Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175783 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2007, 07:40:11 PM »

Any word on Ozzy's new studio album? I thought it was supposed to be out by now.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2007, 07:53:31 PM »

Any word on Ozzy's new studio album? I thought it was supposed to be out by now.

Wrapping it up int he studio. I think the target release month for the states is May.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2007, 08:38:04 PM »

The Devil Cried

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=85606693

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »

i think i read somewhere that that album was being mixed atm
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2007, 08:54:18 AM »

Whats that?

New ozzy song or something?

html sucks
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2007, 02:01:36 PM »

New Sabbath/Dio song though it seems to have been taken down.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne has told Rolling Stone magazine (web site) that the war in Iraq weighed heavily on his mind during the recording sessions for his first album of new material in six years. "Bombs are falling and tears are falling," Ozzy reportedly sneers across what Rolling Stone describes as "a modern metal anthem," entitled "Countdown's Begun". But Osbourne told the magazine that he didn't set out to write another "War Pigs", the BLACK SABBATH classic inspired by an earlier generation's unpopular war. "I don't want to get political," said Ozzy, who has visited maimed soldiers in military hospitals during recent tours. "I try to mask it so you can think what you like. The things around you affect you but you don't realize it. You look at CNN and a fucking car bomb has gone off."

Among the eleven new tracks Osbourne has recorded is "Not Going Away", which Rolling Stone describes as "a fiery rocker with ominous riffs from guitarist Zakk Wylde," and "Lay Your World On Me", which was inspired by Ozzy's wife and manager's recent battle with cancer.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:22 AM »

Sounds pretty cool, I'm hoping we get some great new Ozzy/Zakk tunes on the new album.
Down To Earth was pretty average at best.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2007, 01:16:06 PM »

http://www.wzzo.com/pages/concerts.html

Heaven and Hell
w/Megadeth and Machinehead

May 10    Wachovia Spectrum    
ON SALE 3/9    
$49.50/$39.50
7:30 pm

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »

To go along with the top post

Jim Koplik, president of Jim Koplik Presents, the Connecticut arm of Clear Channel Entertainment, reportedly revealed during his "Jim Koplik Rock Concert Report" segment on the Hartford radio station WCCC earlier today that a formal announcement will be made on Monday (March 5) revealing the dates for the U.S. leg of HEAVEN AND HELL's North American tour. He also stated that the Connecticut date will take place mid-May and that tickets will go on sale within the next 10 days. Meanwhile, WZZO 95.1 ? which broadcasts out of Allentown, Pennsylvania ? is reporting that the Pennsylvania stop on the tour will also take place in May and that tickets for the concert will go on sale on Friday, March 9.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »

As promised:

Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice will reunite for the first time in 15 years as HEAVEN AND HELL to cast a dark spell over spring as the quartet tours the U.S. Tickets will go on sale the weekend of March 9 for all 20 stops of the American leg (except Houston, on sale March 17), which is set to launch in Phoenix on April 22. There will also be a special fan presale for all dates beginning Wednesday, March 7 at 12 Noon EST. The tour will follow in the wake of the band's highly anticipated Radio City Music Hall concert in New York City on March 30, which sold out in a matter of minutes.

Last year, the hard-rocking quartet convened to record three new songs for Rhino Records' era-spanning collection, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", due out April 3 on Rhino/Warner Bros. Records. One of the newly recorded tracks ? "The Devil Cried" ? is the first single. Bristling with the trademark SABBATH sound, the song is being well received by fans and critics alike.

The sessions for "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" went so well that the band agreed to satisfy longstanding demands for a reunion tour. Set to launch in Canada on March 11, the HEAVEN AND HELL world tour will spotlight Dio's tenure with SABBATH and will feature selections from all three of the group's the studio albums, "Heaven And Hell" (1980), "Mob Rules" (1981) and "Dehumanizer" (1992), as well as the newly recorded tracks.

Multi-platinum recording artist MEGADETH will join the tour and preview never before heard material from the group's new CD, "United Abominations", due out May 8 on Roadrunner Records. All dates will also feature Roadrunner labelmates MACHINE HEAD who are supporting their latest album, "The Blackening", set for release on March 27.

HEAVEN AND HELL, MEGADETH, MACHINE HEAD tour dates:

Apr. 22 - Phoenix, AZ @ Dodge Theatre
Apr. 24 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
Apr. 25 - Los Angeles, CA @ Forum
Apr. 26 - San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
Apr. 28 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Apr. 29 - Denver, CO @ Broomfield Events Center
May 01 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
May 02 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Pavillion
May 03 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theater
May 05 - Chicago, IL @ All State Arena
May 06 - Minneapolis, MN @ Theatre @ Target Center
May 08 - Cincinnati, OH @ US Bank Arena
May 10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Arena
May 11 - Cleveland, OH @ Tower City Amphitheatre
May 12 - Detroit, MI @ Cobo Hall
May 14 - Albany, NY @ Times Union Center
May 15 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
May 17 - Lowell, MA @ Tsongas Arena
May 18 - Baltimore, MD @ Merriweather Pavilion
May 19 - Holmdell, NJ @ PNC Arts Center

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »

OZZY OSBOURNE, ZZ TOP, GENESIS and HEART are the rumored artists that will be honored as part of the second annual "VH1 Rock Honors" event, which pays homage to the legends who influenced the sound of hard rock. According to Jeb Wright of Classic Rock Revisited, the program will be taped on Saturday, May 12 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and will receive its television premiere on May 24. An official press release announcing this year's honorees is expected later today (Wednesday, March 7).

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »

Sounds pretty cool, I'm hoping we get some great new Ozzy/Zakk tunes on the new album.
Down To Earth was pretty average at best.

the album sounds more personal, so maybe theres more emotion in it.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »

Opening night of the band's world tour Sunday night (March 11) at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Heaven and Hell Setlist (110 Min.)
E5150
After All (The Dead)
The Mob Rules
Children of The Sea
Lady Evil
Ear In The Wall
I
The Sign of The Southern Cross
Voodoo
The Devil Cried
Vinny Appice Solo
Computer God
Falling Off The Edge of The World
Shadow of The Wind
Die Young
Heaven & Hell
~ENCORE~
Lonely Is The Word (**dropped due to time)
Neon Knights

According to several people that attended the concert, Dio announced towards the end of the band's performance that the show would be cut short due to a curfew, resulting in one of the two planned encores ? "Lonely is the Word" ? getting dropped from the final setlist.

As for H&H, Dio sounded nothing less than perfect. His highs were stunning and his growls were vicious. Some really cool lighting effects, too. The stage is a medieval castle with bricks, torch lamps and a big wooden door. Three small video screens project images up above the band members.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:01:23 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2007, 01:57:40 PM »

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

According to a flyer that was handed out at HEAVEN AND HELL's concert at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Sunday night (March 11), a HEAVEN AND HELL live CD/DVD is being planned for release in the fall. No further details are currently available.

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »

Wow i cant wait im going in 5 days , in london . It should be sikk . Anyone else going to the london show. Its a shame they dont play any ozzy or dio songs just blacksabbth ones but it should be cool

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:41 AM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) ? will tour the U.K. in November 2007 with support from none other than LAMB OF GOD and ICED EARTH. Tickets for the dates are expected to go on sale at the end of this week. The dates are as follows:

Nov. 04 - UK - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nov. 06 - UK - SECC, Glasgow
Nov. 07 - UK - Hallam FM Arena, Sheffield
Nov. 09 - UK - Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester
Nov. 10 - UK - Wembley Arena, London
Nov. 11 - UK - Centre, Brighton
Nov. 13 - UK - NEC, Birmingham
Nov. 14 - UK - International Arena, Cardiff
Nov. 15 - UK - Arena, Nottingham
Nov. 17 - UK - Pavilions, Plymouth
Nov. 18 - UK - BIC, Bournemouth

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2007, 04:05:12 PM »

Cleveland college radio stations WCSB, WRUW, WJCU and the Cleveland Free Times magazine, in conjunction with Rhino Records and HEAVEN AND HELL, are sponsoring a BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN AND HELL promotion with The Exchange (an independent Cleveland music retailer) on Tuesday, April 3. A FREE official HEAVEN AND HELL 2007 tour t-shirt ($30+ value) will be given out at The Exchange's Parma Heights, Ohio store (6271 Pearl Rd - 440-845-0828) with purchase of BLACK SABBATH's "The Dio Years" CD. The store opens at 10:00 a.m. A minimum of 75 shirts will be available. There is a limit of one shirt and two CDs per customer. A coupon from the Free Times must be presented to receive the shirt. The offer is good while supplies last.

The Exchange will be offering a special sale price for "The Dio Years" CD for $6.66 at all of their stores (including the location with the tour shirt giveaway) from Tuesday, April 3 through Sunday, April 8. The suggested list price is $18.98, making this an incredible value for SABBATH fans! A similar sale pricing promotion with SLAYER's "Christ Illusion" CD last year resulted in sales topping 2,100 units. The Exchange has 20 stores in the Cleveland and Pittsburgh markets.

BLACK SABBATH's "The Dio Years" (release date April 3) is the legendary band's thundering best featuring Ronnie James Dio as frontman plus three brand new tracks! Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Vinny Appice are currently on the road for the "Heaven And Hell World Tour 2007" in support of the CD release. The package includes in-depth liner notes by London, U.K.-based Dave Ling, writer for Classic Rock and Metal Hammer magazines. The first U.S. tour date in New York this coming Friday sold out in 45 minutes. The band will be recording and filming the show for an upcoming release.

In addition to the free tour shirt giveaway, fans can also enter to win FREE HEAVEN AND HELL concert tickets. Text WINHH to 50505 for a chance to win tickets to see HEAVEN AND HELL on Friday, May 11 at Tower City Amphitheater in Cleveland courtesy of The Exchange, Live Nation, Cleveland Free Times and the Pittsburgh City Paper. 20 pairs of tickets will be given away.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2007, 04:05:49 PM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) ? will tour the U.K. in November 2007 with support from none other than LAMB OF GOD and ICED EARTH. Tickets for the dates are expected to go on sale at the end of this week. The dates are as follows:

Nov. 04 - UK - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nov. 06 - UK - SECC, Glasgow
Nov. 07 - UK - Hallam FM Arena, Sheffield
Nov. 09 - UK - Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester
Nov. 10 - UK - Wembley Arena, London
Nov. 11 - UK - Centre, Brighton
Nov. 13 - UK - NEC, Birmingham
Nov. 14 - UK - International Arena, Cardiff
Nov. 15 - UK - Arena, Nottingham
Nov. 17 - UK - Pavilions, Plymouth
Nov. 18 - UK - BIC, Bournemouth

Ambitious tour. The NEC was only a third full in '92.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: