Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Acoustic Show
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Acoustic Show  (Read 27194 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2006, 03:53:31 AM »

mm In that part of IRS I hear something like this:

"feeling like I r......... get tired of this sound"

is it any closer? Huh

also the part where everyone think it says "plead the fifth" sounds more like "bleed the hit (hick?)"Huh

lol, I'm really confused now Tongue

I think it's something like "Feeling like I'm never getting out of this song"...

And the other one says something like "so when you lead..." but I don't remember the exact lyrics.

What was Axl actually drinking? and Robin?

Well, to be honest, that is something that I don't remember.

and Christos - THANK YOU for above review. It made me feel like I was there. I can not fucking belive I was in London that night, but sleeping... where was my ANGEL?  no

You're welcome. I tried to write down all I could remember. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of things I keep on forgetting but shit happens...  Grin

Please excuse my shock at the time...

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2006, 03:57:52 AM »

THat is some exciting stuff, love reading this thread, nothing like feeling good vibes from other awesome fans who get it. Christos , jarmo, babydolls , all were who were there, Im so happy for you guys, and thank you for your interpretations of what must and clearly was an awesome evening !, ROCK ON!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2006, 04:04:28 AM »

Nah don't worry about it... you made great interpretation of things... btw. next time you should offer the band some MEDICA... it taste great and mix well with Red Bull? Wink

Funny how with all the rumours of Axl drinking again (and doing drugs) I can only catch the guy drinking mineral water... or champagne... I mean, how drunk can you get from champagne?

And everytime I ask if anyone did see him drinking something else, no one knows... it is like a COMMON AMNESIA? hihi ... what, did he bite a leg because mineral water was not good that day?

Smiley

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2006, 04:25:15 AM »

Nah don't worry about it... you made great interpretation of things... btw. next time you should offer the band some MEDICA... it taste great and mix well with Red Bull  Wink

Funny how with all the rumours of Axl drinking again (and doing drugs) I can only catch the guy drinking mineral water... or champagne... I mean, how drunk can you get from champagne?

And everytime I ask if anyone did see him drinking something else, no one knows... it is like a COMMON AMNESIA  hihi ... what, did he bite a leg because mineral water was not good that day?

Smiley

It's not like he's drunk, trust me, a drunk wouldn't remember all these details he's mentioning...

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »

Well that is exactly what I want to prove. Everyone is taking how He is back to drugs and heavy drinking. Even if he is it is his personal choice and I don't care, but people seems to forget you can have fun and enjoy life even without it. And He said it million times in what way it affects his singing. And yes I doubt a constant drunk and drugged person to have such a detailed memories... This was posted from Sony Ericsson K800
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 05:24:24 AM by Velimir » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2006, 07:52:54 AM »

I thought nothing could top the show on Saturday night. It was just amazing.

So when the show ended, we had heard rumors about an after show party in Soho. We thought we'd try and get a cab and go see what's going on there. If it failed, we could always go somewhere else for a drink or go get some sleep.

We waited at Wembley for maybe 90 minutes for a cab. We tried stopping them and calling. When we finally got one, I thought we'd arrive too late.

We get to Regent Street and go to the club where the rumored party was and security wouldn't let us in. So we waited for a bit since we had nothing better to do. Then I started noticing people outside talking about this second club.

Which made me a bit confused. Then I think Christos got a message.

We didn't have much to lose, so we headed there and pretty much as soon as we got there I was let in because a person at the door recognized me. Which was the first shock of the evening. Totally unexpected.

As mentioned, Christos got in later thanks to another person.

So I walk in and realize this place is tiny! When you got in, there's a bar at the other end of the room and to your left is like a small area with couches or something. Sort of like a separate elevated area from the dance floor. That turned out to be the stage.

The stage was being prepared, instruments were being tuned and then band members started arriving.

I remember asking Christos for a piece of paper so I could write down the setlist, otherwise there's no way I'd remember it.

The show starts around 4am and they played ten songs. It was very surreal!

I was standing to the left, right in front of Dizzy with some girls in front of me. The tallest guys, including Christos, were standing in front of Axl...

I think some of the crowd didn't seem to understand what "try to take a step back" means. When we'd take a step back, people behind us would get annoyed! Some even tried to get into the space which was created in front of us when we did. WTF? People were being pushed on stage and some people thought we were giving them an opportunity to get closer when we took a step back?? no

Thanks to Bumblefoot for taking care of things.? ?ok

After the show we hang around until the lights came on and the music stopped. When we got out there were still photographers outside.? nervous

Very surreal night. Thanks to GN'R for making it happen and thanks to those who made it possible for me to see it!  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2006, 08:48:50 AM »

Great Review Jarmo!
thanks for sharing!!!  ok

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
madagas
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2006, 09:04:21 AM »

Nice stories Jarmo and Christos. Thanks for sharing...Was Tommy the one who recognized you two? How was SWAY at the acoustic show? peace peace
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 09:05:53 AM by madagas » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »

No, Tommy wasn't the one.

Everything sounded amazing at that show! Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2006, 09:38:21 AM »

No, Tommy wasn't the one.

Everything sounded amazing at that show! Cheesy

/jarmo

if there was a smiley to portray JEALOUS i would post it because that is so me at the moment i wish so much i could of been there  crying

ah well maybe another time (yeah right)

its sounds like the night of dreams for a gunner fan
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »

i'm so happy for you guys  Kiss.

I'll keep on dreaming with a night like that  drool  beer

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2006, 04:26:36 PM »

uhm...where are the pics from that show? Im tired of looking ...I know.. I couldn't find my own ass.

Well, it's only 4 pages. LOOK.

OK, now that was funny..............

Well, it wasn't supposed to be funny.

I'm getting tired of all these people who are "tired" to look through 4 fuckin pages for a link.

It's not that fuckin difficult. Why do we have to look through 40 pages of posts full of "tired" people and the same links over and over again?

You could be nicer, and isn't it ironic... you're tired of tired people? hihi I honestly spent quiet a long time searching.... So I MISSED A LITTLE FUCKING LINK , well suck my big toe motherfucker, sorry for not spending 24h everyday here reading every single post to keep up with everything !? get a life Tongue Tongue

I have a life, that's why I don't wanna spend my days reading through posts like yours, asking for links that have been posted a couple of pages ago, cause all you had to do is search 4 pages, not 40.

So, "motherfucker" do your search cause next time I won't be so nice.

you dont wanna spend? but you did  hihi Next time you wont be so nice? oooh scary  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2006, 07:54:10 PM »

Fantastic review. If it was me, I would be left outside the club with no way to get in. I'm glad that our regulars found their way inside. ok

I am hoping for one or two US acoustic surprise shows.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »

I really enjoyed reading AGs and Jarmos review of the show.

Seems like an awesome gig.

Too bad in North America we don't have a cool clique like Will , AG, Jarmo, Adz, and Jim.

You Europeanos seem like an awesome bunch of fellas.

Fuck All Y'all
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2006, 08:29:46 PM »

Thank you. We are available for bookings now. Add some European cool to your pre-show meetings. Wink

Does anybody know the capacity of this place? I'm guessing there were max 200 people there.

/jarmo

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2006, 08:39:45 PM »

Thank you. We are available for bookings now. Add some European cool to your pre-show meetings. Wink

Does anybody know the capacity of this place? I'm guessing there were max 200 people there.

/jarmo

http://www.thecuckooclub.com/flash.htm <<< theres the website, should have info about it, havent checked yet

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2006, 08:48:20 PM »

The Cuckoo Club features 5,000 square feet of glamorous interior design spread over two floors, with a capacity of 300, and a committee list which reads like a who?s who of creative talent in London.
http://www.regentstreetonline.com/RegentStreet/EatDrinkChannel/The+Cuckoo+Club.htm

So that should be around 150/floor?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2006, 09:55:26 PM »

/jarmo

What might I ask, comes with this "European coolness"?

Do NOT make me drink your nasty guiness beer Tongue
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2006, 10:01:35 PM »

That's not European, that's Irish!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »

/jarmo

What might I ask, comes with this "European coolness"?

Do NOT make me drink your nasty guiness beer Tongue

Well, what more do you need?

You get the HAIR, the GREEK and the Finnish... It doesn't get any cooler than that.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: