Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:06:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 45475 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006, 03:42:52 PM »

can you tell us if HTGTH is still financially supported by GNR (bandwidth or your salary, for example)?

and we know that you'll be honest, right?Huh hihi

I wish Jarmo would answer this question ^^

i wish not... first of all it is totally irrelevant... second of all he already answered it few times...
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006, 03:45:18 PM »

Thanks for the answer Jarmo!  Smiley

moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006, 03:48:39 PM »

FUCK that jarmo.

you know damn well that merck's statement is relevant. you fucking know it. you would have gotten down on your knees not less than 12 hours ago to get half as much info from him, and now you delete any and all related posts?

i read the rules and i found nothing saying i couldnt post the things that were deleted. i havent been posting as much recently, and i didnt realize how much you guys had changed.

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »

waaaaaaaaa censorship  crying crying crying

theres probably 20 GNR boards out there.  if you dont like how this one is run, cool visit another one.   Jarmo is a liason between us and the band, this site was chosen as a means to communicate with the fans.   The news posted here is the news that comes FROM the band.   The outsiders view can be found elsewhere.    I for one support this band and this board.   If you dont like it, its more than understandable, but at least have some respect for the board and the fans here.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »

FUCK that jarmo.

you know damn well that merck's statement is relevant. you fucking know it. you would have gotten down on your knees not less than 12 hours ago to get half as much info from him, and now you delete any and all related posts?

i read the rules and i found nothing saying i couldnt post the things that were deleted. i havent been posting as much recently, and i didnt realize how much you guys had changed.

He isn't involved with the band anymore.

12 hours ago he wasn't either....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »

waaaaaaaaa censorship? crying crying crying

theres probably 20 GNR boards out there.? if you dont like how this one is run, cool visit another one.? ?Jarmo is a liason between us and the band, this site was chosen as a means to communicate with the fans.? ?The news posted here is the news that comes FROM the band.? ?The outsiders view can be found elsewhere.? ? I for one support this band and this board.? ?If you dont like it, its more than understandable, but at least have some respect for the board and the fans here.

But you can agree that up until yesterday Merck was regarded as a member of the GNR camp and information he knows is still very relevent. ?It's not like someone who posts a biased review of a show, his statements pretty much just added some more info (from the inside view which he had until yesterday) to what Axl revealed.

I support this site and always will, it's just kind of weird to banish someone's opinion who was an important part of GNR (and is self admittedly still a FAN) for a long time and still has current knowledge of the album.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »

Jarmo thinks Axl will be delighted that he cleans up anything that shows him in some poor light.? Probably hopes Axl will use him as the official liasion for communication (if that isn't already true).? If it is, just come out and say it.? If not, I wouldn't hold my breath.
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »

jarmo if you are saying that merck isnt involved and is not relevant to this band, then i challenge you to go delete every since post from the last 4 months that talks about the number of tuesday's left in 2006. cause we talked about that every single day since september and that was STRAIGHT FROM HIS FUCKING MOUTH.

and now we cant even discuss a letter he posts, obviously trying to communicate with us?

i just dont understand.

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2006, 04:02:24 PM »

i think it's cuz he pretty much claimed to have written axl's statement. why have 2 threads saying the same thing, when in actuallity all that needs to be read is what axl says....what merck says about the album release no longer has any relevance since he is no longer involved.

his input was relevant but not any more....just like if you were fired from your job....would your opinion still be a valid one to employees of that company?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2006, 04:02:48 PM »

Jarmo thinks Axl will be delighted that he cleans up anything that shows him in some poor light. 

You don't know this.

anythinggoes
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »

Jarmo thinks Axl will be delighted that he cleans up anything that shows him in some poor light.? Probably hopes Axl will use him as the official liasion for communication (if that isn't already true).? If it is, just come out and say it.? If not, I wouldn't hold my breath.

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

I feel honoured that the band have chosen this site to be one of the channels used to reach out to us fans. It's definitely not something I ever imagined happening when I started the site over ten years ago.

i think Jarmo has made clear the situation
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2006, 04:03:59 PM »

I support this site and always will, it's just kind of weird to banish someone's opinion who was an important part of GNR (and is self admittedly still a FAN) for a long time and still has current knowledge of the album.

That is kind of where I am at with this. In Merck's letter he enclosed the two emails he sent Axl of the template for the letter he "wrote" to everyone on the board. I am not quite sure how Axl's letter template could be construed as spreading lies or chaos, but I guess the new rules about not allowing band outsiders opinions to be posted is enforced across the board. If the direct source of Axl's letter is not seen as legitimate or relevant information, then I am not sure what we should really even bother posting that won't be removed.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2006, 04:05:15 PM »

Jarmo thinks Axl will be delighted that he cleans up anything that shows him in some poor light.?

You don't know this.

True, but this is my opinion based on recent information and developments on this board the past couple months.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2006, 04:09:38 PM »

Jarmo thinks Axl will be delighted that he cleans up anything that shows him in some poor light. 

You don't know this.

True, but this is my opinion based on recent information and developments on this board the past couple months.

You should not be posting things like that as "fact". If Jarmo says so, then it is fact, if not, then you should put "I believe" in front of it.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2006, 04:11:31 PM »

Jarmo thinks Axl will be delighted that he cleans up anything that shows him in some poor light.?

You don't know this.

You should not be posting things like that as "fact". If Jarmo says so, then it is fact, if not, then you should put "I believe" in front of it.

I assumed such a claims as the one I made would be treated as an opinion since I have no inside knowledge.? I apologize if someone out there took my statement as absolute fact.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2006, 04:16:28 PM »

You hated him when he asked us not to discuss certain things.

How things change...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2006, 04:30:04 PM »

You hated him when he asked us not to discuss certain things.

How things change...

We still do hate him for effectively trying to run the band into the ground. I think alot of the "hate" spoken of is more to the overall policy of having the site be a piece of propaganda versus a fan message board.

There is clearly a time and place for filtering out things that are completely absurd or unrelated to the band, but information such as Merck's contribution that offer a better insite into what has been going on should not be taboo on a Guns fan message board.

I also think some of the censorship frustration would dissipate around here if it was just made clear to the board and its members on the news page up front for all to see that this is a management monitored board and is meant for propaganda purposes. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but call a spade a spade.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2006, 04:37:43 PM »

For Christ's sake! Who cares? Get over it, it was just a fucking letter. There are more important and positive things going on now. Hey, did you guys know that for the first time ever Axl gave us an exact date? You guys were so busy bitching that it's hard to tell if you've noticed it or not.

Even if Jarmo still does whatever Axl wants or tells him to do, I must say this place (and the whole GNR world) has just gotten a lot better.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2006, 04:41:11 PM »

Propaganda?

Is that what you feel it is because we focus on the band instead of focusing what everybody else says about them...

Ok...

/jarmo

EFISH
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

It's not like Jarmo's hiding the letter from you. You can still read it and discuss it , just not here.
It's no real big deal, and I dont know why people are so upset about it.... I've been on a high all day since we got that letter from Axl last night!  peace
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: