Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212929 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #580 on: November 15, 2009, 03:21:39 AM »

This is just laughable. What are they going to do anyway? Put out an Aerosmith album without Tyler on it?
Not only does he do the singing, he also does the writing. Good luck with that.

I don't mind Aerosmith taking an off while Tyler does his solo stuff. If for now, they have only old material,
maybe when he's done soloing, they'll have written some new stuff. No rush.

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #581 on: November 15, 2009, 06:44:28 AM »

*sighs*.

Yknow. If it were any other member, i might be able to accept it.

But if it wasnt for Steve keeping that band alive during their worst period, he was the only guy to stick around constantly while the others gave up, then Aerosmith probably wouldnt of came back in the 1980s.

No Tyler = No Aerosmith.

Steve Tylers persona ALONE makes the band. Add everything else n you get Aerosmith.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #582 on: November 16, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »

Here are a few quotes from a Joe Perry interview that was just posted...

Aerosmith?s Joe Perry prefers smaller venues for Project

Monday, Nov. 16, 2009

When asked by the Sun about speculation that Tyler?s latest rehab didn?t take, that he?s under the influence of one substance or another, Perry responded with a question of his own:

?What do you think??

?Take the last two days as an example. We had no idea he was going to pull something like that ? so 20 years ago I decided I was going to play each show like it would be the last one.?

?I will concentrate on the Joe Perry Project until Aerosmith is sorted out,? he said. ?Right now all I can do is count on putting on the best shows I can.?

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/16/perry-prefers-smaller-venues-project/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #583 on: November 16, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »

Today from Eddie Trunk, new band name?

Saturday afternoon I hosted a book signing with Joey Kramer. Great event and it was good to see Joey and how many people who have struggled with addiction who have been helped by his book. Many showed up to say thanks, get their book signed, and of course ask about Aerosmith. Joey explained to the audience that there are issues for sure between the band and Steven Tyler. The biggest issue is simply that Tyler wants to take 2 years away from the band, and the band does not want to stop working. Its as simple as that. They will not sit on the sideline for 2 years and fully plan to move on with a new singer. Now this does not mean it will still be called Aerosmith. Its unknown as to who the singer will be or what they will call it. Maybe a new band, maybe Aerosmith, who knows at this point? Its clear that the other 4 members of Aerosmith are very united in staying together and if Steven continues to persue interests outside of the band and building "brand Tyler" they are fully prepared to keep going without him. Its also clear that Steven's surprise appearance on stage with Joe Perry last week in NYC did not help issues at all. Apparently not even Joe knew this was happening until Tyler walked out. I also heard he entered Irving Plaza holding a ticket to the show, then got on stage, did a song, made his statement, and left. Again, from all indicators, this only tossed more gas on the fire. I'm not taking sides at all on this. I understand both sides to be honest. Aerosmith wants to work and do a new album, and Tyler has been in a 40 year old marriage and wants to take a break to try something else for a couple years with different people. Lets hope this somehow gets resolved but it seems like it's pretty far from that right now. I enjoyed the time with Joey and I thank him and Mohegan Sun for having me host the event and treating me so well.

Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #584 on: November 18, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »

I've been an Aerosmith fan for a long time.  Not so much their recent material, more the old stuff.  This is a shame, and if they do get a new singer, even if they use a new name, once they release an album and tour it, I would think they are going to have to rely on some of their back catalogue to round out the set list.  The problem is, Steven has a very distinctive voice, and I'm not sure how they would get around that with a another singer.

Steven wants to take two years out to promote 'Brand Tyler' (for Brand Tyler, read 'Egotistical Self-Agrandisation'), and then go back to Aerosmith?  Surely he must know his fellow bandmates well enough to know that they're not just going to twiddle their thumbs and wait for him to decide to come back?  They enjoy playing together and like making music.  They also seem to believe far more in the Aerosmith Legacy than their frontman does.

So two years down the line, the rest of the band have another singer and albums and tours etc..... Then Steven wanders in and says 'okay guys, I'm back now, you can drop the other guy and we'll get on with it'.  I don't think so.  Steven clearly feels that this project is far more important than Aerosmith.  And when a frontman starts feeling like that, it's time to give up the microphone. Steven has the right to do exactly as he wants, it's his life.  But he shouldn't expect to take two years off and have the door held open for his return once he gets done with his own thing.

If the other guys do go forward with another singer, I wish them all the best, whatever name they perform under, and hope they can find someone they can all work with who brings the right stage presence to the band.

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »

Aerosmith Members Say Steven Tyler 'Needs Help'

By Joey Bartolomeo

Thursday November 19, 2009

As Steven Tyler's bandmates ponder the future now that he has decided to take a two-year break from Aerosmith, they are also expressing concerns about the singer's well-being.

"I think that he needs help and that attention needs to be put to his health," drummer Joey Kramer tells PEOPLE.

And Kramer says he isn't referring to the broken shoulder Tyler sustained when he fell off the stage during a concert in August.

Asked if he thinks there is something else going on with Tyler, he says, "I do."

Recent reports in the Boston Herald and online suggest Tyler, who battled drug addiction in the '70s and '80s and checked into a rehab center last year to detox from painkillers, may be partying again.

Though Kramer would not say whether he has seen Tyler use drugs recently, he says he is concerned because the singer has "isolated himself."

Says Kramer, "He's got some bad influences in his life right now and he's making poor choices."

Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford tells PEOPLE, "His behavior is spinning out of control."

Tyler's bandmates say they haven't spoken to him in weeks, but last Tuesday, he unexpectedly showed up at a concert given by Joe Perry. Tyler performed one song with Perry, then took off without saying goodbye.

"I don't know where he is and what he's doing," says Whitford, who admits he, too, is "concerned about [Tyler's] well-being and his health."

Cancellations Galore

Though the band had been touring earlier this year, Whitford says that Tyler's behavior has been "erratic" and "unpredictable." He notes, "It wasn't an overnight change. It's been progressively getting out of hand."

The result? "Loads of cancellations, canceled tours, and canceled dates," says Whitford.

For his part, the singer has said he wants to focus on his own brand and possibly record a solo album; he is also working on a memoir. In an August interview with Rolling Stone, he maintained he was not on drugs and said he was "as sober as can be" when he fell off the stage.

On Monday night, he was spotted at The Pump Energy Food in New York City, where he ordered a fresh-squeezed juice made of carrots, beets and ginger. The following night, he attended a John Mayer concert with girlfriend Erin Brady. "Steven was having fun, getting into John's music, and loving the attention from his fans," says a source.

A rep for Tyler says, "He's concentrating on his book right now while his shoulder heals."

Meanwhile, Kramer, Whitford and bandmates Joe Perry and Tom Hamilton are considering looking for a new lead singer.

"It's hard for me to imagine getting on stage without Steven," says Kramer, who hopes that Tyler will rejoin them in the future. "He needs to take care of his health first and get help in order for there to be a future for an Aerosmith that includes him."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20321355,00.html

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #586 on: November 21, 2009, 03:00:26 AM »

I don't get one thing here, Joe Perry is allowed to release solo albums and play solo shows, but they're saying Steven isn't allowed?

Hypocritical much? hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #587 on: November 21, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »

well, Joe did his in his off time and of course his is a much lower scale than Steven's would be.

Steven would have 100 more times success as a solo artist.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #588 on: November 21, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »

From Joe Perry:

"Right this minute, we're kind of leaning toward finding another singer to work with until Steven is finished doing whatever he is doing."

After the abrupt end of the Aerosmith tour, which visited Phoenix in July, Perry says Tyler has informed his bandmates, guitarist Brad Whitford, drummer Joey Kramer, Hamilton and Perry, that "he wanted to take two years off from the band."

"But what he said he was going to do has been pretty vague," Perry says.

Perry says Aerosmith may tour, but probably not record, with a different singer who is more established and well-known.

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2009/11/22/20091122perry1122.html

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #589 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »

So Aerosmith are going to play with a different singer, then presumably when Tyler's ready to return, they'll drop the other guy and bring him back? Does anyone benefit in that situation??

I wonder why it wouldn't be possible for Steven to do solo stuff at the same time as playing with Aerosmith??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #590 on: November 22, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »

They're all acting like 12 yr olds imo especially steven's bandmates.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #591 on: November 24, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »

Here is video of Steven Tyler performing "Walk This Way" at Michael J. Fox's fundraiser on Nov. 21st.  He forgets the words at 2:07...

Michael J. Fox Dinner at the Waldorf 11/21/2009 with Steven Tyler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzTPlBZTQU

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #592 on: November 24, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

Aerosmith wants to work. Yet they havent done an album since what, 2001?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honkin%27_on_Bobo
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #593 on: November 24, 2009, 07:44:35 PM »

Aerosmith wants to work. Yet they havent done an album since what, 2001?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honkin%27_on_Bobo

One original song on that album.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #594 on: November 29, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »

Joe Perry will be appearing on David Letterman on Dec. 11th, that could be good.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2009, 03:09:13 PM »

According to this interview with Joe Perry on CNN, Aerosmith is looking for a new singer.

He says "we have a short list...just send your cards and letters and video tapes to my manager."

Video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/11/23/sot.joe.perry.cnn

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #596 on: November 30, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »

This surely can't end well....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #597 on: November 30, 2009, 03:24:06 PM »

Can't be worse than Just Push Play.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #598 on: December 01, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131267

Absolutely amazing interview with Perry,Kramer,Whitford and there old A&R Rep...Rolling Stone just recently interviewed them to get the facts on whats going on with Aerosmith...great read

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #599 on: December 02, 2009, 06:59:23 AM »

^ very interesting article, thanks for posting.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: