Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228004 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 45905 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 11:53:47 AM »

I understand that the idea of a muse would be of a woman, but the way it was used to refer to Axl, I found a bit ammusing.

Muse is just an alternate word for "inspiration" really and it is almost always used in conjunction with something feminine. ?It's not negative at all. ?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 11:54:24 AM »

First of all, we got a 'tentative' release date that we hope it will be out by.

Second, Merck's statements elude to some possible issues with Axl (I like how Merck refers to the muse as "her") being unavailable to work on the album when recording sessions were scheduled and that the NA tour continued as a cash-grab so they could afford to keep working on CD, which has been speculated before. Now can I be sure that Merck isn't lying - no. Can I be sure that everything in Axl's statement is true - no. If Axl's statement deserves the benefit of the doubt, I can't see why Merck's doesn't also.

And third, I JUST GOT NEGATIVE KARMA!!!!? Shocked? ?I've done way more good for this band than I've done harm. I talk them up to friends that just roll their eyes back at me. I tell people how phenominal the new album is gonna be when it is released before the end of the year. I invite friends and relatives to the shows that normally wouldn't attend. And I've given free promo to this site by wearing my personalized HTGTH shirt to the Cleveland show.

Uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh!

You got negative karma not because of a lack of support for the band. You got it for one of the posts you made, and I'm sure you know which one.

Why are my posts about Axl's letter being removed from the thread about Axl's letter? ? ?I'm not bashing the band, Axl or Merck. ? It's just discussion.

We REALLY need a list of the acceptable topics. ? Perhaps you guys can come up with all the acceptable replies and we can just copy and paste that replies into each thread rather than risk coming up with them ourselves.

Easier for you guys (not removing a million posts a day) and easier for us (not having to stress about whether we're allowed to post something or not).

I'll start:

Allowed posts:

"HTGTH Rocks"

"Axl is God"

"Thanks for the letter Axl"

You guys feel free to contribute.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

I understand that the idea of a muse would be of a woman, but the way it was used to refer to Axl, I found a bit ammusing.

It's not used to refer to Axl. It's used to paint the picture of his recording struggles.

But yeah, it could be an extremely subtle jab at him. But I think the jab lay more in his inabillity to work than the use of 'her'.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2006, 11:57:28 AM »

It's not used to refer to Axl. It's used to paint the picture of his recording struggles.

But yeah, it could be an extremely subtle jab at him. But I think the jab lay more in his inabillity to work than the use of 'her'.

It's not a jab.   Anyone offended by it clearly doesn't understand the word.   If that's the reason that it's being removed then it's a fucking disgrace and the people that made the decision need a fucking education.

What leaks??
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »

It's not a jab.? ?Anyone offended by it clearly doesn't understand the word.? ?If that's the reason that it's being removed then it's a fucking disgrace and the people that made the decision need a fucking education.

You're right, in the context it isn't a jab at all.  To work on something you need inspiration or as Merck states, a muse (which is always a word used in conjunction with something or someone feminine).  I believe that is all he meant by it. peace
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2006, 12:02:23 PM »

I stand corrected.

I went back and re-read the statement and I have a better understanding now. I understood it to mean that Axl wasn't showing up at these recording session when in fact has was there, but his inspiration was not.

Since I've been on and whole-heartedly supported the band and never had positive Karma, what do I need to do to get outta the whole?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2006, 12:04:14 PM »

It's not a jab.? ?Anyone offended by it clearly doesn't understand the word.? ?If that's the reason that it's being removed then it's a fucking disgrace and the people that made the decision need a fucking education.

Most probably not, and I believe that too. But there is the possibillity of a jab there if you want it to be.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2006, 01:55:56 PM »

i think censorship is too heavy at the moment  Sad

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

I feel honoured that the band have chosen this site to be one of the channels used to reach out to us fans. It's definitely not something I ever imagined happening when I started the site over ten years ago.

With that in mind, other people, who aren't involved with the band, might not be able to get their messages posted here. They probably have other ways of getting their messages across anyway.

Like the message on VR's site earlier this year, like all the stupid digs at the band that various people have taken. I don't feel like I have to give people like that more publicity by posting their comments.

In many cases these articles and such are full of lies and speculation. The only thing that comes out of those discussions are posts filled with "these guys suck!", "what a bunch of idiots", "they're right!" and so on.

I don't feel like we need to have that kind of discussions.

I'm speaking generally here and regarding the question in this thread, I can only say it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned. You have Axl's letter here, whatever the rest of the world says is posted somewhere else.

Thank you for understanding.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

I feel honoured that the band have chosen this site to be one of the channels used to reach out to us fans. It's definitely not something I ever imagined happening when I started the site over ten years ago.

With that in mind, other people, who aren't involved with the band, might not be able to get their messages posted here. They probably have other ways of getting their messages across anyway.

Like the message on VR's site earlier this year, like all the stupid digs at the band that various people have taken. I don't feel like I have to give people like that more publicity by posting their comments.

In many cases these articles and such are full of lies and speculation. The only thing that comes out of those discussions are posts filled with "these guys suck!", "what a bunch of idiots", "they're right!" and so on.

I'm speaking generally here and regarding the question in this thread, I can only say it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned. You have Axl's letter here, whatever the rest of the world says is posted somewhere else.

/jarmo

Well put Jarmo!

can you tell us if HTGTH is still financially supported by GNR (bandwidth or your salary, for example)?

and we know that you'll be honest, right???  hihi

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »

I don't feel like I have to give people like that more publicity by posting their comments.

Yesterday, if Merck would've said jump, you would have said how high. Now, that he's no longer in management, you don't wanna give him publicity anymore? I'm not a fan of Merck, but your attitude is very sad...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2006, 03:12:28 PM »

/jarmo

So since yesterday he's not longer relevant to any discussion? 

What leaks??
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

I've never really openly critized you Jarmo but for fucks sake stop being such a damn lapdog? no
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2006, 03:27:23 PM »

Does this new rule apply to anyone externally commenting on the band, or only those who's comments are positive? I would hope that the rule will cut both ways and encompass all positive and negative comments made by people not involved with the band, because to only filter the negative ones could be construed as nothing but a propaganda campaign. I know the integrity of this site is above that.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »

This is Guns N' Roses fans site. (Un)fortunately Merck & Guns N' Roses decided to go separate ways. I am sure there is a mutual respect for what has been done in past 5 years. And I think Merck has been great manager... but this is Guns N' Roses site and they chose it to send a message to their fans. This is not a Merck fans site. (Un)fortunately you can not seat on two chairs at the same time...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2006, 03:33:27 PM »

This is Guns N' Roses fans site. (Un)fortunately Merck & Guns N' Roses decided to go separate ways. I am sure there is a mutual respect for what has been done in past 5 years. And I think Merck has been great manager... but this is Guns N' Roses site and they chose it to send a message to their fans. This is not a Merck fans site. (Un)fortunately you can not seat on two chairs at the same time...

Not opnly that But i want to really thank jarmo for staying on that path
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »

can you tell us if HTGTH is still financially supported by GNR (bandwidth or your salary, for example)?

and we know that you'll be honest, right???  hihi

I wish Jarmo would answer this question ^^

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2006, 03:40:30 PM »

Not opnly that But i want to really thank jarmo for staying on that path

.....as it gets narrower and narrower.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »

wish Jarmo would answer this question ^^

That is his personal business, and he does not have to answer to us. However, it does not take a genius to read between the lines about the situation. Draw your own conclusions, just leave them off the board.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2006, 03:42:16 PM »

I don't feel like I have to give people like that more publicity by posting their comments.

Yesterday, if Merck would've said jump, you would have said how high. Now, that he's no longer in management, you don't wanna give him publicity anymore? I'm not a fan of Merck, but your attitude is very sad...

Think about this phrase for a moment: Guns N' Roses

That's what this site is dedicated to.

I've never really openly critized you Jarmo but for fucks sake stop being such a damn lapdog  no

We're doing the same thing we did yesterday, a week ago, last month etc.

Nothing has changed regarding the board. 

Merck is gone, but it doesn't mean the policies are gonna change.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: