Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 08:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227989 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK  (Read 29290 times)
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 04:30:58 AM »

what's even more significant IMO is that he played so many shows, without any cancels (on his behalf)

Even in the illusion tour, some shows got cancelled!

Perhaps Axl has found some inner peace now

Like peeing clouds!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2006, 05:46:55 AM »

Ok so i'm listening to the show right now...and since being at hammerstein, i think axl's voice is great once again.? BUT, for only about half the show.? It gets "tired" after about 10 songs...thats the only thing that is a little discouraging.

You tell me anybody who can sing like Axl does at his age and not get tired after 1 song?? Give the guy a break, he's trying his best and I'm just glad he's out there performing and sounding a hell of a lot better than in 02. Whatever he's doing to sound like he does now I hope keeps it up for years to come  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2006, 06:52:35 AM »

There's no two ways about it; Axls voice is somehow better now than it's ever been.

Anyone who says his voice wears out eventually needs to look up any bootleg from the Illusions tour to find out what he really sounds like when his voice wears out.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2006, 08:48:05 AM »

There's no two ways about it; Axls voice is somehow better now than it's ever been.

Anyone who says his voice wears out eventually needs to look up any bootleg from the Illusions tour to find out what he really sounds like when his voice wears out.

+1 - I know you all love the rasp, but it's a double-edged sword which is why he is using it less now. However, I'm going to resist the temptation to sermonize about his vocal technique for the thousandth time since it has approximately the effect of trying to teach Darwinian theory to people from the middle ages.
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2006, 09:05:52 AM »

Just listen to 2002's Live and Let Die screams...or opening to Jungle.  He held the notes 5 times longer on those songs.

He only did the full Jungle scream like two or three times in 01-02. I can think of Rio, Osaka and the VMA's off the top of my head.

And notice how after doing the full Jungle intro at the VMA's that he was completely out of breath afterwards.

He's lost a fair amount of weight since that time and now he can actually achieve vibratto in his falsetto, something he couldn't do in 2001-2002.
Leeds 02. you can get the video (or you used to be able to) from sladdi's website. I thought his voice was really good at that show (being there in person) though i do admit, the VMA show was appaling. He, in fact the whole band, sounded amazing at hammersmith
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »

His voice sounds a lot better than it did back in 2002. ?No doubt about it. ?And that is a very good thing for Axl and his fans. ?Kind of why I hope they perform at the VMA's, so this time he will out perform all the lip synching garbage that MTV promotes these days.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 09:07:49 AM »

DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK

..well i guess its helpful, especially as he is a lead singer, and all that. ?hihi
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2006, 09:34:19 AM »

DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK

..well i guess its helpful, especially as he is a lead singer, and all that.  hihi

i guess i have to agree with that hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »

His voice is much better that 2002.  Not quite the Illusion era, but then again he's 44 now.  But for being 44, sounds awesome.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2006, 11:25:25 AM »

and yet another stupid topic.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2006, 12:01:19 PM »

and yet another stupid topic.

so what`s more stupid?  the topic, or the people who`re posting in it?

Tongue

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »

His voice is much better that 2002.  Not quite the Illusion era, but then again he's 44 now.  But for being 44, sounds awesome.

Again, check out some of the bootlegs from the Illusion tours. His voice is somehow better now. For one small example, check out Estranged on the Tokyo DVD.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »

His voice is much better that 2002.? Not quite the Illusion era, but then again he's 44 now.? But for being 44, sounds awesome.

Again, check out some of the bootlegs from the Illusion tours. His voice is somehow better now. For one small example, check out Estranged on the Tokyo DVD.

That was a concert....where his voice had left him an hour prior to that one song......There are A LOT more shows that are A LOT better......his voice back then was untouchable....several different metal magazines awarded him vocalist of the year a few times from 91 - 93.....I read them when it was happening. I was a teenager then. He sounds good now, but he used to be ridiculous... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2006, 12:27:53 PM »

did axl have a vocal coach in 02'? can a vocal coach bring that rasp back because it was completley gone in 02'

He did have one back then and that is why he sung that way. The rasp is him singing WRONG.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »

That was a concert....where his voice had left him an hour prior to that one song......There are A LOT more shows that are A LOT better......his voice back then was untouchable....several different metal magazines awarded him vocalist of the year a few times from 91 - 93.....I read them when it was happening. I was a teenager then. He sounds good now, but he used to be ridiculous... peace

Thats why I referred to it as one small example.

I've heard probably 100+ shows from that tour and there wasn't one show where Axl sounded as good consistantly through the whole show as he does now.

I saw that tour 3 times (when it came through Detroit) and he didn't sound as good as when I saw them at Hammerstein earlier this year at any of those 3 shows.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2006, 12:34:52 PM »

His voice is much better that 2002.? Not quite the Illusion era, but then again he's 44 now.? But for being 44, sounds awesome.

I've heard probably 100+ shows from that tour and there wasn't one show where Axl sounded as good consistantly through the whole show as he does now.

I saw that tour 3 times (when it came through Detroit) and he didn't sound as good as when I saw them at Hammerstein earlier this year at any of those 3 shows.

Yeah...ck out some late 92...and all of 93' that are good quality.......like I said...ridiculous.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2006, 12:36:47 PM »

"DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK?"

I think the proper question is does anybody not realize how significant it is? ?

It is totally obvious that it is much better than in 2002. ?All the 2002-Axl radicals that argued till the end of time that his voice wasn't any different have the contrary proof in their faces, and ears of course. ?Watching the Rock Am Ring 2006 show gets me ecstatic. ?No show in 2002 did that other than the VMA's which was mainly caused by the novelty of just seeing him after all those years.

Even my mother who has been totally turned off by Axl since 2002 exclaimed "WOOOOOOO! He's Baaaaaaaaaaack!" after seeing him nail "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" at the Budapest show.

It's truly awesome. ?Now, if he'll drop the release date at the VMA's this year I think we'll mostly all be happy (unless the album still doesn't come out of course).

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2006, 12:42:01 PM »

Yeah...ck out some late 92...and all of 93' that are good quality.......like I said...ridiculous.

?? I saw them at the Palace in 91, at the Silverdome in 92 and back at the Palace in 93. Not to mention all of the boots in between.

He was definately alot more hit or miss back then than he is now.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »

?? I saw them at the Palace in 91, at the Silverdome in 92 and back at the Palace in 93. Not to mention all of the boots in between.

He was definately alot more hit or miss back then than he is now.
I am going to absolutely disagree with you.......let's just hope cd comes out soon.... peace

greendog
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2006, 01:15:20 PM »

Axl blantly sounds like shit.? SOrry

ummm... yeah  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: