Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?  (Read 27140 times)
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

I don't see how it can come out this year.  These things are finalized months in advance.  When a release date of any album is published it is usually two months prior, so for CD how would this even be possible?
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »

I don't see how it can come out this year.? These things are finalized months in advance.? When a release date of any album is published it is usually two months prior, so for CD how would this even be possible?

Well, if they release the album November 13th, or whatever, they can announce it September 13th, therefore two months of promotion.  It is possible, there's four months left in the year.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2006, 05:23:30 PM »

Axl doesn't need 2 months of promotion for this album.  Undecided  I think the greatest hits prove that!  Yeah, it's a different band, but a lot of the younger fans don't know that.  Plus, the tour, and single can promote this album in 1 months time.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »

Yeah, it's a different band, but a lot of the younger fans don't know that.?

This could work to their advantage.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2006, 05:29:45 PM »

The Who just announced in the last 10 days their "long awaited" new release, and it's on October 31st.  Plenty of time for Democracy to be announced, give it till say.....September 23rd before we get a release date. 

Check all my old posts, I've been saying November 14th for months, I trust my Best Buy Corporate connection  ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..

The day belonged to those who won awards and performed at the show.

Axl doesn't need the VMA's to put forward anything he has to say.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 05:30:44 PM »

I think it will be either November 14 or november 21. I can't see a better timing. right around Thanksgiving, Xmas and probably the MSG show (expected for mid/end November for the momment unless plans change). Anything in october seems too short for me.
I'm sure Axl would like to be in NYC when the album is out... just to "feel" the athmosphere...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:37:00 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 05:32:04 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..

Yep. Thats how being classy works.

Also, didn't you say Mysteron that there actually isn't a date set in stone just yet anyways?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »

Also, didn't you say Mysteron that there actually isn't a date set in stone just yet anyways?

When there is a date 'set in stone', I'm sure you will all find out about it quite quickly
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 05:58:53 PM »

Ooohhh the suspense!  Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2006, 05:59:11 PM »

When there is a date 'set in stone', I'm sure you will all find out about it quite quickly

Thats what I'm guessing. And hoping for! Smiley

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2006, 06:09:50 PM »

It would be lame and cheap to announce the date during that show. Im glad we are begining to have little hints of info these days. this will grow

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2006, 06:10:39 PM »

according to an email from richard, the album will be out at some point during the tour

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2006, 06:18:32 PM »

according to an email from richard, the album will be out at some point during the tour

Yes
EFISH
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2006, 06:20:29 PM »

I love reading positive responses from Mysteron. Even a simple "yes" makes my day! ok
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »

I love reading positive responses from Mysteron. Even a simple "yes" makes my day! ok

It seems you've become dependent on somebody you don't know and something you don't quite understand. Beware.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
EFISH
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2006, 06:23:59 PM »

He's been on the board for years and is a reilable source. He doenst give "insidee info" to try and get attention. He's never made up anything, so why not trust him?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2006, 06:27:06 PM »

It seems you've become dependent on somebody you don't know and something you don't quite understand. Beware.

Axl says 2006, that is all that matters.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2006, 06:29:41 PM »

are u people that gullible?Huh there is NO DAMN RELEASE DATE!

4 years ago he told Loder it will be out soon...4 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!
get real, he said this year so people can stop asking the question.....it wont be out this year..guaranteed
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »

my two cents
my opinion, there isn't a firm release date yet and after the the luke warm response he got for his nostalgia line "do you know where the f**k you are?!" The audience probably would rippled with snickers (after all this time) thinking it was a joke... his role that night was one of being a celebrity, introducing a band that he had recently met, and thought were a bunch of nice guys... apparently, not everything (even in Axls world) has to be all about him... ok
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: