Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24788 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2006, 02:44:02 AM »

I think there will be some, but not nearly as much as we expected. Only a song or two in fact.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
EFISH
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2006, 02:46:35 AM »

I think there will be some, but not nearly as much as we expected. Only a song or two in fact.
I agree that itll be much less than expected. Maybe Better, TWAT, and then a song or two that we havent heard before. I hope he has the Madagascar solo but I just don't think so. Would be great though, the solo he did at Rock In Rio III for Madagascar is one of the greatest things I've ever heard.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2006, 02:47:45 AM »

i think it might happen like it happened with steven on uyi, he'll get to stay on a few songs but not too many.

i would've loved to hear his work on all the songs because he's a great guitar player but if they choose not too keep his parts i'm ok with that

EFISH
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2006, 02:49:07 AM »

i think it might happen like it happened with steven on uyi, he'll get to stay on a few songs but not too many.

i would've loved to hear his work on all the songs because he's a great guitar player but if they choose not too keep his parts i'm ok with that
True, but Ron is capable of playing basically anything Buckethead does so I'm sure that the parts that were re-recorded will sound terrific.  Smiley
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2006, 02:55:31 AM »

i don't doubt that the re-recorded parts won't sound great. i'm just curious as to what it would sound with bucket still on them.
and i don't doubt ron couldn't play bucket's parts. in fact, if i remember correctly, richard said that all three of them can shred like bucket but they each go with their own style.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2006, 02:57:28 AM »

i love Axl and Guns'n'Roses as much as the next fan but what i dont get about Axl is that if somthing is already done cool and damn neared perfect why risk it by trying it again, thats stupid rant But since he gave himself a deadline of March 6th i dont think Axl will have time to do that.

What ever dose happen CHINESE DEMOCRACY will own all ?Cool and thats the bottom line because it is a FACT yes

Heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY in March of '07 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
EFISH
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2006, 02:57:37 AM »

I love Buckethead, his solo stuff is great, but I'm glad Ron got to record atleast some stuff, we don't know how much. I don't want to see a whole lot of shredding on C.D

Ah well, it'll be out in 2 1/2 months and it's going to be.... FANTASTIC!  smoking
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2006, 03:02:06 AM »

i love Axl and Guns'n'Roses as much as the next fan but what i dont get about Axl is that if somthing is already done cool and damn neared perfect why risk it by trying it again, thats stupid rant But since he gave himself a deadline of March 6th i dont think Axl will have time to do that.
maybe they chose to re-record because they don't want people that aren't in the band anymore to be on the record? they might want to get a new start without looking back. ok

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2006, 03:02:49 AM »

For atleast another 3 minutes I will believe that there will be alot of Buckmeister on the album(?).

I don't think either Axl or BBF would want to try and replicate any of BHs work. They would have to write new parts, and in the process of that they might have to change other parts of the song again to make it fit. I don't see there to be enough time spent recording last year for that to be possible. Especially not with a 10 year old sistine chapel.

BBF additions will probably be just that, additions. Or parts for songs that BH never contributed to in the first place. I think they will choose from the best BH, and best BBF work and put that somewhat evenly on the record. It all depends on the quality of BBFs work really. In that case scenario we get a win win situation.

But BH will be on the album, why else are they still playing his parts? I hardly think they are going to make new ones by January.

BTW. How can you not use this for an album: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qkJIydbObJg

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 03:09:55 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2006, 03:06:33 AM »

i don't doubt that the re-recorded parts won't sound great. i'm just curious as to what it would sound with bucket still on them.
and i don't doubt ron couldn't play bucket's parts. in fact, if i remember correctly, richard said that all three of them can shred like bucket but they each go with their own style.

Whoever said that, you know that's not true. Even BBF, the most talented of them by far, can't do it. Maybe in the studio, but then only him. Richard and Robin playing Madagascar solo? That's right, they're not.

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2006, 03:10:19 AM »

Whoever said that, you know that's not true. Even BBF, the most talented of them by far, can't do it. Maybe in the studio, but then only him. Richard and Robin playing Madagascar solo? That's right, they're not.
it was in a richard email i think. maybe it was a fake and in that case i'll eat my words. but they are all professional guitar players. that's their job. so i don't doubt they can play whatever they want if they have the time to rehearse.

EFISH
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2006, 03:13:15 AM »

It hasnt happened yet obviously, but I hope this thread doesnt become a Buckethead bash/love fest, and a ex-member vs. current member kind of thread because then itll be locked or deleted. Undecided

That being said, goodnight!  Smiley
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2006, 03:14:16 AM »

it was in a richard email i think. maybe it was a fake and in that case i'll eat my words. but they are all professional guitar players. that's their job. so i don't doubt they can play whatever they want if they have the time to rehearse.

Can you beat Carl Lewis if you're not Carl Lewis?

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2006, 03:18:30 AM »

the answer to the carl lewis question is yes. you don't have to be carl lewis to be better. pick another example.

and i never said richard is better than bucket or something like that. i said he could play buckets parts if he'd rehearse them. but still bucket is the one who wrote the parts.

for what it's worth, polluxlm, the rock in rio III madagascar is still the one i'm listening to whenever i feel like playing that song  ok

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2006, 03:19:25 AM »

I REALLY want GN'R's best guitarist's work to stay which is obviously BUCKETHEAD.  Please keep his parts, because BETTER is legendary with his solo the new one with BBF just doesn't come close.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2006, 03:24:08 AM »

There are apparently several versions of each song recorded. I would not be shocked if Axl removed a Bucket solo and replaced it with an earlier Finck version. Madagascar is really perplexing because the solo section is now more electronic with the guitar complimenting Pittman's fuzzy snuggles. It woudn't surprise me if that was an earlier permutation of that section.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2006, 03:40:52 AM »

There are apparently several versions of each song recorded. I would not be shocked if Axl removed a Bucket solo and replaced it with an earlier Finck version. Madagascar is really perplexing because the solo section is now more electronic with the guitar complimenting Pittman's fuzzy snuggles. It woudn't surprise me if that was an earlier permutation of that section.

Then why aren't these earlier Finck parts being played? Why even get a new shredder if the record is only going to have Finck on lead? The BH parts will stay on for the most part since they're still playing them.

BBF and Frank recorded what? For a couple of weeks according to Merck? I hardly think they came in and wrote an album in that time. They probably layed down a few tracks that Axl thought he could use. After all, it wasn't them that couldn't finish, it was him. That tells me their work was limited. Axl said they had 26 of 32 songs finished. Maybe those 6 songs are what BBF was being used for?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2006, 03:53:59 AM »

Then why aren't these earlier Finck parts being played? Why even get a new shredder if the record is only going to have Finck on lead? The BH parts will stay on for the most part since they're still playing them.

Decent point but we haven't heard the whole record.  Fortus has obviously taken up the Bucket section of Madagascar. Better, IRS and TWAT are relatively intact. Who knows how CITR ended up.

Richard however did write an email to someone who used to be in this forum that the band went back to the way the Madagascar solo was previously written.

Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2006, 05:28:51 AM »

I think each solo should have 300000000000000000000 layers of guitars playing one note each, so it sounds like super sweeps and widdly widdlies galore.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2006, 06:32:03 AM »

I think for the most part his stuff will be gone, but you never know this is Axl.

From the rumored scenarios of how this record came together it would not suprise me that the guys have all done by now all the parts of everyone.

The guy that has to put all this together must be a genuis becasue all the peices have to be spliced together, to Axls liking to 100% perfection.

I have no doubt one of the? hold ups for the last few months is, Axl fell in love with BBF and Frank cuasing a temp. delay and wanted them to be on the record. I have no doubt frank and bbf have been nonstop recording parts. What gets used we have no idea until we hear it and even then will we really know with how many cuts he must have of everything or layers.

I'm 100% confident this will be the best album for a long time and it will sound priceless.

Personally, I prefer BBF to BH so if his stuff is gone so be it.

BH is one of the best guitar guys in the world and probally the best that ever played for GNR, but his appearance and style to me does not work in GNR.

I mean come on how many guys do you know that need a chicken coop to record music, or a doll to talk through.? beer

Bring on March? drool

Besides the guys currently in the band should be the ones on the cd.

BH staying on the CD as time goes on will only be more talk for the media and negative trashing. Let the guys in the group represent the CD, not a past memeber becasue that will be a corner stone in alot of media horsehit reviews that axl current lineup can't do it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 06:34:29 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: