Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where's IZZY ?!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's IZZY ?!  (Read 6851 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« on: November 04, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »

I was driving to work this morning cranking out Better in one of those zoned out moments wondering shit, I can't wait to get to work and check out how the gig went last night. When all of a sudden it hit me:

Fuck me, where the fuck is IZZY ?

...I have accompanied the whole euro-summer tour here on the board and now of course the N.A Tour. I thought this summer one of the coolest things about the whole tour is that Izzy was out there with Axl rockin' the shit.

I love Izzy after Axl he has always been my favourite member, I really respect the way he left the band on his own terms (I know the timing then wasn't right, but man who has the balls to walk out and quit the biggest band in the world). On the Behind the music that old hag (don't remeber the name) says everyone wanted to go with him (because of Axl).
Why didn't they then ? because they didn't have the balls Izzy fuckin' Stradlin has... I love how he appears and then disappears much like Axl in a way... Whatever

So like the thread says where the fuck is IZZY?!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »

Izzy isn't in the band..

yeah it was cool that izzy played a couple shows with them but he's made no commitment to the band and he's pretty adverse to touring so I'd be surprised if he played more then a couple one-off shows.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »

He probably was asked to tour EUROPE and well, I bet he loves that so he said yes. But he probably wasnt too interested in touring the boring States. Maybe he'll make a guest appearance or two in NY or something...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »

Izzy definatley didn't play the odd show in Europe man. He played in more shows that he didn't.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 12:37:20 PM »

I would be great to see Izzy play some of the U.S. shows.  However, I just think it's great that he joined the band throughout Europe, and -even better - that he and Axl are on good terms.  Good enough for me...
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 12:56:07 PM »

I don't think we'll be seeing Izzy on this tour except on special occasions(LA, NY).

He really doesn't like touring, however he enjoys Europe which is why he toured there.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »

I was driving to work this morning cranking out Better in one of those zoned out moments wondering shit, I can't wait to get to work and check out how the gig went last night. When all of a sudden it hit me:

? ?...I have accompanied the whole euro-summer tour here on the board and now of course the N.A Tour. I thought this summer one of the coolest things about the whole tour is that Izzy was out there with Axl rockin' the shit.

? ?I love Izzy after Axl he has always been my favourite member, I really respect the way he left the band on his own terms (I know the timing then wasn't right, but man who has the balls to walk out and quit the biggest band in the world). On the Behind the music that old hag (don't remeber the name) says everyone wanted to go with him (because of Axl).
Why didn't they then ? because they didn't have the balls Izzy fuckin' Stradlin has... I love how he appears and then disappears much like Axl in a way... Whatever

Izzy Stradlin isn't a member of Guns N' Roses.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 01:24:39 PM »

if he shows up to any, I think it'll be 1 or 2 of the 3 L.A. shows. Hopefully this is true, because I will be attending two of them.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 02:01:44 PM »

Hes in Axl's ass thats where here is..... no wait sorry thats Slash.  rofl

Izzy must be home in LA.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 02:22:18 PM »

fuck izzy, we don't need 4 guitar players up there

he should come out for like maybe one song - not half the fuckin' set

Fucked up and out of place
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 02:25:06 PM »

Unfortunately.

I'll download it !
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 03:41:09 PM »

Izzy does whatever he wants, whenever he wants... so he wanted to do some shows during summer, and now he maybe doesn't want to. what's so bad on it, he doesn't need public attention, most probably he's hidden somewhere now, and appears when he wants to ok

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 03:44:47 PM »

I'd be very surprised if he didn't make an appearance for the MSG show, but I could care less if he did or didn't.  It's all about the current band on this tour.

RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 03:53:19 PM »

well, he just released a CD....so i dunno?

maybe he's gonna repalce Papa Roach as the opening band?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 05:05:56 PM »

? ?...I have accompanied the whole euro-summer tour here on the board and now of course the N.A Tour. I thought this summer one of the coolest things about the whole tour is that Izzy was out there with Axl rockin' the shit.

? ?I love Izzy after Axl he has always been my favourite member, I really respect the way he left the band on his own terms (I know the timing then wasn't right, but man who has the balls to walk out and quit the biggest band in the world). On the Behind the music that old hag (don't remeber the name) says everyone wanted to go with him (because of Axl).

Izzy is more like an 'honorary' member, but like everyone else has said, he has no commitments or plans with band, that we know of. Even if he were to return, it'd only be studio. He simply isn't into the live thing, and never has been. But if Bach can be treated like a member, than some love has gotta be shown to Izzy, especially considering he's the co-founder of the band.

I think it'd be cool if he popped up at MSG, he seems to like NYC, like Axl.

...I have accompanied the whole euro-summer tour here on the board and now of course the N.A Tour. I thought this summer one of the coolest things about the whole tour is that Izzy was out there with Axl rockin' the shit.

I love Izzy after Axl he has always been my favourite member, I really respect the way he left the band on his own terms (I know the timing then wasn't right, but man who has the balls to walk out and quit the biggest band in the world). On the Behind the music that old hag (don't remeber the name) says everyone wanted to go with him (because of Axl).

Axl sez - "He's around somewhere..."  ok

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »

a lil off topic here...correct me if im wrong but about two weeks before gnr played at hammerstein (their first show) i heard axl had lunch with matt sorum and they talked about the band....i dont know  what they said but someone let me know...thnx

immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me, they come to our country, and think theyll do as they please
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »

a lil off topic here...correct me if im wrong but about two weeks before gnr played at hammerstein (their first show) i heard axl had lunch with matt sorum and they talked about the band....i dont know? what they said but someone let me know...thnx

No. He had lunch with Izzy.

Axl ran into Matt at a party, and they decided to get some things & misconceptions about their feud out with each other. Supposedly they reconciled, according to Matt.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 06:27:01 PM »

he is in my ass... that's where izzy is.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 06:29:58 PM »

It would really help axl and everyone if they just put everything behind them and realized they should be friends. and Let the New GNR and VR kick ass.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 09:11:50 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if Izzy joins GN'R on an eventual South American leg?

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: