Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:09:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228013 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Am I the only who is GLAD that they are not playing more new songs?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I the only who is GLAD that they are not playing more new songs?  (Read 6222 times)
Bono
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 10:44:44 PM »

Honestly, have a little "Patience," the album will be here soon.? ?Wink

God no. You didn't just drop that overplayed  cliched lyrical ripoff did you? rofl peace but seriously NO MORE FUCKING PATIENCE!!!!  hihi everyones been saying that for at least 5 years. let's get on with it Axl.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »

The only addition I'd like to see would be whatever the 1st single will turn out to be....Any more than that would be beyond spoiling.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 11:05:12 PM »

I think they're caught in a catch 22 in this one.  On the one hand they need to re-gain recognition and get buzz going about the NEW band.  The way to do that is to play the classics, which everyone knows and loves.  On the other hand they also need to establish themselves as a new band and try to make people forget about Slash and co.  I too, love the new songs we've heard so far.  Unfortunately a lot of casual fans haven't given the new songs a fair shake and refuse to give any credence to anything Slash is not a part of.  So while some people want to hear new songs, you have to realize the vast majority don't.  And I think the reason for the lack of UYI songs is as I stated earlier, this band has to eventually separate itself from the old band.  Dipping into the rich catalog would not do that at all.  So until they release an album, the setlist stays roughly the same.  That's just how it is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 04:17:57 AM »

I think that the mix of old and new songs are perfect for one tour, as long as we get an album out for the next eu tuor.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 10:55:48 AM »

theres got to be a reason axl isn't playing more uyi songs. i don't know if he could pull a track like locomotive off live now, that songs got a lot of verses in it, he would be dead after that track alone. but i wonder if it's like more personal w/ him and the old line up with  alot of uyi he doesn't play

As far as Locomotive goes, he never really did a good version of that even back in the day. I don't know the official stats, but I think it was only performed 2 or 3 times. The bootlegs I've heard were not very good versions.

As far as the others, I dunno. I agree that there must be some reason why they're not getting played though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 11:12:20 AM »

I dont think it will be a problem once everyone hears the album!!
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 11:15:21 AM »

I agree with the poster.

This was my first GNR gig back in June and it was great to hear the 'old' songs sung live for the first time. Although I'm sure if I had seen GN'R many times before I would want the new stuff to happen.
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 12:03:37 PM »

You know, I understand the desire to open christmas presents before christmas -- especially if you have been waiting for christmas to arrive for about 10 years!

BUT I don't want more CD (or potential CD) songs to be showcased live before the album comes out.? I really like the teaser songs that have been leaked -- they have given me some faith that CD will be decent, if not excellent.? But I'd like to hear additional songs mixed and well-recorded - I want to be surprised when I first hear CD, just like I was when I bought appetite or the UYI's.? So, I understand why Axl is not playing any more new songs (and don't really get all the bashing over the set list).

I'm with you

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

oh yeah man, id hate to hear all the material now, i love that feeling when you buy something new you have no clue whats on it and you love the artist that made it, its like "i cant fuckin wait to get home and hear this"

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 12:40:43 PM »

They need to get rid of 'Live And Let Die' and 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door', play all 10 of the "new" songs, and keep the classics!

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sweet Child O' Mine
Paradise City
Patience
Don't Cry
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Oh My God
Madagascar
Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Riyadh And The Bedouins
Silkworms
I.R.S.
TWAT
Better
Catcher In The Rye

There's 19 songs, right there.  What's the problem?   Huh

destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »

Didn't they play all of UYI before it was released? We didn't have the internet in those days though.
ScottishGunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 02:12:52 PM »

At this stage of the game - with the album about to be released it would be daft to paly some "unheard" material - unless it's going to be the first single

From my ponit of view the set lit is fine, a soundtrack to a brilliant night out - untill the record comes out there's not going to be a slant towards CD is the set list as  the majority of the crowd is still hearing these songs for the first time at the gig

but once to album is out, maybe fill the set a bit more with new stuff.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »

I would rather hear stuff we haven't heard on the album before hearing it live.....I wouldn't complain if they did one or two new songs live but...there have already been enough leaks to keep us happy for the moment.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »

Didn't they play all of UYI before it was released? We didn't have the internet in those days though.

I don't think they played ALL of it, but they did play a good amount of songs before they released the albums.  But you're right that 1) the internet wasn't a factor back then and 2) they were the most dangerous band on the planet back then.  They could afford to play new previously unheard material and hardcore fans, casual fans wouldn't have many complaints.  As long as they looked up on stage and saw Axl, Slash, Duff, all was well.  I'm sure casual fans couldn't name 2 people in the band other than Axl, maybe not even 1.  The respect is just not there. 

And as for new songs being played, again, I'd love to hear more unreleased material, BUT I LOVE this band.  If I go see ANY other band, once they say, "this is something new off our album due out in ........"  I'm most likely going to get another beer or take a piss.  That's just how it is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: