Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227938 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 45468 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2006, 11:40:26 PM »

Name one piece of music he either have ever done that is considered some of the greatest riffs or solos of all time?

Yeah but in my opinion, some of his solo material is some of the greatest stuff I've ever heard.

My point is that just because Slash has more credit than him, doesnt make him "better", it's all about opinion man.

exactly.  D your opinion is bullshit because all it is hating on other people's opinions.

I like robin better than slash.   I dont feel I need a reason other than the fact that I just prefer him and  i hope you despise me.  beer

beer exactly my thought JB

keep up the good work moderators and jarmo  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2006, 12:53:51 AM »

Those last two posts totally blow my mind.?

WTTJ,SCOM,PC,nightrain,RQ,NR,Coma,Civil War,Locomotive,Estranged,Dont Cry solo, KOHD solo

vs

what?

U can like Robin better than Slash that is fine. I dont think u can say he is better until he proves it with what he does on CD.

when people say Bumblefoot is better than Slash when he's been in the band for 5 minutes, that is crazy and totally disrespectful to not only the old members but people who are fans of the original band as well.

U can have any opinion u want but that doesnt stop it from being ridiculous.

When CD comes out, u can make an argument, until then, a cover musician can never play a song better than the guy who actually wrote the fuckin thing.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:55:34 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
EFISH
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2006, 01:00:11 AM »

It's disrespectful to the original GNR and to fans of the original GNR to like Bumblefoot?

Are you out of your mind?

I simply like his guitar playing better than Slash's. It's really as simple as that. I'm a huge fan of the original line-up, every single song is a masterpiece, but I'm not offended when someone says they like the new line-up. I fucking love the new line-up! Can't we love both? Whats the big deal? It's the same name, but its a different band, and I like both bands.

edit: And I just saw your edit.... no, we never said that they play the original stuff better. Though, you are wrong again, it is possible for cover musicians to play other's music better. Bob Dylan admitted that GNR covered KOHD better than the original. But we are just talking about what guitar player we like better. I like Ron more than I like Slash, and Jim Bob likes Robin more than he likes Slash, but I don't see how you find that disrespectul to the old line-up. That kind of logic is flawed. I guess if someone likes Scott Weiland's singing in Stone Temple Pilots, they are disrespecting Axl?  nervous
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 01:05:58 AM by EFISH » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2006, 01:23:37 AM »

It's disrespectful to the original GNR and to fans of the original GNR to like Bumblefoot?

Are you out of your mind?

I simply like his guitar playing better than Slash's. It's really as simple as that. I'm a huge fan of the original line-up, every single song is a masterpiece, but I'm not offended when someone says they like the new line-up. I fucking love the new line-up! Can't we love both? Whats the big deal? It's the same name, but its a different band, and I like both bands.

edit: And I just saw your edit.... no, we never said that they play the original stuff better. Though, you are wrong again, it is possible for cover musicians to play other's music better. Bob Dylan admitted that GNR covered KOHD better than the original. But we are just talking about what guitar player we like better. I like Ron more than I like Slash, and Jim Bob likes Robin more than he likes Slash, but I don't see how you find that disrespectul to the old line-up. That kind of logic is flawed. I guess if someone likes Scott Weiland's singing in Stone Temple Pilots, they are disrespecting Axl?? nervous

Dont twist what I am saying

U can like who ever u want more than Slash

But when u say someone is "Better" especially when they havent even released an album of original material yet, that is disrespecting the old members.

I like Richie Sambora better than Eric Clapton, I would never be dumb enough to say Sambora is better than Clapton though.

There is a difference.

I like Slash better than Hendrix, of course I wouldnt say Slash is better than Hendrix..... get what Im sayin?

I've heard people say that "Bumblefoot is better than Slash"

Slash the guy responsible for some of the most memorable and test of time standing solo's and riffs in music history.

I love the new band and the new guys to,but there is no need for these people to desecrate the old members historic contributions to prop up the new guys.

It quite frankly pisses me off like u wouldn't believe when someone says that.

U can like whoever u want better, but to say someone IS Better, that goes beyond opinion and straight into the realm of ignorance cause it is something that can be backed up with evidence.

U send me audio of Bumble and Finck's 10 greatest riffs, and 10 greatest solo's they've written.

Ill send u audio of Slash's.

Any drama as to who? the winner would be at this point? no

« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 01:25:32 AM by D » Logged

EFISH
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2006, 01:27:13 AM »

When people say "Robin is better than Slash" it means that they LIKE Robin better than Slash. When it comes to this stuff, none of it is fact, so it doesn't matter...when somebody makes that statement, it's just there personal taste.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2006, 01:37:37 AM »

When people say "Robin is better than Slash" it means that they LIKE Robin better than Slash. When it comes to this stuff, none of it is fact, so it doesn't matter...when somebody makes that statement, it's just there personal taste.

I dont take it that way. If someone is Better, they are better meaning superior in talent,skill etc etc.

Can Robin be better than Slash? Sure, its possible once CD comes out and we see what he can do.

Im only stating that people should at least wait to the damn thing comes out before making such claims.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2006, 01:44:56 AM »

Robin has better stage presence than Slash.  He is a better performer on stage than Slash.    Neither of those things have to do with writing songs.   

how the fuck is that disrespectful to the ex-members?  some of you people are funny..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2006, 01:48:32 AM »

Robin has better stage presence than Slash.? He is a better performer on stage than Slash.? ? Neither of those things have to do with writing songs.? ?

how the fuck is that disrespectful to the ex-members?? some of you people are funny..

Cause when someone says that he is BETTER that means BETTER and since we are talkin about guitar players, that would mean he is a better guitar player which is impossible seeing as how CD hasnt even came out yet and Slash is the owner of some of the greatest and most memorable Rock Riffs and solos in music history.

Better performer? Have u heard his solo before SCOM?

More stage presence? Please.

are u like 13 years old?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2006, 01:51:03 AM »

been right there 4 times.. how many times have you seeen them?

oh yea thats right.. you aren't qualified to even have an opinion on this because you haven't even seen the fucking band!!   
EstrangedReality
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2006, 01:52:26 AM »

This discussion has veered very off-topic.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2006, 02:00:58 AM »

oh yea thats right.. you aren't qualified to even have an opinion on this because you haven't even seen the fucking band!!? ?

How many times have u seen Slash with GNR........?? So I guess your opinion doesnt Count! 

I have seen almost every boot and his solos before SCOM are garbage.

John Frusciante called, he wants his look back.

EFISH
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2006, 02:02:52 AM »

oh yea thats right.. you aren't qualified to even have an opinion on this because you haven't even seen the fucking band!!   

How many times have u seen Slash with GNR? 

I have seen almost every boot.

This is a discussion about guitar players and how people can say one is better than the other. How do personal attacks fit in with that?

Alright, well I'm off to sleep. Hope you guys can keep it cool, I dont want to wake up to a bunch of deleted posts.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2006, 02:04:55 AM »

How many times have u seen Slash with GNR? 

I have seen almost every boot.

This is a discussion about guitar players and how people can say one is better than the other. How do personal attacks fit in with that?

Alright, well I'm off to sleep. Hope you guys can keep it cool, I dont want to wake up to a bunch of deleted posts.

because its all he has.  it hurts his feel goods when someone likes someone else better than his precious slash.  crying   i'm done with him.   

all i can say D is learn to accept that not all opinions will be the same as yours.  its no reason to get your panties in a bunch.    i dont care if you like slash more.. maybe you outta go find yourself a VR board or something since you seem to like insulting the members of GNR.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2006, 02:06:56 AM »

Jim Bob Jimmy Joe hee haw stated that Finck had more stage presence than Slash.

back in the day when Axl took an oxygen break, u didnt even know he was gone.

Now, when he takes his oxygen break u notice.

Slash has not only some of the greatest riffs and solos but one of the coolest looks and  most original looks whereas Finck cant decide between lookin like a goth or a hippy. Its a great thing Finck dont have tits or he probably would dress like a Pussycat doll.

As I have stated. If u like Robin or whoever better than Slash that is great, fine all power to you.

But to say they are better musicians or guitar players when they have yet to release an album is premature and ignorant.

EFISH
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2006, 02:07:56 AM »

Jim Bob Jimmy Joe hee haw stated that Finck had more stage presence than Slash.

back in the day when Axl took an oxygen break, u didnt even know he was gone.

Now, when he takes his oxygen break u notice.

Slash has not only some of the greatest riffs and solos but one of the coolest looks most original looks whereas Finck cant decide between lookin like a goth or a hippy. Its a great thing Finck dont have tits or he probably would probably dress like a Pussycat doll.
So now you're insulting current members of GNR? Last time I checked, that didn't fly on this board.

And D, just so you know... I like you. I think you're a very intelligent guy. But I think the way you see this subject is just very wrong, that's all.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 02:10:26 AM by EFISH » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2006, 02:08:30 AM »

notice i dont have to insult slash to make my point.   you keep making digs at Finck, who is in GNR now, Slash is not.   

try the VR Board yo.   later.  peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2006, 02:10:00 AM »

How did i insult him?

Did he not dress like a goth? and now he looks like a hippie?  just sayin what next?

Your pal brought up stage presence which deals with appearance etc etc etc etc etc.

If someone constantly changes their style and appearance that has to do directly with stage presence and someone who seems to look however is IN, to me isnt all that original.

EFISH
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2006, 02:11:47 AM »

How did i insult him?

Finck cant decide between lookin like a goth or a hippy. Its a great thing Finck dont have tits or he probably would probably dress like a Pussycat doll.

I find that pretty insulting.

Anyway, goodnight.
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2006, 02:15:45 AM »

I would advise that you get back to the topic of this thread, which if I remember correctly, was how much everyone hated us Smiley

Any further "discussions" on Robin vs. Slash between you two, please use the PM system.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2006, 02:50:22 AM »

I would advise that you get back to the topic of this thread, which if I remember correctly, was how much everyone hated us Smiley

Any further "discussions" on Robin vs. Slash between you two, please use the PM system.

Smite their asses and they'll keep on hating us...  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: