Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:24:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The DCU center in mantown 11/8 UPDATE thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DCU center in mantown 11/8 UPDATE thread  (Read 33049 times)
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2006, 12:43:42 PM »

And the triple guitar attack really worked for me.  Fink goes out to the battlefield and maniacally sprays machine gunfire everywhere, Fortus is an expert marksman, and Bumblefoot is special forces.

Quality! Love that and couldnt agree more.

Robin has really impressed me in 06 and I wasnt a fan at all really in 02. He seems so much more at home with the band now.
Awesome

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2006, 12:44:18 PM »

I disagree with the poster who said everyone was in their seats for Baz and not Papa Roach= quite the opposite happened. Many folks were complaining they couldn't understand a word Baz was singing, and some folks were turned off by his non stop parade of the F bomb after every song.

Papa Roach had the best audience out of the two, GNR came on, the house was full (no one in the hallways, that is). Some empty seats all over, so it definitely didn't sell out, but the crowd was awesome and it was a great time.  ok

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »

7. Jarmo has a cool accent. ?Tanya does too, but she doesn't want to admit it.

Axl said that?!?!

Or did you meet Jarmo?!?! Its not clear...

Oh sorry about that.? I was very sleepy when I wrote that hihi? How sad is it that I was thinking of  how to compose these highlights on the entire 2 hr ride home?

Anyway...I had met Jarmo and Tanya at? the preparty, and that highlight was just a personal one of mine, Axl mentioned neither of them Smiley

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2006, 01:52:03 PM »

I disagree with the poster who said everyone was in their seats for Baz and not Papa Roach= quite the opposite happened. Many folks were complaining they couldn't understand a word Baz was singing, and some folks were turned off by his non stop parade of the F bomb after every song.

Papa Roach had the best audience out of the two, GNR came on, the house was full (no one in the hallways, that is). Some empty seats all over, so it definitely didn't sell out, but the crowd was awesome and it was a great time.? ok

I agree every one rocked out for Baz and were meh for papa roach

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:09 PM »

Hey y'all... long time guest, first time poster... just wanted to give my little review:
Last night's show was fucking awesome.? Axl pretty much said from the beginning that he couldn't hear himself at all, but from where i was, he seemed to be hitting every single note.? The were definitely times when you couldn't hear him well, but when you could he sounded so damn good, even better than anything I've seen on youtube from '06.? The band kicked ass too.? When I left i was thinking about it, and it struck me that all these "new" guys are really seasoned experienced musicians with really different backgrounds, and they all bring a slightly different flavor to the table, which makes? for a really cool, unique sound overall.? I came in hoping they'd "fill in" for the old band well, but in the end I realized that this is a completely different group, and they're awesome!? They really made the songs their own.? And the triple guitar attack really worked for me.  Fink goes out to the battlefield and maniacally sprays machine gunfire everywhere, Fortus is an expert marksman, and Bumblefoot is special forces.  I was really impressed with Axl's behavior as well.? It seems to me that there was a time when he would have gone off on a 10 minute rant about the Portland fire marshalls, or stormed off stage because of the sound problems.? But he really was a perfect gentleman, very professional and gracious.? Anyway, I had a blast and I hope they come back soon! peace

That is a great analogy!   yes

Thanks to one and all for the great reviews.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your good time with us here.    ok
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »

From my perspective, Axl became more energetic and sounded better as the show went along. "Out Ta Get Me" was probably the best version I've ever heard live. The musicianship in the band is very tight, but I didn't care much for Finck's solo (the one that led into "Sweet Child O' Mine"). His "Beautiful" jam with Fortus was pretty cool, though. Not to complain about Ron Thal, but I wasn't impressed with his rendition of "Don't Cry". I agree with some of the other posters,  that there's one guitarist too many in the band. Of the new songs, I think "Better" came off best. The band can certainly play the hell out of the old stuff. Overall, for all of the technical issues, I'd give the show a letter grade of 'B'.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2006, 02:31:22 PM »

so i guess christos rule about the "no talking in the updating thread unless it's updates" didn't work out hihi
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »

Yeah uzisuicide2002 that was me next to you. Good thing that guy noticed us yelling to him or the show could of ended a little bit earlier. Getting Axl to play I.R.S was fucking awesome too.

The reason Axl called Frank his motivation was because after one of the songs, Axl was walking back to get some water and Frank got off his seat and was yelling at Axl saying "You're doing fucking great, you are the man, You're doing fucking great!!" Cause at that point Axl was a little pissed with not being able to hear himself. Then thats when Axl said "Yeah Frank is my motivation. He's the one that keeps me going. If I'm not out here singing he'll kick my ass. Now thats good motivation."

Axl was a class act all night. Very funny and handled the technical difficulties like a pro.
Another thing, He sounded fucking great. I was so impressed, especially without the in-ears. At the end of Jungle he threw them on the ground saying "I'm guess I'm gonna do the show without my in-ears cause the soundman is trying to fuck me." Then during either It's So Easy or Brownstone he got feedback and he kicked the monitor.

I love the Britney and KFed joke too. Then he gave us the west side sign with big smile. It was hilarious.

Great fucking show all around. Awesome setlist, I cant believe I got to see them play Down On The Farm, that was great.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:16:56 PM by ChineseTwAt » Logged
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »

Oh yeah, another thing from last night

During KOHD, he did the audience singing thing.  Then he said, we have one more...like normal.  But he skipped a beat and didn't start his singing when he normally would.  He fooled us!!  He smiled his little "hehe got ya" smile and then started the verse. I was so off time for that one, dammit hihi

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2006, 03:21:18 PM »

At the end of the day we should listen to music to inspire us, or move us in one way or another or just for pure entertainment. ?We should also go to live performances to be entertained. ?In my case, Guns N?Roses has always been special to me because it provided both of the above. ?Their music inspires me and at times, gives me the lift to get through the little things in life. I have seen Guns N? Roses 5 times in my life (Boston ?02, NY ?06 5/12, NY ?06 5/17 & Worcester ?06), and hopefully more to come. In all five of the shows, I have been delightfully entertained. ?The following is my review of the Guns N? Roses show in Worcester last night.

First off, I knew that the band would be going on sometime after 11:00p, so I planned accordingly and arrived at the venue around 10:00p and took the next day off. ?

It was a rainy, sloppy kind of night, but I thought the ?November Rain? was somewhat of a sign of things to come ? meaning that in a good ironic kind of way.

I went to the show with 6 of my closest family members, me being the only hardcore fan, the others being casual fans. BTW ? they were 100% wowed at how this band played ? they are true believers.

Now on to the show: ?
Guns started the show sometime around 11:40ish ? I don?t consider them as going on late, as Papa Roach ended his set sometime around 10:30 and it took quite awhile for the bands crew to set the stage for GN?R. ?We only sat around for maybe 3-4 songs on over the PA from the time they finished setting up the stage and when GN?R actually hit the stage. That?s not bad in my opinion.

The set list was as follows:
Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live and Let Die, Sweet Child O Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Solo/The Blues, Better, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Down on the Farm, IRS, My Michelle (With Bach), Patience, Nightrain, Madagascar, Paradise City

The band played great ? there were a few technical difficulties, but other than that show went flawless. ?The band seemed to be in a really good mood ? and the venue was 85% full for the entire show. ?

Axl addressed the Portland issue in his own way, and in my opinion he was a class act and put on one hell of a show. All of the negative fans need to take a step back and figure out why they still follow this band.- if they go back to the music they will figure it out. ?Get off your computers and see this band ? they FUCKIN? ROCK 

Keep Rockin? AXL

Wake up. . . .time to die
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »

Guns n roses Worcester Ma 11/09/06

First off Bach opening was amazing. He sounded great. I had heard some of his you tubes and thought he did not sound that great but last night his voice was insane.  He played some skid row hits and said that the Worcester crowd was probably the best he has seen all tour or something to that effect.  He also looks possessed when he hits that super high notes.  The guy can really song and I was really impressed.  As or Papa Roach I did not care for them. The crowed seemed much more into Bach than Papa Roach. 

The crowd waited about an hour or so for Gnr to hit the stage and no one really booed, then near the end a few people started booing and a lot of people joined in then 10 seconds later Robin started his WTTF tease and the crowd erupted.  I was at Boston 2002 and while Worcester is a smaller venue and has less people let me tell you the crowd was loud and into all the songs.  The new songs even got a pop.  Most people did not know them but I saw some people that were singing them.  One guy even asked Cindy who was next to me how we knew the new songs. He asked if we stole them LOL We told him the names of the new songs they played to that point and I assume he was going to go down load t hem after the show (sorry Axl)

Despite a lot of technical difficulties I have never heard Axl sound better than I did tonight.   For the first four songs he did not use his ear monitor because he could not hear himself and he sounded amazing.  He really should just lose the monitors because he always spends too much time playing with it and it sometimes throws him off.  After the first song Axl complained about the sound problems and said we will try to put on a show for you.  That worried a lot of people in the crowd but let me tell you the band really rallied and got through it all. The sound was really messed up because on some songs Robin?s guitar would just cut out, this caused him to toss 2 or 3 guitars during the show. Axl?s mic could cut out here and there and you couldn?t not hear him sing for parts of songs. It was interesting though to hear Robin?s guitar so high on some of the songs. It was pretty cool actually, the only bad thing was he crapped out for the intro of better and you could not hear his guitar intro for it. That was disappointing but the crowd was really into better especially the metal part.  I think we have Frank to thank for keeping this show going, because when Axl was really pissed off after the first few songs because of sound problems Frank said something to him because Axl came out and thanked him and said he is his new motivational speaker, and to keep going or he would kick my ass. 

While the solos were many they all got a good reaction from the crowd, the biggest cheer surprisingly came from Dizzy?s piano solo of the stones song Angie. Axl was in good spirits and joked a lot. He joked about the Fire Marshals in Maine and saying I thank the cool Fire Marshals here for allowing us to put on our show.  He also asked for a moment of silence because K Fed and Britney are getting a divorce, when the crowd cheered, Axl said that wasn?t very nice and laughed. He even messed with the fans for the sing a long part of KOHD and came on a few notes late on the final sing along and tricked us. It was funny.  Also after Better, Axl said I heard that.  And said I heard some of you yelling play more new songs. 

The surprise of the night came when they played down on the Farm; it was really rockin, and sounded great. But this was one of the songs Axl?s mic was crapping out and for the middle part of the song you couldn?t hear him. But the song came off great and they should make it a staple in their show. 

All and all the show came off great and the fans were into it all night. Not many left before the end of the show. I would say the place was about 80% full and quite a few people came from Maine to see the show.  Also after the show walking out and I went to a store after to get a drink, everyone was saying how great Axl and the band sounded.  I also turned on the radio to listen and 90% of the callers were positive.  The only negative things said about the band were about the solos.  They just think there are too many of them and they are a buzz kill. Ii have yet to hear a person said this show was not good yet so that is a good thing.  If not for the sound problems this could have been the best gnr show ever.  It?s the best I have ever been to and that includes the first night of Hammerstein.  Sure the list at Hammerstein was better but the band played and Axl sounded better at this show.  Axl?s voice is getting better and better. I never thought he would hear Axl as good as he sounded in the 80s again but he is getting close. If anyone gets a chance to see this band live, really should go check it out.  You won?t be disappointed. If they only had an album out then everyone would have known the new songs but in due time.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »

I really hope we gonna get Down On The Farm 2006 live versio  ok

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »

Yeah uzisuicide2002 that was me next to you. Good thing that guy noticed us yelling to him or the show could of ended a little bit earlier. Getting Axl to play I.R.S was fucking awesome too.

The reason Axl called Frank his motivation was because after one of the songs, Axl was walking back to get some water and Frank got off his seat and was yelling at Axl saying "You're doing fucking great, you are the man, You're doing fucking great!!" Cause at that point Axl was a little pissed with not being able to hear himself. Then thats when Axl said "Yeah Frank is my motivation. He's the one that keeps me going. If I'm not out here singing he'll kick my ass. Now thats good motivation."

Axl was a class act all night. Very funny and handled the technical difficulties like a pro.
Another thing, He sounded fucking great. I was so impressed, especially without the in-ears. At the end of Jungle he threw them on the ground saying "I'm guess I'm gonna do the show without my in-ears cause the soundman is trying to fuck me." Then during either It's So Easy or Brownstone he got feedback and he kicked the monitor.

I love the Britney and KFed joke too. Then he gave us the west side sign with big smile. It was hilarious.

Great fucking show all around. Awesome setlist, I cant believe I got to see them play Down On The Farm, that was great.

Yeah man it was great meet you guys. it was still a great time with all the shit that happen and off stage. The crowed was crushing everyone to much and ppl were getting pulled out before the band even came on. Did any video this show to put on dvd??? its a must have!!!!! beer

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »

no rocket queen, think about you, used to love her, you're crazy, or chinese democracy, everything else. all of the solos and stuff.

No Chinese Democracy?!
but.... but... its the Chinese Democracy World Tour!! ?
what's next? ?no CD on the CD CD? ?Tongue
sorry i'm giddy - its late!

thanks for the info guys ?ok

now I've seen everything Roll Eyes
even Eva Rosette is complaining rofl
never tought I'd see this comming:)
LOL!

last night was fun. ?Wish I could ne at MSG ?crying

And the triple guitar attack really worked for me.? Fink goes out to the battlefield and maniacally sprays machine gunfire everywhere, Fortus is an expert marksman, and Bumblefoot is special forces.

drool ?
 love Robin!! love

These reviews kick ASS!

Axl was walking back to get some water and Frank got off his seat and was yelling at Axl saying "You're doing fucking great, you are the man, You're doing fucking great!!" Cause at that point Axl was a little pissed with not being able to hear himself. Then thats when Axl said "Yeah Frank is my motivation. He's the one that keeps me going. If I'm not out here singing he'll kick my ass. Now thats good motivation."
I love this band. ?Cheesy

BBF had a bra thrown at him towards the end and he promptly wore it as a hat
rofl

Bach opening was amazing. He sounded great... his voice was insane... He also looks possessed when he hits that super high notes. The guy can really song and I was really impressed.

LOL! ?I know. Baz rocks... he's just huge on stage.. ?his presence and voice really fill the place. ?Definitely fit with GN'R in these larger arenas perfectly. ? ? ok

crying ? I want to be at MSG so bad. ?You fuckers ROCK IT a little extra hard for me, K?! ?Wink

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »

Does anyone have pics from lastnight? of video?

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2006, 06:03:06 PM »

The crowed was crushing everyone to much and ppl were getting pulled out before the band even came on.

Yeah man, me and my hair ( Grin ) got up to about third "row" during Bach's set. ?After his set, the crowd just started pushing horribly. ?I thought to myself that Papa Roach was just NOT worth this. ?I didn't think I would be able to keep it up through Papa Roach to make it to GNR, so I bailed and went to the back. ?

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2006, 06:03:20 PM »

This topic title is really misleading.
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2006, 06:03:48 PM »

http://www.newgnr.com/tourpictures.html

Smiley
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »

Very cool, thanks!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2006, 06:06:06 PM »

A friend I work with said she has some pics, but they didn't come out very well.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: