Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 46142 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2006, 07:15:56 AM »

I really found this funny... hihi Now Merk knows about censorship? hihi
He was the one asking for topics to be deleted here, now he's not welcome.
Eat your censorship.
 Grin

//JK
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2006, 07:29:54 AM »

today was the worst day i think this forum has ever had. it should have been one of the most highly debated and talked about news items we have had in years - a letter from the man himself!!!!

but instead all we got was a bunch of pats on the back for axl and gnr. look at the posts in the main forum - nothing but "this is the best day of my life" shit.

for people who actually want to know whats going on in the band, thats pretty boring stuff. i come here because i want to know whats up behind the scenes, what the real story is. if i wanted to read axl's statement and get on my knees for him, i'd just go to gnr.com and do it there.

any post that would have contributed to substantive and interesting debate over the letter's release and the circumstances surrounding it was summarily deleted. this post might be deleted as well, seeing as i havent had a single one not wiped all day.

its a damn shame.

have we forgotten about the four shows that were cancelled? that like 100,000 people that just had their plans shat on right there. you dont hear anyone on this forum complaining about it, though, do you? thats because no one is getting the chance.

so axl gives us a "tentative" release date with multiple strings attached, disclaims all responsibility for past and future delays,? and cancels on thousands of loyal fans because he doesnt feel like doing the shows anymore? thats bullshit. where i come from, when you schedule a committment, be it a concert or a meeting or a fucking phone call, you keep it and you show up, on time, every time.

fuck this shit. i dont think today;s news was all that great at all!!!!

im 100% with you on that one.
it kills you when watchin the favorite singer of all time cant deliver the album promised for so many years now. thats the only xmas present i really wanted but instead you get a blame game between axl and merck.
and you also find out that the only delay is that this band is having so much fun with our money to bother sit down and finish the bloody thing.
 ?

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2006, 09:08:30 AM »

Think about this phrase for a moment: Guns N' Roses

That's what this site is dedicated to.

so we are not allowed to paste Rolling Stone/NME/MTV/etc/etc articles about the band, since they were not written by the band?
or interviews with josh freese, paul huge, zakk wyld since they are no longer in the band?

merck was the manager for a long time. in that article he's not bashing the band, but giving some background details...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2006, 12:50:03 PM »

so we are not allowed to paste Rolling Stone/NME/MTV/etc/etc articles about the band, since they were not written by the band?
or interviews with josh freese, paul huge, zakk wyld since they are no longer in the band?

merck was the manager for a long time. in that article he's not bashing the band, but giving some background details...

Correct.   Information from third party sources (Merck, Mysteron, NME, MTV etc. would not be allowed under the new policies.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2006, 01:39:47 PM »

That statement is stupid and you know it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2006, 01:45:05 PM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

...and if the band wants us to know nothing?

I can understand you wanting to exploit this new found relationship with the band, but if they truly respected you they would allow you to run the site as you saw fit

We havent always agreed on things, but i've never doubted your love of the band and desire to create a place for all GNR fans to come together and enjoy the band

Your now undoing so much of the hard work you've put in, you built this site from nothing with your integrity and professionalism drawing in millions of fans.

When we are so close to a new album, dont let that same integrity slide now

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2006, 01:48:23 PM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

...and if the band wants us to know nothing?

I can understand you wanting to exploit this new found relationship with the band, but if they truly respected you they would allow you to run the site as you saw fit

We havent always agreed on things, but i've never doubted your love of the band and desire to create a place for all GNR fans to come together and enjoy the band

Your now undoing so much of the hard work you've put in, you built this site from nothing with your integrity and professionalism drawing in millions of fans.

When we are so close to a new album, dont let that same integrity slide now

the fact that this site has the attention of the GNR camp shows the integrity right there.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2006, 02:01:05 PM »

None of you seem to get it.

I run the site as I see fit.

Occasionally I'm asked to remove something.

If I don't see why it should be removed, I can always ask. But usually I can see why.

I can give you an example: The Rolling Stone article. It contained lies and people got excited. The album wasn't released in November. Every time an article claims something about the band, and it doesn't happen, a certain person in the band gets the blame for it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
daubs
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2006, 02:04:13 PM »

I'm leaving this site because of the merck issue. In my opinion site is a waste of time if we are only allowed to discuss topics that are considered positive.

Best of luck.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2006, 02:08:58 PM »

Why does every single person that wants to leave the forum, feel the need to post about it?

Do you think your "bye bye" post will make a difference?

Psychophobia
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2006, 02:24:43 PM »

Why does every single person that wants to leave the forum, feel the need to post about it?

Do you think your "bye bye" post will make a difference?
It's not about making a difference, It's about letting the webmaster know that his policies are repelling potential members. In Jarmo's case, he doesn't give a rats' ass, but there are some places on the net where member feedback actually counts for something, believe it or not.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »

If I don't see why it should be removed, I can always ask. But usually I can see why.

I can give you an example: The Rolling Stone article. It contained lies and people got excited. The album wasn't released in November. Every time an article claims something about the band, and it doesn't happen, a certain person in the band gets the blame for it.

/jarmo
And what did removing the rolling stone article achieve?  Really?

Did it annoy people that their posts were getting erased without any feedback whatsoever?   For no apparent reason?   Yes it did.

Did it prevent people from finding out about the rolling stone article?   No it didn't.

Did it enhance the reputation of HTGTH? 

If you want it to be "The Jarmo Show" then go ahead.   But if you want to try to enforce policy like you state, then the policy should surely at least be consistent? 

Where you asked to remove the Merck article?   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

/jarmo
And what did removing the rolling stone article achieve?? Really?

Did it annoy people that their posts were getting erased without any feedback whatsoever?? ?For no apparent reason?? ?Yes it did.

Did it prevent people from finding out about the rolling stone article?? ?No it didn't.

Did it enhance the reputation of HTGTH??

If you want it to be "The Jarmo Show" then go ahead.? ?But if you want to try to enforce policy like you state, then the policy should surely at least be consistent??

Where you asked to remove the Merck article?? ?

Why do you keep coming back?
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2006, 02:48:10 PM »

in the axl's letter thread, after posting a big thanks to axl for the letter i proceeded to make a post simply asking if anyone thought merck would get his old job at sanctuary back, since he decided to leave sanctuary to stay with axl, and it was deleted. that was all the post said, and yet my post was deleted. i guess this message board doesn't value it members anymore, which is a shame, because i know axl is aware of how positive this message board community is as a whole and i think he would like us to be allowed to speak freely. as a matter of fact i feel sure of it, knowing axl's appreciation of free speech. and even if jarmo didn't delete that message, i humbly ask jarmo to explain to me why such an innocent question would be deleted. btw i feel jarmo is getting too much heat and criticism on this cencorship issue, when he tries to run a message board in support of guns n' roses he is in his full right to do his best to keep it positive, so this question is excactly that, a question and not necessarily a criticism.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 02:50:36 PM by 2007what! » Logged

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2006, 02:50:33 PM »

in the axl's letter thread, after posting a big thanks to axl for the letter i proceeded to make a post simply asking if anyone thought merck would get his old job at sanctuary back, since he decided to leave sanctuary to stay with axl, and it was deleted. that was all the post said, and yet my post was deleted. i guess this message board doesn't value it members anymore, which is a shame, because i know axl is aware of how positive this message board community is as a whole and i think he would like us to be allowed to speak freely. as a matter of fact i feel sure of it, knowing axl's appreciation of free speech.

probably because you asked question in a wong thread... and on the wrong board... btw. Merck left Sanctuary not because of Guns N' Roses, but because of himself... to answer your question
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2006, 02:53:49 PM »

in the axl's letter thread, after posting a big thanks to axl for the letter i proceeded to make a post simply asking if anyone thought merck would get his old job at sanctuary back, since he decided to leave sanctuary to stay with axl, and it was deleted. that was all the post said, and yet my post was deleted. i guess this message board doesn't value it members anymore, which is a shame, because i know axl is aware of how positive this message board community is as a whole and i think he would like us to be allowed to speak freely. as a matter of fact i feel sure of it, knowing axl's appreciation of free speech.

probably because you asked question in a wong thread... and on the wrong board... btw. Merck left Sanctuary not because of Guns N' Roses, but because of himself... to answer your question

on the wrong board? yeah, lord knows the wrong place to ask a question concerning guns n' roses affairs is on a guns n' roses board.

btw, i edited my original post to make it clear that i support jarmo in keeping this board clean (most message boards are polluted with utter shit but this one has been one of the most well-run for years), i simply want an explanation from a moderator or jarmo as to why sincere question was deleted and thus denying a true fan information about his favorite band.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »

on the wrong board? yeah, lord knows the wrong place to ask a question concerning guns n' roses affairs is on a guns n' roses board.

Merck didn't leave Sancturay to stay with Axl, but Axl might have left Sanctuary to stay with Merck which didn't happen as Merck is no longer involved. It is like asking did Doug get his job back once he was no longer GN'R manager in an Open letter to the fans thread!
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2006, 03:00:15 PM »

but surely you realize that my question just as much had to do with axl firing merck, which was an essential part of his letter to us?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »

If you want it to be "The Jarmo Show" then go ahead.   But if you want to try to enforce policy like you state, then the policy should surely at least be consistent? 

It is very consistent as far as I know.

I explained myself, and you just refuse to get it. There's nothing I can do about it.

You have Axl's letter here. If somebody outside the band, or its organization, writes a letter, you'll have to look for it somewhere else.

/jarmo

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2006, 03:05:56 PM »

but surely you realize that my question just as much had to do with axl firing merck, which was an essential part of his letter to us?

I just don't see how it is related, but whatever... I just wanted to say that this message board does value it members ? peace
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: