Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just got back from MSG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just got back from MSG  (Read 31596 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »

I dont get the whining about the setlist.

you have to understand that some people... well, some people are idiots.
i mean seriously (and i thought this point would have been stressed enough over the past two months), theyre complaining about a show they didnt even attend. theyre passing judgement on an event they didnt even witness. to do that, you gotta be stupid.
Amen!  It's ridiculous to complain about something you didn't even SEE for yourself, you just read about.  Some people will just NEVER get it.  The show was GREAT!!!  Take it from all of us who actually attended.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

I don't know why people think Papa Roach sucked. You don't have to like their music, but there is no denying that they have a tight band. For a band with only one guitar, they have a really big sound. The lead singer's voice is also great. I thought the crowd was way into them too.
I thought Papa Roach was really good actually.  Great energy.  Seemed really honored to be on the bill too, as they said before they wrapped up their set.  Although a friend of mine thought they were the worst band ever.  So, to each his own I guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »

Oh,man. What a night. Just woke up like 10 minutes ago. Last night was so freaking awesome! Got to the city around 2, went to Stitch to meet up with HTGTH people. Jarmo is AWESOME!!!!!!! Got to meet so many from the board, it was so cool!!!!  Made our way to the Garden at 7. Baz came on at 8. He was ok. I dunno, I guess I just wasn't ready yet, it was too early, lol. Papa Roach was actually pretty decent. Lots of energy. Guns came on at 11:15. HOLY CRAP! The lights go out, and the whole damned arena EXPLODES. The energy was just fantastic. Axl was spot on, the band was awesome. The whole night was so amazing. I'm just in awe. I mean damn. I had an incredible time last night. When the show was over, my husband and I went outside to see if we could spot anyone from the band. I don't remember what time it was when this all happened. Scott Ian from Anthrax came out with Baz. Ian didn't really stop to say hi, but Baz did for a couple of minutes. Then they piled into a van with some other people and took off. We waited some more, and eventually Bumblefoot came out. He's SO AWESOME! He hung around for a good half hour talking to the small group that was there. He was so cool. He shook everyone's hand, signed autographs, took pictures. BBF said he's looking foward to playing some new songs. So that led to the "when is the albom coming out". His first response was "pfffft". We all laughed. Then he went into the "any questions about the album must be directed to GNR management". So someone asked if he's contractulaly (sp?) bound to not answer, and he said "pretty much". So my husband spoke up and said "so your Axl bound". And BBF looked at my hubby, and winked. He was cool. He finally left, and then Frank came out. My husband shook his hand. It was a damned aweome night.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »

Wow cool. There is nothing like that concert high that you still have the next day. I remember it from the LV shows and Tampa............really fun.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2006, 01:20:38 PM »

THIS SHOW WAS FUCKING SICK!

if you ever, and i mean EVER... have a chance to see them in New York take it.  Give up your first born if you have to.  Worth every penny, the only downfall is sound problems which intervfered with ebtter... other than it was so fucking killer.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »

I just woke up too..(didn't get back to PA until 5 in the morning)

That show was just....wow.

I don't even know how to describe it. My seats were a bit farther back than I would have preferred, but still - GN'R brought it tonight, and NYC gave it right back. Like christina_rose said - as soon as the lights went down at 11:15, the crowd LOST it. I mean, they flipped right the fuck out! I'll keep it short and sweet, as all I'm going to be doing is echoing everyone else's comments, but yes, it was amazing, and I'd do it all over again if I could!

Got to meet so many of you at the pre-party, and you all kick ass as well! I'll get my picture developed later today and upload em!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 01:41:35 PM »

I agree with the NY thing.  i am from Boston and the Boston crowds suck compared to NY.  I wasn't at MSG, but I went to 2 this may.  NY people are true rock fans.  Being from Boston that kills me to say.  But I must admit it.  Boston fans are assholes. 

Ritz Reeves III
Ceely4
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2006, 01:45:43 PM »

Here are some picks from last night!
They were taken with my cell phone so the quality isn?t the best.

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnr2cb9.png
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7420/gnr1di3.png
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2307/gnr4vh1.png
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/1385/gnrtb9.png
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:25 PM »

The sound always seems to mess up on the new songs, especially Better.  Did the same thing in WV.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »

The sound always seems to mess up on the new songs, especially Better.? Did the same thing in WV.
The intro to better  they have robins guitar too low in the mix now. And Chin Dem was to bassy. I actualy like IRS better live than the demo. I dont like the demo anymore, it bores me. I hope the album version is more like the live version

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2006, 02:45:30 PM »

I Just woke up!  All I can say is that was an epic R & R show! Completely and utterly INSANE! I SOMEHOW FOUND MYSELF FRONTROW CENTER AT MSG!  How the fuck does that happen?Huh  It was really hardcore being up there... a lot of pushing, shoving, and ass grabbing the whole time!  I found bruises on my body today. It was sooooo worth it though!  I love that Scott Ian came out and played with Baz! You have to love Baz's enthusiasm.  I have to say it folks: I'm officially a new fan of Papa Roach!  I'm telling you guys, they not only rocked, but they rock it hard!  Please watch them if you get a chance.  GNR brought down the house! Not going to repeat what everyone else is saying... but honestly, I'm still in shock and awe!!!!!!! One funny note: Robin decides to stage dive right in front of me and my girlfriend!  We are both 5'3 and 100 lbs. Our arms were shaking as we were trying to pass him back!  He did this twice to us!  It was so insane!  My friend and I were laughing so hard.  I look at her and said, "I'm sorry, am I hallucinating or is there a guitar player on our heads?"

The show rocked so hard I don't think it could ever be topped! peace
Annie
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2006, 02:56:29 PM »

I Just woke up!? All I can say is that was an epic R & R show! Completely and utterly INSANE! I SOMEHOW FOUND MYSELF FRONTROW CENTER AT MSG!? How the fuck does that happen?Huh? It was really hardcore being up there... a lot of pushing, shoving, and ass grabbing the whole time!? I found bruises on my body today. It was sooooo worth it though!? I love that Scott Ian came out and played with Baz! You have to love Baz's enthusiasm.? I have to say it folks: I'm officially a new fan of Papa Roach!? I'm telling you guys, they not only rocked, but they rock it hard!? Please watch them if you get a chance.? GNR brought down the house! Not going to repeat what everyone else is saying... but honestly, I'm still in shock and awe!!!!!!! One funny note: Robin decides to stage dive right in front of me and my girlfriend!? We are both 5'3 and 100 lbs. Our arms were shaking as we were trying to pass him back!? He did this twice to us!? It was so insane!? My friend and I were laughing so hard.? I look at her and said, "I'm sorry, am I hallucinating or is there a guitar player on our heads?"

The show rocked so hard I don't think it could ever be topped! peace
I hate to say it, but if Robin did that to me, he would be dropped!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »

Here's my little review of last night's show:

Without a doubt, the best show of the tour.

The crowd was amazing. There was electicity in the air before the band came on. You could tell everybody was looking forward to the show and that they were there to have a good time.

It was so great, that I was afraid something would happen and it would all go wrong. But fortunately nothing went wrong and everybody there got to see a band who was having a great time on stage. Ron played a Kiss solo which Sebastian obviously noticed and he commented on it before My Michelle.

I believe Dizzy played Angie as his solo and Axl sang part of My Way before Paradise City.

I think we're in for an interesting tour from now on. It's like they put in a higher gear or something, and I suspect that the shows after this will be very cool. The same thing happened in Europe this past summer.

For people who were reading updates online and complaining about the show, you weren't there. You can't see the excitement on people's faces by reading updaes on a board. I'm sorry, but you just had to be there to get it.

Thanks to everybody who turned up at Stitch. Nice meeting you all!  beer

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 03:11:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dark_Ryu
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2006, 03:07:07 PM »

the crowd was amazing. There was electicity in the are before the band came on.

what Huh Huh
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2006, 03:10:45 PM »

the crowd was amazing. There was electicity in the are before the band came on.

what Huh Huh

Just a typo.  I'm sure he meant "air"

Thanks for the review, jarmo!

Glad you had such a good time.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »

I think that electricity is always there before GN'R comes on. ?The waiting in line, the days building up to the show, sitting through opening acts, it all builds you up to somethin big-Axl and the new GN'R. ?Which has been putting on a great show thus far..... beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2006, 03:13:38 PM »

I think that electricity is always there before GN'R comes on. 

True, but this was in New York City at a sold out MSG.

It's a special place to play and see a concert.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »

I think that electricity is always there before GN'R comes on.?

True, but this was in New York City at a sold out MSG.

It's a special place to play and see a concert.

/jarmo

there is nothing in the world like a sold-out Madison Square Garden, in New York City.....come on....this is the capital of the world.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »

BBF was so great too! As in past shows, he came down across the whole front row and let everyone touch his guitar, and I touched it with one hand and gave him the rocker sign ?peace with the other, and he winked at me and gave me the rocker sign back ?peace and said "yeah!" ?He and Robin truly play with their heart and soul! ?The show was soooo amazing!!!!! ?Grin
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2006, 03:38:04 PM »

Here's my little review of last night's show:

Without a doubt, the best show of the tour.

The crowd was amazing. There was electicity in the air before the band came on. You could tell everybody was looking forward to the show and that they were there to have a good time.

It was so great, that I was afraid something would happen and it would all go wrong. But fortunately nothing went wrong and everybody there got to see a band who was having a great time on stage. Ron played a Kiss solo which Sebastian obviously noticed and he commented on it before My Michelle.

I believe Dizzy played Angie as his solo and Axl sang part of My Way before Paradise City.

I think we're in for an interesting tour from now on. It's like they put in a higher gear or something, and I suspect that the shows after this will be very cool. The same thing happened in Europe this past summer.

For people who were reading updates online and complaining about the show, you weren't there. You can't see the excitement on people's faces by reading updaes on a board. I'm sorry, but you just had to be there to get it.

Thanks to everybody who turned up at Stitch. Nice meeting you all!? beer

/jarmo

Axl singing My Way? OMG, i've so gotta hear that!  beer

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: