Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24508 times)
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2006, 02:58:05 PM »

How about we stop bitching about what player we like the best and start looking at the facts?

BBF and Axl won't try and rerecord BHs parts. I'm sure none of them wants it to be a coveralbum.

BBF has not written new parts, there wasn't enough time. Whatever he's contributed will be on songs BH never was on any way, or has been removed already.

I.R.S, Better and TWAT will have BH parts on the album. We know that since they're still being played that way. Madagscar we don't know what will happen to. The rest is pure speculation.

I hope you are right.?  But there are no "facts" as to who will be playing the parts on CD.  And Bumblefoot playing Buckethead parts does sound that good to my ears.  Just like Buckethead playing Bumblefoot or Fortus stuff wouldn't sound as good. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »

I agree with you guys...since when has this become a Buckethead solo album? There have been so many guitarists to come and go over the years...including ones of LEGENDARY status like Brian May and Zakk Wylde....oh yeah and that guy whats his name?? oh yeah SLASH.....
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2006, 03:26:27 PM »

I agree with you guys...since when has this become a Buckethead solo album?

No one wants a Buckethead solo album. He puts out severeal of those a year. But there's only one Chinese Democracy, which Buckethead contributed to greatly, as the leaks prove. If they try to rerecord his parts 1) It'll delay the CD 2) Won't live up to the leaks.

And polluxlm, I get your point. But there are really no facts regarding this guitar situation.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2006, 05:10:14 PM »

Perhaps because I've seen no indication of otherwise? I go by what I hear.
The day I actually hear BBF nail any of those solos I'll agree with you, but not until that. He can use his own touch as much as he wants to, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to hit the right notes.
Obviously you hear what you want. Since when they need to prove to you this way, hitting "the right notes"? There's no right notes. I'm talking about technical skills and there's no need to play exactly what BH did to show this.

I bet you don't think BBF nailed the solo on TWAT at Madrid. I already see people (dave at least) saying this just because he didn't used the same effects (even if it was played almost note by note).

If it's so easy how come nobody's playing it? How come Madagascar went from regular to irregular on the setlist after BH left? I've heard the new versions, they're not particularly good.
You're assuming too much. Do you really think BH played the same solo every night? You should look for some 2002 bootlegs...

Also, it's YOUR opinion. I really don't think Axl is thinkin "oh, Buckethead is gone, let's remove Madagascar of the setlist". Roll Eyes

How about we stop bitching about what player we like the best and start looking at the facts?
Funny how you used the word and yet just assume stuff.

BBF and Axl won't try and rerecord BHs parts. I'm sure none of them wants it to be a coveralbum.

BBF has not written new parts, there wasn't enough time. Whatever he's contributed will be on songs BH never was on any way, or has been removed already.
From May to August, I'm sure he had enough time to write some fills and solos. If Dave Navarro just came to a studio to learn OMG and record the solo in one day, why wouldn't a musician like BBF wouldn't do it?

I.R.S, Better and TWAT will have BH parts on the album. We know that since they're still being played that way. Madagscar we don't know what will happen to. The rest is pure speculation.
IRS solo is way different. Also, Ron Thal is playing an extended version, since it continues trough the end of the song.

Better could have some different fills and solo, since looks like just jamming (just like BH did). But I don't think so (just my bet).

TWAT is a different story, since the solo looks like worked and really well thought when he wrote it.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »

Perhaps because I've seen no indication of otherwise? I go by what I hear.
The day I actually hear BBF nail any of those solos I'll agree with you, but not until that. He can use his own touch as much as he wants to, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to hit the right notes.
Obviously you hear what you want. Since when they need to prove to you this way, hitting "the right notes"? There's no right notes. I'm talking about technical skills and there's no need to play exactly what BH did to show this.

I bet you don't think BBF nailed the solo on TWAT at Madrid. I already see people (dave at least) saying this just because he didn't used the same effects (even if it was played almost note by note).

That's right, he didn't nail that solo. I don't see how anyone can't agree on that. I don't doubt BBF could make a good interpretation of it, but he hasn't done so yet. Atleast that's how I feel about it.

Guess we'll just have to leave it at that.

If it's so easy how come nobody's playing it? How come Madagascar went from regular to irregular on the setlist after BH left? I've heard the new versions, they're not particularly good.
You're assuming too much. Do you really think BH played the same solo every night? You should look for some 2002 bootlegs...

Also, it's YOUR opinion. I really don't think Axl is thinkin "oh, Buckethead is gone, let's remove Madagascar of the setlist". Roll Eyes

Why wouldn't he think that? It seems like more than a coincedence that the 2 songs most heavily influenced by BH are the ones that are played the least. What about Estranged? Civil War? You think they don't play those for any other reason than the absence of Slash? Axl even said so.

Funny how you used the word and yet just assume stuff.

I assume based on 'facts'. A little better than assuming out of thin air I think.

From May to August, I'm sure he had enough time to write some fills and solos. If Dave Navarro just came to a studio to learn OMG and record the solo in one day, why wouldn't a musician like BBF wouldn't do it?

Sure, fills and maybe a couple of solos. But I don't think he made any significant changes. He probably did what BH did, pushed the songs up an extra notch. That doesn't mean he's replaced BH.

IRS solo is way different. Also, Ron Thal is playing an extended version, since it continues trough the end of the song.

Better could have some different fills and solo, since looks like just jamming (just like BH did). But I don't think so (just my bet).

TWAT is a different story, since the solo looks like worked and really well thought when he wrote it.

That's pretty much how I feel too. BBF will feature on some, BH on some. The logical thing would be for Axl to pick the best of each, and that's what I think he'll do.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Saboteur
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2006, 05:33:26 PM »

BBF can shred like Buckethead. Period. If he don't play like him live, it's because he don't want to.

Probably he can't not dont want.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2006, 06:08:16 PM »

That's right, he didn't nail that solo. I don't see how anyone can't agree on that. I don't doubt BBF could make a good interpretation of it, but he hasn't done so yet. Atleast that's how I feel about it.

Yeah, but you forgot that he doesn't have to prove to you.

Why wouldn't he think that? It seems like more than a coincedence that the 2 songs most heavily influenced by BH are the ones that are played the least. What about Estranged? Civil War? You think they don't play those for any other reason than the absence of Slash? Axl even said so.
I don't doubt, but I would like to know the source of where Axl said that. SCOM is played even with the absence of Slash, and I don't think Civil War is more than that.

Also, Buckethead only did a solo in Madagascar, nothing else. He did way more on Better, but they still play it. Again, I insist: go watch/listen to some 2002 bootlegs. Bucket didn't play the same solo every night and what he did is pretty much like what Richard plays now. The RIR3 solo was just improvised, as Bucket always does.

I assume based on 'facts'. A little better than assuming out of thin air I think.
Since when your opinion are "facts"?

Sure, fills and maybe a couple of solos. But I don't think he made any significant changes. He probably did what BH did, pushed the songs up an extra notch. That doesn't mean he's replaced BH.
But I'm not saying Bumblefoot recorded all of BH parts.

BBF can shred like Buckethead. Period. If he don't play like him live, it's because he don't want to.

Probably he can't not dont want.
So tell me why he plays IRS and Better so different each night.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »

guys Guns N Roses have never been about shredding or nailing solos perfectly live....they are not dream theater...this is just my opinion but I think a good old fashioned blues based SLASH solo put over any one of Buckets on TWAT, IRS, Better, OR Maddy..would sound just as good if not better....then again I have been a Guns N Roses fan since the real band was playing together...dont get me wrong I love all the new players and the leaks and live songs sound great...but its not because of bucketheads solos...at least not to me....my faviorite solo in better is the last one...which also happens to sound alot like classic GNR
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »

Well, Buckethead doesn't play all shred. And I'm sorry, but his TWAT and IRS solos and Better fills are just genious IMHO.

BTW, the thread is about Buckethead's contributions on CD. Please, don't turn a nice thread in another Buckethead's bash.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2006, 06:39:59 PM »

Well, Buckethead doesn't play all shred. And I'm sorry, but his TWAT and IRS solos and Better fills are just genious IMHO.

BTW, the thread is about Buckethead's contributions on CD. Please, don't turn a nice thread in another Buckethead's bash.

Thats if there are any contributions of Buckets left to begin with.....remember BBF has been playing these songs for the last 7 months,,, with Pro Tools (which is the program GNR are recording with) I could replace ALL of Bucketheads parts with Rons in a matter of minutes.....So dont think that that will really delay the cd...IF Axl doenst want Bucket on there...im sure he wont be....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2006, 06:43:46 PM »

Yeah, but you forgot that he doesn't have to prove to you.

That still doesn't change the fact that he hasn't showed me aynthing impressive yet. Perhaps with the exception of the recent additions to Chinese Democracy (the song).

I don't doubt, but I would like to know the source of where Axl said that. SCOM is played even with the absence of Slash, and I don't think Civil War is more than that.

Also, Buckethead only did a solo in Madagascar, nothing else. He did way more on Better, but they still play it. Again, I insist: go watch/listen to some 2002 bootlegs. Bucket didn't play the same solo every night and what he did is pretty much like what Richard plays now. The RIR3 solo was just improvised, as Bucket always does.

I don't know when he said it. All I heard was that he had said that Estranged was a Slash song, and that was why they didn't play it. SCOM and such are different, they were huge hits. He has to play them.

And I know about the solo in Madagascar. It changed every night in 02, and it still pains me to hear that. 01 may be improv, but it is still the best version he ever did. Many fans agree on that. I have no clue as to what will happen to that song, but I hope that Axl sees the superior quality in the rio solo.

Since when your opinion are "facts"?

Limited recording sessions, and the hold up of CD being due to Axl, not BBF and Frank, aren't opinions. But what I conclude from those facts are.

But I'm not saying Bumblefoot recorded all of BH parts.

Then what are we doing this for hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2006, 05:44:18 AM »

I really hope Buckethead stays on the album, he's the best guitarplayer ever! Too bad he left the band Cry

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2006, 06:03:49 AM »

WHO KNOWS ?!

damn...

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »

BTW, Bucket's solo in Madagascar is REALLY easy. date=1166796799]

Aren't you the guy who did the instrumental cover of 'Madagascar'? If so, how can you really say the solo is easy? What you played sounds nothing like it! It's nowhere near as good. No offense dude, i'm not trying to be a dick here the rest of the instrumental is great and I don't for a second think I could do better, but then again i'm not the one saying Buckets shit is REALLY easy to play. That's a bold statement, post up audio of you nailing it then i'll agree.

Same goes for Richard's Maddy solo and BF on TWAT we have audio proof that they can't play these solos to the same high quality of BH so why are we even debating that?? And don't start with the 'BF plays it his way' shit either, he's clearly trying to imitate BH but failing on the live TWAT, why do you think they never play it anymore? I think it just cos BF is the CURRENT guitarist people have adopted selective hearing!

Again as i've said previously i'm not debating that Ron is a nice guy and great player, he is and yeah sure his image is better but isn't the music whats important here?? Why settle for second best when BH already laid down perfection? ok

Oh and for anyone saying they can't tell the difference between Richards and Buckets solo's on Maddy, compare these two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaAwtu4D3PA (2001 version with Bucket solo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtUMdgUy6Y (2006 version with Richard) (I DO love the added synth on this version by the way!)

In closing, I love GNR and I love the current line up, they are amazing there is no doubt about it, I saw them live earlier this year. If the album came out with just this line-up on it WOULD still be unreal, I just think BH added some magic to the new songs which is unfortunately missing on the live versions we hear today and I for one hope this magic is present on the album when it's released.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:58:55 PM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2006, 10:27:52 PM »

Bucket didn't play the same solo every night and what he did is pretty much like what Richard plays now.

The solo segment has changed since Bucket departed. The synth and keyboards are higher in the mix and much more pronounced; Richard plays the end of the solo very different from Bucket, almost crunchy.

01 may be improv, but it is still the best version he ever did. Many fans agree on that. I have no clue as to what will happen to that song, but I hope that Axl sees the superior quality in the rio solo.

Richard told a fan that the solo in Madagascar would be changed back to an earlier permutation. This is apparently the version they are playing, with more keyboards and synth.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 10:30:51 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: