Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24510 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2006, 09:13:19 AM »

Sorry to (HAVE TO) say this again, but we dont have a clue do we?!

Maybe I'm missing something and someone in the band has spelled out to us who played what in the (possibly not yet finished) recording sessions?!

All we really know is who plays what when the songs are played live, coz then we can see!

And many songs, such as madagascar, we dont have studio versions of, so we have even less basis on which to guess how theyll turn out on the album and who played what parts on them!

For example, only a couple days ago we found that Briam May is on TWAT, which no one on this board had previously thought (far as i remember). It is possibly, but unlikely, that Mr May wouldnt know what he's played on.

So, to recap...we know nothing! If i am wrong, please could someone calmly and rationally explain why...please?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2006, 09:21:17 AM »

Axl probably hasn't even made up his mind on what particuliar layers and versions to use, so how would we know? THis is the stuff that's made ChiDem take so long to come out, constant tinkering. So how can we possibly know? Also, with no new manager yet I don't see how those record company contract negotiations can be moving forward very fast, I mean all these details that they are working on now are things the manager is usually very involved in.......I hope the lack of manager is not going to put the schedule out of wack...I knod of expected that someone else was already in the wings when Axl canned Merck but it doesn't look like it was that well planned.
Anyway...... We know nothing  no

~sHiNe oN~
guns_n_motley
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »

Axl probably hasn't even made up his mind on what particuliar layers and versions to use, so how would we know? THis is the stuff that's made ChiDem take so long to come out, constant tinkering. So how can we possibly know? Also, with no new manager yet I don't see how those record company contract negotiations can be moving forward very fast, I mean all these details that they are working on now are things the manager is usually very involved in.......I hope the lack of manager is not going to put the schedule out of wack...I knod of expected that someone else was already in the wings when Axl canned Merck but it doesn't look like it was that well planned.
Anyway...... We know nothing? no

according to beta, merck was canned right after thanksgiving.. so im sure they might have a new manageer by now?
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »

and how do you know there wasn't? As you said we know nothing. Still I am sure there is already a new manager/team.
darkmonth
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2006, 09:51:36 AM »

i don't doubt that the re-recorded parts won't sound great. i'm just curious as to what it would sound with bucket still on them.
and i don't doubt ron couldn't play bucket's parts. in fact, if i remember correctly, richard said that all three of them can shred like bucket but they each go with their own style.

Whoever said that, you know that's not true. Even BBF, the most talented of them by far, can't do it. Maybe in the studio, but then only him. Richard and Robin playing Madagascar solo? That's right, they're not.
it was in a richard email i think. maybe it was a fake and in that case i'll eat my words. but they are all professional guitar players. that's their job. so i don't doubt they can play whatever they want if they have the time to rehearse.

Well, I've SEEN Richard do shred as fast as Bucket ... Bucket isn't THAT fast you know!  Sure, he's a shred meister and VERY good ... but jeez... Richard CAN do the shit BH does.  Robin... no fucking way in hell.

On a side note, check out Dragonforce's two guitar team, notably Herman Lee, who fucking destroys bucket's speed AND melody...  He's THE most technically proficient guitarist out there at the mo ... and with the chops goes creativity...

Smiley
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »

Whoever said that, you know that's not true. Even BBF, the most talented of them by far, can't do it. Maybe in the studio, but then only him. Richard and Robin playing Madagascar solo? That's right, they're not.
And you say this because...? Yeah, that's right, you are just saying that with no clue.

BBF can shred like Buckethead. Period. If he don't play like him live, it's because he don't want to. It's the same thing with any new guitar player in this band: they don't have to play exactly what Slash played, they have their own touch. That makes them incapable of playing his parts? Hell no!

BTW, Bucket's solo in Madagascar is REALLY easy. And Richard plays some fills on KOHD exactly like Buckethead did in 2002 (listen to Rock Am Ring boot with your right speaker).

For example, only a couple days ago we found that Briam May is on TWAT, which no one on this board had previously thought (far as i remember). It is possibly, but unlikely, that Mr May wouldnt know what he's played on.

So, to recap...we know nothing! If i am wrong, please could someone calmly and rationally explain why...please?
You are wrong. Brian May is not on TWAT - as far as the demos (and the live versions has no indication of his work too). Any guitar player with good ears can tell the difference between each guitarist. They have their own style, tone and feel.

Just because that Queen site said it doesn't make it true. I am 100% sure that Brian May is not on the TWAT versions we have which is most likely what we'll hear on the album.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2006, 10:27:59 AM »

Axl probably cancelled the tour in ordr to do any negotiations himself. im sure he knows the business well enough by now.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2006, 10:30:37 AM »

And you say this because...? Yeah, that's right, you are just saying that with no clue.

BBF can shred like Buckethead. Period. If he don't play like him live, it's because he don't want to. It's the same thing with any new guitar player in this band: they don't have to play exactly what Slash played, they have their own touch. That makes them incapable of playing his parts? Hell no!

BTW, Bucket's solo in Madagascar is REALLY easy. And Richard plays some fills on KOHD exactly like Buckethead did in 2002 (listen to Rock Am Ring boot with your right speaker).

You are wrong. Brian May is not on TWAT - as far as the demos (and the live versions has no indication of his work too). Any guitar player with good ears can tell the difference between each guitarist. They have their own style, tone and feel.

Just because that Queen site said it doesn't make it true. I am 100% sure that Brian May is not on the TWAT versions we have which is most likely what we'll hear on the album.

Yeah ok. but official Queen sources say diferent. and only your ears disagree. no one new may was on citr til he mentioned it himself. your ears picked that up too did they?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2006, 10:35:54 AM »

Yeah ok. but official Queen sources say diferent. and only your ears disagree. no one new may was on citr til he mentioned it himself. your ears picked that up too did they?
Check my history of posts here. Of course I knew it and I wasn't the only one. Wink
BTW, Robin is on CITR too, in the left speaker.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who says May is not on TWAT. You can ask to any other guitarist (try this guy above my post, Twisted - he's a very good guitar player).

asianstyles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2006, 11:29:01 AM »

i don't doubt that the re-recorded parts won't sound great. i'm just curious as to what it would sound with bucket still on them.
and i don't doubt ron couldn't play bucket's parts. in fact, if i remember correctly, richard said that all three of them can shred like bucket but they each go with their own style.

it was in a richard email i think. maybe it was a fake and in that case i'll eat my words. but they are all professional guitar players. that's their job. so i don't doubt they can play whatever they want if they have the time to rehearse.

Well, I've SEEN Richard do shred as fast as Bucket ... Bucket isn't THAT fast you know!? Sure, he's a shred meister and VERY good ... but jeez... Richard CAN do the shit BH does.? Robin... no fucking way in hell.

On a side note, check out Dragonforce's two guitar team, notably Herman Lee, who fucking destroys bucket's speed AND melody...? He's THE most technically proficient guitarist out there at the mo ... and with the chops goes creativity...

Smiley

I highly doubt that Richard can shred as fast as Buckethead. Richard may be able to shred as fast as Buckethead did for the GNR songs, but have you heard some of Buckethead's solo work where he shreds insanely fast? And I am pretty sure that Richard can't do the 8 finger tapping like Buckethead.
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2006, 11:45:05 AM »

buckethead isn't really that great. sure he's good, but there are lots of better guitarists out there. and i've seen ron do 8 finger tapping. it'll probably be alot like when kirk hammet replaced dave mustaine on kill em all. bout half and half
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »

BH is one of the best guitar guys in the world and probally the best that ever played for GNR, but his appearance and style to me does not work in GNR.

You're totally right. I mean, Bucket's image just destroyed Better. It sounds like shit when he plays with the Bucket on his head. And TWAT, yeah, I don't know what people are smoking here, but can't you hear how his mask totally fucks up that outro? And don't get me started on IRS. The yellow jacket makes it sound like he's playing in a tunnel, I mean seriously.

Close-minded people can't get past Bucket's image, which doesn't at all affect the quality of the material. Who's gonna be sitting around listening to CD and thinking, "Damn, this sounds so good, but the guy looks stupid."

Remember "fat Axl," "botox Axl" and all the other "image" arguments people used against GNR in 2002. Well, we still loved the music, right? Same argument, and you're a hypocrite if you say Bucket should be gone because of his image.

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2006, 11:54:11 AM »

I pray that Buckethead's contributions remain UNTOUCHED on CD by any other mortal guitarist.? (Sadly, I think the chances of this are increasingly remote in light of the comments that Ron added to CD.? Axl's history -- and a significant part of the delay of CD -- seems to be to re-record departed members parts.? Keeping the parts up to date with departed members has been the tricky part. )

Axl probably cancelled the tour in ordr to do any negotiations himself. im sure he knows the business well enough by now.

I also pray that this is untrue.? (And I'm sure it is.? Axl has a cadre of attorneys to deal with this stuff, as anyone with half-a-brain would do in negotiating a distribution deal of this complexity.)? As I've said before, IF there is a significant delay from March 7, it will be because of these complicated -- and apparently still unresolved -- negotiations.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 11:56:55 AM by veritas55 » Logged
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2006, 01:12:13 PM »

Check my history of posts here. Of course I knew it and I wasn't the only one. Wink
BTW, Robin is on CITR too, in the left speaker.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who says May is not on TWAT. You can ask to any other guitarist (try this guy above my post, Twisted - he's a very good guitar player).

Over to you Twisted. But i dont really believe that pople can just tell by ear.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »

But i dont really believe that pople can just tell by ear.
Just because you can't, doesn't mean other people can't. Roll Eyes

You should take a look at the CITR thread. In page 1 already, there were people saying it was Brian May.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »

Perhaps because I've seen no indication of otherwise? I go by what I hear.

The day I actually hear BBF nail any of those solos I'll agree with you, but not until that. He can use his own touch as much as he wants to, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to hit the right notes.

If it's so easy how come nobody's playing it? How come Madagascar went from regular to irregular on the setlist after BH left? I've heard the new versions, they're not particularly good.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »

Why would Buckethead be on the record?? He's not in the band anymore!!!  WHy dont we get Slash, Dave Navarro, and Zakk Wylde on the record too.....anybody who says Buckethead is the greatest guitar player on the earth obviously does not own a guitar...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2006, 02:06:20 PM »

But i dont really believe that pople can just tell by ear.
Just because you can't, doesn't mean other people can't. Roll Eyes

You should take a look at the CITR thread. In page 1 already, there were people saying it was Brian May.

I believe page 2 actually  hihi beer

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2006, 02:10:32 PM »

Who's to say that two versions of the same some are put on the album  smoking  Its not like it ain't been done before is it. ( intro and outro tracks if you like)

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »

How about we stop bitching about what player we like the best and start looking at the facts?

BBF and Axl won't try and rerecord BHs parts. I'm sure none of them wants it to be a coveralbum.

BBF has not written new parts, there wasn't enough time. Whatever he's contributed will be on songs BH never was on any way, or has been removed already.

I.R.S, Better and TWAT will have BH parts on the album. We know that since they're still being played that way. Madagscar we don't know what will happen to. The rest is pure speculation.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: