Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSION: Chinese Democracy tentative released March 6, 2007  (Read 24823 times)
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006, 12:51:28 PM »

I don't believe anyone has mentioned this (and maybe it could even use its own thread) but what do all of you think the chances are that sometime after the album is turned over to Universal that it may leak partially or in full to the internet? A lot of people would have access to it at that point and it does happen quite often to other artists. The only good thing about that (other than all of us getting to hear tracks early) would be that typically that forces the record company to get the album out as soon as possible. Just a thought.

There's a lot goin on here.....
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006, 01:21:59 PM »

Can someone explain to me why this "Open letter to the fans" has no link anywhere? Where did it come from?

Link:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061214&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Smiley

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006, 01:24:37 PM »

I don't believe anyone has mentioned this (and maybe it could even use its own thread) but what do all of you think the chances are that sometime after the album is turned over to Universal that it may leak partially or in full to the internet? A lot of people would have access to it at that point and it does happen quite often to other artists. The only good thing about that (other than all of us getting to hear tracks early) would be that typically that forces the record company to get the album out as soon as possible. Just a thought.

If it does, Axl may go out and kill somebody.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »

It's so fucking nice to have Axl write to us for once. This rocks, I can not tell you how excited I am for March.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »

I wonder how well it will sell... Sure there is us (The hardcore GN'R fans) but will the album appeal to the masses?

i think if the album is good it will sell itself. the hardcore fans of course will buy it, a lot of fans of music who have heard about it for so long will buy it out of curiosity, and then I think the rest just relies on how good it is. When the movie Rocky Balboa was announced people thought it was a joke. Everybody knew the die hard rocky fans would come out to see it. Now it is getting really good reviews, and people who thought it would be stupid are giving it a chance. A good review (possibly with an interview/cover story) in a magazine like Rolling Stone would really help sales. Good to know that there will be proper promotion for the album and it will not just "show up in stores." I can't wait! Thanks for finally giving us an update!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2006, 02:13:21 PM »

Hey Axl, if you're reading this, can you Kiss please Kiss put a few new videos up on your website so that your real fans have something to enjoy over the holidays?

Thanks Axl!!! ok beer
ben9785
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2006, 07:44:10 PM »

This is all I have to say.

The album didn't come out as they planned.
But they gave us a very heartfelt and sincere explanation and really showed that they cared for us ultimately regardless of what happened.

The fact they've stuck a tentative complete release date in there, is just a bonus.

I don't care how lame this sounds. Not that I care for christmas, but my wish has been granted.
I know there are more things to life than CD, but music is a big part of my life and one of the only things that gets me by.
I couldn't have asked for any more.

Merry Christmas Axl.
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2006, 08:14:45 PM »

It all kind of makes sense now.  Not too long ago, Axl made a comment about how he wasn't supposed to talk about it, but the next song (Better) is on their next album.  In the letter, he states that they were keeping quiet because of dealing with legal issues or to the like.  Maybe that's what Axl was refering to during the concert and now that things are cleared up (hopefully), he can start talking about things a little bit more and not leave us in the dark.  Just a thought.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »

I wish he would have shared these problems with us earlier; everyone in the community would have been more understanding. However, I am thrilled with this news. The explanation is enough for me, enough to wait, enough to wait even longer than March if he needs to take the time.

I will not engage in setting any theoretical benchmarks.....when a single will drop...when a video will be filmed...With a tentative time table, I think we should just let these guys do what they have to do and wait for for the good word.

Hopefully alot of nerves have been allayed in the past twenty four hours.

Kudos to axl.

A warm handshake to Merck for standing by the project all these years.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2006, 11:23:37 PM »

I'm not going to be an ass and start a whole new thread on the subject...but is anybody else thinking (like I am) that a March 6th release of the album is just 1 month after a pretty big event down in Miami February 6th???

If Chinese Democracy begins March 6th, and proper promotion is used...wouldn't a single or 2 be out by Super Bowl time???

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2006, 11:30:03 PM »

omg its finally gonna happen i can't fucking believe it. I don't know 'bout ya'll but this is the coolest thing to happen to me in a while......which is sad if you think about it O-well heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY on March 6th of 2007 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2006, 11:32:03 PM »

I'm not going to be an ass and start a whole new thread on the subject...but is anybody else thinking (like I am) that a March 6th release of the album is just 1 month after a pretty big event down in Miami February 6th???

If Chinese Democracy begins March 6th, and proper promotion is used...wouldn't a single or 2 be out by Super Bowl time???

peace

i do see your point but it isn't likely bacause Prince is schedualled to do the half time show. But it would be cool though drool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2006, 11:38:36 PM »

Doesn't every "Prince" have a "King?"  I do believe in San Fran Axl dubbed himself King Dick.   hihi

Those half-time shows usually have a bunch of performers.  I could care less if he's even there...I'd settle for a freaking commercial!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
suckerpunched
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2006, 12:01:28 AM »

I beliave in you Uncle Axl, god bless you man

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2006, 10:32:18 AM »

OK, so it's the first time Axl has publicly issued a date. But it is only tentative and nothing more. I suppose it's a step up from "soon" and "13 Tuesdays left", etc. It's nothing spectacular to throw out a digit.

I notice many are ecstatic about a realease date, finally, but don't get your hopes up too much.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »

I have faith, sometime in March. Maybe it'll come out February 27th a week early? Maybe a week later? sometime aroudn then I'm sure.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2006, 10:37:44 AM »

Take a break and come back in March-like Axl said

libertad
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2006, 10:43:35 AM »

You think people shouldn't be excited?

After all this time, a letter is written to and for the fans, to make them feel better and to make them happy and you think people shouldn't be excited about it?

You surprise me.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2006, 10:47:09 AM »

I'm more excited about the fact that Merck was fired...? hihi But anyway, it doesn't matter if it's tentative or not, it's the FIRST time Axl Rose himself has ever given us a date. Period.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2006, 10:50:06 AM »

OK, so it's the first time Axl has publicly issued a date. But it is only tentative and nothing more. I suppose it's a step up from "soon" and "13 Tuesdays left", etc. It's nothing spectacular to throw out a digit.

I notice many are ecstatic about a realease date, finally, but don't get your hopes up too much.

I agree and would go further. As i have always said i think the band will be pissed if it keeps being delayed, and im not sure i entirely agree with the "blame merk entirely and axl not at all" approach of some.

There is of course cause for optimism, but it is only tentative as you say. There could be a lot Axl cant say at this stage and maybe he never will, but i still think we shouldnt get our hopes up, and history bares me out on that one.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: