Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212914 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #520 on: August 29, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »

Joe Perry interview with WXLX in Boston on Aug. 27, photos and podcast.

http://wzlx.zipscene.com/photos/view/8269

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #521 on: September 08, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

Aerosmith's Joe Perry: what The Beatles mean to me

Guitar star writes exclusively for MusicRadar

Joe Perry, Tue 8 Sep 2009

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/aerosmiths-joe-perry-what-the-beatles-mean-to-me-219308/2

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »

Steven Tyler will be doing David Letterman's Top Ten List tonight, any quesses as to what that could be. hihi

And Joe Perry will be performing at the Viper Room on Oct. 6th, ticket go on sale tomorrow.

http://www.joeperry.com/index.cfm/pk/content/pid/400034

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2009, 05:45:08 AM »

Listening to the classic Aerosmith at the moment.. they have a couple of underated albums out there, I really dig Night In The Ruts and Done With Mirrors. The latter one is way too hated by both the band and most of the fans. In my opinion it has some great tunes and riffs on it, altough I have to admit the lyrics aren't the best Steven. They should do a couple of these songs live again, I don't think they've played any song from the album since the DWM-tour.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2009, 06:29:38 AM »

i bought Done With Mirrors on CD. i dig on that album.

Sure it doesnt make me wanna go back n listen over n over like its three successors.

But "Let the music do the talking", "my fist your face"  are some of the best Aerosmith tracks ever recorded.

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #525 on: September 17, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »

Joe Perry frustrated over Steven Tyler accident

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_en_mu/us_music_joe_perry

hope steven gets his act together!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #526 on: September 19, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »

Joe Perry frustrated over Steven Tyler accident

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_en_mu/us_music_joe_perry

hope steven gets his act together!

The AP has posted video of the entire interview, there is a little bit more here:

Joe Perry Frustrated Over Steven Tyler Accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACrCoDhU7Hc

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2009, 12:59:31 AM »

The AP has posted video of the entire interview, there is a little bit more here:

Joe Perry Frustrated Over Steven Tyler Accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACrCoDhU7Hc

AEROSMITH's JOE PERRY: 'Maybe We Have Three More Records In Us' - Sep. 23, 2009

On Tuesday, September 22, Jed Gottlieb of BostonHerald.com conducted an interview with AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

BostonHerald.com: Your interview with Associated Press (see video below) got fans worried. What's the real story about the future of AEROSMITH?

Joe Perry: AEROSMITH is taking a breather. We had to postpone some dates at the end of two or three tours and that kind of pushed our touring problems into the forefront and didn't give us a lot of time to make a studio record. After having to cancel this last tour we need to stand back, take a deep breath and let everybody come back down to earth. We're going on hiatus like most bands do, we're not kids anymore we don't need to pound the pavement every day but we got locked into that after postponing gigs and having to make them up.

BostonHerald.com: So did that Associated Press story exaggerate your frustration with Steven Tyler?

Joe Perry: Sometimes certain things come out. I always try to be as honest as I can and that's it. I stand by everything I said. In the context of a longer interview it probably would have seemed less harsh, but it is still the truth. I'm still getting over the fact that tour was canceled. It was the best one we'd put together in such a long time.

BostonHerald.com: What surprised me the most was hearing that you and Steven haven't been writing together for some time. Is that really true? Nothing in a decade or so?

Joe Perry: Relationships go through changes, songwriting partnerships go through changes. When we started using outside songwriters it definitely helped with our success in the '80s and '90s. I don't know, maybe it got too comfortable to rely on that. I don't think anybody really cares who writes the songs as long as they sound like AEROSMITH songs and, at least to me, there have been times when we drifted away from (sounding like AEROSMITH). I don't mind using outside songwriters but I'd still like to see an AEROSMITH where the core of the music comes from the guys in the band.

BostonHerald.com: Will that happen? Will there even be another AEROSMITH record?

Joe Perry: Maybe we have three more records in us. Maybe we have [between] five (and) seven years of touring.

Read the entire interview from BostonHerald.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127443

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2009, 01:14:08 AM »

Hmmm, I wonder why he's being so negative. Tyler had a broken shoulder and 20 stitches. It's not like they had to cancel because he didn't show up or something...

Fuck 'Em All.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2009, 01:45:37 AM »

Hmmm, I wonder why he's being so negative. Tyler had a broken shoulder and 20 stitches. It's not like they had to cancel because he didn't show up or something...

He was fucked up beyond belief when he injured himself.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2009, 04:19:44 AM »

wish, when they all get better, they would tour the UK.

Aerosmith are probably the only "big" band I want to see but haven't
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »

Joe Perry: "Aerosmith are not splitting up"

Guitarist speaks of band drama, solo album

Joe Bosso, Mon 28 Sep 2009, 4:30 pm BST

"Aerosmith are definitely not splitting up," Joe Perry tells MusicRadar, putting to rest rumors that have circulated since the Rock And Roll Hall Of Famers ended their injury-plagued summer tour prematurely.

"The band still has their best record in them," the guitarist says. "I know people say that all the time, but I firmly believe that. But it's going to take some doing to get there. Everybody's got to chill out, take a breather and then we'll have dialogues."

That neither Perry nor singer Steven Tyler have spoken in a month and a half did much to fuel breakup chatter, but Perry says, "The clock is ticking on that one. Things have to happen in due course."

Until then, Perry is busying himself with Have Guitar, Will Travel, his fifth solo album and one he recorded in a brisk 47 days. "Which just proves you don't have to spend a year in the studio dickin' around," he says. "If only Aerosmith worked as fast."

Have Guitar Will, Travel features 10 gale-force rockers, which Perry cut at The Boneyard, his state-of-the-art home studio in suburban Boston. Whereas the guitarist played most of the instruments on his last solo effort (Joe Perry, May 2005), the new album was more of a band affair - bassist David Hull, drummers Ben Tileston, Marty Richards, Scott Meeder and Paul Santo all contributed.

But the biggest change to The Joe Perry Project (that's what he's calling the live band once again) is the addition of Hagen, a German vocalist who Perry's wife, Billie, found on YouTube. "Who needs the classifieds anymore when you've got YouTube?" Perry jokes.

Hagen belts it out impressively on the album's first single We've Got A Long Way To Go. But does Perry mind stepping out of the spotlight on what is, after all, supposed to be a 'solo' endeavor?

"Not at all," he says. "I've always played right alongside one of the best singes in rock. For me to sing half the songs on a record is enough."

Continue reading here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/joe-perry-aerosmith-are-not-splitting-up-221691

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #532 on: October 01, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »

From Joe Perry's solo album...

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.. the music speaks for itself"

Joe Perry gives us a look in to his world with this clip about the first single off of his new album "Have Guitar, Will Travel." - The song, "We've Got A Long Way To Go" is available on iTunes now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpRmmsPb9As

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2009, 09:05:57 PM »

Aerosmith playing corporate gig after setbacks

Wed Oct 7, 2009 7:39pm EDT

BOSTON (Reuters) - Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler is back in the saddle, two months after the rock band was forced to cancel its troubled North American tour when he fell off the stage and broke his shoulder.

The group will perform a private concert next week at a San Francisco convention sponsored by Oracle Corp, the software giant run by billionaire Larry Ellison.

"Aerosmith is a go," Oracle spokeswoman Karen Tillman said on Wednesday. The event was scheduled before Tyler's accident.

Tyler, 61, broke his left shoulder and needed 20 stitches in his head after the August 5 mishap at a show for thousands of motorcycle aficionados in Sturgis, South Dakota. Several earlier dates had been scrapped when Tyler hurt his leg, and guitarist Brad Whitford and bassist Tom Hamilton also missed shows because of medical ailments.

It was just the latest misfortune for the singer, who was stricken by pneumonia earlier this year and checked into rehab in May 2008 to recover from painful foot surgeries.

Aerosmith -- whose hits include "Dream On," "Sweet Emotion" and "Back in the Saddle" -- is also scheduled to play two shows in Hawaii later this month.

But the band is in a state of flux, with Tyler not having spoken to his bandmates since the accident, according to guitarist Joe Perry, who is on the road promoting his new solo album, "Have Guitar Will Travel."

(Reporting by Jim Finkle; editing by Dean Goodman)

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #534 on: October 12, 2009, 02:45:12 PM »

I wonder who he is talking about. Cheesy

Video Q&A: Joe Perry of Aerosmith

October 12, 2009

As for Aerosmith, Perry is circumspect. "The thing that bothers me the most is how it affects the fans," he says. "The only reason you're there is because of the fans. You owe them a lot, and when you start taking them for granted its just wrong. I think that a lot of what happened with Aerosmith over the last two or three years has been a case of that. And I'm not talking about everybody in the band. I think at this point the four band members are willing to not play for a while until the fifth member gets together and decides to come and join us again."

Video: http://www.billboard.com/#/news/video-q-a-joe-perry-of-aersomith-1004021422.story

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #535 on: October 12, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »

That Brad Whitford has always been an asshole.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #536 on: October 17, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told MTV News that the band is effectively off the road (they have a pair of Hawaiian gigs slated for this weekend) while he continues to focus on promoting his new solo album, "Have Guitar, Will Travel".

"Well, from where I sit, and from the latest I have heard from the other guys ... I talk to the three guys probably every week or 10 days or so, because we have a couple of gigs left to do. We're gonna be on indefinite hiatus, I think, at this point," Perry said. "We need some time apart. For myself, it's worked out great, because I've got this project going, and I'm getting all kinds of offers to do things I would normally have to turn down. ... Being in charge of the ship, I can say, 'Well, we're not going to work that night. I'm gonna go do this show.'

"I think that AEROSMITH needs some time apart to get back into the same headspace of making the record," he continued. "We need to do a great studio record, and I want to do with an A-list producer. ... I think we need some space at this point. That's from me. You'll have to ask everybody else and ask Steven [Tyler, vocals] what he thinks, but that's where I'm at."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Chief
Legend

« Reply #537 on: October 17, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »

yeah they need to take a break until they can come up with a good batch of songs!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #538 on: October 20, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

From their show in Hawaii on Oct. 18th 2009.

"Dream On"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDTj-uEHtTE

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #539 on: October 20, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

didn't know they were playing again
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: