Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?  (Read 26652 times)
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 11:46:42 AM »

14/11/06 - im telling you thats the date

Yes it is. My birthday that is.  Grin
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 11:47:26 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..

I think Axl didn't get more in depth because things *still* arent' 100% finalized. ?And as frustrating as that is, it's the smart move. ?After 10+ years of waiting, all the false starts, frustrations, and problems that have popped up along the way, Axl simply cannot afford to further piss off or alienate fans. ?Playing it completely safe, and not announcing a date until *everything* is in place and ready to go seems to be a very, very smart move at this point.

Granted, it's still frustrating to hear "this year" and wonder if he means "this calendar year" or "within the next twelve months," but I don't know if I could handle being told "Nov. 11 2006" and then it didn't happen. ?Like I said, I think Axl and GnR are doing the right thing by not naming a date yet...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 12:07:10 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..

I think Axl didn't get more in depth because things *still* arent' 100% finalized.  And as frustrating as that is, it's the smart move.  After 10+ years of waiting, all the false starts, frustrations, and problems that have popped up along the way, Axl simply cannot afford to further piss off or alienate fans.  Playing it completely safe, and not announcing a date until *everything* is in place and ready to go seems to be a very, very smart move at this point.

Granted, it's still frustrating to hear "this year" and wonder if he means "this calendar year" or "within the next twelve months," but I don't know if I could handle being told "Nov. 11 2006" and then it didn't happen.  Like I said, I think Axl and GnR are doing the right thing by not naming a date yet...

If you ask me, they shouldn't do another show past the 'warm up' dates until the album is 100% ready to go. I'm fine for it to be released during the tour but I think they should announce it before.

Here today...ready to rock
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 12:11:56 PM »

I think Axl didn't get more in depth because things *still* arent' 100% finalized. ?And as frustrating as that is, it's the smart move. ?After 10+ years of waiting, all the false starts, frustrations, and problems that have popped up along the way, Axl simply cannot afford to further piss off or alienate fans. ?Playing it completely safe, and not announcing a date until *everything* is in place and ready to go seems to be a very, very smart move at this point.

Granted, it's still frustrating to hear "this year" and wonder if he means "this calendar year" or "within the next twelve months," but I don't know if I could handle being told "Nov. 11 2006" and then it didn't happen. ?Like I said, I think Axl and GnR are doing the right thing by not naming a date yet...

I agree. But at least we were reassured that this is the year. That's good enough for me.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 12:20:04 PM »

I agree. But at least we were reassured that this is the year. That's good enough for me.

Me, too.  Like I said, though, I just hope "this year" means 2006 and not "in the next twelve months."  Either way, I'm just happy to know that the release is on its way at this point...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »

I think Axl didn't get more in depth because things *still* arent' 100% finalized.  And as frustrating as that is, it's the smart move.  After 10+ years of waiting, all the false starts, frustrations, and problems that have popped up along the way, Axl simply cannot afford to further piss off or alienate fans.  Playing it completely safe, and not announcing a date until *everything* is in place and ready to go seems to be a very, very smart move at this point.

Granted, it's still frustrating to hear "this year" and wonder if he means "this calendar year" or "within the next twelve months," but I don't know if I could handle being told "Nov. 11 2006" and then it didn't happen.  Like I said, I think Axl and GnR are doing the right thing by not naming a date yet...

Me, too.  Like I said, though, I just hope "this year" means 2006 and not "in the next twelve months."  Either way, I'm just happy to know that the release is on its way at this point...

he said this year, not within the next year....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »

VMA's not the right place to announce a release date. Maybe musicians have to sign some papers that they don't advertise their projects, who knows? It was enough that he backed that 2006 is the year. He'll tell the date when it's time - before the 'real' US tour that starts in October.

October is the month of the announcement!  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 01:17:39 PM »

I just thought it would have been beneficial to him, he could have an official announcement too later.. I see nothing wrong with if he had answered norris about the album.. If this year is this year then great, I just see the fact it's september already and feel he is wasting prescious time,.. That's just how I feel... Even john norris seemed to know the bare essentials about what's up with new gnr. guess he reads the gossip pages  hihi

I think it works very well with many artists using the bigges music media show to declare album dates..

Does anyone believe there isn't a date set yet, or a single selected..??
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 01:19:01 PM »

I think Axl didn't get more in depth because things *still* arent' 100% finalized.? And as frustrating as that is, it's the smart move.? After 10+ years of waiting, all the false starts, frustrations, and problems that have popped up along the way, Axl simply cannot afford to further piss off or alienate fans.? Playing it completely safe, and not announcing a date until *everything* is in place and ready to go seems to be a very, very smart move at this point.

Granted, it's still frustrating to hear "this year" and wonder if he means "this calendar year" or "within the next twelve months," but I don't know if I could handle being told "Nov. 11 2006" and then it didn't happen.? Like I said, I think Axl and GnR are doing the right thing by not naming a date yet...

If you ask me, they shouldn't do another show past the 'warm up' dates until the album is 100% ready to go. I'm fine for it to be released during the tour but I think they should announce it before.

I feel the same, we already had 01-02 no album, hammersteain europe no album, now a few warm up dates coming up in the states.. I think the smart thing is to get CD done out date said single etc..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 01:20:40 PM »

VMA's not the right place to announce a release date. Maybe musicians have to sign some papers that they don't advertise their projects, who knows? It was enough that he backed that 2006 is the year. He'll tell the date when it's time - before the 'real' US tour that starts in October.

October is the month of the announcement!? yes

I hope, I felt that way with hammerstein and rio5 Cry he said this year, not actually 2006 right... Maybe he means this year from the time he said it which means from aug 31st 2006 to the next vmas 07 hihi
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »

The VMA's were a perfect place to announce the album. Axl should have announced the album on stage. I don't believe that there is an actual release date at this point. Has Axl turned the record over to the record company yet? Once he turns in the record, the record company is the one who decides when the album comes out, not Axl. I just hope the record company doesn't figure they already have too many big releases coming out in the fall, and decide to wait and release Chinese Democracy next summer.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »

The VMA's were a perfect place to announce the album. Axl should have announced the album on stage. I don't believe that there is an actual release date at this point. Has Axl turned the record over to the record company yet? Once he turns in the record, the record company is the one who decides when the album comes out, not Axl. I just hope the record company doesn't figure they already have too many big releases coming out in the fall, and decide to wait and release Chinese Democracy next summer.

Yeah I feel the same, no way the record company is waiting, can't keeop touring playing afd forever when the band needs to get it's own indentity going..
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »

Mysteron has said that Axl has a plan, and I believe it. I don't think they would've started touring Europe and have a USA tour planned if Axl's plan wasn't in place.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 01:35:19 PM »

Mysteron has said that Axl has a plan, and I believe it. I don't think they would've started touring Europe and have a USA tour planned if Axl's plan wasn't in place.
That's nice, but do you think Axl's discussed his plan with his record company?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2006, 01:40:44 PM »

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but can we ever agree people instead of making excuses for why axl didn't do this, or why it's better he didn't do that.. It's like a team of lawyers.. There is NOTHING beneficial by not giving a date or single at the vmas ,a show that long after what you wore will still be played countless times shown to countless age groups..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but can we ever agree people instead of making excuses for why axl didn't do this, or why it's better he didn't do that.. It's like a team of lawyers.. There is NOTHING beneficial by not giving a date or single at the vmas ,a show that long after what you wore will still be played countless times shown to countless age groups..

As far as I know I'm not one of the board's blinded Axl-worshippers  hihi

But it was enough for the general public to tell that this is the year. I don't think even Axl and his people know the exact release date though.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »

My feeling is that Axl is intentionally downplaying the release of CD, and will continue to do so even when a release date is announced.  Maybe he doesn't want too much attention too soon  Obviously, once a release date is announced all of the major music publications will report it and I kind of think thats its the type of thing that doesn't need much hype, however if they want sustainable sales, they'll have to promote the hell out of it.  Week 1 sales will no doubt see the album go to number one.  After that its really up to Axl to get out there, do interviews, get a single playing on radio, mtv and the internet, etc. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 03:17:28 PM »

In another thread someone suggested it will come out near October 24th, and Mysteron suggested that this may be too soon.

Which kinda leaves us the two months between the tour and Christmas. If he makes an announcement on 16th September that it is coming out in November/December, there will be at least 6 weeks of build-up. And with the tour kicking in as well, and possibly a single or a download or a radio only release, there should be plenty of time to get the buzz going. Cheesy

Maybe Axl has something big lined up for the first US show. Doing something at the VMA's would have been daft as the majority of people who appear to be interested in that kind of thing are into rap and emo.

If Axl is gonna announce it, he'll do it his way. And I'd rather he did it at one of his shows than on a lame-ass award ceremony.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 03:19:01 PM »

Axl was there to introduce the Killers, he couldn't have done it on stage. ?It would've been totally taking away the focus of what he was there to do.

Imagine this: "Without wasting anytime, the Killers - oh and yeah, my albums going to be released in November." ?And he couldn't have done it during the interview, as it was only showed online, and i'm sure not many people would've seen.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2006, 03:39:05 PM »

I think the album will come out on the opening day of he tour (October 24th).  This way, people at every show will have a chance to get cd before they start to hear the new stuff.  We will get an announcement sometime in September or early October. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: