Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?  (Read 27069 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: September 03, 2006, 09:38:15 AM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »

I think we're all wondering why he passed up this opportunity to give a release date. But I think Axl just wanted to get his face back in the public eye. I mean its good because he reassured fans that it is this year. It's a shame he wasn't more specific though.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 09:42:09 AM »

I think we're all wondering why he passed up this opportunity to give a release date. But I think Axl just wanted to get his face back in the public eye. I mean its good because he reassured fans that it is this year. It's a shame he wasn't more specific though.

I don't know why he had to show his face but not give the date, this year is rapidly ending.. Sure things could happen late october but why waste the biggest mainstream media for music that's rerun a million times seen by as many people.. I hope this year means anything in 2006
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 09:44:06 AM »

He wouldn't mean the school year or the new TV season, would he ? This could take us to Spring 07.  hihi
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:47:47 AM »

Why don't you wait for Tuesday or Wednesday. Has anybody called n' asked the radio stations of any possible upcoming GNR news?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 09:50:08 AM »

Fuck knows, I wander now how the actual date is going to be finally announced. Would be lame if it was by businesswire after all this time.

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 09:50:36 AM »

Why don't you wait for Tuesday or Wednesday. Has anybody called n' asked the radio stations of any possible upcoming GNR news?

Why Tuesday or Wednesday?

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 09:54:44 AM »

A label rep has been assigned to the album and tour..don't worry!   ok
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:56:22 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »

Because its TIME!!!! If October is the New Offical Tour , what the hell is he touring, I'd say the new Album, am I right?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »

Because its TIME!!!! If October is the New Offical Tour , what the hell is he touring, I'd say the new Album, am I right?

We hope! Its just if Mysteron said there's no date been set and Axl didn't announce it, maybe they're waiting on dates from the folks mastering the album or the plant where they will press the cds, in which case it would be unlikely so short a period after the VMAs
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:01:23 AM by Scabbie » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 10:20:37 AM »

Does artists usually make release date announcements during an interview that's only shown online?

I think using the VMAs for this announcement would've been a bad idea. It would get lost among the "who was wearing what" articles.... It might've been mentioned like "by the way, Axl announced the release date for their new album"....

I think once the announcement is gonna be made, people will know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 10:26:26 AM »

Does artists usually make release date announcements during an interview that's only shown online?

I think using the VMAs for this announcement would've been a bad idea. It would get lost among the "who was wearing what" articles.... It might've been mentioned like "by the way, Axl announced the release date for their new album"....

/jarmo

Agreed. To think GN'R won't make a unique spectacle of THE announcement everyone's been waiting for after all these years is ridiculous. When the date is set and they're ready to announce it, they will...and they'll do it on their terms and in their style. Period.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »

/jarmo

and also there might a million of other reasons we don't know... record label reasons, leak preventing reasons, personal reasons and so on... also, most of the thread around are why did axl do this or why didn't axl do that... because he did or didn't, why is it so important?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 11:14:42 AM »

Am I right in thinking that we almost have the release date already. Surely it must be one of the following:

Tuesday   03/10/2006
Tuesday   10/10/2006
Tuesday   17/10/2006
Tuesday   24/10/2006
Tuesday   31/10/2006
Tuesday   07/11/2006
Tuesday   14/11/2006
Tuesday   21/11/2006

Won't happen within the month, and surely not after thanksgiving, so you're down to a 1 in 8 shot.

One of these dates could be the day!  ok

@#$%Funker
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 11:19:56 AM »

I think we are down to 3 dates in November, but lets not start the rumour ball...  Smiley
lastroots
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »

I expected him to act like that, as I stated in another thread.
My guess goes for late October / early November, which makes most sense.

/lastroots
benchiefjr
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 11:30:17 AM »

in that case, soon IS the word. Shocked rofl
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 11:34:48 AM »

14/11/06 - im telling you thats the date
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 11:45:38 AM »

as jarmo basically said allready, it wouldn`t have been such a great idea to announce it at the vma?s, given he just did a small backstage interview, which was shown in the internet only (i guess)...  when i watched the interview and the guy asked axl for a month, i instantly thought "of course not"... and that`s what axl said...

mayber you`re talking about the vma`s in general, but giving a date during the norris interview wouldn have been a bad idea. and i don`t think it would`ve been cool to announce it during the vma`s either....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Steel_Angel
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 11:46:17 AM »

14/11/06 - im telling you thats the date
whatever, mr insider

Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?

so it wont leak early? i dont know.. nooboodyy knowwss hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: