said "I'll push you back" and he jumped into the crowd pushing everybody back, now THAT was fuckin cooooool...

The band also joked about wanting to eat some Gyros, some Greek Gyros.

Sailing was simply amazing, it was great at Wembley but at the acoustic it was fuckin unbelievable, Axl at his best. I can't stop thinking about that song since Saturday night. Axl said that Merck and someone else were very happy that they played that song.

Then Axl joked about Merck always using his cell and Merck said that he's playing his instrument.

And IRS... I don't know if I've ever said it here but the lyrics are REALLY important to me. I just love knowing the lyrics to a song. Actually when I'm buying a new cd, at first I'll read the lyrics and then I'll listen to the cd.

So Axl was singing IRS and I was reading the lyrics from his screen. While I was reading the lyrics there was some guy right behind me who was singing with the lyrics you all know and I was laughing my ass off cause the lyrics we thought we knew were so fuckin wrong.

Boy are you in for a surprise when the booklet comes out... Most of the lyrics transcribed on the forums are kinda funny when you read the real ones... or when you hear someone singing them with a crappy voice...  rofl Don't ask me to remember them but "when you plead the fifth" or "With a cheap hangover" or "Feelin' like I'm livin' inside this song" don't exist in the song...

So, anyway, Axl was in a great mood, Chris Pittman and Frank seemed so fuckin happy, Ron REALLY enjoyed it, Richard and Tommy were having fun and Robin was kinda in his own world, which is something I love about Robin. Dizzy seemed kinda serious... But he seemed too serious to me throughout this whole tour so don't take my opinion too seriously  rofl...

If I remember something more, I'll let ya know...

cb11214
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:43 PM »

Seen this on another board

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=cuckoo%20club%20arrivals%20300706

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=cuckoo%20club%20departures%20300706
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »

Actually they're on this site's news...

cb11214
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2006, 09:33:20 PM »

Sorry, didn't see that
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »

Oh, Axl also talked about when they first asked Frank to learn these songs, he replied that he already knows them cause (now I don't remember what he said exactly) "every self-respecting musician had to play these songs in the ghetto" or something like that... I'm not so sure about the ghetto...

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2006, 09:44:29 PM »

Boy are you in for a surprise when the booklet comes out... Most of the lyrics transcribed on the forums are kinda funny when you read the real ones... or when you hear someone singing them with a crappy voice...? rofl Don't ask me to remember them but "when you plead the fifth" or "With a cheap hangover" or "Feelin' like I'm livin' inside this song" don't exist in the song...

i always thought that that line was "Feelin' like the rhythm guitar to this song" but who knows could just be me hearing things  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2006, 10:07:19 PM »

Boy are you in for a surprise when the booklet comes out... Most of the lyrics transcribed on the forums are kinda funny when you read the real ones... or when you hear someone singing them with a crappy voice...  rofl Don't ask me to remember them but "when you plead the fifth" or "With a cheap hangover" or "Feelin' like I'm livin' inside this song" don't exist in the song...

i always thought that that line was "Feelin' like the rhythm guitar to this song" but who knows could just be me hearing things  hihi

Nope... Wrong as well...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2006, 10:14:31 PM »

Boy are you in for a surprise when the booklet comes out... Most of the lyrics transcribed on the forums are kinda funny when you read the real ones... or when you hear someone singing them with a crappy voice...? rofl Don't ask me to remember them but "when you plead the fifth" or "With a cheap hangover" or "Feelin' like I'm livin' inside this song" don't exist in the song...

i always thought that that line was "Feelin' like the rhythm guitar to this song" but who knows could just be me hearing things? hihi

Nope... Wrong as well...

For fuck's sake, post the correct lyrics then. In the right thread! Tongue

I remember Axl talking about Kimi and vodka Red Bull..... Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2006, 10:17:41 PM »

i always thought that that line was "Feelin' like the rhythm guitar to this song" but who knows could just be me hearing things? hihi

Nope... Wrong as well...

/jarmo

What AXl say about KIMI ?

IRS accoustic must be kick ass huh, you dont have pics from your cel ?!  beer

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »

I think he mentioned going out with him in Finland and how Kimi would order a bunch of drinks at once.

That was when they were getting Frank a White Russian from the bar....

/jarmo

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2006, 10:20:51 PM »

Nope... Wrong as well...

/jarmo

Yep, only a Finnish would remember that...  Grin

I don't remember the fuckin lyrics, I'm really trying but I don't. All I remember is that the ones most people are singing are crap.  Grin

IRS accoustic must be kick ass huh, you dont have pics from your cel ?!  beer

Well, the ones that have already been posted are great so no use for my crappy ones...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »

I think he mentioned going out with him in Finland and how Kimi would order a bunch of drinks at once.

/jarmo

I'm pretty sure there were more than one white russian served but I don't remember who drank those. It wasn't Axl for sure...

Maybe Chris and Frank...

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2006, 11:16:59 PM »

mm In that part of IRS I hear something like this:

"feeling like I r......... get tired of this sound"

is it any closer? Huh

also the part where everyone think it says "plead the fifth" sounds more like "bleed the hit (hick?)"Huh

lol, I'm really confused now Tongue
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 11:47:33 PM by dodger girl » Logged

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2006, 03:44:55 AM »

/jarmo

I'm pretty sure there were more than one white russian served but I don't remember who drank those. It wasn't Axl for sure...

Maybe Chris and Frank...

What was Axl actually drinking? and Robin?

and Christos - THANK YOU for above review. It made me feel like I was there. I can not fucking belive I was in London that night, but sleeping... where was my ANGEL?? no
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 03:47:18 AM by Velimir » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: